Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,251 members, 7,867,659 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:54 PM

Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions (5311 Views)

FG Appoints Jega, Olanipekun, Others As Chairmen, Members Of Governing Council / FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% / Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by emkz: 8:41pm On May 23
PRESIDENT TINUBU DIRECTS COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW OF GOVERNING BOARDS OF TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS
President Bola Tinubu has directed a total and comprehensive review of the recently announced governing boards of tertiary institutions in Nigeria before the inauguration and retreat being planned for the nominees.

The Federal Ministry of Education recently released names of nominees for chairmen, Pro-Chancellors, and members of the boards and councils of universities, Polytechnics, and colleges of education. It also announced that the inauguration and retreat for the nominees will take place on 31 May.

However, public reactions showed that the nominations did not reflect the federal character of the country as some states got just one nomination, while some others got many.

The President, in directing a complete review of the list of the members of the governing councils, acknowledges the feedback across the country.

President Tinubu is committed to ensuring strict compliance with the principle of federal character as entrenched in the constitution.

The review will also take into consideration national spread and ensure every part of the country is adequately represented.
Bayo Onanuga
Special Adviser to the President on Information and Strategy

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by emkz: 8:43pm On May 23
Credit must be given to TVC News Journalists' Hangout.

On Monday or Tuesday, Babajide Kolade-Otitoju blamed the President for not paying attention to the fact that 32 members of the reconstituted governing councils of universities came from Adamawa State alone, where the Minister of Education hails from. He further said other people submitted names that were disregarded.

Otitoju said federal character must be reflected so as not to give undue advantage to any state. Someone called into the programme to blame Gbajabiamila and NSA Ribadu, but the anchor cut him off.

If there is one thing about the Tinubu administration, it is that he listens and tries to be fair.

Babajide Kolade-Otitoju, if you ever read this, we are grateful that you used your programme to tell the president how it is. Continue that way.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by mrjoeblinks: 5:59am On May 24
Ehen?
Na just office to loot be dat. Dem no even really get work

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by VeryDarkMan01(m): 6:00am On May 24
But the same list must have d president's approval before being made public

So it means the president was never aware until It became public

I fix iPhone panels. Contact me via signature below

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by Yankee101: 6:01am On May 24
Who appointed them?

Very confused people

ASUU threatened and you released unvetted names

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by Carlylepneuma: 6:02am On May 24
Its the normal nepotism kind of selection process, so why should I be surprised?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by tunde1200(m): 6:04am On May 24
This is good for this administration.
Some set of ungrateful human will still complain.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by Hermaphrodite2: 6:05am On May 24
This minister wicked o

He wan turn government work to family affair

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by bluefilm: 6:14am On May 24
emkz:

On Monday or Tuesday, Babajide Kolade-Otitoju blamed the President for not paying attention to the fact that 32 members of the reconstituted governing councils of universities came from Adamawa State alone, where the Minister of Education hails from. He further said other people submitted names that were disregarded.

Otitoju said federal character must be reflected so as not to give undue advantage to any state. Someone called into the programme to blame Gbajabiamila and NSA Ribadu, but the anchor cut him off.

If there is one thing about the Tinubu administration, it is that he listens and tries to be fair.

Babajide Kolade-Otitoju, if you ever read this, we are grateful that you used your programme to tell the president how it is. Continue that way.

Babajide?

Damn
Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by LegendHero(m): 6:15am On May 24
emkz:

Tinubu can’t review every list and that is exactly why we have a monster of education and this post originated from his office.

I’m glad Tinubu listens and call for a review to the list but it’s just sad that the minister had to make those kind of rookie mistake in the constitution of the list.

But we can’t continue like this where the president must review everything. Ministers should have some form of independence of thought and they should be allowed to function based on how they deem fit to direct their ministry. If they eventually do a big blunder, the president can step in and sack them.

But this one where a minister do something, people complain, president step in, change it again, and etc will reward bad behavior as some Nigerians will never agree to everything a minister does whether good or bad.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by NapoleonHill: 6:18am On May 24
emkz:

Babajide, is that you?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by Writervick(m): 6:21am On May 24
Good morning

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by emkz: 6:24am On May 24
LegendHero:

Tinubu can’t review every list and that is exactly why we have a monster of education and this post originated from his office.

