Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,957 members, 7,863,400 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:07 PM

Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi (41272 Views)

US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) / US Pastor, Jenkins: "I Love Women & Pussy" After He Was Caught At Strippers Club / Pastor Sam Adeyemi's View On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by FreeStuffsNG: 10:18pm On May 26
“We prayed fervently, sensing danger. Three hours later, I fell back asleep and had another dream.’’

The Senior Pastor of Daystar Christian Centre, Sam Adeyemi, has disclosed the rationale behind his relocation to the United States (US).

PREMIUM TIMES reported in 2020 that Mr Adeyemi was among prominent Nigerian clerics who condemned the police for using bullets and tear gas to disperse #EndSARS protesters.

In November 2020, a rights activist, Kenechukwu Okeke, filed a criminal complaint against Mr Adeyemi and 50 persons, including musicians Burna Boy, Tiwa Savage, and Davido, for their roles in the #EndSARS protests nationwide.

In contrast, Mr Okeke filed a countermotion with the Abuja High Court to dismiss their suit.

The lawyer alleged his property was destroyed during the protest and that the defendants who promoted it must be brought to justice.

In January 2021, a High Court in the Federal Capital Territory ordered Magistrate Omolola Akindele to halt the prosecution of Pastor Sam Adeyemi of Daystar Christian Centre, Burna Boy, Davido, Falz, activist Deji Adeyanju and others.

However, the 57-year-old pastor set the record straight in an interview with Channel TV’s Seun Okinbaloye on the ‘Mic podcast’ shared on YouTube Sunday.

He said: “When COVID-19 started, all our children were in the US, so everyone stayed with their families. We stayed with our children. The week services resumed was when EndSARS started, so we were preparing to return to Nigeria. When the EndSARS protests ended in violence, we stayed back a bit. When we were ready to return to Nigeria, a different experience altogether happened.

“My wife had a dream in which she travelled to Nigeria and returned to the US, which was a bad dream. I told her I wouldn’t say I liked this dream. Three days later, I had a dream. We both travelled to Nigeria in my dream, and I was in a big fight. I was being attacked violently and had to ask the Holy Spirit in my heart what to do. He said I should call the name of Jesus Christ. I shouted ‘in the name of Jesus Christ’ in the dream and didn’t realise I shouted out loud in real life.”

The anchor of the ‘Excellent Leadership’ programme, aired on Daystar Network Television and Word Network in the US, recounted how he shouted from the dream and woke up his wife, Pastor Nike.

“My wife woke me up at 2:00 a.m. by hitting me and asking what was going on. We decided to take it seriously, especially considering a dream we had three days earlier.

“We prayed fervently, sensing danger. Three hours later, I fell back asleep and had another dream. We were in Nigeria this time, and I was in a fight,” he added.

Return to Nigeria
Mr Adeyemi revealed that whenever they (him and his wife) set dates and booked flights to return to Nigeria, he would have a bad dream about something terrible happening to him there (Nigeria).

The author of Build Real Wealth: Practical Steps to Regain Financial Stability said he had never experienced two dreams about the same event in one night.

“A few days later, we called family members in Nigeria, and one person said, ‘I’m feeling very uncomfortable about you travelling to Nigeria.’ We called another family member who said, ‘I feel uncomfortable about you coming. What is going on?’ We just turned and looked at each other, pondering the situation. Then I said, ‘You know what? I’ve been a Christian for 40 years.’

“At this point, if God is speaking to me, I should have an idea that it is God speaking. Something is going on. I don’t know what it is, but I want to pray more. And at that point, we called a meeting of all the leaders in Daystar Christian Center, the top 120 leaders on Zoom.”

The President of Success Power International noted that he informed the elders of Daystar about the situation, and they agreed to keep the church running.

“They said you’ve never deceived us before. If God asks you to stay, stay as long as He directs. We’ll continue this journey”, Mr Adeyemi stated.

Daystar
The host of the radio and television ‘Success Power’ programme heard and seen in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East said he and his wife stayed in the US after the church leaders’ Zoom meeting.

