Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,984 members, 7,863,505 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:05 PM

Police Launch Hunt For Man With "Hamas" Soccer Kit In London - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Police Launch Hunt For Man With "Hamas" Soccer Kit In London (158 Views)

Israel PM, Benjamin Netanyahu Visits Troops In Gaza Strip Amid War With Hamas / Israel Vows To Attack Iran If Hezbollah Joins The War With Hamas / Moment Mali President, Assimi Goïta Was Attacked By A Man With A Knife (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Police Launch Hunt For Man With "Hamas" Soccer Kit In London by cl0r0x: 10:06am On May 27
A soccer fan wearing a Manchester United shirt with "Hamas" printed on the back, alongside the number seven, was spotted parading through London, prompting outrage and a police investigation

The incident occurred near Oxford Circus tube station on Friday afternoon.

A Jewish man, who chose to remain anonymous, expressed his shock and offense after seeing the man in the offensive jersey.

He reported that the shirt appeared to be newly printed and feared that the number seven might reference the October 7 attacks against Israel, carried out by Hamas, a designated terrorist organization in the UK.

"I was walking to collect some shoes and saw this guy. I thought it was pretty unbelievable - no one was reacting or seemed to notice," the onlooker told the Daily Mail.

"I followed him for about two minutes and took photos. I think he was aware I was taking photos of him, but didn't seem to care."

The man questioned whether "Hamas" could have been the individual's surname but deemed this unlikely, considering the strong association with the terrorist organization.

Even if it was his surname, surely he would have been aware of the association," he added. "Wearing the name of a terrorist organization is really shocking. I was very offended, especially as the number seven could have been in reference to the October 7 attacks."

The onlooker reported the matter to the police, who confirmed they are actively searching for the individual.

"On Friday, 24 May police received a call from a member of the public reporting that a man was walking in Oxford Street, W1 wearing a football shirt with an offensive message on it. Enquiries are under way to try and identify the man," the Metropolitan Police said in a statement.

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/international/europe/artc-police-launch-hunt-for-man-with-hamas-soccer-kit-in-london

Re: Police Launch Hunt For Man With "Hamas" Soccer Kit In London by illicit(m): 10:07am On May 27
They shd Hamas his head for him

🤕
Re: Police Launch Hunt For Man With "Hamas" Soccer Kit In London by tuzeriouz(m): 2:01pm On May 27
He should be profile ASAP. H should be banned from Old Trafford

(1) (Reply)

How Joe Biden 'broke OPEC' and rewrote the rules for oil trading / Trump Asks Supreme Court To Overturn Obamacare / Judiciary: Necessary Battle Front In War Of African Independence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.