Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,643 members, 7,861,983 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:01 AM

₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal (13229 Views)

Minimum Wage: The Hypocrisy Of Tinubu Supporter, Ogbeni Dipo (2015 Vs 2024) / Strike’ll Add To Hardship, N494,000 Minimum Wage Unrealistic, Says LP / Biafra,oduduwa Are Unrealistic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by helinues: 6:04am On May 23
Where do the Labour union expect the government to get the funds? To borrow or to increase more tax base which Nigerians are fuming at both?

What should happen to private sector workers, how would they be able to cope in the same economy where the government workers would be earning X300% of their basic salary?

What would happen to Nigeria economy with government paying N500k as salary? Inflation of course.

Labour union are only after salary increase but not after fishing out the ghost workers and those with shady certificates who consume chunk of the salaries paid by government

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by Justiceganduje: 6:06am On May 23
As a patriot, I pray that God will answer the prayers of the labour unions and also give job to the jobless. Amen.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by robinso01(m): 6:07am On May 23
They even forgot about inflation. Asking for 500k as minimum salary will inflate everything, things of 1k might rise to 10k.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by BafanaBafana: 6:13am On May 23
I agree with you. It is the duty of labor union to fish out ghost workers and not the government.
Also, the ghost workers and unqualified are the ones siphoning money and not corrupt politicians.
This is my BATeria infested submission.

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by helinues: 6:15am On May 23
robinso01:
They even forgot about inflation. Asking for 500k as minimum salary will inflate everything, things of 1k might rise to 10k.

I still remember vividly what caused a governor his second term election in my state back then.

He increased the workers salary and went to the market places to tell the market women to increase the price of goods as his has increased the workers salary. That was it. He loss his reelection as an incumbent.

With the Labour union unrealistic proposal, inflation is inevitable

40 Likes

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by Justiceganduje: 6:20am On May 23
helinues:

I still remember vividly what caused a governor his second term election in my state back then.

He increased the workers salary and went to the market places to tell the market women to increase the price of goods as his has increased the workers salary. That was it. He loss his reelection as an incumbent.

Are you for real? Hurry up ok.

5 Likes

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by helinues: 6:21am On May 23
Justiceganduje:
Are you for real? Hurry up ok.

Don't run mad all in the name of trolling others.

You can't just be sounding incoherently on my mentions.

You have no meaningful or sensible contributions to topics apart from trolling people up and down.

Stop behaving as if you are cursed with this years of trolling

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by helinues: 6:26am On May 23
BafanaBafana:
I agree with you. It is the duty of labor union to fish out ghost workers and not the government.
Also, the ghost workers and unqualified are the ones siphoning money and not corrupt politicians.
This is my BATeria infested submission.

Where did I say it's the duty of Labour union to fish out ghost workers?

Oh dear, make una dey read and comprehend before doing una as usual unnecessary attacks

30 Likes

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by okeyley: 6:26am On May 23
helinues:

so you even have state. I thought you were. stateless or one almajiri

12 Likes

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by Paraman: 6:34am On May 23
Ajaero is a clown. I don't know where he wants the FG, state and private sector to get the amount he's asking for

3 Likes

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by helinues: 6:35am On May 23
Paraman:
Ajaero is a clown. I don't know where he wants the FG, state and private sector to get the amount he's asking for

Not only Labour, even those who are supporting their N500k proposal

All of them are just unrealistic

32 Likes

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by DMerciful(m): 6:35am On May 23
So what caused the current inflation since minimum wage has been 30k for a long time?

Why did lawmakers buy car of 160 million each, did they think of inflation?

How much do you think is lawmakers salaries?

Why do the hoi polloi shortchange themselves?
robinso01:

41 Likes

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by helinues: 6:38am On May 23
DMerciful:
So what caused the current inflation since minimum wage has been 30k for a long time?

Cooked figures by CBN under Emefiele led us to this situation. The figures were been cooked starting from GEJ's term.

