Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2324557 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1510) (1511) (1512) (1513) (1514) (1515) (1516) ... (3496) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:44pm On Aug 08, 2019
A deal sheet for Luiz was submitted before the deadline so I believe that the deal will be completed.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by AAA593: 5:45pm On Aug 08, 2019
Roland17:

He can reject it and not get first-team playing time which would make his stock drop heading into next summer. Iwobi needs to be playing regular football and Arsenal needed to cash in because they are convinced the team is too loaded to accommodate Iwobi in his preferred role which is the CM/AM.

Personally, I had more expectations/ heights for Iwobi which he failed to achieve at Arsenal especially when you consider the amount of playing time he enjoyed. With that being said, at 23, he can still mature and improve with a lot of his deficiencies.
When we gave dead woods lik ozil, miki etc
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 5:49pm On Aug 08, 2019
Is like we alot of fans plus officials forgot that one of our bane is injuries and lack of squad depth. Forget hot and cold, Iwobi have come through for us many times. We have many games to play , even an iwob,sub and Pepe front three should be wat we should be talking about
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:50pm On Aug 08, 2019
AAA593:

When we gave dead woods lik ozil, miki etc

Those are more difficult contracts to move because of the salaries involved. Iwobi is younger and the deal was just too good for Arsenal to turn down, his valuation may not get higher than that again. Iwobi has an opportunity to compete for a place in the middle of the park for Everton which is his preferred position.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:53pm On Aug 08, 2019
That was how we were crying foul on Ramsey just because he had a good few months..we forget easily how these players were part of the losers wengay parade about

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:55pm On Aug 08, 2019
grin

See as Ìwobi suddenly turn world footballer of the year for everybody eyes o. Abegi!

Ìwobi has had his chance and to be fair he hasn't been exceptional to make himself indispensable.

I don't see why any fan should Lose sleep cos he was sold jare

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:58pm On Aug 08, 2019
johnjunior39:
Is like we alot of fans plus officials forgot that one of our bane is injuries and lack of squad depth. Forget hot and cold, Iwobi have come through for us many times. We have many games to play , even an iwob,sub and Pepe front three should be wat we should be talking about

You can not "forget hot or cold" when there is competition for places in the new Arsenal. The squad depth is better than what it used to be and selling Iwobi proves Emery wants to establish Nelson (a true winger) on the left side even if it means starting from the bench.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 6:02pm On Aug 08, 2019
Roland17:

You can not "forget hot or cold" when there is competition for places in the new Arsenal. The squad depth is better than what it used to be and selling Iwobi proves Emery wants to establish Nelson (a true winger) on the left side even if it means starting from the Bench.

Iwobi was a project, trained by us and still producing some fruits. We can't be too sure of Nelson , Saka and Martinelli. In a 4-2-3-1 formation, auba is a waste on the left wing. Only if countinho is coming then it could make sense but we are regretting this one
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:11pm On Aug 08, 2019
johnjunior39:

Iwobi was a project, trained by us and still producing some fruits. We can't be too sure of Nelson , Saka and Martinelli. In a 4-2-3-1 formation, auba is a waste on the left wing. Only if countinho is coming then it could make sense but we are regretting this one

A project at 23? My brother that is not how Arsenal roll. If at 23 an academy product has not become an established first-team player/ starter, you are going on loan or are sold. I can give you a long list of academy players who were sold because they failed to transition into the first 11 or regular squad player. Saka has shown more promise and talent than Iwobi has done, in fact, I dare say Saka is more talented than Iwobi and if managed properly, we may have a very very good player. Have you noticed that there are no talks about a loan move for him? Nelson is a true winger, a left-wing one at that and Iwobi is not. Nelson went on loan and has returned with better hunger and is going to compete for that left-wing. Iwobi is a midfielder (CM/AM) and the depth chart for these positions is stacked. Finally, 40m is a lot of money to overlook for Arsenal especially as we try to rebuild our finances and stabilize the team.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 6:16pm On Aug 08, 2019
Spy360:
We need a CB but not the Luis type. We need someone who can stand firm, not a marauding porcupine. Chai! Those days of Sol Campbell.
Marauding porcupine grin grin

