Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,984 members, 7,863,507 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:13 PM

CBN Announces New Customs Exchange Rate, Importers To Pay More To Clear Goods - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Announces New Customs Exchange Rate, Importers To Pay More To Clear Goods (159 Views)

CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) / CBN announces unification of FX windows, stops Naira4Dollar scheme / CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Announces New Customs Exchange Rate, Importers To Pay More To Clear Goods by house10studios: 4:50am On May 27
CBN Announces New Customs Dollar Exchange Rate, Importers To Pay More To Clear Goods

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has hiked the exchange rates for cargo clearance at the nation's ports and airports.

According to information on the official trade portal of the Nigerian Customs Service(NCS), the CBN increased the Customs dollar rate to N1,480.619 on Sunday,

How customs determine the exchange rate In a recent report, Abdullahi Maiwada, NCS Spokesperson, explained that the CBN determine the exchange rates of import duty collection and not market forces.

He noted that importers transact their businesses in dollars, which required them to obtain “Form M” from the CBN. According to the NCS spokesperson, the service collects duty on imported items using the prevailing rate for its calculations, while exporters use the Nigerian Export Proceed (NXP) form to repatriate their earnings.

The increase in the customs exchange rate reflects the naira's performance in the official market.

FMDQ securities report that in the Nigerian Autonomous Foreign Exchange Market (NAFEM) which is also the official market, Nigerian currency ended the week on Friday, May 24 at N1,482,81/$1.

Peter Obi reacted to the latest changes and expressed concerns that they could kill many businesses. He further advised the government on actions to help the naira recover against the US dollar.

https://www.madfind.com.ng/2024/05/cbn-announces-new-customs-dollar.html

Re: CBN Announces New Customs Exchange Rate, Importers To Pay More To Clear Goods by Greyworld: 5:10am On May 27
We are getting there.
Re: CBN Announces New Customs Exchange Rate, Importers To Pay More To Clear Goods by IamANigerianMan: 6:14am On May 27
This cbn governor is the most confused human being on earth, this man economy is still base on multhus theory... I blame myself when I was begged to join soldier I refused, just gather like another ten mad soldiers like you, pursue them from Aso rock, four would be at Radio Nigeria to announce you have overthrown useless demo crazy.

1 Like

Re: CBN Announces New Customs Exchange Rate, Importers To Pay More To Clear Goods by okosodo: 7:21am On May 27
Upon the one buhari did.
Re: CBN Announces New Customs Exchange Rate, Importers To Pay More To Clear Goods by Holyfic: 7:33am On May 27
grin grin baba de for dor use money blind your heart
IamANigerianMan:
This cbn governor is the most confused human being on earth, this man economy is still base on multhus theory... I blame myself when I was begged to join soldier I refused, just gather like another ten mad soldiers like you, pursue them from Aso rock, four would be at Radio Nigeria to announce you have overthrown useless demo crazy.
Re: CBN Announces New Customs Exchange Rate, Importers To Pay More To Clear Goods by house10studios: 12:33pm On May 27
okosodo:
Upon the one buhari did.
it's to make d poor breath

(1) (Reply)

Ship Your Packages To The US, UK And Canada At The Best Prices / NDIC Commences Liquidation Of Heritage Bank Plc / Employee Loans For Employees Through Key 360 By Sterling Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.