Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,967 members, 7,863,446 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:53 PM

The Desire Of Your Heart - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Desire Of Your Heart (56 Views)

Pray For The Desire To Forgive / The Desire For God's Blessing / Is God Truly Dwelling In Your Heart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Desire Of Your Heart by jonatoye(m): 6:21am On May 25
~~~Daily Spiritual Digest~~~

Focus: The Desire of Your Heart

The word for today
The only way to have the desire of your heart met is to delight yourself in the Lord. What God will give you will only come to you in a godly way.
Scriptural Reference
"Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." (Psalm. 37:4 NKJV).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Most of the time, we don't know what we really need. We strive to achieve something, and at the point of achievement, we come to the realization that we need something more. Going forward in destiny, life happens to us, and we find ourselves in situations we never envisioned or envisaged beforehand. But God, who designed our destiny, is not ignorant of why we have the experiences we have, why we are in the current situation, and what is waiting ahead. In the midst of all these, God is saying, "I know the plans I have for you, plans for peace and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope" (Jeremiah 29:11).

Before we were born, there is an expected end He has for us. We can only fulfill that when we delight ourselves in Him. It is a great deception from the devil to think you have a life outside God. Gehazi was ignorant of the fact that what he was chasing when he went after Naaman was leprosy; he thought he was on the verge of getting the desire of his heart. Samson thought that to sleep on the lap of Delilah was a life for him, but he paid dearly with his eyes and then his life.

We cannot but talk about the likes of David, Joseph, and Daniel, who honoured God and delighted in Him; they have the life God wants to give them. Despite the fact that they suffered, God gave them all their heart's desires. When we delight ourselves in the Lord, He will give us the desires of our heart, but they will come in a godly way, not through sinful or ungodly means.

Meditation: Do you delight in the Lord?

Dear Lord, help me to truly delight in You, to seek Your will and plans for my life above my own desires in Jesus' name. Amen!

Emphasis: The key to true fulfillment lies in aligning our desires with God's will by delighting in Him. Only then can we experience the abundant life that He promises!

Have a Refreshed Weekend!

(1) (Reply)

Don't Strike Back / Happy Sunday ❤️ / Life Is Eternal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.