Airmark will not like this

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:21pm On Aug 08, 2019
Roland17:

A project at 23? My brother that is not how Arsenal roll. If at 23 an academy product has not become an established first-team player/ starter, you are going on loan or are sold. I can give you a long list of academy players who were sold because they failed to transition into the first 11 or regular squad player. Saka has shown more promise and talent than Iwobi has done, in fact, I dare say Saka is more talented than Iwobi and if managed properly, we may have a very very good player. Have you noticed that there are no talks about a loan move for him? Nelson is a true winger, a left-wing one at that and Iwobi is not. Nelson went on loan and has returned with better hunger and is going to compete for that left-wing. Iwobi is a midfielder (CM/AM) and the depth chart for these positions is stacked. Finally, 40m is a lot of money to overlook for Arsenal especially as we try to rebuild our finances and stabilize the team.
bros iwobi doesn't even know his position he's like his uncle shakushaku master.
Atleast we got half of Pepe money from him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:33pm On Aug 08, 2019
Rubbish!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:37pm On Aug 08, 2019
I am in sifia pains, why Iwobi for crying out loud? And we aren't bringing in Coutinho?
You think Auba is a better LW than Alex?
We want to rely on ozil and mhicky?
We are fvcked.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 6:52pm On Aug 08, 2019
Fkhalifa:
I am in sifia pains, why Iwobi for crying out loud? And we aren't bringing in Coutinho?
We are fvcked.
That LW position is practically dead this season sad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:57pm On Aug 08, 2019
AAA593:

He can reject it. Why will arsenal do this to iwobi? He never saw this coming
Inasmuch as I don't want Iwobi to leave, it may be a good move for him with more playing time and money as well. It will also allow him as a springboard for a new career path.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 6:58pm On Aug 08, 2019
Fkhalifa:
We are fvcked.

...... Nelson and Saka and Martinelli are not ready for the premier League but then people always overrate and overhype our youngsters. Knowing our toxic fan base, it will take just 2 - 3 bad games and they will make their lives miserable on social media.

.... Iwobi once said that he would move if we get Zaha but he had no idea that Reiss Nelson and co will be the ones to send him packing. Regardless, 40m is too good to pass up. It's a thing of pride though to become our record sale. I wish him success at Everton and I hope for his own sake that he improves on his weaknesses.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:59pm On Aug 08, 2019
Tierney is like me full blown leftie
Kick and write with left kiss

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:01pm On Aug 08, 2019
solomonbrown64:

...... Nelson and Saka and Martinelli are not ready for the premier League but then people always overrate and overhype our youngsters. Knowing our toxic fan base, it will take just 2 - 3 bad games and they will make their lives miserable on social media.

.... Iwobi once said that he would move if we get Zaha but he had no idea that Reiss Nelson and co will be the ones to send him packing. Regardless, 40m is too good to pass up. It's a thing of pride though to become our record sale. I wish him success at Everton and I hope for his own sake that he improves on his weaknesses.
toxic fans you say, they fvcking pay the highest money for ticket in the league
But they are toxic
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 7:04pm On Aug 08, 2019
Hello my people. cool

What a wonderful day to be an Arsenal fan. How we have longed for such a busy transfer window for Arsenal for a long time now. What a joy!

Total Players bought - £105m

Total Players sold - £60m

Net spend - £45m

That Raul guy is a winch! Shebi they told us, we only have £45m to spend?

Glad to see you guys keeping this space busy. Please keep it on guys! Looking forward to this season with pure excitement.

Meanwhile, where is that useless, hopeless, tiresome, redundant, wailing wailers manure thread sef? grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:04pm On Aug 08, 2019
Now we have a team that can make top4 if not challenge for the league...
No excuse for Emery this time
This is the best transfer window have ever witnessed as a gooner, it started very slow and escalated pretty fast cheesy

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:05pm On Aug 08, 2019
kodded:
That LW position is practically dead this season sad

It is like taking 2 steps back, only a late move for Zaha,soarez or countinho today will do...Anything else is trash, I fail to see how mhicky/Auba/Ozil can influence game from any attacking position than iwobi..