We borrowed to almost do everything while the tax and the revenues we have been receiving can't be properly accounted for

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by DMerciful(m): 6:46am On May 23
So why then did the lawmakers buy cars worth 160 million each? Didnt they think of inflation?

What was inflation before buhari left? About 28%! Tinubu was supposed to reduce it, not increase it to almost 34%

Inflation is as a result of low food production due to insecurity, high fuel cost due to Tinubu increasing petrol price by over 300% and low daily crude oil output.

Bittom line is the govt is grossly incompetent and corrupt
helinues:

Cooked figures by CBN under Emefiele led us to this situation. The figures were been cooked starting from GEJ's term.

We borrowed to almost do everything while the tax and the revenues we have been receiving can't be properly accounted for

31 Likes

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by helinues: 6:48am On May 23
DMerciful:
So why then did the lawmakers buy cars worth 160 million each? Didnt they think of inflation?

What was inflation before buhari left? About 28%! Tinubu was supposed to reduce it, not increase it to almost 34%

Inflation is as a result of low food production due to insecurity, high fuel cost due to Tinubu increasing petrol price by over 300% and low daily crude oil output.

Bittom line is the govt is grossly incompetent and corrupt

Speaking of the lawmakers, when I was shouting untop of my voice early before the last election that Nigerians should focus more on how to elect credible people to both Senate and HOA instead of channeling too much of the energy on the presidency, some people said I was talking nonsense.

Matured jungle

https://www.nairaland.com/7148648/obis-joining-labour-party-welcome

27 Likes

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by TinubuThief: 6:49am On May 23
Slave and hungry man without functioning brain making excuses for slave master
I spit on your face

17 Likes

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by TinubuThief: 6:50am On May 23
Justiceganduje:
As a patriot, I pray that God will answer the prayers of the labour unions and also give job to the jobless. Amen.
As a patriot or as a miscreant zombie?

5 Likes

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by nedu666: 6:50am On May 23
Justiceganduje:

Double amen

3 Likes

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by DMerciful(m): 6:51am On May 23
In 2027, when Obi becomes president, he will put the legislators in their place. Citizens will vote in critical decisions like a referendum if the lawmakers wanna frustrate him

He will be able to do that because his popularity will be over 70%
helinues:

Speaking of the lawmakers, when I was shouting untop of my voice early before the last election that Nigerians should focus more on how to elect credible people to both Senate and HOA instead of channeling too much of the energy on the presidency, some people said I was talking nonsense.

Matured jungle

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by TinubuThief: 6:53am On May 23
DMerciful:

Ignore that zombie. He is senseless

7 Likes

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by freshboi88: 6:53am On May 23
Very senseless post. Is it labour that put ghost workers into IPPIS payroll ? What is labour concern with that, is it labour that control employment in Nigeria ?... Who is this airhead running around Nairaland spewing trash.

What is the equivalent of 500k in dollars ? A little above $300, $300 for a month salary is too much..are you madt ? Oh shut up

The government should have thought about this before removing fuel subsidy. Where are the government palliatives ? Where is the CNG buses to ease transportation ? Why is good prices so high ? How is the average worker which makes a large chunk of the population supposed to live ? Do you guys even think ? Foolish lot!

There is no money to pay that amount, so tell me why government decides to buy luxury vehicles ? Pay 90 billion on Hajj subsidy, meaning they will also have to subsidize Jerusalem pilgrimage with another 90 billion ? And yet government cannot pay workers living wage.

How much are our soldiers paid, those fighting terrorism in the warfront, keeping your miserable self and your family safe ? You think 500k is too much to pay the lowest ranking soldier .....You are sick on the head ....

On where the government will get the money, if government stops spending money on things that do not benefit the Nigerian people, if government stops wasting money and is actually prudent then there will be enough money saved to improve the living condition of the average Nigerian worker.

I hope u can now see how daft you are. Now close this post and think of how you are such a terrible person. Peace !

