Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,984 members, 7,863,507 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:12 PM

Oladosu Appreciates Gov. Adeleke As He Appoints Him As SA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oladosu Appreciates Gov. Adeleke As He Appoints Him As SA (122 Views)

Osun 2022: Court Orders INEC, PDP Not To Recognise Ademola Adeleke As Candidate / Reno Omokri: Will Buhari Die If He Appoints Non-Muslim Northerner As Army Chief? / Tingo Mobile Unveils Reno Omokri As Brand Ambassador, Appoints Him Into Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oladosu Appreciates Gov. Adeleke As He Appoints Him As SA by Agebab: 3:00pm On May 24
Mr Olarewaju Oladosu, the Cordinator of People With Disabilities Farmers Association (PWDFA) in Osun on Friday appreciated Gov. Ademola Adeleke for constantly giving them support to people with disabilities and for also including him in his administration.

Mr Olarewaju Oladosu, in his letter of appreciation  thanked the governor for giving priority to the welfare of PWD in the state and also choosing him as Special Assistant on Disabilities Matters.

"I am humbled and grateful to the Executive Governor of Osun State, His Excellency Senator Ademola Nurudeen Jackson Adeleke, the Asiwaju Of Ede Land, the Chief of Staff to the Governor, Alhaji Kazeem Akinleye, Hon. Bamidele Salam, Rep Ede Federal Constituency, Abuja, for their unwavering support to Osun State Persons with Disabilities Community and for choosing me as Special Assistant On Disabilities Matter.

" I believe this new position will enable me contribute my quota to the development of our dear state, especially Person with Disabilities Community in the state.

"Your Excellency, I thank you for believing in my capabilities and pray that God Almighty will continue to protect, progress and prosper you and also give you more successes in your administration." he said 

Speaking on what the governor has done for PWD in Osun,  Oladosu said the state government, through the Community and Social Development Project (CSDP),  built skill acquisition centres across the state for their members and also provided them vocational trainings.

"Our members were equally given tricycles to sustain themselves,  all this was made possible through the payment of counterpart fund by Gov. Adeleke's administration for the CSDP.

"Again, PWD farmers have been benefiting from FADAMA programmes (through counterpart funding) and this year, about 300 disable farmers were captured to get farming implements and tools.

"All this benefits are the results of the commitment of Gov. Adeleke to the welfare of PWD in the state." he said 

He said  Osun government has also concluded plan to provide money to PWD in the state, through the PWD cooperative society, so they can have money to start up their own businesses or expand the ones they have.

He said because the Osun State Assembly is working in synergy with the executive, it has passed the 'Osun State Discrimination Against Persons with Disabilities Prohibition Bill' which seeks a better welfare and recognition for PWD. 

He thanked the Osun lawmakers, including House of Representative lawmaker, Mr Bamidele Salam and the Chief of Staff to the governor, Alhaji Kazeem Akinleye, for their roles and support towards a better welfare for PWD in the state.

He, however, stated that the governor would soon assent to the prohibition bill passed on discrimination against PWD and that the challenges of social inclusion and integration will be taken care by the law.

2 Likes

Re: Oladosu Appreciates Gov. Adeleke As He Appoints Him As SA by Jostoman: 3:33pm On May 24
This is a serious governor that really love Osun State people

(1) (Reply)

Labour Party (LP) Suspends National Chairman Abure Again Over Fraud / FG Assures Completion Of Egbema Power Plant, As Imo Govt, NDPHC Pledge Collabora / Productive Meeting With Senior Special Assistant To The President On Student Eng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.