Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,000 members, 7,866,783 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:12 AM

'Nigeria, We Hail Thee': Bill seeking return of old anthem gets Reps, Senate nod - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Nigeria, We Hail Thee': Bill seeking return of old anthem gets Reps, Senate nod (19588 Views)

Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday / Reno Omokri: Adoption Of Old Anthem A Giant Step Backwards, I Am Sad / Seyi Tinubu Meets E-Money, Yul Edochie, Odumeje, Sings Nigerian Old Anthem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Nigeria, We Hail Thee': Bill seeking return of old anthem gets Reps, Senate nod by Chizy12345: 5:16pm On May 23
many of these men are taking hard drug
Re: 'Nigeria, We Hail Thee': Bill seeking return of old anthem gets Reps, Senate nod by emkz: 5:17pm On May 23
Kukutente23:

One of the problem I have with your kind is this obssession with system of governance and not the operators. You really think the regional and parliamentary system was a huge success in the 60s? Fa fa foul!! Big lie!!

The moment the Europeans left, the selfish prebendal nature of the average Nigerian politician came to the fore. The first election held was a farce. The first census held was an aberration.

By 1965, there was already talk of secession all over and the Prime Minister and the President were locked in a supremacy battle of who controls the military.

So if you think a revert to some utopian regionalism will solve our problems, then you are as ignorant of Nigerian history as you are conflicted in your political leanings.

Be it presidential federated or parliamentary regional system, as long as the operators pander to selfish and narrow interests, the result will be the same. It doesn't matter whether the centre is weak or strong. What we need are decisive and patriotic leaders who will think of the country more than they think of themselves.

The present warped system can even work fine if we have such people at the helm of affairs. Any other thing is simply a waste of time!

I find that your motivation in my mentions here is to get a response from me probably to give yourself mental satisfaction.

You do not add value to conversations and that is why I rarely waste time on you. Your submissions do not intellectually stimulate as you are filled with hate and rage.

I am no psychiatrist to look into your case.

I'd oblige you only this last time and I shall never respond to you as you have not proved to be a worthy antagonist.

Learn to be respectful in future and maybe, just maybe, you'd find someone who can take you seriously.

Goodbye.
Re: 'Nigeria, We Hail Thee': Bill seeking return of old anthem gets Reps, Senate nod by Brushstrokes20: 5:23pm On May 23
Of all the burning issues ravaging the shyyythole
Pathetic congregation of clueless crooks! 📢📢💯💯
Re: 'Nigeria, We Hail Thee': Bill seeking return of old anthem gets Reps, Senate nod by oglalasioux(m): 5:24pm On May 23
Wow! Exactly what we need to reduce the price of rice is the national anthem.

The black man has no mental capacity to handle public resources.
Re: 'Nigeria, We Hail Thee': Bill seeking return of old anthem gets Reps, Senate nod by Kukutente23: 5:28pm On May 23
emkz:

I find that your motivation in my mentions here is to get a response from me probably to give yourself mental satisfaction.

You do not add value to conversations and that is why I rarely waste time on you. Your submissions do not intellectually stimulate as you are filled with hate and rage.

I am no psychiatrist to look into your case.

I'd oblige you only this last time and I shall never respond to you as you have not proved to be a worthy antagonist.

Learn to be respectful in future and maybe, just maybe, you'd find someone who can take you seriously.

Goodbye.

Respectful to who? A paid political hack? Plssss

You have called me troll so many times. Has that stopped me from quoting you? It seems you've lost your favourite colours and stamp.

I quote you because I feel like so you don't go away thinking you have made any sense. You vote corrupt leaders for narrow, selfish interests then turn round to blame the system or conjure up some other frivolous excuses why they are not giving you the utopia of your dreams.

Unfortunately, nairaland does not have the block button. As long as I see your comment, if it riles up a response in me, I will give it. It is not a request for a reply from you. You can simply read and move on.
Re: 'Nigeria, We Hail Thee': Bill seeking return of old anthem gets Reps, Senate nod by Olatayo0103: 5:49pm On May 23
If I’m from Ekiti state, I would love to sponsor the recalled of senator Opeyemi Bamidele.
His presence in that Chamber is meaningless and unproductive. 🥺🥺
Re: 'Nigeria, We Hail Thee': Bill seeking return of old anthem gets Reps, Senate nod by Jasonekah98: 5:50pm On May 23
Very good !!

Because I no fit "Arise o compatriot" again, food no dey to arise
Re: 'Nigeria, We Hail Thee': Bill seeking return of old anthem gets Reps, Senate nod by CrossRhodes: 5:54pm On May 23
MartinCorridon:
grin

Nnamdi Kanu is free to sing Biafra Anthem while eating his Kuje beans.

