Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,368 members, 7,850,339 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:56 PM

Breaking News! Court Awards 25million To Baba Suwe - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Breaking News! Court Awards 25million To Baba Suwe (11464 Views)

Court Orders Ndlea To Pay N25m Compensation To Baba Suwe / Baba Suwe Excretes 16 Pellets Of Cocaine, Cries Like Baby / NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News! Court Awards 25million To Baba Suwe by solomon111(m): 11:37pm On Nov 24, 2011
Must he collect the money?cant he just display maturity and forgiveness,afterall the machines detected it on him.it was due to no ones fault,even though i do not rule out spiritual dimensions to the sudden disappearance of the drugs.Now he is going to make NDLEA scared of arresting high profile suspects.Some yoruba men sha.SMH
Re: Breaking News! Court Awards 25million To Baba Suwe by solomon111(m): 11:46pm On Nov 24, 2011
Drunk:

Swallowed Coke
Used black magic to blindfold the officers of NDLEA
Ignorant Nigerians supported the drug peddler
Crook court awards N25M just for crazy reasons.

Well, i bet you that he'll be docked again and then NDLEA would laugh a better laugh. Gosh i am so disgusted by the reasoning pattern of Nigerian youths
U are one of the few intelligent people on this thread
Re: Breaking News! Court Awards 25million To Baba Suwe by Dynamique: 12:18am On Nov 25, 2011
solomon111:

Must he collect the money?cant he just display maturity and forgiveness,afterall the machines detected it on him.it was due to no ones fault,even though i do not rule out spiritual dimensions to the sudden disappearance of the drugs.Now he is going to make NDLEA scared of arresting high profile suspects.Some yoruba men sha.SMH
What type of maturity is to be displayed when we think of d huge embarrassment,d whole situation caused him,which maturity should b displayed?,when valuable working time was lost in the process of a futile investigation, &by d way,we r talking of 25million here not 25,000.
Re: Breaking News! Court Awards 25million To Baba Suwe by emmatok(m): 12:52am On Nov 25, 2011
Poeple should get the news right.

Baba Suwe was never scanned at the airport, he was arrested on information.

The scanning toke place in LUTH, and NDLEA said they were not sure of the substance in him.

He later was taking a hospital in V.I where they pumped water into him.
Re: Breaking News! Court Awards 25million To Baba Suwe by Ishilove: 4:17am On Nov 25, 2011
So machines now lie? Mehn,i want to meet the "baba agbalagba nla" that cooked the jazz that firmly contained the incriminating shite in his innards for 3weeks. 25 milla for holding poop! Only in Nigeria
Re: Breaking News! Court Awards 25million To Baba Suwe by Ishilove: 4:18am On Nov 25, 2011
:-d
Re: Breaking News! Court Awards 25million To Baba Suwe by oge4real(f): 5:51am On Nov 25, 2011
I still have a hunch that all is not as it seems with this case.
Re: Breaking News! Court Awards 25million To Baba Suwe by Pain(m): 8:44am On Nov 25, 2011
Does anyone here remember the fact that "Baba Suwe (Or is it "Baboon Suwe"wink cried @ the airport when he was initially accosted?

His initial countenance kind of exposed his culpability.
Something is clearly not right about this case. While I don't intend to subscribe to the metaphysical/collusion, it cannot be entirely ruled out from this saga.
Re: Breaking News! Court Awards 25million To Baba Suwe by gogodaye(m): 9:13am On Nov 25, 2011
This is one perverse judgment that would be upturned on appeal. The Judge should simply have proscribed the NDLEA out of existence for lawfully detaining a suspect upon congent lawful suspicion of his having committed an offence.
These are the same Judges letting off Nollywood Drug convicts upon their payment of paltry fines. God save this country from the wolves.
Re: Breaking News! Court Awards 25million To Baba Suwe by gogodaye(m): 9:21am On Nov 25, 2011
Less we forget should the NDLEA not appeal the judgment, the N25,000,000.00 would be paid from the coffers of the Nigerian State and the same would be borne by the proverbial "tax payer."
Re: Breaking News! Court Awards 25million To Baba Suwe by sleekman(m): 10:23am On Nov 25, 2011
[size=18pt]Very Expensive Shit. This one go enter Guinness world book of records. $157,000 shit. Chei![/size]
Re: Breaking News! Court Awards 25million To Baba Suwe by ideylaff: 1:18pm On Nov 25, 2011
Does anyone here remember the fact that "Baba Suwe (Or is it "Baboon Suwe"wink cried @ the airport when he was initially accosted?

His initial countenance kind of exposed his culpability.
Something is clearly not right about this case. While I don't intend to subscribe to the metaphysical/collusion, it cannot be entirely ruled out from this saga.

That was what NDLEA told us,  right,  but the press later found out the stories were conflicting,

According to other reports he never even cried,

Lets get things straight here b4 judging,  The press have a blame as well,m they were feeding the public the news that sells most "Bad news@ even at one point it was reported that he had excreted loads of cocaine Pellets,

if this is the case 25 Million is even small, tax payer money or not,  What is Wrong is Wrong. Put yourself in his shoes.