I’m glad Tinubu listens and call for a review to the list but it’s just sad that the minister had to make those kind of rookie mistake in the constitution of the list.

But we can’t continue like this where the president must review everything. Ministers should have some form of independence of thought and they should be allowed to function based on how they deem fit to direct their ministry. If they eventually do a big blunder, the president can step in and sack them.

But this one where a minister do something, people complain, president step in, change it again, and etc will reward bad behavior as some Nigerians will never agree to everything a minister does whether good or bad.

There is the Federal Character Commission that ought to review the lists. The FCC was revealed last year to be involved in selling jobs.

To me, some of these agencies need to be disbanded.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by Akpakomiza2: 6:25am On May 24
emkz:

True,even notable APC members like Dr obono obla and Peter inyali also criticized the list.i gathered that the list was drawn by the minister,perm sec alongside top politicians without the presidency's input

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by toprealman: 6:28am On May 24
What is the purpose of this review after you just appointed new people into the various governing boards?
Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by rotadeco27: 6:28am On May 24
emkz:

I met recently someone very close to him in my clinic, he said with all sincerity Tinubu intentions to make this nation work. There are whole lots of things we do not know that is why we say most of the things we say. I sincerely regretted campaigning against him in the last election. Nigeria needs sincere leader like him at this point and not a palliator that will be packaging a failing nation to get cheap accolades. The country is undergoing what I termed economic debridements which comes with pains and bledding, but by the time the nation recovers , she will be 1st in Africa as Lagos is always 1st in progress. Some people built America, we must build own nation too.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by EmilyRimmella: 6:29am On May 24
What if You Could Land Your Dream Job?

Imagine walking into a room full of top employers in Nigeria (or abroad). Amidst the sea of hopeful candidates, your CV shines bright, attracting attention and piquing interest.

With our CV writing services, that dream can become a reality. We tailor your CV to ensure it not only looks the part but truly showcases your potential and achievements.

Don't just take our word for it. Here's what Nuel C. from Lagos had to say:

"Before using the Paulwelj CV services, I was sending out CVs with little success. After the revamp, I had 5 interview invites in just one week!"

Why wait? Seize the opportunity and elevate your CV game. Our Whatsapp contact is in the flyer below. Chat us NOW!

Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by YorubaForum: 6:36am On May 24
It's just a yoruba nomination, that has been his method since he took over, maybe Tinupoo thinks he is running his own drug cartel..

All his appointments is yorubas, the Iribaji illiterate knows nothing about federal character, such a shame.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by mairogo: 6:52am On May 24
LegendHero:

While it's true that the president can't review everything as it's impossible to do so, close attention, however, should be paid to very important matters and the constitution of the boards of federal tertiary institutions is one such important matter given how critical the boards are to the development of the institutions and to education in Nigeria in general.

While the president may not be expected to scrutinize the list himself, he could however give it to his trusted aides like SSA on education or any other to help him out, after all that's what they're paid for.

I'm not a fan of Tinubu understandably but the gale of policy reversals which has characterized the govt isn't good for the optics and its public perception and approval, not to add the psychological damage the removal of names may caused the nominees who have already celebrated nominations.

Again, respect for federal character isn't one thing the president must joke with given how fragile the unity of Nigeria is at the moment, every segment of the society must be seen to be carried along. Any attempt deliberate or otherwise to exclude any part of the country will further fuel the sense of alienation.

I give him kudos for listening to public outcry shaa which I believe would've been avoided had he done due diligence on the list

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by Judolisco(m): 6:55am On May 24
emkz:

There is the Federal Character Commission that ought to review the lists. The FCC was revealed last year to be involved in selling jobs.

To me, some of these agencies need to be disbanded.
even people wey dey work for FCC buy dem jobs

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by jimoholuyemi3(m): 6:55am On May 24
YorubaForum:
It's just a yoruba nomination, that has been his method since he took over, maybe Tinupoo thinks he is running his own drug cartel..

All his appointments is yorubas, the Iribaji illiterate knows nothing about federal character, such a shame.