Fear Government. They made him brand ambassador
for Fendi. He don wear that Fendi jacket tire.
Tinubu hunger don rest your brain, na kanu you dey see for dream now...
Ebinpawaa zombie
Re: 'Nigeria, We Hail Thee': Bill seeking return of old anthem gets Reps, Senate nod by EdiskyHarry: 6:00pm On May 23
You see the animals we have in Nigeria as leaders?
Re: 'Nigeria, We Hail Thee': Bill seeking return of old anthem gets Reps, Senate nod by Raylight2(m): 6:30pm On May 23
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzbzLPlgHb4

SOURCE
these plenty white people, they held Nigeria as their own land. Nigeria will be great again
Re: 'Nigeria, We Hail Thee': Bill seeking return of old anthem gets Reps, Senate nod by Bimpe29: 6:39pm On May 23
Of all the pressing national issues confronting us as a nation, changing of the national anthem is what is receiving an urgent and passionate attention of the 10th National Assembly.

What a misplaced priority!
Re: 'Nigeria, We Hail Thee': Bill seeking return of old anthem gets Reps, Senate nod by Hatima: 7:32pm On May 23
As if our problems aren't enough..they want me to learn a new anthem...lmao..many people can barely recite the first one..bloody hell they must be bored.
Re: 'Nigeria, We Hail Thee': Bill seeking return of old anthem gets Reps, Senate nod by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:42pm On May 23
Babangidapikin:
This one go hard o ... I never master Arise o Compatriots

And

O God of Creation

This Nigeria we hail thee go hard o
Because I no dey hail Nigeria at all
Although though tribe and tongue may differ in brotherhood we stand make sense Sha.
That old anthem sweet die! That is a very good move by the senate.

1 Like

Re: 'Nigeria, We Hail Thee': Bill seeking return of old anthem gets Reps, Senate nod by Neddyogu(m): 8:44pm On May 23
Truly, these people no get work.
Re: 'Nigeria, We Hail Thee': Bill seeking return of old anthem gets Reps, Senate nod by Judd007: 9:31pm On May 23
This con3 too dey confuse person
Re: 'Nigeria, We Hail Thee': Bill seeking return of old anthem gets Reps, Senate nod by jomarick(m): 9:49pm On May 23
Nigeria! A country that is never settled, from the changing of currency to the devaluation of currency and now changing national anthem. Misplace priority.

1 Like

Re: 'Nigeria, We Hail Thee': Bill seeking return of old anthem gets Reps, Senate nod by BALLOSKI: 5:52am On May 24
emkz:
Nigerian Senate, if you have run out of things to debate, consider the following:

1. Amend the laws so that all employers in Nigeria can increase hazard allowances to all employees. They can also increase employers' contributions to NHIS. Also to include in the laws are increased transport and housing allowances to employees.

2. Amend the laws so that EFCC and police must put a reward on those they declare wanted. That way, people will find additional means of income. The money EFCC recovers from criminals would not be depleted if a small percentage is given to those who volunteer information.

3. Amend the laws so that state police must not be passed. The governors will abuse it. They can use local vigilante to police their states and fund them. These state governors destroyed local governments. They must not be allowed to completely destroy the police

4. Amend the laws to ensure that all political party primaries are direct primaries to prevent governors from installing their stooges and puppets on the people.

5. Look into the laws to prevent CBN from selling dollars through BDCs to Nigerians. Any Nigerian who needs fx must go to a bank. For all cases, fx needs can be done electronically. These include payment of school fees, BTA/PTA and even letters of credit. Putting fx directly in the hands of Nigerians WITHIN Nigeria without establishing what they are using it for does not make any economic sense.

6. Also make laws to reduce the costs of importing cars to Nigeria, especially customs clearances. It is too much. We deserve to drive good fairly used American cars in Nigeria.

7. Most importantly, pass laws to disband the senate since you people don't know what you are doing.
I don't know why we're even having this debate on state police knowing full well what the governors will do with that when created.

When we have problems, we create another out of it. Imagine these governors who struggle to pay salary, training men to carry guns and not being able to pay them, we'd have more criminals and political thugs. In fact, their opponents are in trouble.

They held the state judiciary, legislature, and electoral bodies in their pockets, imagine what they'd do with state police.
Re: 'Nigeria, We Hail Thee': Bill seeking return of old anthem gets Reps, Senate nod by nairalanda1(m): 1:16pm On May 26
Kukutente23:

Again, to correct some discrepancies. China is not a contraption. China is majorly mono-tribal 91% Han tribe. China also has relatively cheap fuel and electricity compared to Nigeria. The average income to fuel cost is far better than that of Nigeria and same for electricity. China is developed and urbanised because they have responsible leaders who think about what is best for the country and not because they have expensive fuel and electricity. Being a resource dependent nation does not lead to death of local manufacturing. Both are mutually exclusive.
What leads to industrial development is cheap access to factor of production and cost of doing business of which energy cost is a basic mix. You cannot have development when your SMEs are struggling to survive. China's economy is more retail based and that cannot be possible when your factors of production are way out of reach of the average businessman. Also China has the highest PPP in the world. You cannot have a strong economy with low PPP.

China is a contraption of many languages. Argue with your computer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogun State Governor’s House On Fire / Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets / Setback For Atiku As Yar Adua’s Group Declares Support For Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.