Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

What Does Democracy Means To Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does Democracy Means To Nigerians (520 Views)

Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes / Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation / Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Democracy Means To Nigerians by kunlekunle: 8:47am On Nov 24, 2011
may be i dont get the full meaning of democracy.
can people help me expantiate on its definition and explanation.

govt of the people, by the people and for the people.
Re: What Does Democracy Means To Nigerians by kunlekunle: 1:50pm On Nov 24, 2011
what i found

Democracy is the rule of the people, by the people and for the people
Rule by the people
The idea of democracy was to give people the right to choose their own government Where people lack democratic knowledge and are politically immature the result is evident
Rule of the people
The people decide on their government and political issues The people can enforce referenda on issue they have different opinion on.
For the the people
benefits enjoyed by citizens for having and living in a democratic society
equality, freedom, justice, transpotation, electricity etc

contributions are still required to establish what our problems are
Re: What Does Democracy Means To Nigerians by Oluwadare: 9:09pm On Nov 24, 2011
Simply meant ominira to me
Re: What Does Democracy Means To Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 9:58pm On Nov 24, 2011
It means Zilch to the majority --- the zombies.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu: Tribunal Vows To Hear Petition On Merit / Kidnapping Of Petrol Marketers’ Chief: Osun Petrol Stations Shut Down / Christmas: Traffic Builds Up On Niger Bridge:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.