Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2320210 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) ... (3491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by collinometricx: 8:54am On Dec 12, 2017
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by collinometricx: 9:15am On Dec 12, 2017
Ties to be played February 15 and 22.

Europa League Round Of 32 Draw

Borussia Dortmund vs. Atalanta

Nice vs. Lokomotiv Moscow

FC Copenhagen vs. Atletico Madrid

Spartak Moscow vs. Athletic Bilbao

AEK Athens vs. Dynamo Kiev

Celtic vs. Zenit St Petersburg

Napoli vs. RB Leipzig

Red Star Belgrade vs. CSKA Moscow

Lyon vs. Villarreal

Real Sociedad vs. Red Bull Salzburg

Partizan Belgrade vs. Viktoria Plzen

FCSB vs. Lazio

Ludogorets Razgrad vs. AC Milan

Astana vs. Sporting Lisbon

Ostersunds FK vs. Arsenal

Marseille vs. Braga.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:37am On Dec 12, 2017
raumdeuter:
spy360 how is your Pep hate working for you
I have not said he is not good. I only said he has not been tested. Yearly coaches come up with tactical innovations that drive their teams to success. Conte did it last year, this is Pep's turn.

That said, I think he is a very good manager tactically; may be the best.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 1:00pm On Dec 12, 2017
Spy360:

I have not said he is not good. I only said he has not been tested. Yearly coaches come up with tactical innovations that drive their teams to success. Conte did it last year, this is Pep's turn.

Eruditor, ipopalomo

every knee must bow and every togue confess that Pep is the best

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 1:08pm On Dec 12, 2017
raumdeuter:

Eruditor, ipopalomo

keep kwayet
let the season end b4 you turn amala again angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:46pm On Dec 12, 2017
sod09:
keep kwayet let the season end b4 you turn amala again angry
Nor mind the guy, him just dey draw words from my mouth.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Skimpledawg(m): 6:00pm On Dec 12, 2017
Spy360:

You con dey vomit every every... cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:35pm On Dec 12, 2017
Spy360:

I Sabi am... cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 6:40pm On Dec 12, 2017
Spy360:

How is Conte's tactical innovation helping him this season?? Abeg he didn't do shît last season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:46pm On Dec 12, 2017
Lana1:
How is Conte's tactical innovation helping him this season?? Abeg he didn't do shît last season
He reintroduced that back three formation to the PL that led Chelsea to 13 straight wins and title.

Pep has done well playing two playmakers in the middle, with possession football. Thats good tactics, and he is on a 14 match winning streak. Whether he succeeds with it next season is a different matter.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 7:03pm On Dec 12, 2017
Spy360:

He reintroduced that back three formation to the PL that led Chelsea to 13 straight wins and title.
Why is the back 3 not carrying him on another 13 win streak??

The only catalyst in Conte's triumph last season was he had the least games to play. He got knocked out of Carling Cup early. And had an average of 4 games per month and 7 days rest between each match. Plus maybe Kante.

Now compare that to 7/8 games per month every 3 days.
So tell me why he hasn't been able to replicate last season's success??
No wonder the guy has been complaining about how tight the fixture schedule is to save face....

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eruditor: 9:59am On Dec 13, 2017
raumdeuter:

Eruditor, ipopalomo

No need to gloat; we already knew he would spank the league. Me I am praying for lucky draws so he can atleast get to the UCL final too.

The insult he receives is why I am extra sympathetic to his plight. It is always a "tactical masterclass" when Mou wins Tottenham scruffily. But Pep will run circles around Mou and still be called a fraud.

I mean, Mou tried to use Herrera and Matic to man mark Silva and KDB. Pep moved Raheem to play false 9 and Mou's plan crumbled. Matic did not know who to mark between Raheem and KDB and United lost the counter offense they had planned.

Then pseudo analysts came on NL to say they won by luck or Lukaku assisted this or that United were afraid. They won't see that they were played off the park. I blame Bernardo Silva for scuffing 2 clear chances.

Notice how they have gone back to the argument of him spending money to win. Which is what I said they would always do. Very soon (say next season) the argument would be that any coach could have coached City to win the league and that he did nothing special.

Nobody will remember how well City made every other team park the bus. Every team thus far.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:20pm On Dec 13, 2017
451 wilshere and giroud starts
Me kola injured this doesn't feel good
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 13, 2017
Wenger goes back to 4-2-3-1 and decides to start Giroud what stops him from trying Lacazette in this system.?
This is where I have problems with this man.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 13, 2017
Wenger has destroyed this club, hian!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by tesppidd: 10:53pm On Dec 13, 2017
Wey dem?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by otokx(m): 11:02pm On Dec 13, 2017
tesppidd:
Wey dem?

dem dey for road.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chrisley024(m): 11:10pm On Dec 13, 2017
Wailing FC
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:13am On Dec 14, 2017
Lana1:

Why is the back 3 not carrying him on another 13 win streak??

