Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:47 AM

My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive (28773 Views)

19,396 Test HIV Positive In Niger State – Perm Sec / My Doctor Told Me That Am Infected With HIV Without Prior Notice Of The Test! / How Will I Know If Am Not Hiv Positive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by skook: 1:10pm On Sep 23, 2007
The Doctor Said Am Hiv+

I was told by my doctor that am HIV postive on friday, he ran the test 5 times then i knew it wasn't a joke . . .Have not been myself since i received this bad report, am quite sure that i contacted the virus from my girlfriend because i have been faithful to her and she happens to be my first love. Many thoughts have been running through my mind and trust me, am dieing already, the sleepless night and fear of untimely death is killing me gradually . . . . I will make sure that my girlfriend will not go unpurnished. As for me, i will commit suicide and just forget about this life . . .Afterall, the virus can not allow me to have my own kids

1 Like

Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by tommyex(m): 1:19pm On Sep 23, 2007
SHOOK

PLS easy on urself ok,have u tried goin 4 counsellin?I know it hurts 2 hell,but truth is u coulda contacted it from many other places.But what do u even wana do 2 ur gf,she may also have it from ur assumption.

Pls do urself some good,u could still have a good life with it,firstly go 4 some counsellin,ok

God loves u and dont doubt it ok
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 23, 2007
skook:

I was told by my doctor that am HIV postive on friday, he ran the test 5 times then i knew it wasn't a joke . . .Have not been myself since i received this bad report, am quite sure that i contacted the virus from my girlfriend because i have been faithful to her and she happens to be my first love. Many thoughts have been running through my mind and trust me, am dieing already, the sleepless night and fear of untimely death is killing me gradually . . . . I will make sure that my girlfriend will not go unpurnished. As for me, i will commit suicide and just forget about this life . . .Afterall, the virus can not allow me to have my own kids

Hi, welcome to the forum, and sorry to hear of your news.

Please, don't attack your girlfriend, there are several ways one can contract the virus, both your girlfriend, and yourself, and not always through sexual contact.

Definitely do NOT take your own life, HIV managed effectively does NOT mean an untimely death these days. You can actually remain healthier than myself, or any other HIV- person. What's important right now is you get the proper help and treatment, and keep a check on your CD count.

Has your girlfriend been tested yet? It's important she gets tested if the answer's no, as the above could apply to her as well. Early detection and treatment / control is paramount, you could lead perfectly normal, healthy lives still. It does NOT have to develop into full-blown AIDS. Take care, and stay safe.
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by skook: 1:43pm On Sep 23, 2007
Thanks for your encouragement but i think you don't know how it feels since you are not in my condition. As for my gf, am pretty sure i contacted it from her, i have my own clipper, never had blood transfusion so i definately got the virus from her. I developed this strong hatred for her since friday - the day i was told, and i have not even set my eyes on her since then as i have been thinking and dieing gradually. I don't want to see her for now until am done with my plans against her, am sure she will not go scotfree!
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:57pm On Sep 23, 2007
i know it might be really hard on you, but its not the end of the world or life. there are a lot of HIV positive patients, but they are still leaving life to the full and doing everything a normal healthy individual does. please try to visit any SACA office in your area. they would be able to give you all the necessary professional advice and help you.
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by rachiwise(f): 2:14pm On Sep 23, 2007
Hiya,
i understand your plight.Right now u would be feeling alone in the world.Try to be strong Bro.Pls dont die b4 the virus gets to u,u got t o be strong.U can live a healthy long life even longer than some 'healthy' people.Pls,

As 4 ur girlfriend,r u really 100% sure u got it from her?100%?

And wat would u harming or doing 'killing' her do to ur health?Nothing my Bro.

Be Strong and really try to get over the pain so u can start going for counselling.

Cheers.
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by Seun(m): 3:31pm On Sep 23, 2007
Why didn't you protect yourself with a simple condom? You have no one to blame but yourself.

As for your girlfriend being the source of the virus, well, she could've been infected before you met. And she does not need any further 'punishment' because being HIV positive is a punishment. Instead of freaking out and making threats, why not ask the doctor about what you can do to prolong your life?

1 Like

Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by Tmoni(m): 3:51pm On Sep 23, 2007
seun, pls get off the "holier than thou" horse,

it has happened and it has happened,
@topic,

u lucky u found out early,
its all about ARV and healthy eating,
u would probably outlive a lot of the "condolence party" but its definately not the end

1 Like

Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by wosiljoyyahoocom(f): 3:55pm On Sep 23, 2007
@Poster

I am sure many of the sympathisers here will die before you - even though u r HIV positive - so dont kill yourself for any reason.