If he was truly caught with Cocaine, how much coluld his family and his other Nollywood big men have paid NDLEA to warrant all these noise bn made over it

I think we judged Baba Suwe way too early based on the NDLEA reports that we were bn fed on a daily basis

if he truly is not guilty then lets see the action NDLEA take,

I am a living witness of NDLEA as an agency's over bearing power use at MMA,

I once flew with a very young well dressed boy who did not give the customs the bribe they were asking for and the custom guys said "when you get to NDLEA and they delay you" , u will know that u should have looked after us, over here. Hmmmmm

True to the custom guys words, the boy was delayed over what, because he had an unopened cologne bottle and NDLEA said they have to test it in their Lab and the lab was closed till Monday. so the boy could not board the flight I boarded

So the poor boy who was heading for the States missed his connecting flight in the UK

Thats 9ja 4 u
Re: Breaking News! Court Awards 25million To Baba Suwe by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 25, 2011
Drunk:

Swallowed Coke
Used black magic to blindfold the officers of NDLEA
Ignorant Nigerians supported the drug peddler
Crook court awards N25M just for crazy reasons.

Well, i bet you that he'll be docked again and then NDLEA would laugh a better laugh. Gosh i am so disgusted by the reasoning pattern of Nigerian youths

I am very shocked at your line of reasoning. It is very unfortunate if at the turn of the century, someone still believe that black magic will distort the fundamentals of science.

More so, You called the Court ,crook , simply because the Court ruled on the basis of the fact before her. Who are You? A nobody with access to the internet feeding on cyber-rumours.

Let me educate you and your likes. If baba Suwe had drugs in his system, where is the drug? if there are no drug found, why did the NDLEA present distorted facts before the Federal High Court to continue its hold on the suspect?

I think N25M is okay and the apology, on the basis of facts available to the court which we as reasonable people must accept as more plausible than some cyber rumour.

If you still believe that baba Suwe used juju or what have you, then its most likely than not that you must be a DRUG PEDDLER TOO as you seem to know the routine.
Re: Breaking News! Court Awards 25million To Baba Suwe by CHIMCO(m): 4:53pm On Nov 25, 2011
If NDLEA Appeals the damages will increase.
Re: Breaking News! Court Awards 25million To Baba Suwe by adebayo111: 5:33pm On Nov 25, 2011
baba suwe was made to go under the scanner at mma before being,taken else where.
The NDLEA will appeal and the judgement will be overturn. The agency needs overhauling cos there are lot of bad eggs among them. When you look at the scenario you will seconded me that we cant rule out a case of sabotage among some of the officers in charge of this case. Remember that the former NDLEA chairman Bello Lafiaji was charge and i think sentenced for a case of corruptions( instead of him to really fight the fight he was busy dinning with the drug lords). so most of the officers are out to enrich themselves at the slightest opportunity. Things like this continue to happen unless there is a massive shake up.
Re: Breaking News! Court Awards 25million To Baba Suwe by Delafruita(m): 8:08pm On Nov 25, 2011
@gogodaye
So what if the money is paid from taxpayers' money?a citizen has been wronged and knowing his rights,he decides to sue for a measly 25million and you assume he shouldn't sue because taxpayers money will be used to settle his claim?where were you when admiral arogundade and the nirian navy were asked to settle the 100million naira claim brought against them by a lady who was beaten by naval ratings attached to the admiral?

People and agencies need to be held to account for their wrongdoings and I personally think bamidele aturu should have gone for 500million naira on baba suwe's behalf
Re: Breaking News! Court Awards 25million To Baba Suwe by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 25, 2011
ideylaff:

That was what NDLEA told us,  right,  but the press later found out the stories were conflicting,

According to other reports he never even cried,

Lets get things straight here b4 judging,  The press have a blame as well,m they were feeding the public the news that sells most "Bad news@ even at one point it was reported that he had excreted loads of cocaine Pellets,

if this is the case 25 Million is even small, tax payer money or not,  What is Wrong is Wrong. Put yourself in his shoes.

If he was truly caught with Cocaine, how much coluld his family and his other Nollywood big men have paid NDLEA to warrant all these noise bn made over it

I think we judged Baba Suwe way too early based on the NDLEA reports that we were bn fed on a daily basis

if he truly is not guilty then lets see the action NDLEA take,

I am a living witness of NDLEA as an agency's over bearing power use at MMA,

I once flew with a very young well dressed boy who did not give the customs the bribe they were asking for and the custom guys said "when you get to NDLEA and they delay you" , u will know that u should have looked after us, over here. Hmmmmm

True to the custom guys words, the boy was delayed over what, because he had an unopened cologne bottle and NDLEA said they have to test it in their Lab and the lab was closed till Monday. so the boy could not board the flight I boarded

So the poor boy who was heading for the States missed his connecting flight in the UK

Thats 9ja 4 u

I wish that was me, i'd sue them to high heaven. Lazy, incompetent nincompoops angry angry
Re: Breaking News! Court Awards 25million To Baba Suwe by Limaoscar: 9:58pm On Nov 25, 2011
Mr President Scrap NDLEA now!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biola Ige Heard That Tonto Was Responsible For Her Illness / One Of The Reasons For Depression Is Lack Of Fulfillment - Linda Ikeji / Ciara And Olivia Are Gay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.