Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,863 members, 7,862,852 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:52 AM

Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 (40739 Views)

Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him / Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by AbuAeesha: 10:32pm On May 24
MEEVEET:

I don't know where you are from but when it comes to schools... South East has enough
There is no village in my state IMO without a school my village has two primary and one secondary

South East finished building schools in the 1970s

1970s πŸ€” hmm
Lamba!
Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by MyAmericandream(f): 10:46pm On May 24
MEEVEET:

I don't know where you are from but when it comes to schools... South East has enough
There is no village in my state IMO without a school my village has two primary and one secondary

You mean the school without no chairs and windows just like the one in my village. With teachers that don’t even know what they’re teaching.
Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by Qoko: 10:48pm On May 24
Dedeity:
Gbajue professor

As a Yoruba man I can call him worse name than Gbajue, he was among the top 3 who put us in this hardship, he protested that GEJ shouldn’t remove subsidy whereas his friend and brother PBAT removed same and put us in this mess, It’s a shame.

1 Like

Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by MEEVEET: 11:33pm On May 24
MyAmericandream:

You mean the school without no chairs and windows just like the one in my village. With teachers that don’t even know what they’re teaching.
So would u prefer that one renovated or new one built
Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by MEEVEET: 11:33pm On May 24
Judolisco:
it's like that in every region in Nigeria oga.... But you still need to build more schs
It's not in every region abeg
Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by MEEVEET: 11:34pm On May 24
simpleseyi:

Coming from a son born in a tribe where each family has a son serving jail terms in Europe or US for drugs trafficking
I'm Igbo not Yoruba ooh
Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by MyAmericandream(f): 12:57am On May 25
MEEVEET:

So would u prefer that one renovated or new one built

It all depends on the state of the school, if it’s a building that needs complete demolition and then rebuild no qualm.
Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by Johncarlo07: 1:09am On May 25
Ola9ja23:

Bitter Obituarists πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜

We will keep humiliating any Igbo candidate in presidential election if you like hate our professors, pastors and leaders

We will wait for you during election in 2027πŸ˜πŸ˜€πŸ˜

Your Agulu fraudster shall be humiliated once again

U shld av said "we will continue to rig u pple out" because d impostor nva really won d election.
Suffering nd smiling slowpokeπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by Theunbothered: 1:23am On May 25
Ola9ja23:

We will keep humiliating any Igbo candidate in presidential election if you like hate our professors, pastors and leaders

Be honest, are you happy with Nigeria as it is? What is the use of these Professors pastors and leaders if they are unable to build a working society? All they know is talking talking and more talking.
Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by kevinexit(m): 1:54am On May 25
Useless cultist
Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by Anatolia: 2:21am On May 25
The Prof. is just relying on old glory, an overrated Professor without any meaningful impact on Nigeria except bringing about cultism in campuses in the country . If it were a sane country, he would have been canceled for his foolish statements. Old age and Academic expertise in English literature does not translate into real life wisdom that is what Oluwole has shown. The only thing the man is good at his to speak English that people cannot understand. Tribalistic loyalty has beclouded his sense of reasoning that he can no longer see the utter failure of Tinubu. Because his ego was hurt, he is always attacking people that support the New Nigeria.
Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by Anatolia: 2:27am On May 25
Theunbothered:

Be honest, are you happy with Nigeria as it is? What is the use of these Professors pastors and leaders if they are unable to build a working society? All they know is talking talking and more talking.

These guys that hate Obi, their major driving force is hatred. They are suffering but it will not stop them from laughing at others. Their focus is not about economic growth but to stroke their infantile ego that their kin man who is totally incompetent is in power.
Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by Ezendigbo1978: 2:28am On May 25
MEEVEET:
After all that just to sale your soul to a drug baron

And your fada that sold his life to a fraudster that built only a barren brewery for 8years as governor, is he better than Prof?

1 Like

Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by Laple0541(m): 2:46am On May 25
MEEVEET:

It has enough school because half of her population are in Lagos and other states of the federation.

At the second highlighted, just imagine how shallow minded you Obi supporters could be, South East finished building schools in 1970, that is 54years ago? So the population in your S/east 54years ago is thesame as of today. Hence the justification for you people on Obi’s renovation alone without building no new school. If those that built the ones he was building failed to build, will he see any to renovate?

Technology and infrastructural development is evolving on a daily basis, thus we need proactive leaders with creative mindsets NOT a stagnant retrogressive type like you hyped mediocre.
Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by leo1234(m): 3:58am On May 25
Ola9ja23:

And you will continue to suffer from the consequences of your actions.
Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by 7arrows: 5:07am On May 25
Ola9ja23:

Ask yourself if Nigeria is about IBO or a better nation. Omo you need to change your mindset otherwise with people like you nigeria will remain where we are. Anyway I hope you reside in Nigeria so you can feel the heat of ur failed tribal government too.
Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by Judolisco(m): 6:21am On May 25
MEEVEET:

It's not in every region abeg
which region doesn't have schs in every town?
Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by MEEVEET: 6:24am On May 25
Judolisco:
which region doesn't have schs in every town?
Bros majority of schools in South East are community built schools, villages came together to build their schools
Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by MEEVEET: 6:25am On May 25
Laple0541:

It has enough school because half of her population are in Lagos and other states of the federation.

