Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,976 members, 7,863,481 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:37 PM

Sweeter Than Bread! (part 3) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sweeter Than Bread! (part 3) (71 Views)

Sweeter Than Bread! (part 4) / Sweeter Than Bread! (part 2) / Love Is Sweeter Than Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sweeter Than Bread! (part 3) by Interesting15: 10:01am On May 25
Wisdom For Destiny Daily Devotional *(25th May, 2024)*

by *Sunday Akanni*

TOPIC: Sweeter Than Bread! (Part 3)

Deuteronomy 8:3 ‬
So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord.

*Message*

Experts say people only keep doing what rewards them. Hence, when reading the bible becomes unrewarding, it becomes easy to quit. If you still have a healthy conscience, you will likely feel guilty but become spiritually weak and tired. But you must always remember that your soul can't thrive without God's word.

But you may say, "I know so and so persons who don't read God's word, but they are doing fine and happy". Then I will answer you, "They aren't living the best version of themselves". I will also correct you by saying, "Anyone who seems happy outside of God is only a great actor".

*The Bible says, "So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord. (Deuteronomy 8:3).*

*When we don't enjoy feasting on God's word, we begin to shrink bit by bit and it becomes impossible to become all that God has destined us to be.*

"But I don't have time to always read the bible". How much time do you spend with your phone each day? Hours, right? If you find social media rewarding and not God's word, your soul needs great help. Change your habits and start reading the bible.

*Prayers*

Dear LORD, help me enjoy feasting on Your words.

*Further Reading*‭‭‭‭

Matthew 4:4 ‬
But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’ ”

*N.B: TO GET THIS DIRECTLY ON WHATSAPP, KINDLY SEND "WISDOM FOR DESTINY" TO EITHER 2348185021024 OR SUNDAYAKANNIOFFICIAL@GMAIL.COM*

(1) (Reply)

Bible Quiz Genesis 1-50 With Answers / El Bethel Sanctuary Marks Juvenile Harvest 2024 In Style / Dreams Of Enoch - 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.