Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,176 members, 7,867,403 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:32 PM

I Don't Know How To Act Around My Siblings - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Don't Know How To Act Around My Siblings (1176 Views)

I Cheated On My Husband With A Guy From Work And I Don't Know What To Do. / Five Siblings Recreate Childhood Photo After 50 Years / Siblings Fight Dirty Over Late Bank Manager’s Wealth (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Know How To Act Around My Siblings by papikushz: 10:10am On May 23
Growing up as the last my siblings always don't wanna hang with me, the would rather be with their friends and tell me to get lost. I am grown now they wanna talk with me but I don't even know how to act around them or even know what to talk about while with them. It's like we are trying to force it but nothing most times I spend and express myself amongst outsiders than to then.
I learned to do things on my own, I only seek help when it's so bad, I don't even know how to ask them for help when I need, I just keep going till am stuck (being too judgy is part of why I just keep to myself and bear my cross and while at it I blame no one but sometimes it gets so heavy.
I just want to unwind here.
At some point I felt so isolated

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Know How To Act Around My Siblings by Mindlog: 10:20am On May 23
What is the age difference?

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know How To Act Around My Siblings by Onyiiobi7735(m): 10:47am On May 23
Nawa oo! Different issues of life everyday.
Well I don't blame the Op at all because the way you treat someone below you is how he will relate towards you.
That's why we see cases of siblings where the younger despises the older so much and keeps his or her distance from them.
Things like the Op's issue often brings such situations.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Know How To Act Around My Siblings by brain54(m): 10:53am On May 23
Different situations or circumstances...

Really affect different people in different ways!
Re: I Don't Know How To Act Around My Siblings by MOG6670(m): 10:57am On May 23
I cant relate to it because i'm the first born. I can sense some intense or sense discomfort catching up with my sibling especially younger ones. But why? We dont kill. Ur prblm is dat u dnt be ur self around them.
Re: I Don't Know How To Act Around My Siblings by Holyfic: 10:59am On May 23
It ain't easy I cant tell you i understand it all , but be brave to say what on your mind without being disrespectful maybe with time they will understand
Re: I Don't Know How To Act Around My Siblings by Usmanovic95(m): 1:50pm On May 23
Guess you are an introvert?
Re: I Don't Know How To Act Around My Siblings by Ballzproblem2: 3:58pm On May 23
mine is similar with yours ,apart from small chit chat o don't relate with my elder siblings like that,due them isolating me when I was younger,no bad blood though but it is what it is.
Re: I Don't Know How To Act Around My Siblings by GodHimself: 8:26pm On May 23
You’re upgrading your relationship with them. Endure the discomfort, it will soon ease.

Discomfort with change is a normal human behavior.

papikushz:
Growing up as the last my siblings always don't wanna hang with me, the would rather be with their friends and tell me to get lost. I am grown now they wanna talk with me but I don't even know how to act around them or even know what to talk about while with them. It's like we are trying to force it but nothing most times I spend and express myself amongst outsiders than to then.
I learned to do things on my own, I only seek help when it's so bad, I don't even know how to ask them for help when I need, I just keep going till am stuck (being too judgy is part of why I just keep to myself and bear my cross and while at it I blame no one but sometimes it gets so heavy.
Re: I Don't Know How To Act Around My Siblings by blazingyou: 10:29pm On May 23
Uhmm lipsrsealed

Mine is 9 years difference... It is bad

If I discuss serious matter with him, he won't even encourage me, nothing

Very annoying...

I don't even say anything anymore.... I've gone COLD sad
He face his family and I face my single life grin

My advice to you is that ... You shouldn't have any bad blood ... Family is always family and siblings are always going to be part of you for life...
They'll always come through for you only when you're at your lowest...

My brother can not leave me to die but that's only when he see that I'm dying. LOL grin

So OP, whenever you need help let them know, they will always come through big time

Abegi; I sell fabulous Ankara fabric
Re: I Don't Know How To Act Around My Siblings by 1Sharon(f): 12:09am On May 24
Awww
Re: I Don't Know How To Act Around My Siblings by ITbomb(m): 6:06am On May 24
Same shoes that time.

