Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,936 members, 7,863,312 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:04 PM

You Need To Read This Piece - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Need To Read This Piece (93 Views)

I Saw This Piece On FP / Boom! If You Read This Piece And Your Mind Is Not Angry With Goodluck Jonathan / Abike Dabiri Reacts To Video Of IGP Idris Struggling To Read Speech In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Need To Read This Piece by Darevofpeace(m): 8:44pm On May 26
Again, this is the headline of the Daily Times on Thursday, October 9, 1969, the day after Wole Soyinka was released from 22 months of imprisonment for advocating for Biafrans. Fifty-five years later, the children of those he fought for are insulting him and saying things like, 'You no go die better', 'Your father!' and 'Stomach Infrastructure'.

Peter Obi was eight years old on that day. He is one of the children Soyinka was fighting for. Wole Soyinka will be ninety in six weeks. Even if you cannot respect him for his age, at least revere him for what he did for some of our people and their parents when the whole world had abandoned them. Please fact-check me. Soyinka fought for food relief to be sent to Biafra.

Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed should consider this before threatening to "destroy" Professor Soyinka. If General Gowon, with fifty thousand soldiers, could not destroy Wole Soyinka, I seriously doubt that Baba-Ahmed can destroy the Nobel laureate even if he attacks with fifty thousand Obidients.

And to those saying Soyinka 'has no future' in Nigeria, please note that if not for men like Soyinka, who fought for justice and human rights, perhaps Peter Obi would not have had a future after the Nigerian Civil War.

As for stomach infrastructure, I encourage you to Google the prize money that comes with the Nobel Award. Money is the least of Soyinka's concerns.

Reno Omokri

Re: You Need To Read This Piece by vanbonattel: 8:44pm On May 26
As a younger man, Soyinka stood for to truth, as he got older, he became compromised and started changing from doing and saying the right things, he started supporting evil and standing with oppressors.

We are all ashamed of what Soyinka has turned into at his old age, he doesn't deserve to die as a supporter of oppressive regimes, after suffering to stand for the truth when he was younger.

Why am I even lecturing a daftus like Reno, is it that I don't know he is being paid to speak rubbish?
Re: You Need To Read This Piece by mightyhazel: 8:50pm On May 26
And now he can't stomach young people fighting for what they believe in..

Can't piece it together

(1) (Reply)

What Are Harvard Requirements For Granting Scholarships To Nigerian Students / Kogi Indigenes To EFCC: Don’t Allow Embittered, Ethnic Jingoists Lead You Astray / Must Nigerians Take Politics As A Reason 2 Be Heartless?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.