Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,813 members, 7,862,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:49 PM

I Won’t Vacate Office On June 16, Rivers LG Chairman Dares Fubara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Vacate Office On June 16, Rivers LG Chairman Dares Fubara (189 Views)

Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public / Court Disqualifies 16 Rivers APC Assembly Candidates / Stephen Odey On Supreme Court Judgment: Why I Won’t Vacate My Seat – Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Won’t Vacate Office On June 16, Rivers LG Chairman Dares Fubara by tonye33(m): 12:41pm On May 24
I won’t vacate office on June 16, Rivers LG Chairman dares Fubara
23rd May 2024

Dr Samuel Nwanosike
Nwanosike

By
Jide Ajia
Kindly share this story:

The Chairman, Ikwerre Local Government Area of Rivers State, Dr Samuel Nwanosike, has vowed not to vacate his office at the end of his tenure on June 16.

In a viral video circulated on Thursday, Nwanosike directly addressed the state governor, Siminalayi Fubara, stating his intention to remain in office beyond the stipulated date.

He cited an extension of tenure by state lawmakers under the leadership of Martin Amaghule as justification, due to the state government’s failure to conduct local government elections.

In the two-minute video, Nwanosike asserted that he would continue in his role based on the lawmakers’ directive.

He warned that the people of Ikwerre LG would resist any attempt to remove him from office.

He declared, “Let them come and try to remove me if they dare. The countdown begins—23 more days to go.”

Nwanosike also challenged those questioning the authority of Martin Amaewhule, stating, “Who are you to say Martin Amaewhule is not the Rivers House of Assembly Speaker?

“If Amaewhule declares that the governor’s failure to conduct local government elections means I should remain in office, then I will stay in office. This is the law in Rivers State.”

He further warned potential challengers, “We don’t wear jeans in Ikwerre Local Government. We wear white, we tie wrappers, we wear Ogbakata. Come and disobey the law, we will wait for you. The law of Nigeria is the law passed by Martin Amaewhule. If you have the courage, show your face.”

The chairman’s statements have sparked widespread reactions as the situation unfolds.

He added, “Who are you to say Martins Amaewhule is not the Rivers House of Assembly Speaker? If Amaewhule says that because the governor of Rivers State failed in his duty to conduct local government elections.

“And that, I, Dr Nwanosike Samuel, whose tenure by the oath of office I took and the certificate of return I was issued when I contested my second tenure election should remain in office. So shall we remain in the office in Rivers State!

“We are sending a message to those who are threatening them to wear their jeans – do like this, don’t do like that. We don’t wear jeans in Ikwerre local government. We wear white, we tie wrapper we wear Ogbakata. Come and disobey the law, we will wait for you. The law of Nigeria is the law passed by Martin Amaewhule. If dem born you well, show your face. Thank you.”

Source: Punch

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Vacate Office On June 16, Rivers LG Chairman Dares Fubara by tonye33(m): 12:42pm On May 24
Make SIM FUBARA just use this one as scapegoat

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Vacate Office On June 16, Rivers LG Chairman Dares Fubara by Ajens1991: 12:49pm On May 24
Such unguarded alterance does not go unpunished politically. He is pitching his political dynasty on a wrong foundation. By the time the building will start crumbling, he will be amazed

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Vacate Office On June 16, Rivers LG Chairman Dares Fubara by Isokiscool(m): 12:51pm On May 24
Sim should just use the local vigilante and civil defense to drag him out
Re: I Won’t Vacate Office On June 16, Rivers LG Chairman Dares Fubara by Melagros(m): 1:17pm On May 24
COMRADES, the idiot is looking for sympathizers from outside Rivers State
Re: I Won’t Vacate Office On June 16, Rivers LG Chairman Dares Fubara by nlfpmod: 1:18pm On May 24

(1)

Ezekwesili Vows Not To Sing Newly Adopted National Anthem, Nigeria, We Hail Thee / Infrastructural Devt: Gov. Abiodun Commissions Sagamu-iperu-ode Road / Resolutions Reached At The Meeting Between The FG and The Organised Labour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.