Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,196 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2325374 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1284) (1285) (1286) (1287) (1288) (1289) (1290) ... (3497) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hardetayour: 9:35am On Sep 05, 2018
Spy360:

Bros with due respect, how long have you been watching football? You can have TWO target men if you want.
Though for the case in question, Aubameyang prefers to play off a target man due to his superior pace and positioning.

As for Henry, agreed he has more skills than both strikers we have now, but generally your igwe was still average. Against Madrid at Benabeu, it was his pace that got him past the defenders rather than pure skills.
Igwe was average? Guy u no dey watch Ball. Na ratings u dey watch after match

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 05, 2018
KevinDein:

Maybe Emery intends to slowly ease him into the team. In any case Torreira's performance so far should see him start games; but along with Xhaka in place of Guendouzi. The kid is very talented and has the potential to be a great midfielder one day but he lacks positional discipline at the moment.
seconded
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:30pm On Sep 05, 2018
patrickmuf:
If you must play two CF, then you should have flying wingers and two very good CMs with ability to defend and pass the ball effortlessly e.g Modric and Kante but you don't have such quality wingers in Arsenal so, playing 2 CFs is like harming yourself...
As for Henry's goal at the Bernabeu, it wasn't all pace as you think, it takes a special skills to move with the ball at pace, Auba has pace but he would struggle to score that goal every day...
You got it spot on. To play two CFs you need wingers. In fact, Wenger has used two CFs till he lost his senses. Henry-Bergkamp, Henry-Kanu, Henry - Wilford, etc.

But you can also use wingbacks.. this is modern day football.

I have always felt Emery should play a 3-5-2. It covers our strengths and weaknesses.

Fkhalifa can see that two CFs is possible.

As for Henry, I have never argued he isn't a better player than Auba. And the goal against Madrid was a beauty. But that is a one off. Even that was pace at work not skills.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:35pm On Sep 05, 2018
Hardetayour:
Igwe was average? Guy u no dey watch Ball. Na ratings u dey watch after match
Don't misquote me and yarn bulls OK
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:39pm On Sep 05, 2018
KevinDein:

Maybe Emery intends to slowly ease him into the team. In any case Torreira's performance so far should see him start games; but along with Xhaka in place of Guendouzi. The kid is very talented and has the potential to be a great midfielder one day but he lacks positional discipline at the moment.
He could pair with Guendouzi or Xhaka, but he needs to start.

I feel Emery is showing respect to Xhaka being one of his 5 captains. But it could cost him.

Xhaka is a decent player though in the right set up.

That is why I say play 352, let the wingbacks do the running while he sits to defend and pass the ball up, which he is quite good at.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:33pm On Sep 05, 2018
Spy360:

You got it spot on. To play two CFs you need wingers. In fact, Wenger has used two CFs till he lost his senses. Henry-Bergkamp, Henry-Kanu, Henry - Wilford, etc.

I have always felt Emery should play a 3-5-2. It covers our strengths and weaknesses.

As for Henry, I have never argued he isn't a better player than Auba. And the goal against Madrid was a beauty. But that is a one off. Even that was pace at work not skills.
That invicible team was a madt team, Each player in every position were top class,highly talented,mobile,strong and hard hearted...442 was perfect for them....

Our current crop of off sexy boys are far from it.

I agree 352 will suit Auba and laca., and it will be even better if either of them can be Henri like on the ball.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:37pm On Sep 05, 2018
Özil has proven his class everywhere he has been. In fact, Mesut Özil remains the only player to have been the top assist provider in:
��Bundesliga
��La Liga
�������Premier league
�Champions league
�Europa league
�European championships
�World cup

Mr. Consistent

I saw the above on a watsaap GC, if the info there is true, don't we think ozil's criticism have gone over the bar?

I think the guys lack of pace and strength in him and around him makes him struggle in English football.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:18am On Sep 06, 2018
Fkhalifa:
That invicible team was a madt team, Each player in every position were top class,highly talented,mobile,strong and hard hearted...442 was perfect for them....

Our current crop of off sexy boys are far from it.

I agree 352 will suit Auba and laca., and it will be even better if either of them can be Henri like on the ball.
lol @ sexy boys grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:46am On Sep 06, 2018
Spy360:

lol @ sexy boys grin
its the truth na, tell me if the following aren't sexy pretty boys:
Bellerin
Holding
Geundozi
Xhaka
Ozil
Iwobi
Aubameyang
Nelson
Ramsey
Nketiah.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:06am On Sep 06, 2018
Fkhalifa:
Özil has proven his class everywhere he has been. In fact, Mesut Özil remains the only player to have been the top assist provider in:
��Bundesliga
��La Liga
�������Premier league
�Champions league
�Europa league
�European championships
�World cup

Mr. Consistent

I saw the above on a watsaap GC, if the info there is true, don't we think ozil's criticism have gone over the bar?

I think the guys lack of pace and strength in him and around him makes him struggle in English football.
Only untrained eyes would ignore Ozil's contribution in a game.

Ozil typically is the kind of player that actually contributes little but those little contributions usually have huge significance.

