Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,829 members, 7,862,730 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:53 AM

Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport (35487 Views)

LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis / Twist In Regional Competition As New Airport Opens In Anambra / Presidential Team Visits Injured NAF Pilot After Plane Crash In Abuja. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by vengertime: 7:53pm On May 24
RickyJesus:

There is a poor interstate flight activities in Nigeria, most airport only go to lagos or maybe Abuja.

"I want to thank you for also joining us to be in a hurry to deliver this project. Once we had agreed, we started looking for a suitable land because that is the most important in an airport. There were a few places that were mapped out earlier, but when we went on physical inspection, we found out that some of those places do not have enough space or are not properly located for the airport.

They should just say they want to build the airport in the bush again, except maybe the one lagos.

They should either start building them close to a city or they make a rapid development within the airport surroundings.

no country build airports close to a city, not even Lagos when they built murtala Muhammad airport. Cities grew into the airport area, because real estate companies will start developing the area rapidly.

1 Like

Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by Inosky: 8:01pm On May 24
It's important that all southeastern states have an airport. We are business people. Anyone can use the one he or she likes to fly with for business and relaxation
Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by Didijiji: 8:03pm On May 24
Tjra:

No 1 achievement is ensuring peace and stability in Nigeria especially South East.

This time last year, Simon Ekpa and his boys were always flogging elders from that side mercilessly.
what in specifics did he do to stop that?
Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by Maobichek: 8:08pm On May 24
Appletek:
When Ebonyi built theirs, Abians were talking with kerosene in their mouths, calling it a white elephant project because Enugu has an airport and it isn't far to Ebonyi.

Now that Abia wants to build an airport and Imo has an airport, let them come and tell us if Abia is far to Imo or if Abia airport is not a white elephant project.

Good evening, from your comment, it's obvious that you are angry hence your outburst. Abia airport is not "white elephant project." The airport will serve its purpose ok.

Many business men in Aba are into importation, there is no week that containers are not coming to Aba from our various seaports. Clothing materials, stockfish, tiles etc are few of what comes to Aba every week.

Imo Airport is doing extensively well because it serves both Abia and Imo but the coming of Abia airport will definitely affect traffic at Sam Mbakwe airport. My parents visited me last year and Papa also came for surgery via Imo airport.

Do i have to go through Imo when I'm going home? Abia airport will save me the stress but for now, i will continue with Imo airport and pay airport cab (extra expenses) when i travel, thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by obailala(m): 8:13pm On May 24
Saint99:
Aba is a large commercial city in the southeast, so having an airport in Abia is not a bad idea
Aba is about a 40 mins drive from the Sam Mbakwe (Imo) airport under good road conditions. If we're to be honest with ourselves, putting political, ethnic and other irrational considerations aside, I don't believe an airport is a most pressing economic or developmental priority for Abia state.

1 Like

Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by Joy2dworldxyz: 8:13pm On May 24
Must all states have airport?
Abians have airports very close to them

There's Akwa Ibom,
Rivers and Imo...

This is like an hour or two at most driving distances
Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by showwiggy: 8:14pm On May 24
AAAA67:
Thought they condemned the idea of having an airport as planned by the Ikpeazu regime, saying, it wasn't a priority project.

E get wetin Nigeria no dey condemn?the same way they are condemning the coastal road,a serious government should go ahead to do what they want to do,once fec or Sec approves something,forget those political commentators on Arise and Channels,they are created to talk.they will do worse.
Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by lonelydora: 8:18pm On May 24
yarimo:
Everything starts and end on media undecided undecided otti is only interested in snapping pictures undecided

You are an akuya o
Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by yarimo(m): 8:21pm On May 24
lonelydora:

You are an akuya o
Rago kawai
Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by dvkot(m): 8:21pm On May 24
AAAA67:
Thought they condemned the idea of having an airport as planned by the Ikpeazu regime, saying, it wasn't a priority project.
because ikepazu is a thief
Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by Judolisco(m): 8:22pm On May 24
AAAA67:
why build an airport wen all d roads in d state have not been fixed according to obi

1 Like

Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by Melonsmasher: 8:27pm On May 24
Appletek:
When Ebonyi built theirs, Abians were talking with kerosene in their mouths, calling it a white elephant project because Enugu has an airport and it isn't far to Ebonyi.

Now that Abia wants to build an airport and Imo has an airport, let them come and tell us if Abia is far to Imo or if Abia airport is not a white elephant project.
Una wahalla no get end, na so the airport take pain you reach..

Smh well before you quote me, mind I'm not from Abia, and not even from Ebonyi state
Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by Amah70: 8:31pm On May 24
What happens to Sam Mbakwe Airport in Imo next door to Aba and Umuahia? Let the transparent government led by Otti use the proposed Abia Airport money to modernise more cities and rural areas of Abia state, the way the government is doing to Aba and Umuahia.