“Six months, we were still in the US, one year, tearing me apart. I discovered that until COVID-19, I’d been out of Nigeria for eight weeks. To now be away when you had the church with 40,000 members”, he noted.

He added that the experience in the US highlighted Daystar’s strengths, including investments in training and established systems.

“I’m passionate about building systems so the church does not collapse. It is fantastic, and we call it an organisational miracle. It was almost three years before we had the Holy Spirit’s clearance to return to Nigeria.

“But what eventually the Holy Spirit would tell me was that he wanted me to shift my focus from just being the pastor of a local church to that global walk that I had known that I would do. So right now, the focus shift is to do that global walk while we keep Daystar running, leveraging technology.”

Daystar Christian Centre was established on 18 November 1995 to empower individuals to discover, develop, release, and maximise potential in God through the word.

The church has branches across Lagos State, such as Oregun Centre (the main branch), Lekki Centre, Ikorodu Centre, Alimosho Centre, Badagry Centre, and an online church.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/naija-fashion/697937-why-i-relocated-to-us-pastor-sam-adeyemi.html

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by FreeStuffsNG: 10:18pm On May 26
So right now, the focus shift is to do that global walk while we keep Daystar running, leveraging technology.”

This is the koko. I believe he got so used to the US during and after his graduate program on leadership there.

I remember his days on Radio Nigeria ,giving great inspirational speeches on success and leadership that touched a lot of us. If anyone told me that he will japa one day, especially when he was close to his 60th birthday, I would not believe it. I can imagine if everyone of us chose to stay put overseas. Who will build the great Nigeria he preached to us ?

I wish him all the best if he wants to run Daystar Church through Zoom and technology platforms.

There is probably a good reason he didn't choose to relocate to a third world even to run his graduate program.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

114 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by Racoon(m): 10:23pm On May 26
God can protect a pastor anymore? Meanwhile, they will be praying God's protection over the lives of the sheepie while they flee to civilize countries to enjoy.

Even when Elijah ran away from Jezebel for fear of his life, God brought him back to witness her gruesome disgrace and death. So shall your portion be if you also believe

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by Okoroawusa: 10:25pm On May 26
Anakogheri

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by Amotolongbo(f): 10:26pm On May 26
🤣🤣🤣

8 Likes

Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by Sannisege: 10:28pm On May 26
Pastor has dual citizenship but promoting violence in Nigeria.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by FreeStuffsNG: 10:34pm On May 26
Amotolongbo:
🤣🤣🤣
Honestly, it's not funny o. A whole Pastor Samuel Adeyemi japa? Smh

106 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by BATified2023: 10:51pm On May 26
Hope someone tells this pastor to register his church like every other business n b transparent with it cos to me this guy just dey eye dollars ooo

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by Amotolongbo(f): 10:55pm On May 26
FreeStuffsNG:
Honestly, it's not funny o. A whole Pastor Samuel Adeyemi japa? Smh
What is so special in it.

He is just a motivational speaker cashing out with the name of God. Motivational speakers sell their mouths and hardly practise what they say

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by PeterObi4LP: 11:03pm On May 26
Who will leave a sane country were all the system work and ran back to Nigeria to do what exactly? I won't try such

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by honeyB2018: 11:36pm On May 26
FreeStuffsNG:
Why I relocated to US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi

“We prayed fervently, sensing danger. Three hours later, I fell back asleep and had another dream.’’
By Friday Omosola May 26, 2024

The Senior Pastor of Daystar Christian Centre, Sam Adeyemi, has disclosed the rationale behind his relocation to the United States (US).

PREMIUM TIMES reported in 2020 that Mr Adeyemi was among prominent Nigerian clerics who condemned the police for using bullets and tear gas to disperse #EndSARS protesters.

In November 2020, a rights activist, Kenechukwu Okeke, filed a criminal complaint against Mr Adeyemi and 50 persons, including musicians Burna Boy, Tiwa Savage, and Davido, for their roles in
However, the celebrities filed a suit before a magistrate’s court seeking the dismissal of the charges.

