Stats: 3,167,348 members, 7,868,007 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 08:48 AM

Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) (23267 Views)

My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) / Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by Mindlog: 6:33pm On May 24
You passed my city.....Cambridge. cheesy cheesy cheesy

16 Likes

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by shaybebaby(f): 6:38pm On May 24
Squiggly lines.

I have offered to drive just to get it on record that I offered, knowing fully well he will say no.😁

If he had yes, my eyes would have immediately started paining me.🤧🤧

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by shaybebaby(f): 6:39pm On May 24
Mindlog:
You passed my city.....Cambridge. cheesy cheesy cheesy

I will wave when I pass again on Sunday.😀

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by shaybebaby(f): 6:52pm On May 24
English Cottages.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by 1Sharon(f): 6:59pm On May 24
Nice.The beauty of the UK is out there if you're into nature.

Lake District and the mountains of Scotland are on my bucket list.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by shaybebaby(f): 7:16pm On May 24
Penrith!

Next, Keswick!

Time to order dinner so it's delivered before we arrive.

21 Likes

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by doggedfighter(f): 7:25pm On May 24
This is beautiful to read.

Following.

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by Mindlog: 7:30pm On May 24
shaybebaby:

I will wave when I pass again on Sunday.😀
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by shaybebaby(f): 7:35pm On May 24
Home stretch now.

I'm tired and can't wait to go to bed.

But you can see those mountains I mentioned, truly a place of natural beauty.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by shaybebaby(f): 7:40pm On May 24
1Sharon:

Highly recommend both. I've done Edinburgh but yet to do the Highlands.

The South lakes are like something out of a storybook.

We head there tomorrow, so I'll be taking some more photos...this time, not from a moving vehicle.

21 Likes

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by 1Sharon(f): 7:42pm On May 24
shaybebaby:

Highly recommend both. I've done Edinburgh but yet to do the Highlands.

The South lakes are like something out of a storybook.

We head there tomorrow, so I'll be taking some more photos...this time, not from a moving vehicle.

Nice 👌🏾 We're turning into white women lol

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by shaybebaby(f): 8:31pm On May 24
1Sharon:

Nice 👌🏾 We're turning into white women lol
😆

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by shaybebaby(f): 8:38pm On May 24
Arrived At 7.50, now fed and watered.

The takeaway arrived 5 minutes before we did so it was straight to sitting down for dinner.

I had king prawn fried rice, and king prawn fui Yong.. which is pretty much an omelette. No pictures though except I take a pic of my fat tummy protecting it😋.

It's now 8.30 and its still light and sunny.

Cuppa of tea and off chill in bed.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by cococandy(f): 9:01pm On May 24
pocohantas:
Lovely pictures. Thanks to Coco for sharing. This section has been all about japa in the past few years. Nobody travels and updates us. All we wanna know now is the european country we can enter with 2m Naira.

Nice one Shay!

I love to see pictures of places I’ve never been to. I wish more people would share smiley

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by cococandy(f): 9:06pm On May 24
shaybebaby:
Home stretch now.

I'm tired and can't wait to go to bed.

But you can see those mountains I mentioned, truly a place of natural beauty.

I should really go tour Europe (not the busy parts) but the calm serene country areas like this. Looks So beautiful and quiet

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by shaybebaby(f): 9:07pm On May 24
pocohantas:
Lovely pictures. Thanks to Coco for sharing. This section has been all about japa in the past few years. Nobody travels and updates us. All we wanna know now is the european country we can enter with 2m Naira.

Nice one Shay!

Thank you sweets. Don't know why I am not getting my mentions.

Malta dey for 2m, Croatia too...I think. Flights and accommodation are super cheap from the UK, so I'm guessing on that basis.

Meanwhile, I wanted to reply about your friend's babies not eating but this wake tire me small.

When I've rested, I'll drop my 2 kobo.

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by cococandy(f): 9:07pm On May 24
shaybebaby:
Squiggly lines.

I have offered to drive just to get it on record that I offered, knowing fully well he will say no.😁

If he had yes, my eyes would have immediately started paining me.🤧🤧

Passenger princess
Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by shaybebaby(f): 9:10pm On May 24
cococandy:

I should really go tour Europe (not the busy parts) but the calm serene country areas like this. Looks So beautiful and quiet
I would encourage it.

The thing with Europe is just how much changes you experience within short distances

Unlike yankee that is huge. When you guys travel to different states, you are still in the same country.

Europe, you travel similar distance and you have probably crossed like 3 countries.

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by shaybebaby(f): 9:11pm On May 24
cococandy:

Passenger princess
Leave me ooo, my eyes hurt, ouch! Ouch!😂

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by cococandy(f): 9:16pm On May 24
shaybebaby:

I would encourage it.

The thing with Europe is just how much changes you experience within short distances

Unlike yankee that is huge. When you guys travel to different states, you are still in the same country.

Europe, you travel similar distance and you have probably crossed like 3 countries.

I really like to hear that.
Sometimes I love to see new places but the process of getting there dey tire person. Especially with young kids.

I planned a road trip for Memorial Day starting tomorrow. It might take up to 5 hours to get to the beautiful village and county side I want to see but guess what? We’ll still be in California. grin

My best friend drove 9 hours (no traffic) to come spend Christmas with me and we both live in California. The long roads really are tiring. Thankfully there’s much to be seen along the way otherwise it won’t be worth it at all.

