Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,695 members, 7,862,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:31 AM

Netizens Counter SGF Akume’s Claim Tinubu Reduced Inflation, Attracted Foreign I - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Netizens Counter SGF Akume’s Claim Tinubu Reduced Inflation, Attracted Foreign I (167 Views)

SGF Akume: Federal Government To Provide ₦‎200 Billion For Cultivation Of Land / Minimum Wage: I Can't Afford To Pay N100000 To Each Of My 4 Drivers - SGF Akume / Benue Gov, Alia Addresses Supporters Amid Rumoured Rift With SGF, Akume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Netizens Counter SGF Akume’s Claim Tinubu Reduced Inflation, Attracted Foreign I by treesun: 11:26am On May 23
The SGF added “The government has implemented significant economic reforms aimed at stabilising our economy and fostering sustainable growth. Key among these is the introduction of policies that have attracted foreign investments, reduced inflation, and boosted job creation across various sectors.”

Lamenting skyrocketing inflation, hunger and insecurity under Mr Tinubu’s watch in the past one year, the netizens countered Mr Akume’s claim, trending #Tinubuoneyearfailures on X.

Reacting to Mr Akume’s statement, an X user, Stephen Osemwegie said, “#TinubuOneYearOfFailures: Astronomic increase in inflation over 100% increase in food prices. Insecurity astronomical increase; middle belt jihadist mass killings in Middle Belt Nigeria, Military personnel killings; Niger State over 30 soldiers killed, Delta State, etc. Abuja kidnapping astronomical increase.”

Another X user, @EOlutimehin, said “Indeed, he reduced inflation from 22.41% that he met it to 33.69% it now is, while @OrokAbasifreke said

“all government appointees are just doing eye service to make Tinubu happy. Reduced inflation and Nigerians can barely feed themselves.”

Another X user, @Girllie84 said, “The promise of a better life under President Tinubu has not only been unmet but has spiralled into a period of significant hardship.

In just one year, the economic conditions have worsened significantly. The purchasing power of the average Nigerian has plummeted. Basic needs, such as food, have become unaffordable for many; a bag of rice now costs more than the monthly minimum wage. #TinubuOneYearOfFailures!!!”

@Golden_Ikokwu said “We are still waiting for Tinubu to replicate “Lagos,” develop the whole of Nigeria as he did “Lagos” as his handlers claimed during the last election! Instead, Nigerians are presently groaning with hunger, unemployment, high cost of food and insecurity. #TinubuOneYearOfFailures”

@Iamigwekelvin tweeted “Things working under Tinubu poverty, hunger, corruption and high level of propaganda. #TinubuOneYearOfFailures,” while @jidennaofficial said, “price of items I bought in the last one week under this #TinubuOneYearOfFailures compared to January last year under Buhari. These people are pulling me back to the trenches by fire by force. God abeg oo!”

Different market surveys by Peoples Gazette showed that prices of food items have increased nationwide by over 100 per cent since Mr Tinubu assumed office on May 29, 2024, announcing immediate fuel subsidy removal and floating the naira.

Economic experts and the International Monetary Fund have lauded Mr Tinubu’s removal of subsidy and floating of the naira as bold moves. However the dual policies have seen fuel prices shoot up from N145 to N710, while the naira continues to dip, trading at N1500 to a dollar in recent times.

With food prices shooting through the roof under Mr Tinubu’s watch, Nigerians at different times protested in Niger, Osun, Oyo and Lagos states, Mr Tinubu homestate, lamenting hardship in the country.

In March, a government owned warehouse in Abuja was raided and food items looted by residents, while in Suleja, Niger State, Zaria in Kaduna State, trucks carrying food stuffs were attacked and looted as widespread hunger ravages the country.

On insecurity, Amnesty International reported 1,336 people were killed in Plateau State alone under Tinubu’s watch in three months.

https://gazettengr.com/netizens-counter-sgf-akumes-claim-tinubu-reduced-inflation-attracted-foreign-investments/
Re: Netizens Counter SGF Akume’s Claim Tinubu Reduced Inflation, Attracted Foreign I by TinubuThief: 11:32am On May 23
grin
Congratulations of Thieves and Criminals
Re: Netizens Counter SGF Akume’s Claim Tinubu Reduced Inflation, Attracted Foreign I by Racoon(m): 11:58am On May 23
Even Tinubu will be highly disappointed in the SGF approval rating of his woeful failures of his administration disguised as achievements because he is not focused on governance but only to live up to his emi lo kan name while looting Nigeria to its carcass with his clueless neck constricting taxation policies
Re: Netizens Counter SGF Akume’s Claim Tinubu Reduced Inflation, Attracted Foreign I by Racoon(m): 12:02pm On May 23
"The Tinubu administration has rolled out a slew of policies that have aggravated the economic hardship on Nigerians, notably the removal of subsidy on petrol and the “float” of the naira.....Tinubu attracted foreign investments, reduced inflation in first year.
What an insult on the sensibility of the suffering downtrodden citizens of this nation.
Re: Netizens Counter SGF Akume’s Claim Tinubu Reduced Inflation, Attracted Foreign I by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:18pm On May 23
It will only get worse. They're not even thinking about the masses, no solid and consistent plan to take the masses out of poverty. they're thinking about the next election.

Re: Netizens Counter SGF Akume’s Claim Tinubu Reduced Inflation, Attracted Foreign I by slivertongue: 1:23pm On May 23
APC'S from 2015 is a horrific tragedy

(1) (Reply)

Open Corruption In The Nigeria Police / Pastor Reuben Wilson Congratulates President Bola Tinubu One Year In Office / WATCH: President Ruto - Friends Of Kenya Paid For My Private Jet To The U.S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.