Again one stat people especially Mumu pundits ignore is the fact that Ozil actually is among the highest in distance covered.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:28am On Sep 06, 2018
Fkhalifa:
its the truth na, tell me if the following aren't sexy pretty boys:
Bellerin
Holding
Geundozi
Xhaka
Ozil
Iwobi
Aubameyang
Nelson
Ramsey
Nketiah.
No wonder many babes are Arsenal fans... grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:06am On Sep 06, 2018
Fkhalifa:
��Bundesliga
��La Liga
�������Premier league
�Champions league
�Europa league
�European championships
�World cup

Mr. Consistent

this is what loser use in consoling one's self,ozil is this and that yet he disappear when his team needs him or big match
Spy360:

Only untrained eyes would ignore Ozil's contribution in a game.

Ozil typically is the kind of player that actually contributes little but those little contributions usually have huge significance.

Again one stat people especially Mumu pundits ignore is the fact that Ozil actually is among the highest in distance covered.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by deecis(m): 7:12pm On Sep 06, 2018
BONANZA FOR NEW AND EXISTING SUBSCRIBERS

VISIT THE LINK ON MY SIGNATURE AND REGISTER

OR VISIT WWW. STAKETOWIN .COM
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hardetayour: 8:37pm On Sep 07, 2018
Spy360:

Never ever put Henry and Auba in the same sentence again. Ever and ever. Henry had everything. The pace, the skills, the finishing, the strength to go with it.

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hardetayour: 10:01pm On Sep 07, 2018
This Spy guy dey talk rubbish Sha. He say Henry goal against Madrid na one off. What of the one against Tottenham or against Liverpool where he made Caraggher useless.

Some people go dey read stats after match sey dem dey watch ball.

Oteh!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eruditor: 11:33pm On Sep 07, 2018
Hardetayour:
Never ever put Henry and Auba in the same sentence again. Ever and ever. Henry had everything. The pace, the skills, the finishing, the strength to go with it.

TBH.

I was in shock.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 11:53pm On Sep 07, 2018
Hardetayour:

They say everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion but I am dumbfounded and disappointed in so many ways with what I am reading from Spy.
Even Henry’s biggest critics would not dare such. I stopped reading after the gaffe about the Madrid goal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 12:07am On Sep 08, 2018
The closest we have had in terms of pure skill, consistency , technique and finishing after Henry has been RVP in my own opinion. None of the current crop we have as strikers is anywhere near what Henry was in his prime even when he went to Barca. He was LEGENDARY and that should be respected.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by TalabiAudu: 8:59am On Sep 08, 2018
grin
Sperm360 don goof
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 08, 2018
Gave up on dude the day he said we are now envying Giroud since he left.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:49pm On Sep 08, 2018
Hardetayour:

Aubameyang has a better strike rate than Henry.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 12:54pm On Sep 08, 2018
Spy360:

Aubameyang has a better strike rate than Henry.
okay you need to calm down, I'm beginning to take you serious
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:57pm On Sep 08, 2018
I can give you guys enough bullshit to feed on.
Somebody misquoted me and everyone is having a hard on.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:04pm On Sep 08, 2018
sod09:
okay you need to calm down, I'm beginning to take you serious
I never said Auba was as good as Henry. I only pointed out that both have similar play patterns in that they both depend on their speed and positioning. That was after we discussed having him pair Lacazette upfront, not as a winger but as CF. I wasn't even comparing the two. I was only looking at how both play the game.

Mind you, when a foolish boy wants foolish talk, I have loads of them to feed him with.

Kokaneprodigy and hardetayour take note.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 1:55pm On Sep 08, 2018
Spy360:

I never said Auba was as good as Henry. I only pointed out that both have similar play patterns in that they both depend on their speed and positioning. That was after we discussed having him pair Lacazette upfront, not as a winger but as CF. I wasn't even comparing the two. I was only looking at how both play the game.

Mind you, when a foolish boy wants foolish talk, I have loads of them to feed him with.

lol...it's good you clear yourself now
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hardetayour: 4:54pm On Sep 08, 2018
Roland17:

They say everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion but I am dumbfounded and disappointed in some many ways with what I am reading from Spy.
Even Henry’s biggest critics would not dare such. I stopped reading after the gaffe about the Madrid goal.
He keeps talking rubbish everytime. I just had to defend my IGWE
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hardetayour: 4:56pm On Sep 08, 2018
Spy360:

You're the one that keeps loading this thread with rubbish.

You'll just open mouth and rubbish would be coming out. Oteh

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 08, 2018
Hardetayour:

Spy cheesy grin dunno where he gets his supplies from.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:33pm On Sep 08, 2018
Hardetayour:

As a mad man, those rubbish are meant for you to feed on. Ewu.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hardetayour: 3:09pm On Sep 09, 2018
Spy360:

As a mad man, those rubbish are meant for you to feed on. Ewu.
You resort to petty abuses when u know it's rubbish that's inside that your brain
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
Hardetayour:
You resort to petty abuses when u know it's rubbish that's inside that your brain
Well I fed you same rubbish and you gulped it all in like a goat. Keep feeding on my rubbish dump Mad man.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hardetayour: 9:14pm On Sep 11, 2018
Spy360:

Well I fed you same rubbish and you gulped it all in like a goat. Keep feeding on my rubbish dump Mad man.
LOL. Gulp? I was waiting for you to drop more garbage so I'll stop u in your tracks cos we're all tired of your stupidity

(1) (2) (3) ... (1284) (1285) (1286) (1287) (1288) (1289) (1290) ... (3497) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: MrJaay(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.