At the second highlighted, just imagine how shallow minded you Obi supporters could be, South East finished building schools in 1970, that is 54years ago? So the population in your S/east 54years ago is thesame as of today. Hence the justification for you people on Obi’s renovation alone without building no new school. If those that built the ones he was building failed to build, will he see any to renovate?

Technology and infrastructural development is evolving on a daily basis, thus we need proactive leaders with creative mindsets NOT a stagnant retrogressive type like you hyped mediocre.
Even if the population is 10x what it is today we have enough schools we just add more blocks... But setting up new schools? There is no need
Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by MEEVEET: 6:26am On May 25
Ezendigbo1978:

And your fada that sold his life to a fraudster that built only a barren brewery for 8years as governor, is he better than Prof?
You call brewery yhst produce hero, Budweiser, trophy beers barren? U we'll so?
Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by MEEVEET: 6:27am On May 25
MyAmericandream:

It all depends on the state of the school, if it’s a building that needs complete demolition and then rebuild no qualm.
According to reno that's not still building a new school na
Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by Judolisco(m): 7:12am On May 25
MEEVEET:

Bros majority of schools in South East are community built schools, villages came together to build their schools
same with other regions oga.... Majority of d schs are either community built or missionary... Even in d North....
Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by MEEVEET: 8:03am On May 25
Judolisco:
same with other regions oga.... Majority of d schs are either community built or missionary... Even in d North....
This can't happen in Igbo land

Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by Irony1: 8:33am On May 25
Ola9ja23:

You don't have sense.
Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by Scamburster(m): 9:03am On May 25
Ola9ja23:

Who are you in the scheme of things.
Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by Dedeity: 1:32pm On May 25
simpleseyi:

List the list achievements of your own biological father here. Let everybody compare and contrast
Get off my menyion you bastarddd
Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by Dedeity: 1:33pm On May 25
Jayhome24:

The pain you too much wallahi.

Name any professor from tribe dead or alive, born or union that have achieved Soyinka feat in teirr life or that will ever achieve Soyinka feat in life, just name one.

E pain am.
I don't enjoy illiterates quoting me, be informed
Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by Jayhome24: 2:20pm On May 25
Dedeity:
I don't enjoy illiterates quoting me, be informed

Answer myy questions or
f u c k off.

You are educated and you are calling a whole Prof and a world Prize winner Prof Gbajue Prof, stark illiterate better than you.

I wan ask you this useless obi slowpoke that you turned yourself a destiny slave is he not born by mama same way youe mama bon you?

You nor get father or uncle make everyone too dey followw him or nor be mama born your father and your uncles? Why you nor ask yourself na so your generation go come Nigeria come dey do "destiny lifter supporter club" but you own destiny dey backyard dey roast?

Wake up and change your prayer point.
Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by Hammylawali: 7:00pm On May 25
MEEVEET:

Do you even know what achievements looks like?

I rather renovate 700 schools like obi than build 50 new schools

You’re part of our problems in this country. You want to stick to old structures, rather than build a more modern and efficient structure with a lot of modern amenities (mostly technology). Dubai and the likes didn’t maintain old roads and buildings when they opted for tourism, they built lots of new and modern structures that are efficient and the result is showing. Renovating a school also mean to demolish old buildings and erect a new structure. Don’t get carried away by emotions, please try and understand the facts of the discussion. Thank you .
Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by MEEVEET: 7:07pm On May 25
Hammylawali:

You’re part of our problems in this country. You want to stick to old structures, rather than build a more modern and efficient structure with a lot of modern amenities (mostly technology). Dubai and the likes didn’t maintain old roads and buildings when they opted for tourism, they built lots of new and modern structures that are efficient and the result is showing. Renovating a school also mean to demolish old buildings and erect a new structure. Don’t get carried away by emotions, please try and understand the facts of the discussion. Thank you .
So you can't demolish old structure and build new ones ?

Reno meant obi didn't establish a new school and there was no need for that
Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by ajimo54(m): 9:13pm On May 25
Dedeity:
Gbajue professor

All because of Obi, right? You call the people of dignity names! You spew toxic and caustic sentences! All because Obi lost. Because Prof Soyinka did not support him! None of you ever liked Obi or screamed his name when he was governor of Anambra. Soyinka you have always revered including Asiwaju. Where the 'love miracle' for Obi came from is what I dont know. Records are there for all these men. Anyway, there is no way I will ever see Tinubu and pick Obi! Nigeria shall get better and Obi will not win 2027! If you like, slit your own throat, Tinubu is the Nigerian President!
Re: Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969 by opeldavid: 4:17am On May 26
Professor Gbajue grin[center][/center] cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pregnant Oyin VAkpan Goes Topless In New Photoshoot / Popular Works Of African Poets. / OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.