Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,836 members, 7,862,746 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:02 AM

Otunba Gbenga Daniel Denies Using The Compass Newspaper Against Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Otunba Gbenga Daniel Denies Using The Compass Newspaper Against Tinubu (151 Views)

Bashir Ahmad Denies Using Presidential Jet For His Wedding / Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku / Otunba Gbenga Daniel Resigns From PDP, Quits Partisan Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Otunba Gbenga Daniel Denies Using The Compass Newspaper Against Tinubu by bestofnollywood: 7:49am On May 24
Former Ogun State Governor Otunba Gbenga Daniel has addressed the motivations behind establishing The Compass newspaper, refuting claims that it was intended to oppose Senator Bola Tinubu. In a recent interview with a national newspaper, Daniel discussed these misconceptions and highlighted the extensive developmental work undertaken during his tenure, much of which he felt was underreported.

Reflecting on the media environment during his governance, Daniel stated, “I took over from a newspaper mogul, Chief Olusegun Osoba, and I was not expected to get good press. The sympathy was really not with me; it was with my predecessor. People thought I would crash within a few weeks.”

Facing persistent negative press, Daniel felt compelled to create a media outlet to accurately document and publicize his administration’s achievements. He emphasized that the establishment of The Compass was a strategic move to counteract biased media coverage rather than a tool for political vendetta. “We needed to have a platform to also record what we were doing. We did a lot of work that people still do not know,” he explained...

Read:

https://applesbite.com/otunba-gbenga-daniel-denies-using-the-compass-newspaper-against-tinubu-highlights-unreported-achievements/

Re: Otunba Gbenga Daniel Denies Using The Compass Newspaper Against Tinubu by helinues: 7:55am On May 24
Daniel's relevancy in the state is just only in Ogun East his constituency, not just only him, all the past governors.
Re: Otunba Gbenga Daniel Denies Using The Compass Newspaper Against Tinubu by Kwaramustgoodag: 8:11am On May 24
Ur headache

(1) (Reply)

Flutterwave: How BOLA (not Tinubu) Serves As Gateway For Hackers / [video] Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport On Total Lockdown As NLC Strikes / Governor Otti Visits Family Of Slain Soldier CPL Ikpeama, Consoles Mother, Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.