Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,983 members, 7,863,501 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:02 PM

Sweeter Than Bread! (part 4) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sweeter Than Bread! (part 4) (64 Views)

Sweeter Than Bread! (part 3) / Sweeter Than Bread! (part 2) / Love Is Sweeter Than Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sweeter Than Bread! (part 4) by Interesting15: 10:07pm On May 26
Wisdom For Destiny Daily Devotional *(26th May, 2024)*

by *Sunday Akanni*

TOPIC: Sweeter Than Bread! (Part 4)

Jeremiah 15:16‬
Your words were found, and I ate them, And Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; For I am called by Your name, O Lord God of hosts.

*Message*

The Bible says, "So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord. (Deuteronomy 8:3).

*Take note, "Man (humans) is meant to live by..." Reading the bible is sweet to a healthy soul, but living out the words is even sweeter. We mustn't be hypocrites who have formed a religious habit around reading the contents of the bible for whatever motives but aren't living by the godly principles of God's word.*

God's word is not profitable (both to you and God) only when you hear or read them, but when you live by it in obedience. God's word isn't meant to entertain you but to energize you toward the paths of destiny fulfillment as you embrace its wisdom in obedience. When you read the bible, its primary purpose isn't to add to your knowledge base, but to equip you with eternal principles meant to be practiced. Practicing God's word makes you become all He has ordained you to be even before you were formed in your mother's womb.

*Prayers*

Help me, dear LORD, to live by Your word.

*Further Reading*‭‭‭‭

Matthew 4:4 ‬
But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’ ”

*N.B: TO GET THIS DIRECTLY ON WHATSAPP, KINDLY SEND "WISDOM FOR DESTINY" TO EITHER 2348185021024 OR SUNDAYAKANNIOFFICIAL@GMAIL.COM*

(1) (Reply)

Your Daily Encounter (the Money And His Angels Swimming The Earth) / Are You Worried About Retirement? / Message To The Church Part 63

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.