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by nedu666: 6:53am On May 23
Labour knows wat it his doing. Its final target is 100k. If it started negotiations at 100k. Govt can end up at 30k. Starting at 615k, it's now down to 500k. Gradually they will meet at 100k

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by helinues: 7:19am On May 23
DMerciful:
In 2027, when Obi becomes president, he will put the legislators in their place. Citizens will vote in critical decisions like a referendum if the lawmakers wanna frustrate him

He will be able to do that because his popularity will be over 70%

Then Labour should wait till 2027 when Obi would increase the minimum wage to N1,000,000

The same Peter Obi that couldn't pay the new increased minimum wage as a governor that made the doctors in Anambra state to go on strike for almost a year.

When would you guys moved to the castles you built on air?

6 Likes

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by DMerciful(m): 7:23am On May 23
I don't see Obi increasing minimum wage astronomically, i see him reducing the exchange rate to probably N200/$1 by moving us from consumption to production
helinues:

Then Labour should wait till 2027 when Obi would increase the minimum wage to N1,000,000

The same Peter Obi that couldn't pay the new increased minimum wage as a governor that made the doctors in Anambra state to go on strike for almost a year.

When would you guys moved to the castles you built on air?

9 Likes

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by helinues: 7:25am On May 23
DMerciful:
I don't see Obi increasing minimum wage astronomically, i see him reducing the exchange rate to probably N200/$1 by moving us from consumption to production

But Peter Obi couldn't even pay the increased minimum wage as a governor. How are we sure he won't continue in that path?

Abi has he governed Pluto where he paid the new increased minimum wage after he completed his tenure in Anambra state ?

6 Likes

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by DMerciful(m): 7:32am On May 23
Go and verify, Obi was the best governor during his time. Forget all these campaign of calumny against him

Do your research using standard developmental indices
helinues:

Put Peter Obi couldn't even pay the increased minimum wage as a governor. How are we sure he won't continue in that path?

Abi has he governed Pluto where he paid the new increased minimum wage after he completed his tenure in Anambra state ?

8 Likes

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by helinues: 7:37am On May 23
DMerciful:
Go and verify, Obi was the best governor during his time. Forget all these campaign of calumny against him

Do your research using standard developmental indices

But Peter Obi couldn't even pay the increased minimum wage as a governor. How are we sure he won't continue in that path?

We are talking about paying new minimum wage about Peter Obi which we have verified

3 Likes

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by DMerciful(m): 7:43am On May 23
Share a credible source that shows Obi did not pay minimum wage
helinues:

We are talking about paying new minimum wage about Peter Obi which we have verified

1 Like

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by helinues: 7:47am On May 23
DMerciful:
Share a credible source that shows Obi did not pay minimum wage

Some of you guys now argue for arguing sake

Funnily, the person who posted that is now an Obidients.

Na so hypocrisy full una camp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by DMerciful(m): 7:49am On May 23
This is beer parlour gossip. Share a credible source like a newspaper publication, credible online source, channels news etc
helinues:

Some of you guys now argue for arguing sake

Funnily, the person who posted that is now an Obidients.

Na so hypocrisy full una camp

2 Likes

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by helinues: 7:52am On May 23
DMerciful:
This is beer parlour gossip. Share a credible source like a newspaper publication, credible online source, channels news etc

Even though you knew about the doctors strike but just decided to be mischievous as usual.

Below link and screenshot should keep you mute once and for all

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/doctors-call-off-13-month-old-strike-in-anambra/amp/

5 Likes

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by Ofunaofu: 8:20am On May 23
helinues:
Where do the Labour union expect the government to get the funds? To borrow or to increase more tax base which Nigerians are fuming at both?

What should happen to private sector workers, how would they be able to cope in the same economy where the government workers would be earning X300% of their basic salary?

What would happen to Nigeria economy with government paying N500k as salary? Inflation of course.

Labour union are only after salary increase but not after fishing out the ghost workers and those with shady certificates who consume chunk of the salaries paid by government

If labour is unrealistic with their demand, is the government realistic with their proposal

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obama Ordering Take-out, Eating In Resturant / Oshiomhole Is One Of The Best Performing Governors – Emir Sanusi / We Shall Rebuild The Destroyed Places Of Worship Affected Since 2011- El Rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.