In contrast, Mr Okeke filed a countermotion with the Abuja High Court to dismiss their suit.

Yahaya Bello vs EFCC

The lawyer alleged his property was destroyed during the protest and that the defendants who promoted it must be brought to justice.

In January 2021, a High Court in the Federal Capital Territory ordered Magistrate Omolola Akindele to halt the prosecution of Pastor Sam Adeyemi of Daystar Christian Centre, Burna Boy, Davido, Falz, activist Deji Adeyanju and others.

However, the 57-year-old pastor set the record straight in an interview with Channel TV’s Seun Okinbaloye on the ‘Mic podcast’ shared on YouTube Sunday.

He said: “When COVID-19 started, all our children were in the US, so everyone stayed with their families. We stayed with our children. The week services resumed was when EndSARS started, so we were preparing to return to Nigeria. When the EndSARS protests ended in violence, we stayed back a bit. When we were ready to return to Nigeria, a different experience altogether happened.

“My wife had a dream in which she travelled to Nigeria and returned to the US, which was a bad dream. I told her I wouldn’t say I liked this dream. Three days later, I had a dream. We both travelled to Nigeria in my dream, and I was in a big fight. I was being attacked violently and had to ask the Holy Spirit in my heart what to do. He said I should call the name of Jesus Christ. I shouted ‘in the name of Jesus Christ’ in the dream and didn’t realise I shouted out loud in real life.”

The anchor of the ‘Excellent Leadership’ programme, aired on Daystar Network Television and Word Network in the US, recounted how he shouted from the dream and woke up his wife, Pastor Nike.

“My wife woke me up at 2:00 a.m. by hitting me and asking what was going on. We decided to take it seriously, especially considering a dream we had three days earlier.

“We prayed fervently, sensing danger. Three hours later, I fell back asleep and had another dream. We were in Nigeria this time, and I was in a fight,” he added.

Return to Nigeria
Mr Adeyemi revealed that whenever they (him and his wife) set dates and booked flights to return to Nigeria, he would have a bad dream about something terrible happening to him there (Nigeria).

The author of Build Real Wealth: Practical Steps to Regain Financial Stability said he had never experienced two dreams about the same event in one night.

“A few days later, we called family members in Nigeria, and one person said, ‘I’m feeling very uncomfortable about you travelling to Nigeria.’ We called another family member who said, ‘I feel uncomfortable about you coming. What is going on?’ We just turned and looked at each other, pondering the situation. Then I said, ‘You know what? I’ve been a Christian for 40 years.’

“At this point, if God is speaking to me, I should have an idea that it is God speaking. Something is going on. I don’t know what it is, but I want to pray more. And at that point, we called a meeting of all the leaders in Daystar Christian Center, the top 120 leaders on Zoom.”

The President of Success Power International noted that he informed the elders of Daystar about the situation, and they agreed to keep the church running.

“They said you’ve never deceived us before. If God asks you to stay, stay as long as He directs. We’ll continue this journey”, Mr Adeyemi stated.

Daystar
The host of the radio and television ‘Success Power’ programme heard and seen in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East said he and his wife stayed in the US after the church leaders’ Zoom meeting.

“Six months, we were still in the US, one year, tearing me apart. I discovered that until COVID-19, I’d been out of Nigeria for eight weeks. To now be away when you had the church with 40,000 members”, he noted.

He added that the experience in the US highlighted Daystar’s strengths, including investments in training and established systems.

“I’m passionate about building systems so the church does not collapse. It is fantastic, and we call it an organisational miracle. It was almost three years before we had the Holy Spirit’s clearance to return to Nigeria.

“But what eventually the Holy Spirit would tell me was that he wanted me to shift my focus from just being the pastor of a local church to that global walk that I had known that I would do. So right now, the focus shift is to do that global walk while we keep Daystar running, leveraging technology.”

Daystar Christian Centre was established on 18 November 1995 to empower individuals to discover, develop, release, and maximise potential in God through the word.

