Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,957 members, 7,863,400 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:09 PM

Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) (23061 Views)

My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) / Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 9:54pm On May 25
shaybebaby:
Journey time: 7 hours..normally 6 but guess there'll be traffic today because of the bank holiday.

Distance: 350 miles.
So who was the driver and howmany of you driving in turns?
Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 9:55pm On May 25
jaksmillioniar:
are u a citizens like how much to travel der. If my wife born a baby in england will d baby be a citizens.
Ahah na wahhh
Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by Jasonekah98: 10:35pm On May 25
You mean you see all of this??...

It's heavenly to say the least. You sure are fortunate to see all of this. The only time I've seen the sunlight hit the mountains was when i went on field trip to Butatong village, Akamkpa in Cross River state. It was say 5pm ish, and the sunset hit the mountains at the right angle, Goddddddd!!!, i almost cried cos it was beautiful. I wish i was with you in that car.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by Benrosaria(m): 10:37pm On May 25
For real I feel everyone knows how to make Nigeria beautiful. We don't need to live abroad to put up a green life.

Even the person posting this trip is guilty. You don't need to share the beauty of another man's land, cause he knows what he did to achieve and still knows what he is still doing to keep his achievements consistent.

1 Like

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by EJIOGBENIMI(m): 11:42pm On May 25
Firefunmi2014:

Where in Whitehaven are you? I am also in Whitehaven.
I’m in Hensingham, few yards from west Cumberland hospital.
Where are you boss? We are not that much here so I fit know you self.😁😁😁

1 Like

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by Gerrard59(m): 12:47am On May 26
shaybebaby:
Mr Bentley oppressing me🤩

Bentley or a Harley?🤔

The car is beautiful. Money is good! cool

2 Likes

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by Wotowotoman: 2:42am On May 26
shaybebaby:
Hotel Room, garden view and the river running past the hotel.

But when a Naija man posts his holiday pictures, he has poverty of the mind abi? undecided

Come, how many oyibo boys you don ‘date’ since you enter there? Do you think ‘dating’ them makes you superior? undecided
Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by ramafama: 3:20am On May 26
Lovely pics
The Lake district is one of UK's spectacular areas. We did a trip to Ullswater and stayed in Glenridding years back. It was 300+ miles from London. Would love to go again but can't drive for that long. Might catch the train instead.

4 Likes

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by shaybebaby(f): 6:32am On May 26
erico2k2:

One driver, no turns. Took us 9 hours in the end due to traffic.

1 Like

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by PaZwoD: 6:34am On May 26
shaybebaby:
English Cottages.

Just say English Mud House
Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by shaybebaby(f): 6:35am On May 26
ramafama:
Lovely pics
The Lake district is one of UK's spectacular areas. We did a trip to Ullswater and stayed in Glenridding years back. It was 300+ miles from London. Would love to go again but can't drive for that long. Might catch the train instead.

😀

I guess you could do that, get a train to Penrith and hire a car.

Roger that, it is spectacular. Fantastic to visit but I couldn't live there. I love my corner shops too much.

1 Like

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by PaZwoD: 6:39am On May 26
porthouse7:
So oyinbo sef dey abandon tire for roadside, nowhere is special jare
u c am tooo
Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by Thegamingorca(m): 6:39am On May 26
topsam1:
Abi those scooters dey tow each other ni....

So you've never watched batman and robin? Or the Addams family?
Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by shaybebaby(f): 6:40am On May 26
Wotowotoman:

But when a Naija man posts his holiday pictures, he has poverty of the mind abi? undecided

Come, how many oyibo boys you don ‘date’ since you enter there? Do you think ‘dating’ them makes you superior? undecided

Context is everything.

Just in case, this is in the Travel section, not on someone's else post in the family section, completely unrelated, and then spamming the poor person's thread with " av you been to Cape Town"?

Create your own topic on the places you've been to.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by shaybebaby(f): 6:41am On May 26
Gerrard59:

The car is beautiful. Money is good! cool
Na odogwu of cars😀
Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by Thegamingorca(m): 6:44am On May 26
erico2k2:

You no go do England to Santorini, you this man
Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by shaybebaby(f): 6:49am On May 26
Jasonekah98:

It's heavenly to say the least. You sure are fortunate to see all of this. The only time I've seen the sunlight hit the mountains was when i went on field trip to Butatong village, Akamkpa in Cross River state. It was say 5pm ish, and the sunset hit the mountains at the right angle, Goddddddd!!!, i almost cried cos it was beautiful. I wish i was with you in that car.
Then you must go back to visit.

We don't take care of natural habitats enough in Nigeria which is a damn shame.

From rain forests to savannahs, we've got them. But we need to protect them, look after them so that everyone can enjoy the beauty.

