Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,955 members, 7,863,386 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:53 PM

How Do You View This As An African? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Do You View This As An African? (182 Views)

What Makes You An African? / How Do You View Matured Adults Bathe Together With Their Grown Siblings? / Yasuke An African Slave, The First Black Samurai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do You View This As An African? by meedoLock(m): 1:22pm On May 25
As a fairly religious person who is only concerned about his personal connection with God aside from the peripherals, when I see the way we worship nowadays compared to the way our fathers in the past worshipped, I'm of the opinion that we have been bewitched or duped with our own ways in lieu of the foreign ways.

Yet, we still don't see this as one of the things that hinders our rapid growth, we have been brainwashed to erect many places of worship and not plenty factories where everyone can do something meaningful for their lives.

Note that I do not belong to the school of thought that "religion is a scam" but our mode of practicing it is what I have problem with.

Now, the big question is that "what happened to Africa religion"? Pls read below (copied) and let's brainstorm over it👇
[/b]mall

As an African, you travel to Israel to pray on a wall. This is called pilgrimage and you automatically earn the title of JP.

As an African, you travel to Saudi to pray on a black stone. This is called Hajj and you automatically earn the title of Alhaji.

As an African, you travel to your own Ancestral home or village where you were born to pray on Stone, River, Tree, or any symbolic spiritual statue in your home, this is called Pagan.ism and tagged as [b]Fetish, Dem.on!c and Devi.lish.

Your comments on this..

Re: How Do You View This As An African? by meedoLock(m): 1:24pm On May 25
Can we have this moved up please? 🙏
Re: How Do You View This As An African? by finallybusy: 12:24pm On May 26
…and this was why I freed myself from the chains of any religion. I live a good life. Anything I see after death, I take. Majority of religions created by man are the same. I embrace science wholly.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

You Are A Great Person / Accelerationists / Who Can Digitize 16 Mm Celluloid Films?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.