The church has branches across Lagos State, such as Oregun Centre (the main branch), Lekki Centre, Ikorodu Centre, Alimosho Centre, Badagry Centre, and an online church.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/naija-fashion/697937-why-i-relocated-to-us-pastor-sam-adeyemi.html
Mynd44 nlfpmod

Kindly return all the tithes, offerings, first fruit,seed faith you collected from people, before going the way of Abel Damina.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by Eriokanmi: 11:38pm On May 26
BATified2023:
Hope someone tells this pastor to register his church like every other business n b transparent with it cos to me this guy just dey eye dollars ooo
I'm telling you. He said he has branches only in Lagos. I blame some Christians following this type of men of God. These are just prosperity preachers. What happens to his members back home?

What's bad in taking gospel to the local communities and propagating local evangelism? Why US? I read his interview earlier and felt so disgusted. Apparently he's there to make more money. There are lots of the so-called men of God whom God doesn't even recognise.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by Eriokanmi: 11:39pm On May 26
PeterObi4LP:
Who will leave a sane country were all the system work and ran back to Nigeria to do what exactly? I won't try such
But he made his billions here. What's he afraid of? Is he not a servant of God anymore? Any man of God who fears death is fake cos you're not supposed to love the world or be afraid of anything if you truly believe and trust God who called you.

During same covid-19, I had covid, I almost passed but God rescued me miraculously. No medication worked on me. I infected all members of my family, including my children. We all survived it. Fake pastors everywhere. Only God knows who's truly serving Him.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by b3llo(m): 11:40pm On May 26
Japa on everyones mind in Nigeria

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by Curious345: 11:57pm On May 26
God still speaks

2 Likes

Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by GreenxGreen: 11:59pm On May 26
grin

Japa wayo wayo grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by SoNature(m): 1:10am On May 27
Who wrote this article? What's the connection between one Kenechukwu Okeke taking a bunch of people to court with Pastor Sam Adeyemi choosing to stay in the US?

The truth of the matter is, many people who have what it takes to be established and thrive in saner countries wouldn't like to remain in Nigeria; just reading news about Nigeria can even piss you off!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by papyjaypaul: 1:58am On May 27
I am not a member of Daystar but I prefer him spreading good messages from Zoom than bad bad messages diaspora people do using internet and social platforms. The problem with Nigerians is that they always want a savior, what's my business if he japaAre you him Must he live your life Don't you have fathers brothers, uncles and friends to live up to Why must you use someone's life as your own Take his message and live your own life. The internet of today allows us to listen to motivational talks from Indians, Peruvians, Congolese and Russians.

Some people still want to listen to that message and a King is sometimes not recognized in his village, so he must go out.

His messages of hope are better than those of you who are filled with hate and negativity. Some people say who motivation epp? Who sadness and hate epp Some people enjoy it so if sadness makes you happy, stay there. I have listened to this man on TV a couple of times and he talks sensibly.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by huptin(m): 2:04am On May 27
But you don't have bad dreams when collecting tithes from Nigeria?

These things are criminal, you will collect money from Nigerians who have no options but to stay here while you hide in America to spend it.

Isn't that wickedness? I mean Davido and Burna boy, that you call worldly people have enough balls to come back but you pastor ran away....Despite the plans of the enemy for Jesus to crucify him, did he run? If he did would his earthly ministry be successful?

I blame the worshippers in your church....there exists no bigger fool than them. Your father land has now become untouchable to your feet due to cowardice....cowards die a million times....if I were to be your child I won't be happy to call you father.

Pastor, You have no shame.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by Abee79(m): 2:06am On May 27
I used to hold this Pastor in high esteem. But again, I'm reminded that he's just a man and (like all normal men) he also has to look out for his own interests first 🤐

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by Sapasenator: 2:52am On May 27
Eriokanmi:
I'm telling you. He said he has branches only in Lagos. I blame some Christians following this type of men of God. These are just prosperity preachers. What happens to his members back home?

What's bad in taking gospel to the local communities and propagating local evangelism? Why US? I read his interview earlier and felt so disgusting. Apparently he's there to make more money. There are lots of the so-called men of God whom God doesn't even recognise.