@bolded, I wish you many moments of such beauty, on your travels.

3 Likes

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by shaybebaby(f): 6:52am On May 26
kunle75:

I do alot of road trips here,but am bucks when it comes to documenting it in details like this.

Kudos bro
It's easier when you are not the one driving. And with the distance, it was a good way to pass the time.🙂
Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by shaybebaby(f): 6:55am On May 26
Litmus:

Nigeria is greener or used to be but Nigerians just seem to like to chamber everywhere, debasing the land, erecting crud structures up and down, without permission... or with permission granted by bogus realtors. No green space is safe.

People may not realise that the second half of the world's lungs takes in Nigeria, Cameroon and Congo combined forests. Brazil rainforest is the other half. Nigeria has almost destroyed its own.
I certainly didn't know this.

We learn something new everyday. You are right, not every land is to be developed

We need our green spaces.

2 Likes

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by Skydivine: 7:23am On May 26
Jasonekah98:

Your are so right. This is the place I described previously but from a different standpoint.
Did you go to SBS?

1 Like

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by kunle75(m): 8:27am On May 26
shaybebaby:

It's easier when you are not the one driving. And with the distance, it was a good way to pass the time.🙂

You're right I drive alone most of the time, I do alot of weekends travel between Chicago, Michigan, Nebraska,,Minneapolis and the Dakotas

2 Likes

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by shaybebaby(f): 8:48am On May 26
kunle75:

You're right I drive alone most of the time, I do alot of weekends travel between Chicago, Michigan, Nebraska,,Minneapolis and the Dakotas
If you ever have company on future drives, please share the pics with us...particularly Nebraska for me😃
Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 2:33pm On May 26
shaybebaby:

One driver, no turns. Took us 9 hours in the end due to traffic.
You should not drive more than 4hrs on a stretch.thats what highways England recomend.U start seeing things after that lol
I Bet you was not the driver.

2 Likes

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by Jasonekah98: 4:12pm On May 26
[/quote] No i didn't.

The trip was a course in the University of Uyo.

Wildlife and conservation course
Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by jaksmillioniar: 4:29pm On May 26
descarado:

Direct your rubbish to the right quarter, not me.
What is my business with that
I Neva ask u tooso mind how u talk. Am angry with white not u I said if a white citizen born dere dey make him citizens but Neva allow same for blacks
Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by shaybebaby(f): 5:01pm On May 26
erico2k2:

You should not drive more than 4hrs on a stretch.thats what highways England recomend.U start seeing things after that lol
I Bet you was not the driver.

😄 you win that bet. My partner drove but seems he is made of sterner stuff than average.

This is the song time he's made that trip in the past 6 days as his office is up there.

So he drove up Monday afternoon, came back Wednesday night, drove to London on Thursday and back on Thursday, to watch the Darts premiership finals at the 02.

Friday, we left for the family get together ( our reason for the trip), and just got back home now.

And he's going back up next Friday ( without me) for another function.

I've said he should add delivery driver or uber as his side hustle since he drives so much😄, might as well get paid for it.

1 Like

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by kunle75(m): 7:20pm On May 26
shaybebaby:

If you ever have company on future drives, please share the pics with us...particularly Nebraska for me😃

No problem I will try, I wasn't feeling good this weekend I had an initial plan to travel to Winnipeg just 6hrs of northwest south Dakota state.
Hopefully if I have company taken pictures shouldn't be an issues.

1 Like

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by shaybebaby(f): 8:01pm On May 26
kunle75:

No problem I will try, I wasn't feeling good this weekend I had an initial plan to travel to Winnipeg just 6hrs of northwest south Dakota state.
Hopefully if I have company taken pictures shouldn't be an issues.
Thank you sir. Hope you feel better soon.
Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by kunle75(m): 9:38pm On May 26
shaybebaby:

Thank you sir. Hope you feel better soon.

Are you here in the state?
Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by seguno2: 3:07am On May 27
shaybebaby:
Mr Bentley oppressing me🤩

Bentley or a Harley?🤔

Don’t they have pothole roads in the UK

How is that possible?

1 Like

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by chukxie(m): 5:23am On May 27
adicius:
What has this got to do with a Nigerian forum. How many people reading this can make this drive. Go to a u.k forum to post this. It's got nothing to do with Nigeria.

Is this bitterness or envy? Isn't the Op a Nigerian? And who the bloody hell are you to tell the Op what and where to post?

1 Like

Re: Essex To Cumbria Road Trip (Photos) by ksmart90(m): 7:53am On May 27
I

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bridge Collapses In Bauchi, 4 Students Killed, 8 Others Injured (Photos, Video) / Japan Or Singapore / 2 Injured As Bus Somersaults On Eko Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.