Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,880 members, 7,813,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% (33855 Views)

FG Increases Unity Schools’ Fees From ₦45,000 To ₦100,000 / Work Only Twice A Week, Until FG Increases Salary By 200% - COEASU Directs Membe / Students Protest Against Closure Of Tertiary Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by nlfpmod: 1:39pm On Sep 22, 2023
ASUU BREAKING NEWS
Federal Government Approved the implementation of 35% And 23% of Salary increment for Staff of All Federal Tertiary Institutions. And also The FG will pay arrears from 1st January 2023.

Credit: @BiggyUpdates

OFFICE OF THE AUDITOR - GENERAL FOR THE FEDERATION AUDIT HOUSE, ABUJA

INTERNAL MEMO
Date: 21 September, 2023 From: D (HRM) To: Directors of Audit Heads of Department Heads of Units All Staff

SUBJECT: REVIEW OF CONSOLIDATED POLYTECHNICS AND COLLEGES OF EDUCATION ACADEMIC STAFF SALARY STRUCTURE (CONPCASS).
- REVIEW OF CONSOLIDATED TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS SALARY STRUCTURE (CONTISS). - REVIEW OF CONSOLIDATED TERTIARY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS SALARY STRUCTURE (CONTEDISS).
- REVIEW OF CONSOLIDATED UNIVERSITY ACADEMIC STAFF SALARY STRUCTURE (CONUASS),

I am directed to inform you that the Presidential Committee on Salaries at It's 13th meeting having taken into consideration the different stages of collective bargaining In various sectors and specifically engagements between the Federal Ministry of Education and Tertiary Institutions-based Unions and consequently the Federal Government's approval, Is hereby conveyed as revised for the following:-

I. Consolidated Polytechnics and Colleges of Education Salary Structure (CONPCASS) for Academic Staff of Federal Polytechnics and Colleges of Education with effect from January, 2023.

ii Consolidated Tertiary Institutions Salary Structure II (CONTISS II) for Mil. Academic Staff of Federal Universities, with effect from 1st January, 2023.

ill. Consolidated Tertiary Education Institutions Salary Structure (CONTEDISS) for non - Academic Staff of Federal Polytechnics and Colleges of Education, with effect from 1st January, 2023.

iv. Consolidated University Academic Salary Structure Il (CONUASS II) for Academic Staff of Federal University with effect from 1" January, 2023.

2. Kindly find attached copies of the Circulars and necessary tables)
AJANAKU F.0
AD (APD)
For: Director (Human Resource Management)

The Honourable Minister Federal Ministry of Education Federal Secretariat

RE: IMPLEMENTATION OF 35% AND 23.5% SALARY INCREMENT FOR STAFF OF TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS

I refer to your letter No. FME/IS/UNI/ASUU/C.11/111T2/90 dated 8th September 2023 in respect of the above-subject.

2. Find attached the circulars pertaining to the four salary structures in the Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education for your information (attached).

3. The 23.5% earlier reflected in our letter SWC/S/04/S.149/T/59 of 28. July 2022 and stated in paragraph 2 of your letter. has been increased to 25% which accounted for the increased cost implications.

4. This Commission is really pleased with the success your informal discussions have achieved. We shall endeavour to support all your efforts aimed at repositioning the Education Sector.

Please accept the assurances of my warm regards.
Ekpo U.0. Nta, Esq.
Chairman/CEO

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by Artiiclebeast: 1:39pm On Sep 22, 2023
Okay.

Let's hear what ASUU and the other unions will have to say about this.

17 Likes

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by TemplarLandry: 1:40pm On Sep 22, 2023
cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by Curious345: 1:42pm On Sep 22, 2023
this would sound as good news : but Nooo. But the naira is almost like tissue paper 📜.

That Increase will basically achieve nothing ..

I still believe Tinubu should relinquish 65% of his presidential powers to peter obi . Just like the Kenya example where Uhuru Kenyatta split power with Raul Odinga..

Tinubu and his cohorts are extremely confused . Peter obi is the magic Dust they need

58 Likes 9 Shares

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by Olachase(m): 1:42pm On Sep 22, 2023
there's something i later realized the more FG increases workers salary the harder the country becomes
food and other stuff will increase too

the only things governments can do is start parking those useless youths roaming about the street, empower them into farming
nobody want to farm but they want to eat chip food,

i tire for this country

pls how much will it cost me if decided to relocate to Togo cry cry

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by 9jvirgin(m): 1:42pm On Sep 22, 2023
Why would anyone want to conceal their certificate? Shouldn’t it be a thing of pride? Why begging the judge to hide your certificate from the people you rule over as president? Why can't Nigerians rise up against this fraudulent fraudnubu?

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by AllDModsAreMaad: 1:42pm On Sep 22, 2023
Let's wait for ASUU's response.
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by chatinent: 1:42pm On Sep 22, 2023
This is good news from the FG to the tertiary workers.

My heart goes out to all hustling private secondary school teachers still struggling to climb to ₦12k from the never increasing ₦10k. And they make it compulsory you write lesson notes even during vacation, not like they will even pay 13 months: they will insist on only paying for the months school was functional and leave you to your fate during holidays yet they will call you a full-time teacher. As if that is not enough as a female teacher, the director of the school will still want to press bwess and wipe.

As a female teacher, I'd have to work around the clock, take care of my students, and treat those who may vomit on my okrika gown like my own children but be rewarded with ₦10k after it must have been counted six times to crosscheck it doesn't exceed? Mounted with feasting eyes of predator perverts as heads, and also co-workers who yearn to dine, I am your undercover investment. So I'd buy my pad for ₦4k and use ₦6k for the month, plus my transports? And the only time you promise me a raise is when I bend for you, or spread my thighs "before your wife returns."