Why are you surprised?
Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by Blazetrailer: 3:40am On May 27
Bloody scammer...dont blame him though. Who would leave sanity for insanity, even with your billions....Nigeria is an insane world

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by udomonday: 5:47am On May 27
He is the only pastor that makes a little sense to me.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by chatinent: 5:55am On May 27
I think we are above this brainwashing.

This is where all the lie started from:

But what eventually the Holy Spirit would tell me was that he wanted me to shift my focus from just being the pastor of a local church to that global walk...

The holy spirit in the Bible was never a person.

All pastors lie, but you bagged a Grammy.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by Writervick(m): 6:09am On May 27
Money is good oo
Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by AcadaWriter: 6:13am On May 27
Anakogheri

1 Like

Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by EchoEnigma: 6:34am On May 27
FreeStuffsNG:
Why I relocated to US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi

By Friday Omosola May 26, 2024

In November 2020, a rights activist, Kenechukwu Okeke, filed a criminal complaint against Mr Adeyemi and 50 persons, including musicians Burna Boy, Tiwa Savage, and Davido, for their roles in
However, the celebrities filed a suit before a magistrate’s court seeking the dismissal of the charges.

Yahaya Bello vs EFCC

Return to Nigeria

Daystar

Mynd44 nlfpmod
All this dreaming and dreaming no necessary. You both had it in mind, all your kids are there who would you go back to in Nigeria? As a pastor you can easily start up a new branch over there, you can continue with virtual service with your congregation in Nigeria. Also, during this period it felt like Nigeria was going to burn, no one would want to come back if they had a choice. It is no brainer that your sub-conscious mind was ready to make USA home.

14 Likes

Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by RickyJesus: 6:40am On May 27
FreeStuffsNG:
So right now, the focus shift is to do that global walk while we keep Daystar running, leveraging technology.”

This is the koko. I believe he got so used to the US during and after his graduate program on leadership there.

I remember his days on Radio Nigeria ,giving great inspirational speeches on success and leadership that touched a lot of us. If anyone told me that he will japa one day, especially when he was close to his 60th birthday, I would not believe it. I can imagine if everyone of us chose to stay put overseas. Who will build the great Nigeria he preached to us ?

I wish him all the best if he wants to run Daystar Church through Zoom and technology platforms.

There is probably a good reason he didn't choose to relocate to a third world even to run his graduate program.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

You funny oh, all the reasons that lead to why he decide to stay back is literally on your original post but you choose a reason that was not mention in the article as a reason why he decide to stay back.

What's your problem Mr Man? But your other point is solid.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by RickyJesus: 6:45am On May 27
BATified2023:
That one na him right as long as churches are not being taxed.
Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by RickyJesus: 6:47am On May 27
honeyB2018:

Kindly return all the tithes, offerings, first fruit,seed faith you collected from people, before going the way of Abel Damina.
Dey play, dey go still dey remit to am.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by MICHEALADEX(m): 6:51am On May 27
They should stop all this talk

Pastor Sam had COVID that period

Fatoyinbo had cancer he too hide himself for so long.
Re: Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi by RickyJesus: 6:55am On May 27
Eriokanmi:
But he made his billions here. What's he afraid of? Is he not a servant of God anymore? Any man of God who fears death is fake cos you're not supposed to love the world or be afraid of anything if you truly believe and trust God who called you.

During same covid-19, I had covid, I almost passed but God rescued me miraculously. No medication worked on me. I infected all members of my family, including my children. We all survived it. Fake pastors everywhere. Only God knows who's truly serving Him.
It's the same God that he is using to justify why he decide to stay after series of prayers and strange dreams (as Sam Harris would say, prayer is like playing tennis without the net; you win either way).

What was God trying to prove by not Miraculously prevent you and your family from contacting Covid in the first place, why allow you to suffer just to save you at the last hour after such intense pain. Is he trying to toughen you up or something? Oh God works in mysterious ways. What a joke angry

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Lazarus Muoka Visits 195 Army Headquarters In Borno State / Thread For Members Of The Celestial Church Of Christ. Halleluyah! / Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.