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by shaybebaby(f): 9:40pm On May 24
cococandy:

I really like to hear that.
Sometimes I love to see new places but the process of getting there dey tire person. Especially with young kids.

I planned a road trip for Memorial Day starting tomorrow. It might take up to 5 hours to get to the beautiful village and county side I want to see but guess what? We’ll still be in California. grin

My best friend drove 9 hours (no traffic) to come spend Christmas with me and we both live in California. The long roads really are tiring. Thankfully there’s much to be seen along the way otherwise it won’t be worth it at all.
9 hours and you are still in the same state😲?

Without traffic, the same duration, I'm in Edinburgh, a whole other country.

I know it can be tricky travelling with kids. From whinging that they are bored, too cries of I'm hungry, I need to wee etc. Its enough to drive one bonkers.

But I'd still encourage it, the first few trips..wahala but they eventually get used to it and become good travellers.

First time I travelled with my son without his dad, we went to Disney land Paris. After one day, he said he wanted to go home.

But now, he is soo chill and actually looks forward to it.

Maybe wait until the little ones are a bit older to do Europe. Either that, hire a camper van, and drive across the continent.

I've never been to the States, but Route 66 is on my bucket list

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by cococandy(f): 10:01pm On May 24
I’m taking them this year or next. They’ll just have to get used to it. So much to see and time waits for no man.
Either the camper van (great idea thanks) or I’ll get a place and stay so we can have a vantage point to go from and return to each time.

Route 66 is on my list too.

I really think some American states need to be countries of their own with how far away they are and how different their cultures are from the rest
shaybebaby:

9 hours and you are still in the same state😲?

Without traffic, the same duration, I'm in Edinburgh, a whole other country.

I know it can be tricky travelling with kids. From whinging that they are bored, too cries of I'm hungry, I need to wee etc. Its enough to drive one bonkers.

But I'd still encourage it, the first few trips..wahala but they eventually get used to it and become good travellers.

First time I travelled with my son without his dad, we went to Disney land Paris. After one day, he said he wanted to go home.

But now, he is soo chill and actually looks forward to it.

Maybe wait until the little ones are a bit older to do Europe. Either that, hire a camper van, and drive across the continent.

I've never been to the States, but Route 66 is on my bucket list

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by descarado: 8:11am On May 25
Lovely pictures.

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by shaybebaby(f): 8:28am On May 25
cococandy:
I’m taking them this year or next. They’ll just have to get used to it. So much to see and time waits for no man.
Either the camper van (great idea thanks) or I’ll get a place and stay so we can have a vantage point to go from and return to each time.

Route 66 is on my list too.

I really think some American states need to be countries of their own with how far away they are and how different their cultures are from the rest

True, with one visa covering all the regions.

Have a safe drive today, and if you can share pictures, that will be brilliant.

It's always nice to see pics from those who've been, so if awa cheddar reach, we will know what to include in the itinerary.

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by shaybebaby(f): 8:36am On May 25
Some more pics from yesterday.

I particularly love how the sun cuts through the clouds..almost like a divine hand is sending its blessings.

We got stuck behind lots of campervans. Because the lake district is a tourist destination, if you are the outdoorsy type.

Apparently, the region attracts 27million tourists yearly. Its easy to see why.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by shaybebaby(f): 8:41am On May 25
Sultan of Keswick🙄🙄🙄

Call me Olori of Essex.🤓

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by descarado: 11:55am On May 25
1Sharon:

Tour isle of Wight.
It's a known tourist destination.
An island on its own.
Schools book summer camp there yearly for year 6 especially for a reason.
Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by descarado: 11:59am On May 25
shaybebaby:
Some more pics from yesterday.

I particularly love how the sun cuts through the clouds..almost like a divine hand is sending its blessings.

We got stuck behind lots of campervans. Because the lake district is a tourist destination, if you are the outdoorsy type.

Apparently, the region attracts 27million tourists yearly. Its easy to see why.
The rate with which this campervan is multiplying is something else.
Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by shaybebaby(f): 12:26pm On May 25
descarado:

The rate with which this campervan is multiplying is something else.

Haha, and a bit of a nuisance as well because they are limited to 60 miles per hour. So you'll just be chugging along behind them.

Tractor nko? Those ones are worse. Yesterday, we got stuck behind a tractor carrying another tractor. grin

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by shaybebaby(f): 1:36pm On May 25
On the road again, but only for an hour..enroute to the south Lakes.

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by cococandy(f): 2:21pm On May 25
shaybebaby:

True, with one visa covering all the regions.

Have a safe drive today, and if you can share pictures, that will be brilliant.

It's always nice to see pics from those who've been, so if awa cheddar reach, we will know what to include in the itinerary
😊 I will

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by cococandy(f): 2:23pm On May 25
shaybebaby:
Sultan of Keswick🙄🙄🙄

Call me Olori of Essex.🤓

Do they have farms in this area?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Burial Pictures : Adamu Gabriel Ochai: Airforce Officer Who Died In Kaduna Crash / Man dies in an accident, a day to his wife’s burial in Uyo / Update On Minna-Bida Road (Photos)