Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,990 members, 7,863,541 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:43 PM

AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development (3797 Views)

Fashola Clears Air On ‘US-Nigeria Infrastructure’ Comparison / Buhari Asks Investors For $1.5 Trillion To Bridge Nigeria’s Infrastructure Gap / Emefiele: What Buhari Govt Needs To Address Nigeria’s Infrastructure Deficit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by bukatyne(f): 8:01am On May 27
I believe all these institutions get kickbacks and all sorts from all these nonsense aids, grants and borrowing they do in Nigeria.

Instead of channelling the money into private pockets so they improvish their people futher and do their bidding, why don't these concerned and caring agencies do the work themselves?

If they think Nigeria needs certain infrastructure and they are so in love with Nigeria or making things right on the planet, why don't they get the Government's permission and build the infrastructure themselves??

Madness is expecting a different result from doing the same thing.
Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by Franking: 8:04am On May 27
To be shared or looted....na today?
Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by Gboom: 8:13am On May 27
Why is it that these so-called obi supporters beclouded with hatred when they hear good news but will quickly rejoice when it's other way round about Nigeria
And they are dreaming their choice will rule Nigeria?
Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by omoredia: 8:20am On May 27
Money that Tinubu will loot in 5 mins
Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by Professor822714: 8:23am On May 27
Abokis already salivating about how to steal this one....awon buhari matwalle and that abacha thief in budget ministry
Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by HRMK: 8:35am On May 27
TO BE LOOTED AS IT IS USUAL!
Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by kedeojo(m): 9:11am On May 27
Seunpapa65:
No be Cho Cho Cho show us results
At the end e feel better audio 🤣😂😂
If you have been following him, you will no that Nigeria has benefited under his leadership in AFDB. He has been the best Nigeria in global position in the last two decades.

1 Like

Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by kedeojo(m): 9:18am On May 27
1Alex:
I have been hearing AFDB and Nigeria for so long.

Other African countries nkọ?
That is what is called charity begins at home. Before is presidency in AFDB, how many project financing did you see from them, even when is an African stuff. Use your position to better your people. This a kind of people we should be supporting to be president. He has brought a lot of rrforms to the office and other Africa countries are not left behind. He remains the best Nigeria in global position, since the past two decades.

1 Like

Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by kedeojo(m): 9:21am On May 27
SoNature:
Akinwunmi Adeshina is a blessing to this country. So this is what other countries that produced the heads of AFDB have been enjoying all this while? 🙆🙆🙆

Heads of AfreximBank and World Trade Organisation should do the same thing. Nigerians run those organisations and they should be bringing the gains home.

Oops! I remember hearing Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala say that WTO doesn't have money to throw around and I wonder why Donald Trump was busy blocking her from being announced the head of the organisation.
She is a failure, before her WTC has been supporting countries. It take Buhari who pleaded to trump and co, for her to be accepted. I have not seen her countribution to the country through WTC

1 Like

Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by SoNature(m): 9:51am On May 27
kedeojo:
She is a failure, before her WTC has been supporting countries. It take Buhari who pleaded to trump and co, for her to be accepted. I have not seen her countribution to the country through WTC

Imagine an ignoramus calling an Okonjo-Iweala a failure. I no blame you; data is cheap. FYI, Okonjo-Iweala never became WTO Director General until Trump was kicked out. For not knowing that basic fact, you have lost the right to be taken seriously.
Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by Seunpapa65: 10:23am On May 27
JagabanB:

You will clap for "cho cho cho" from Otti and name him "the people's governor" when he can't even pay minimum wage abi?
And who told you he can't pay it
Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by udomonday: 10:44am On May 27
The investment is coming to Nigeria because the bank is chaired by a Nigerian,if not it would have gone elsewhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by JagabanB: 10:59am On May 27
Seunpapa65:

And who told you he can't pay it
He has been given 14 days ultimatum by Abia NLC chapter, he has spent 1 year in office yet the "people's governor" haven't paid minimum wage.
Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by Irony1: 11:38am On May 27
JagabanB:

He's an lgb0, most of them dón't think beyond their shop but wants to have a say in everything.

walahi you don't have sense. i have been warning you guys the day you all will be picked by DSS you will understand that dog whistling of a tribe of people is a criminal offence.
Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by Irony1: 11:39am On May 27
Gboom:
Why is it that these so-called obi supporters beclouded with hatred when they hear good news but will quickly rejoice when it's other way round about Nigeria
And they are dreaming their choice will rule Nigeria?

you are not sensible at all.
Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by Gboom: 12:02pm On May 27
Irony1:

My father is not sensible at all.
Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by Buccalcavity2: 1:26pm On May 27
bukatyne:
I believe all these institutions get kickbacks and all sorts from all these nonsense aids, grants and borrowing they do in Nigeria.

Instead of channelling the money into private pockets so they improvish their people futher and do their bidding, why don't these concerned and caring agencies do the work themselves?

If they think Nigeria needs certain infrastructure and they are so in love with Nigeria or making things right on the planet, why don't they get the Government's permission and build the infrastructure themselves??

Madness is expecting a different result from doing the same thing.
They are "financing" agencies. It will be absurd for banks to be building "themselves". How many do they want to build?
2ndly, I know you don't know but ask around. Agency funded projects are the most difficult to siphon coz their monitoring framework is tight. Every milestone is appraised and approved.
Politicians mostly steal from local revenue tied projects.
Let's seek the peace and progress of our "Jerusalem", so we can "prosper".
Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by JagabanB: 1:47pm On May 27
Irony1:

walahi you don't have sense. i have been warning you guys the day you all will be picked by DSS you will understand that dog whistling of a tribe of people is a criminal offence.
You want my location so you can send DSS?
Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by commoditiesnig: 2:23pm On May 27
Buccalcavity2:

In other words "please don't invest in Nigeria because my candidate didn't win election". grin
Investors ain't emotional. AFDB has a board that appraise loans to which Femi is even subjected. At risk assessment, they discuss figures not "kinsman election loss"
Who did this to you?
Lol.. You wicked! 😂

1 Like

Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by OALandAgents: 3:35pm On May 27
What's $1bn going to do for infrastructural development in Nigeria embarassed undecided

It is nothing even worth to be announcing haba!

Nothing short of $25bn is worth announcing for the giant of Africa; $1bn can not even construct or reconstruct one of the longer roads in Nigeria.
Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by frog12: 4:15pm On May 27
maybe just media announcements grin grin grin
after that coup attempt to remove am, adesina has been silent

malali:

1. Nigeria Electrification Project (NEP)
Amount Proposed: $200 million
Date Announced: 2018
Purpose: The project aims to increase access to electricity in rural and underserved areas through renewable energy solutions.

2. Nigeria Transmission Expansion Project (NTEP)
Amount Proposed: $210 million
Date Announced: 2020
Purpose: To improve electricity transmission networks and facilitate stable power supply.

3. Nigerian Agro-Industrial Processing Zones (SAPZ)
Amount Proposed: $520 million
Date Announced: 2021
Purpose: To develop special agro-industrial processing zones aimed at boosting agricultural productivity and industrialization.

4. Investment in the Infrastructure Corporation of Nigeria (InfraCorp)
Amount Proposed: $250 million
Date Announced: 2021
Purpose: To support the establishment of InfraCorp, aimed at funding infrastructure development across Nigeria.

5. Support for Nigeria’s COVID-19 Response
Amount Proposed: $288.5 million
Date Announced: 2020
Purpose: To support Nigeria's efforts to mitigate the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.

6. Financing for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
Amount Proposed: $50 million
Date Announced: 2019
Purpose: To provide financing and technical assistance to SMEs in Nigeria.

7. Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) Rehabilitation
Amount Proposed: $410 million
Date Announced: 2017
Purpose: To rehabilitate and expand the electricity transmission network.

8. Nigeria Industrial Digital Skills Project
Amount Proposed: $70 million
Date Announced: 2019
Purpose: To provide digital skills training to Nigerian youth.