The only catalyst in Conte's triumph last season was he had the least games to play. He got knocked out of Carling Cup early. And had an average of 4 games per month and 7 days rest between each match. Plus maybe Kante.

Now compare that to 7/8 games per month every 3 days.
So tell me why he hasn't been able to replicate last season's success??
No wonder the guy has been complaining about how tight the fixture schedule is to save face....
True sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:22am On Dec 14, 2017
Eruditor:

No need to gloat; we already knew he would spank the league. Me I am praying for lucky draws so he can atleast get to the UCL final too.

The insult he receives is why I am extra sympathetic to his plight. It is always a "tactical masterclass" when Mou wins Tottenham scruffily. But Pep will run circles around Mou and still be called a fraud.

I mean, Mou tried to use Herrera and Matic to man mark Silva and KDB. Pep moved Raheem to play false 9 and Mou's plan crumbled. Matic did not know who to mark between Raheem and KDB and United lost the counter offense they had planned.

Then pseudo analysts came on NL to say they won by luck or Lukaku assisted this or that United were afraid. They won't see that they were played off the park. I blame Bernardo Silva for scuffing 2 clear chances.

Notice how they have gone back to the argument of him spending money to win. Which is what I said they would always do. Very soon (say next season) the argument would be that any coach could have coached City to win the league and that he did nothing special.

Nobody will remember how well City made every other team park the bus. Every team thus far.
Except Arsenal though @ emboldened.

Pep has been master class this season. I give praise to whom it is due and Pep deserves his.

My point hitherto was that he has not been tested in a league where one team doesn't hold dominance. I think he is on a run to pass the first stage of that test (actually winning the league). The second stage is to sustain it.

So the question is, if after winning the league, can Pep hold dominance in the EPL like he did at Barca and Bayern?

Honestly I think he can, but would he? Only time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 11:55am On Dec 14, 2017
Please who knows what Luis Enrique is up to these days ?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 12:07pm On Dec 14, 2017
edoyad:
grin grin

Wenger is here to stay. Better sit down and get comfortable....

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 12:11pm On Dec 14, 2017
2 points in the last 3 games. And comfortably sitting in 7th position, 1 point behind Burnley.

Na una be the new 6th FC. Will be a miracle if Arsenal even make top 4 this yr...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 12:22pm On Dec 14, 2017
edoyad:

Sorry bro Arsene is here to stay , Life contract grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:32am On Dec 16, 2017
Alexis Sanchez has been on a very poor form recently. He can't dribble, or keep the ball, delays his pass annoyingly, when he passes he overhits it, he can't score anymore. He is useless to us right now. I think he should leave by Jan. Let's get us some young talent willing to play for us.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by purplekayc(m): 8:27am On Dec 16, 2017
collinometricx:
Ties to be played February 15 and 22.

Europa League Round Of 32 Draw

Borussia Dortmund vs. Atalanta

Nice vs. Lokomotiv Moscow

FC Copenhagen vs. Atletico Madrid

Spartak Moscow vs. Athletic Bilbao

AEK Athens vs. Dynamo Kiev

Celtic vs. Zenit St Petersburg

Napoli vs. RB Leipzig

Red Star Belgrade vs. CSKA Moscow

Lyon vs. Villarreal

Real Sociedad vs. Red Bull Salzburg

Partizan Belgrade vs. Viktoria Plzen

FCSB vs. Lazio

Ludogorets Razgrad vs. AC Milan

Astana vs. Sporting Lisbon

Ostersunds FK vs. Arsenal

Marseille vs. Braga.
guess arsenal were lucky.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 1:53pm On Dec 16, 2017
purplekayc:
guess arsenal were lucky.
not yet round of 16 will decide
After all that is the focal point
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:02pm On Dec 16, 2017
Koscielny-Monreal partnership is like Eba and stew. You know you don't like it but you can't help it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 16, 2017
Back to 4-2-3-1 let’s hope we start getting the results
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:25pm On Dec 16, 2017
What a goal by the magician. Great timing, exquisite technique in a perfect volley leads to a beautiful goal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 16, 2017
Would have preferred Welbeck to Iwobi on the right flank though, meanwhile Niles looks promising.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:29pm On Dec 16, 2017
Goal. Ozil.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) ... (3491) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.