Many of them are infected without even knowing - so u know - so live the dream - dont worry - ok! Pele.
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by youngdigi(m): 3:59pm On Sep 23, 2007
skook, i commend you for your courage of getting tested and being bold enough to mention this in the open, that is a strong thing to do.

however, i don't understand ur reactions towards it, i am so confused, i don' t know how you can take matters to your hands by revenging on ur gf, i mean she might not even know she contracted it , she cud have gotten it in different ways as well, a previous relationship, or even you, as u know HIV is not only contracted via sex, bottom line, taking matters to your hands is the last thing u should do in this situation , and that includes harming ur gf, or COMMITING SUICIDE, goodness how can u even think of that? don't u belive in God? dont u think of what he is trying to use you for in this situation

i will say take some time to sit down and think over these things instead of planning a strategy to attack someone for which u have no right to. God bless.
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by mekoyo(m): 4:00pm On Sep 23, 2007
You don't have to blame yourself or your girlfriend. All you need to do now is to seek for counsel. You have already allowed yourself to be cheated by the devil and i wont adfvice you give all your life by committing suicide, please don't do that. Been HIV positive is not the end of life. There are many ways of contacting this virus as you have already seen from the other posters, why not call your girlfriend and have a heart to heart talk with her. And if truly you have been faithful to her alone then she must have gotten the virus before you started seeing her.
Now the most dreaded thing about this virus is that when one contacts it, it take about two to three months before it can be detected medically. So maybe she had gotten some months before you met her and she didnt know. To the main issue, medically you can still have children even if you are HIV positive, all you need now is to put your head down, be calm, and don't do anything stupid. You are HIV positive yes, but you are not the first so why the thought of committing suicide? You still have a life to live, so many years and i'll love it if you can just live that life for GOD. If you had given your life to him, HE would have been your protector but you allowed the devil take over you.
Accept Christ as your Lord and Saviour and seek counsel. You can also get counsel from this site   www.itbeginswithyou.com

To you guys out there, you think you are faithful to only one person? Then you have to watch it, you have to be careful. Lets just leave this sex of a thing and wait till it is the right time before we all loose our lives and fall into one heartbreak or the other.

Please my dear nairalanders be careful and watch that person you think you are faithful to. The enemy you know is better than the angel you dont know

Happy Sunday to you All.
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by kulaShaker(f): 4:13pm On Sep 23, 2007
@skook

damn! so sorry about that news. Listen you are allowed to feel the way u feel right now, if i had that i would plot blue murder too, but i am sure with a few days or week in coming to terms with your predicament, you will have a change of heart, two things you need to remember soon as you are over this shock,
1. let go of the anger
2. live, the mind can kill you before Aids or Hiv can.

what you are doing here is healthy, coming to vent out the anger and pain will help you come to terms with this news, but like someone said when it's your time it's your time, the day u received the news was not your funeral, we will all go one way or another, some even sooner than yourself. DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR SELF TO DEATH WITHOUT A FIGHT.

take care

1 Like

Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by Ralvy(m): 4:22pm On Sep 23, 2007
As much as I believe this is not true, I still have something to say . .
I agree with Seun Completely . . A small N500 Condom will have left you a happy man today . .
98% of this problem was brught on by You . .

. . . and, Y r u blamming your girlfrend, dnt u think it's possible that, u caught it through another source and u have probably transferred it to her . . . and u're about tu purnish the pure lady

Man . . .think
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by akara(m): 4:34pm On Sep 23, 2007
, and what if your girlfriend tests negative? angry
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by Seun(m): 4:37pm On Sep 23, 2007
seun, please get off the "holier than thou" horse,
Holier than thou? I'm an atheist. "Smarter than thou" would be more appropriate.
I'm pissed off because he's threatening violence. I have no sympathy for violent people. angry
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by spora(m): 4:41pm On Sep 23, 2007
I STRONGLY DOUBT the veracity of this post.

I just believe, he is just playing on our intelligence, to see what we will say. There are some things he wrote that bring about my suspicion.

@ poster.
I dont believe your story.
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by Ralvy(m): 4:42pm On Sep 23, 2007
akara:

, and what if your girlfriend tests negative? angry

I doubt . . . If that happens, the Girl shuld be thankful to God, really thankful
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by tommyex(m): 4:52pm On Sep 23, 2007
SHOOK i ll want 2 agree with spora about d autenticity of this post,anyway i think its best 4 u 2 have 5 test from differnt doctors n not 5 from 1 doctor.

SEUN

.Hope u know Aids can be gotten from other means apart frm SEX??He aint sure of the source yet,He is jus applyin d anger on the probable source.
.Hope u know condom aint 100%effective.I beg easy on the bro oo
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by Seun(m): 4:55pm On Sep 23, 2007
I know condoms are not 100% effective, but most people who get infected don't even bother to use it. If his story was, "I used a condom but the condom broke and I got infected" I'd be sympathetic.
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by tommyex(m): 5:03pm On Sep 23, 2007
I feel u SEUN,
We always have reasons 2 say we aint GOD,cos am sure if u were,he wont be breathing now.

POSTER
Hope u have read all people have said oo(if u real anyway)I coulda liked to know if this is why u joined this forum??
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by ow11(m): 5:21pm On Sep 23, 2007
Men sorry for the news

but don't take it out on ur chic.she may not even know she has the virus.
Get her tested to confirm then you can start thinkin about getting retroviral drugs. You can still live a great life if you want but please don't kill yourself.

the only snag here is that you must always use a condom and maybe technology can help you get a child in the future.
CHEER UP
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by Seun(m): 5:22pm On Sep 23, 2007
Ok, please don't kill yourself. Apparently, we value your life more than you do. So please don't do it!
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by fuzek: 5:23pm On Sep 23, 2007
@post, i feel really sorry embarassed 4 u and i pray u find comfort in God.