9. Agriculture Transformation Agenda Support Program Phase II (ATASP-2)
Amount Proposed: $300 million
Date Announced: 2016
Purpose: To enhance agricultural productivity and value chains.

10. Abuja Power Supply Improvement Project
markdown
Amount Proposed:$150 million
Date Announced:2020
Purpose: To improve electricity supply in the capital city, Abuja.

11. Digital Nigeria Initiative
markdown

Amount Proposed: $100 million
Date Announced:** 2020
Purpose: To support digital transformation and innovation in Nigeria.

12. Nigerian Power Sector Recovery Program (PSRP)
markdown
Amount Proposed: $500 million
Date Announced:2017
Purpose:To support reforms and enhance the performance of the power sector.

13. Nigeria Inclusive Basic Service Delivery and Livelihood Empowerment Integrated Project (IBSIP)
markdown
Copy code
Amount Proposed:** $280 million
Date Announced:** 2018
Purpose: To improve access to basic services and livelihood opportunities in conflict-affected areas.

14. Niger Delta Power Holding Company (NDPHC)
markdown
Amount Proposed: $200 million
Date Announced:** 2018
Purpose:*To improve power infrastructure in the Niger Delta region.

MR ADEWUNMI CAN WE GET UPDATES ON ALL THESE OTHER PROJECTS YOU HAVE ANNOUNCED IN THE PAST ?
Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by Irony1: 4:36pm On May 27
JagabanB:

You want my location so you can send DSS?

bring your location. e no hard
Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by Irony1: 4:39pm On May 27
[quote author=Gboom post=130165343][/quote]

if you like edit all what i said. it is there in my original comment and it pains you so much.... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by Gboom: 4:56pm On May 27
Irony1:

if you like edit all what i said. it is there in my original comment and it pains you so much.... grin grin grin grin grin
When I know it's only bastard son like you that will always call his father senseless
Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by Irony1: 4:58pm On May 27
Gboom:

it's only bastard son like me that calls my father senseless

i agree with you
Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by JagabanB: 7:25pm On May 27
Irony1:

bring your location. e no hard
Currently in Ibadan, will be moving to Lokoja on Friday, from there I will go and I be in Sun City Estate, Galadimawa Abuja to see my family by next week Wednesday, if you want to send DSS give me date and time and I will give you live location.
If you think u are màd, u eyes go see pepper for this life.
Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by Irony1: 9:08pm On May 27
JagabanB:

Currently in Ibadan, will be moving to Lokoja on Friday, from there I will go and I be in Sun City Estate, Galadimawa Abuja to see my family by next week Wednesday, if you want to send DSS give me date and time and I will give you live location.
If you think u are màd, u eyes go see pepper for this life.

Oga stop trying to form hard man. I know you are lying there are sure proof ways to catch you, don't worry
Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by JagabanB: 9:11pm On May 27
Irony1:

Oga stop trying to form hard man. I know you are lying there are sure proof ways to catch you, don't worry
Give it a try and find out.
I am waiting for you.
If you can't do it then u are a f00I.
Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by Irony1: 9:15pm On May 27
JagabanB:

Give it a try and find out.
I am waiting for you.
If you can't do it then u are a f00I.

Calling me a fool is fear talking, a real man will remain silent. just relax your time will come.
Re: AFDB Announces $1.44 Billion Investment For Nigeria’s Infrastructure Development by JagabanB: 9:19pm On May 27
Irony1:

Calling me a fool is fear talking, a real man will remain silent. just relax your time will come.
I am daring you werey, u are trying to run away into your shed now?
U want make ur life spoil, DSS don't hide, they come out in the open, why are u hiding?
I gave you locations and movement days already, go and wait for me at Sun City Estate by Wednesday.
DSS will be closer abi?
Hûñgry kids hiding behind itel making èmpty threats, u want make ur life spoil.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Motor Accident "do Not Drink And Drive" Pictures Not For Faint Hearted / PHOTOS: Balma Forest Operation:troops Dig Out Weapons From Underground Armouries / LEGAL PRECEDENCE OF A MINORITY MEMBER AS SPEAKER, HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.