Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,963 members, 7,863,426 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:32 PM

Sweeter Than Bread! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sweeter Than Bread! (67 Views)

Sweeter Than Bread! (part 4) / Sweeter Than Bread! (part 3) / Love Is Sweeter Than Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sweeter Than Bread! by Interesting15: 9:43am On May 23
Wisdom For Destiny Daily Devotional *(23rd May, 2024)*

by *Sunday Akanni*

TOPIC: Sweeter Than Bread!

Matthew 4:4 ‬
But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’ ”

*Message*

See what Job said: *"I have not departed from the commandment of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth More than my necessary food." (23:12).*

It's usual to eat good food daily for strength and pleasure, but the LORD attested that His Word is sweeter and more refreshing than physical food and must thus be given greater priority above anything else pleasurable on earth.

*When you eat a nice meal, you have only benefitted your body, and maybe delighted your soul to a measure, depending on the peculiar conditions around you. But you see, God's word is beneficial to us spirit, soul and body. When you consume God's word, your spirit (which is the real you) is nourished, your soul (which is a compartment of your spirit that connects your spirit and body) is enlightened, and your body is refreshed (particularly via the economy of an unquantifiable dispensed divine joy that enhances good health).*

If you like nutritious food, then you should give priority to God's word, for it offers a divine kind of nutrient we don't get from any other food source around the world. These divine nutrients are life to your bones and immune system.

*Prayers*

I embrace the benefits of God's word at all times.

*Further Reading*‭‭‭‭

Job 23:12
"I have not departed from the commandment of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth More than my necessary food."

*N.B: TO GET THIS DIRECTLY ON WHATSAPP, KINDLY SEND "WISDOM FOR DESTINY" TO EITHER 2348185021024 OR SUNDAYAKANNIOFFICIAL@GMAIL.COM*

(1) (Reply)

75 Good Manners That We Can Learn From The Holy Quran / The Birth Narratives Of Jesus In The New Testament – Part 1 / Spiritual Meaning Of Wolf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.