I used my time alone to be reading, educating my mind and acquiring skills.

Today, it helps
Re: I Don't Know How To Act Around My Siblings by Nicepoker(m): 7:13am On May 24
You don't know much about the abilities of a lone ranger. Let them be.
Re: I Don't Know How To Act Around My Siblings by StillDtruth: 8:33am On May 24
blazingyou:
Uhmm lipsrsealed

Mine is 9 years difference... It is bad

If I discuss serious matter with him, he won't even encourage me, nothing

Very annoying...

I don't even say anything anymore.... I've gone COLD sad
He face his family and I face my single life grin

My advice to you is that ... You shouldn't have any bad blood ... Family is always family and siblings are always going to be part of you for life...
They'll always come through for you only when you're at your lowest...

My brother can not leave me to die but that's only when he see that I'm dying. LOL grin

So OP, whenever you need help let them know, they will always come through big time

Abegi; I sell fabulous Ankara fabric

You are lucky.

Mine are praying and wishing.that i die.

But God disappoints them and through God, i love living to disappoint and annoy them.
Re: I Don't Know How To Act Around My Siblings by StillDtruth: 8:36am On May 24
papikushz:

ItBomb has spoken my mind. Turn that isolation to your profit and leave those people in their places.

Relate with them only if you have to and die alone if you have to. That is how the world has become.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know How To Act Around My Siblings by blazingyou: 9:19am On May 24
StillDtruth:

You are lucky.

Mine are praying and wishing.that i die.

But God disappoints them and through God, i love living to disappoint and annoy them.

I don't know you but I will tell you one thing....

Pray for the spirit of love in your family... Tell God you want Him to come in and dwell in your family...

God is love and that's why He sent His only son Jesus so, that we can be able to give out love through the power of the holy spirit...

If there's love among yourselves, there will be care, understanding and support...
That's what family is all about.
Re: I Don't Know How To Act Around My Siblings by BigYash: 2:18pm On May 24
Just try to see them as part of you.. Visit them and always communicate with them.. I have a brother who is an introvert. He will never call or text you,to go reach parent o. So I kept calling even when he doesn’t care to call back.. At some point I stopped calling him.. I was shocked he started calling to check how I was when he saw that I stopped. Just try blend with them..

Communication among siblings is important.
Re: I Don't Know How To Act Around My Siblings by Mariangeles(f): 3:52pm On May 24
papikushz:

What about friends? Do you have any?
If you do, how do you relate with them?

From what I've observed so far, the issue might be mainly from you, and not your siblings.
You seem so withdrawn. Into your shell.

I mean, check it, you can't even engage people on the post YOU created (answer questions), much less...
What do you make of that?
Re: I Don't Know How To Act Around My Siblings by StillDtruth: 12:28am On May 25
blazingyou:

I don't know you but I will tell you one thing....

Pray for the spirit of love in your family... Tell God you want Him to come in and dwell in your family...

God is love and that's why He sent His only son Jesus so, that we can be able to give out love through the power of the holy spirit...

If there's love among yourselves, there will be care, understanding and support...
That's what family is all about.

There is love amongst themselves, its just me they kick out.
Re: I Don't Know How To Act Around My Siblings by blazingyou: 1:02am On May 25
StillDtruth:

There is love amongst themselves, its just me they kick out.

Sometimes, people don't understand why they act the way they do, they just felt it normal.

Do you know if you're the Joseph among your siblings...

It is well cool
Re: I Don't Know How To Act Around My Siblings by StillDtruth: 1:13am On May 25
blazingyou:

Sometimes, people don't understand why they act the way they do, they just felt it normal.

Do you know if you're the Joseph among your siblings...

It is well cool

Tsk! Thanks anyway. We all know what is right to do nonetheless, The Law rules us and it bids me to stay in my lawful place, so i have learnt to stay there and enjoy my stay there, so i am not complaining but the op is and i just wanted to say my N20 that he should learn to enjoy his own company.

(1) (Reply)

Where Are The Wedding Websites? / I Lost Contact With Her / When Your Mother Is Crying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.