@those who supported dis comment:
mo_fe_dobo:

I am sure many of the sympathisers here will die before you

shocked Is dis a kind of encouragement undecided even tho' dats possible, stop instillin fear of d unknown aight!!! He needs God now not d assurance of people dying b4 him ok undecided

@those dat said d story isn't real, pls expatiate. . .i really wouldn't like to be wastin my time replyin to a joke undecided
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by Coleslove: 5:23pm On Sep 23, 2007
@ Poster

Congrats for accepting the reports of "Your Doctor"

For the verdict on your girl friend. Just let us know when you're ready or the date. Afterall you or her have already dealt with each other and now you claim you want to MURDER her and commit suicide. As for your suicide i guess i could help with some chemicals if you wish.

Check your story and re-frame please. Make it a lil more pathetic. Stupid post
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by toksdam(m): 5:27pm On Sep 23, 2007
1, u dont need to lunch any attack if ur case is real

2,ur case is not a closed one yet,u can still make a lot os sense out of life

3, u wont do the sucide thing,if u would, u wont be telling us,especially in this forum

4,u can manage the virus and live a strong man ,get some counceling,if u care to know let me know.

5,repent of ur sins  and let Jesus into ur life,i can help.
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by mekaboy(m): 5:32pm On Sep 23, 2007
My Brother,

Life is not measured by duration but by donation. its not how long u lived that maters but what u contributed to life. Secondly your vision could make you live longer. Do you have a vision? is there Something you are living for? Do you believe in the mercy of GOD ? Also Go for counseling.

GOD CARES>>

Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by fuzek: 5:35pm On Sep 23, 2007
Coleslove:

@ Poster

Congrats for accepting the reports of "Your Doctor"

For the verdict on your girl friend. Just let us know when you're ready or the date. Afterall you or her have already dealt with each other and now you claim you want to MURDER her and commit suicide. As for your suicide i guess i could help with some chemicals if you wish.

Check your story and re-frame please. Make it a little more pathetic. Stupid post

OMG!!!!! roflllllllllllllllllll grin grin grin wink nl una biko wink grin
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by bibi83: 6:13pm On Sep 23, 2007
sucide is NOT THE ANSWER, pls HIV + is not a death sentence, pls stay strong, before u lay blame make sure your girlfriend gets tested, there are lots of drugs/medications used to control this illness, pls consider counselling and i BEG YOU DO NOT TAKE YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!

a monogamous relationship doesnt gurantee safety, always protect yourself.
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by wham(m): 7:08pm On Sep 23, 2007
[size=16pt]This guys first instict after his Sad info about being infected was to join
NAIRALAND and share the news with tha whole NIGERIA

HOW FAKE wink wink wink

He joined nairaland today

This is his first and only post on nairaland and he felt so free emotionally and psycologically to spread the gist
[/size]

I think its a contovercial topic sha, KEEP UP THE [size=16pt]FICTION[/size]
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by Ralvy(m): 7:20pm On Sep 23, 2007
@WHAM;

You Spoke ur mind, Correct Guy
I doubted it too . . . I have strong feelings that it's a member on Nairaland thats messn around wyv our brains . .
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by Sweetaura1(f): 7:27pm On Sep 23, 2007
If this is a joke, it's an expensive one. 'Cos u're professing dome into yr life. On the other hand take 3 other tests at 3 different labs for confirmation. If positive, go for counseling, pray & leave the rest to God. He'll definitely heal u, 'cos He's awesome.

Meanwhile, get yr babe to go for her test, so that innocent beings don't get infected by both of u. U've been swearing of murdering yr babe, u might extend it to infecting every girl that comes yr way.

Take heart.
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by tundewoods(m): 8:59pm On Sep 23, 2007
I totally agree with Ralvy and Wham,
This thread topic may be a hoax, fiction by someone messing with our minds.However i've learnt a couple of things from the short brief story that i want to point out.

HIV+ or Not, How many of us here know our status and take sensible precautions to avoid being found in a pair of HIV+ shoes.I can bet on it that it's either 60 or 70 % of folks here know their status.

The fear of uncertainty keeps most of us away from the truths that stare us in the face like mirrors.

Secondly,if this story is indeed true then i blame should not be aportioned to the so called girlfriend,Because i can swear that she ain't even aware of her status so it becomes a vicious cycle that keeps revolving just because we didn't think of precautions before jumping into bed.

Lastly lets not give room to some folks coning us with claims that they got cures for HIV+ by posting gsm no for us to call.If indeed they have HIV cures that work,i bet they would be a lot busier attending to customers,(HIV+ pstients) than posting adverts of their drugs on public forums.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

RRS Assists Accident Victims To Hospital In Lagos / NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators / General Hospital In Orile Agege Where Patients Sleep On The Floor (exclusive)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.