Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,984 members, 7,863,509 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:15 PM

Kano: Dahiru Bauchi Advices Sunusi To Leave Throne For Peace To Reign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano: Dahiru Bauchi Advices Sunusi To Leave Throne For Peace To Reign (1686 Views)

As The Good People Of Kano Welcomes Emir Sunusi To His Palace. / Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? / How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano: Dahiru Bauchi Advices Sunusi To Leave Throne For Peace To Reign by ToriTori247: 6:40pm On May 26
Sheikh Dahiru Usman Bauchi Foundation Calls for Respect of Rule of Law in Kano Emirate Dispute anf advises Sunusi Lamido Sunusi to give up the throne for peace to reign in the state.

The Foundation also called on the Kano State Government and the two emirs involved in the ongoing dispute to respect the rule of law in the interest of peace and stability in Kano State and Nigeria.

Speaking at a press conference in Bauchi, the Chairman of the Foundation, Sheikh Ibrahim Sheikh Dahiru, advised the emirs to take a vow of peace and brotherhood to save the lives of innocent people and allow peace to reign.

"In the interest of peace, we want justice to prevail. Since the court has intervened to maintain law and order, we expect each party to respect the rule of law," Sheikh Ibrahim said.

The Foundation chided the Kano State Government's decision to continue with the process of appointing the 16th Emir of Kano and dethroning the five emirs despite a court injunction.

Sheikh Ibrahim suggested that the current Emir, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, could learn from the example of Sayyidina Hassan, the grandson of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), who left power to Mu'awiyyah in the interest of peace and brotherhood among the Muslim Ummah.

The Foundation also urged the National Assembly to amend the constitution and enact laws that will protect traditional rulers from being dethroned or appointed at the pleasure of politicians.

The Chairman called on the Kano State Government, the State House of Assembly, and the people of Kano to exercise caution and refrain from making decisions that may jeopardize the state's stability and exacerbate the suffering of the people.

"We want the parties to work together to build a brighter future for the people of Kano State and Nigeria, where justice, peace, and prosperity reign, and where the rights and dignity of all citizens are upheld and respected," he concluded.

Source: https://abujabizreports.com/2024/05/26/kano-dahiru-bauchi-advices-sunusi-to-leave-throne-for-peace-to-reign/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano: Dahiru Bauchi Advices Sunusi To Leave Throne For Peace To Reign by atiku4President(m): 6:44pm On May 26
They mods have made it impossible for one to leave this platform. I want to delete my account. How can I delete my nairaland account?

3 Likes

Re: Kano: Dahiru Bauchi Advices Sunusi To Leave Throne For Peace To Reign by Jostoman: 6:58pm On May 26
I will advise dahiru to go and find somewhere to sleep, go and tell Emilokan that kano no be lagos.

If i hear rule of Law for any Apc person mouth again concerning this kano. Make i no talk wetin dey my mind.

8 Likes

Re: Kano: Dahiru Bauchi Advices Sunusi To Leave Throne For Peace To Reign by yarimo(m): 7:00pm On May 26
atiku4President:
They mods have made it impossible for one to leave this platform. I want to delete my account. How can I delete my nairaland account?
and who is forcing you to login mteeeew

14 Likes

Re: Kano: Dahiru Bauchi Advices Sunusi To Leave Throne For Peace To Reign by Joshy4u: 7:04pm On May 26
All these Ganduje paid miscreants should let Sanusi be, when Ganduje disobeyed court order and still went ahead to dethrone Sanusi, where was this one's voice.
Since everyone want to be arrogant in Nigeria, including the reckless judiciary, let it be a banana Republic

3 Likes

Re: Kano: Dahiru Bauchi Advices Sunusi To Leave Throne For Peace To Reign by Jostoman: 7:04pm On May 26
Ganduj is hiding somewhere trying to collaborate With Presiden to use federal power to Scatter Kano.

1 Like

Re: Kano: Dahiru Bauchi Advices Sunusi To Leave Throne For Peace To Reign by Kukutente23: 7:05pm On May 26
The Foundation also urged the National Assembly to amend the constitution and enact laws that will protect traditional rulers from being dethroned or appointed at the pleasure of politicians.
This here is the crux of the matter. The constitution does not expressly give governors the power to appoint or dethrone kings. The power is implied.
The laws should be amended to make traditional institutions NGOs and divorce them from govt control. Almost all reasonable thrones have established procedure for emergence of their kings and do not need any governor to stamp it.
The politicians are more of an impediment to the prestige and progress of our traditional institutions.
If anything, they should be in partnership with the ministry of culture and tourism
Re: Kano: Dahiru Bauchi Advices Sunusi To Leave Throne For Peace To Reign by stonemasonn: 7:05pm On May 26
ToriTori247:

Source: https://abujabizreports.com/2024/05/26/kano-dahiru-bauchi-advices-sunusi-to-leave-throne-for-peace-to-reign/
I agree (but only for first class rulers)
Re: Kano: Dahiru Bauchi Advices Sunusi To Leave Throne For Peace To Reign by Creamypie(m): 7:06pm On May 26
atiku4President:
APC wey dey give ticket to people wey no buy form or contest primaries

3 Likes

Re: Kano: Dahiru Bauchi Advices Sunusi To Leave Throne For Peace To Reign by Ladiesdoctor(m): 7:42pm On May 26
The law has brought sanusi to power

1 Like

Re: Kano: Dahiru Bauchi Advices Sunusi To Leave Throne For Peace To Reign by CuriousCart(f): 8:36pm On May 26
I hate when there's conflict and so called peacemakers tell the educated or the more reasonable-looking party to back down because they are too scared of the ruffian party.

It's like separating a fight and holding only one person & allowing the other one to land blows.

This Dahiru man should shut up abeg.
Let him tell Ado Bayero to vacate for peace to reign.

Hypocrite oshi.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano: Dahiru Bauchi Advices Sunusi To Leave Throne For Peace To Reign by id4sho(m): 9:24pm On May 26
Animal talk, This one want to use god talk and cheat someone.
Everyone is his own soldier💯. Fighters will agree with me. Kill or be killed
Re: Kano: Dahiru Bauchi Advices Sunusi To Leave Throne For Peace To Reign by Curious345: 12:01am On May 27
See as Fulani dey use Hausa dey do ping pong
Re: Kano: Dahiru Bauchi Advices Sunusi To Leave Throne For Peace To Reign by magoo10(m): 6:40am On May 27
Rule of law has another meaning for apc bandits.
Action that has been passed and implemented by the kano state house of assembly.
Re: Kano: Dahiru Bauchi Advices Sunusi To Leave Throne For Peace To Reign by Praxis758: 7:13am On May 27
Can we have a situation where both Sanusi Lamido Sanusi and Ado Bayern will engage in physical combat or some incantation confrontation in an open square to determine who is stronger.

The winner would then assume the throne. This used to be the norm in the ancient era.
Re: Kano: Dahiru Bauchi Advices Sunusi To Leave Throne For Peace To Reign by Oracle411: 7:43am On May 27
Sanusi is too Desperate and too Corrupt to leave
He is irrelevant without it. He should be in jail
Re: Kano: Dahiru Bauchi Advices Sunusi To Leave Throne For Peace To Reign by lonecatt(m): 8:02am On May 27
Oracle411:
Sanusi is too Desperate and too Corrupt to leave
He is irrelevant without it. He should be in jail
how is he desperate,you collected his seat by force and he is happy to have it back.if it were you

(1) (Reply)

To All Nigerians Living In The US; Concerns Me Too / A Letter From Prof Pat Utomi / Will Those Canvassing For Secession Do So If There Is No Oil In Their Region

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.