Ndi Abia can't be like Imo where only one place - Owerri - is allowed to see modern development infrastructures.
Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by Yelight(m): 8:34pm On May 24
AAAA67:

They did not condemn the project but Ikpeazu was accused of withdrawing the #10b that was approved for the airport project
Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by DMerciful(m): 8:37pm On May 24
Where is the Ikpeazu airport?
AAAA67:
Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by Danzakidakura(m): 8:45pm On May 24
Appletek:

Yoruba Muslims are the problem of United Nigeria.
Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by Abagworo(m): 8:46pm On May 24
Very soon every local government will have an Airport even when 90% of existing ones aren't viable. That is how Dave Umahi built 17 flyovers and unusable Airport in Ebonyi.
Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by frankson1(m): 9:36pm On May 24
AAAA67:

You dey follow all those confused and brainless haters undecided
Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by Kpartners: 9:39pm On May 24
Owerri is very close to Aba, just about 60km and Owerri airport is even about 50km to Aba
That project is not a priority

Do something better for us oga
Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by Dimmatic(f): 9:46pm On May 24
proeast:

Well, it needs to be very close to Aba. If it’s not closer to Aba than Imo airport that is in Owerrinta, then it’s not worth it.
Imo Airport is in umeze obiangwuru ngor okpala, they share boundary with enyiogwugwu mbaise, that'd why u can access the airport through mbaise or aba road
Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by gabbasin(m): 9:50pm On May 24
comrChris:
Some of you just open mouth and talk without making proper findings.
Work is still ongoing at Ebonyi airport run way, that's why flight activities hasn't commenced there
be deceiving yourself, an airport that has been commissioned.
Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by frankson1(m): 9:53pm On May 24
Victimoftribali:

Ok, I have traveled by air, my brothers and cousins travel by air, my uncles travel by air and in fact, the hours spent on the road, or the decision as to whether to use the to Enugu, port harcourt or Imo airports stops them from traveling sometimes.

So yes, Abia needs an airport, and the Abia airport maybe more viable than the Enugu and Ebonyi airports.

Abia needs an Airport but it's useless to and waste of funds for Ebonyi state undecided
Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by Beautifulday: 10:54pm On May 24
AAAA67:
Nah Ikpeazu brought the idea, nah him still condemn the idea use the money run olosho
Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by GMIS: 11:25pm On May 24
Abia don't need to waste scarce funds on building airport as Sambakwe airport to Aba by road is under 1Hour about 50 km. Let Otti Focus on revamping Aba & Abia state from Consumption to Production and Excellence in delivery of Quality Health care, Education and Food security for Abia
Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by Gerrard59(m): 1:42am On May 25
phorget:

To be candid,every state should own an airport.

No. It is an economic misnomer for every state in a poor country to have an airport. Abia does not need an airport. Akwa Ibom, Enugu, Imo and Rivers are nearby states with airports. Abia needs railway lines connecting with those states.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by Back2Daura(m): 4:46am On May 25
SyrusdeHansome:
Another waste of money loading.What's the need of building an airport when 3 of ur neighbouring SE states already have airports? Money that should have been channeled into something worthwhile is what they`re abt wasting on something that won't have any economic importance. And the funny thing is that the same pple condemning the fg for planning to build the Lagos/Calabar coastal rd are the ones that will praise Otti for this waste. Reason why i don`t believe in any Nigerian politician. They`re only angels when they`re not in authority or power.

Abia needs an airport and to be honest it will be so busy like Anambra airport. If it can be sited around ASA area it will help those in Obigbo and Aba.
Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by Dannydavito: 5:17am On May 25
yarimo:
Everything starts and end on media undecided undecided otti is only interested in snapping pictures undecided
Unproductive homo sapien like you. Appreciate good things for to reign in your life.
Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by NwokoloOwa: 5:47am On May 25
AAAA67:

Exactly. I don't understand. These our leaders are something else. Even Otti don join them
Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by phorget(m): 6:08am On May 25
Gerrard59:

No. It is an economic misnomer for every state in a poor country to have an airport. Abia does not need an airport. Akwa Ibom, Enugu, Imo and Rivers are nearby states with airports. Abia needs railway lines connecting with those states.

So Nigeria is poor?
We are poor but yet people are still embezzling millions of naira and dollars anyhow, where are those money coming from?
We are not poor,weve only got bad managers.
Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by Artscollection: 6:38am On May 25
AAAA67:

Airport without motorable road is that not madness!!! When i learnt about the location of the said airport i knew ikpeazu n his co travellers are deranged.
Re: Fg Team Visits Abia To Inspect Site Of New Airport by Artscollection: 6:40am On May 25
Back2Daura:

Abia needs an airport and to be honest it will be so busy like Anambra airport. If it can be sited around ASA area it will help those in Obigbo and Aba.

Asa will be of for other abians, around isi ala ngwa axis will be perfect for both obigbo n abians alike

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cows Take Over Owerri Airport Runway, Plane Aborts Landing / Who Knows The Owner Of This Passport? (Photo) / Pictures And Video From The Ibadan Explosion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.