And as a male teacher, I'm left with no choice but to wear my tattered underpants to school, trying to hide their sorry state with a well-pressed about-to-wear-out senator. Then why should I blow the whistle on Aunty Njideka I caught red-handed eating from the pupil's lunchbox like a jackal who hasn't seen meat in a fortnight? Why should I spill the beans..when the school is giving me the whole "your reward is in heaven" spiel? Do I really have to die in order to reap the fruits of my labor while alive?

And after all these struggles, some students will see us finish because they've lost count on how our favourite brunch is two egg-rolls, black nylon to wrap it, and 7-up in a bottle that's so old. Let's not talk about our shoes that super glue can no longer hold together. And when you correct a student by flogging, maybe with a little frustration, they run to call their parents who roar with reckless abandon "no, no, no, don't tell me that; I want to see that teacher." And we will be at the backyard eavesdropping...sadly. How can we explain we flog out of love and not hate? Wouldn't we sound stupid and our words used against us? Cos even the school wants to save its face and not ours...we are left to our first judges; our conscience. And when we hear footsteps approaching, we try to run on tiptoe only for the nail on the wall to tear the remaining strong knot by the trouser. We must look like complete hediots when you see us that you define us by our appearance first and not by the knowledge we have.

Ije uwa.

Yet we all parents all forget all our children go through secondary school. We forget the secondary helpers and focus on the tertiary ones!

#DropsPen

#SecondarySchoolTeachersLivesMatter.

58 Likes 11 Shares

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by AMAUCHESKY(m): 1:42pm On Sep 22, 2023
So we should clap hand abi...
Imaging 1$ is 1k,
Can they train their children with such useless increase,

grin grin grin
What I'm even saying

Even if he didn't increase it, nobody will protest

7 Likes

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by id4sho(m): 1:42pm On Sep 22, 2023
tongue
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by Bananapill: 1:42pm On Sep 22, 2023
nlfpmod:

Credit: @BiggyUpdates

35% and 25% only? It's too small.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by joseph1832(m): 1:43pm On Sep 22, 2023
Good news.
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by nairalanda1(m): 1:43pm On Sep 22, 2023
Heading off the strike grin

Honestly, it doesn't change much. Inflation would soon eat the increase.

Allowing universites to set the price of their school fees....OR increasing government revenue 20 fold....is the only way for better unis.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by Ofunaofu: 1:43pm On Sep 22, 2023
Ok
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by EdiskyHarry: 1:44pm On Sep 22, 2023
Nice.
But all we need now is something that will benefit everybody in Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by wittywriter: 1:44pm On Sep 22, 2023
Whilst politicians get 100% jumbo weekend prayers...ok o
henchc:
This is good, i just hope the government have the money to fund this increment??

Wittyness

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by henchc(m): 1:44pm On Sep 22, 2023
This is good, i just hope the government have the money to fund this increment??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by tesppidd: 1:44pm On Sep 22, 2023
Nigeria don cast..

Prices have almost doubled in the past 3 months.

4 Likes

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by Correspondence(m): 1:44pm On Sep 22, 2023
Noted
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by AllBlack: 1:44pm On Sep 22, 2023
now that SOME of the conditions have been addressed and signed, will NLC still go on strike?
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by kenex4ever(m): 1:44pm On Sep 22, 2023
Good. But they still cant book a round trip flight with their salary.

2 Likes

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by Freeko4: 1:44pm On Sep 22, 2023
Nice
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by SadiqBabaSani: 1:44pm On Sep 22, 2023
Anything less thsn 50% is fraudulent

6 Likes

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by BigBlackPreek(m): 1:44pm On Sep 22, 2023
Ashiwaju Jagaban

On your mandate I stand

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by ThiefnubuBandit: 1:45pm On Sep 22, 2023
Workers in the private sector have suffered. Especially people who work in a one man business.

6 Likes

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by AllBlack: 1:45pm On Sep 22, 2023
henchc:

Money must come out somehow. Na Government. Even if it means borrowing every kobo in IMF. Afterall, even America dey owe 50 years worth of debt, not to talk of a backward 3rd world country

mayor1814:
Well deserved but e be like traders will increase the prices of their goods wen they hear this news oo.

calm down. Prices will go up whether government updates salaries or not so, is it not better you see your increment first before worrying about what traders will do? Get your alert first.

2 Likes

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by Tripleaj(m): 1:45pm On Sep 22, 2023
Nice one
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by mayor1814: 1:46pm On Sep 22, 2023
Well deserved but e be like traders will increase the prices of their goods wen they hear this news oo.
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by emmanuelbrown26: 1:47pm On Sep 22, 2023
Dis is just nonsense, dis is just only for federal higher institutions, what about other civil servants?
State Civil servants nko?
Private sectors nko?
What about those teachers in private schools?
Stablize d economy first, let all sectors hv sense of belonging and feel d positive impact.
Open d godamn borders and dis idiot Tinubu refused
All we hear is audio billion dollar investment all time.

5 Likes

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by bigdammyj: 1:47pm On Sep 22, 2023
Noted.
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by Freedom4us: 1:47pm On Sep 22, 2023
ffff

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Quick Shots: Crazy Nigerian Secondary School Names. / FUNAAB Student Caught Placing Bet During A Lecture (Photo) / Lagos Teacher, Taiwo Ojo, Arrested For Defiling A Senior Secondary Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.