Sometimes it's good to be making good use of your akonuche

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by commoditiesnig: 7:09am On May 24
Very good and thoughtful

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by correctyourself(m): 7:13am On May 24
Appointment opportunities for political associates grin

Searching for vacancies, ths i have seen.
Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by YorubaForum: 7:15am On May 24
jimoholuyemi3:

Sometimes it's good to be making good use of your akonuche
Yemi-Yoruba go and tell that to your ebin-pawa goons
Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by DrTee1(m): 7:20am On May 24
emkz:

I clicked 'like'. More grace.

rotadeco27:

I met recently someone very close to him in my clinic, he said with all sincerity Tinubu intentions to make this nation work. There are whole lots of things we do not know that is why we say most of the things we say. I sincerely regretted campaigning against him in the last election. Nigeria needs sincere leader like him at this point and not a palliator that will be packaging a failing nation to get cheap accolades. The country is undergoing what I termed economic debridements which comes with pains and bledding, but by the time the nation recovers , she will be 1st in Africa as Lagos is always 1st in progress. Some people built America, we must build own nation too.

You've said it all. Nigeria needs a strong leader like BAT at this time who can do the Economic Debridement. We need a Moses, even though we as Israelites would always complain, and may regularly upset Moses so much that he may act in error and fail to reach the Promised land.

Leadership is a tough job, and I entirely empathise with our Political Leaders, beginning with BAT to the rest of them. Agreed, many of them are THIEVES, but NOT ALL OF THEM ARE THIEVES.

It is a game of numbers in democracy - and the majority would always 'carry the day'. To fix this country, we must go through the debridement.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by forgiveness: 7:47am On May 24
Nice one. A great leader is one that acknowledges his mistake and ready to make amend.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by BabbanBura(m): 8:23am On May 24
rotadeco27:

Has he arrested decay, theft and corrupt practices in government?

Does he follow due process in his government's dealings?

Those he think through before acting?

I don't need to see the end before I know things are not heading in the right direction, what sustainable policies have you seen that will give hope for all you mentioned? Don't tell me about the floating of fx and subsidy removal which were putting the cart before the horse, and we are now back to thesame and even spending much more than ever.

This government is either a scam or clueless, perhaps the later is the case since you said BAT meant well for the country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by AcadaWriter: 9:16am On May 24
Little bold steps everyday make the Mighty Man ... Sorry, need help with your academic papers? Contact us.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by Agadinaagwuofe: 10:04am On May 24
rotadeco27:

I met recently someone very close to him in my clinic, he said with all sincerity Tinubu intentions to make this nation work. There are whole lots of things we do not know [/b]that is why we say most of the things we say. I sincerely regretted campaigning against him in the last election. Nigeria needs sincere leader like him at this point and not a palliator that will be packaging a failing nation to get cheap accolades. [b]The country is undergoing what I termed economic debridements which comes with pains and bledding, but by the time the nation recovers , she will be 1st in Africa as Lagos is always 1st in progress. Some people built America, we must build own nation too.

I really want to reply your post so that I straighten out the issues. The problem of a Nation is not about sincerity of purpose, there's no Nigerian president past and present that doesn't have the sincerity to make things work even Buhari in earnest wants to make Nigeria work but the problem is having the capacity, ability and intrinsic knowledge of things that can turn it around. Buhari failed because he doesn't have the capacity not really because he wanted bad thing for Nigeria

Again issues of governance is not about beautiful and adequate policies but it's about implementation. You can make the most human sustainable policies but once it is implemented badly it destroys the beauty. That's the issue with PBAT. When you make a policy that will affect 200 million people and 50 million die off before reaping the benefits frankly no matter the gains it's ineffective and counter productive. The announcement on 29th May was uncalled for and some other of his policies have shown he is way off the line to make the necessary changes.

I really hope he turn things around because it will be for the benefit of the masses but as it is now to be sincere he is not scoring average, he needs to do more.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Directs Comprehensive Review Of Governing Boards Of Tertiary Institutions by Justdare: 10:17am On May 24
rotadeco27:

God bless you. We can make Nigeria great in our generation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

UI Direct Entry Into Pharmacy With ND In Pharmaceutical Technology / 2018/2019 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread / SHOCKING: See What Primary School Teachers Earn Per Month In Luxembourg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.