We only see Goals and assists, what about the man orchestrating the attack, the one who wins corners, set pieces, drive you forward and then lay it for Assist makers and goal scorers?

I never fully recover from Oxlade, Gnabry,Bennacer,Adelaide and Beilek..

Goodluck with ozil and mhicky o.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 7:08pm On Aug 08, 2019
sod09:
toxic fans you say, they fvcking pay the highest money for ticket in the league
But they are toxic

.... Who cares if they pay whatever, where they forced to pay them? So because they pay the most expensive tickets gives them the right to call players monkeys or attack players when seen with their families and kinds of horrible things. Baba, football is a game and shouldn't cross that threshold. How you go feel if people dey abuse you and your family because you no play well for one day or because Dem no like you?

.... Abeg, no fall my hand, I expect better talk from you.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 08, 2019
PRESENTATION:
Sad day cry, we still hold on

#COYG

See y’all in 2019/2020 season

We’re here and I’m elated again. I hope we get the best from this season.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:15pm On Aug 08, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.... Who cares if they pay whatever, where they forced to pay them? So because they pay the most expensive tickets gives them the right to call players monkeys or attack players when seen with their families and kinds of horrible things. Baba, football is a game and shouldn't cross that threshold. How you go feel if people dey abuse you and your family because you no play well for one day or because Dem no like you?

.... Abeg, no fall my hand, I expect better talk from you.
where did you see arsenal fans attack there players apart from social media,how will you feel if you were in there shoes.
They practically paid most of the money for Emirates yet the players weren't committed or played with their hearts
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ntyce(m): 7:17pm On Aug 08, 2019
I'm saddened with the sale of Iwobi, he may not have been consistent with his performance but he was a good squad member.
If not for hatred, why didn't they call for the sale of Mhikitarian who's performance was way below that of Iwobi.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:21pm On Aug 08, 2019
ntyce:
I'm saddened with the sale of Iwobi, he may not have been consistent with his performance but he was a good squad member.
If not for hatred, why didn't they call for the sale of Mhikitarian who's performance was way below that of Iwobi.
it's not easy to get them for sell wengay ruined us with the salary level, imagine mustafi on 100 and something
No wonder the mofos refused to leave same with ozil,but I'm very sure and certain next season they won't be with us

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 7:25pm On Aug 08, 2019
sod09:
where did you see arsenal fans attack there players apart from social media,how will you feel if you were in there shoes.
They practically paid most of the money for Emirates yet the players weren't committed or played with their hearts

...... Common, there are several instances where they went beyond social media and one of them was at the airport where they were returning from one of the Europa games or something. Anyway, my point is if these fans can go that far with senior players because they are the highest ticket holders, imagine what they will do to younger players.

.... I remember the way they bombarded Niles account and call him all sorts of things, can Martinelli and Nelson handle such cyber abuse? That's my point.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 7:26pm On Aug 08, 2019
Fkhalifa:

It is like taking 2 steps back, only a late move for Zaha,soarez or countinho today will do...Anything else is trash, I fail to see how mhicky/Auba/Ozil can influence game from any attacking position than iwobi..

We only see Goals and assists, what about the man orchestrating the attack, the one who wins corners, set pieces, drive you forward and then lay it for Assist makers and goal scorers?

I never fully recover from Oxlade, Gnabry,Bennacer,Adelaide and Beilek..

Goodluck with ozil and mhicky o.
i weak for arsenal matter o

when I'm already confident to play Liverpool and man city this season sad

and I'm still not confident about that pepe guy sad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 7:27pm On Aug 08, 2019
..,. Alexandre Lacazette and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang have signed new contracts with the club. [@talkSPORT2]
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:28pm On Aug 08, 2019
Chai this David Luis have scammed us,abi where is he na
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:28pm On Aug 08, 2019
How can you be angry at the sale of Ìwobi at a good price of 40m? A player that has had as much as 4 seasons to prove himself and hasn't been exceptional. He's had this consistent on and off form.

Shey na until he turn 27 and is still a potential na that time our eyes go clear? This is thw same place we had people lamenting how Ramsey walked for free when we could've cashed in on him a long while ago.

Abeg! I'm in support of Iwobi being sold Jàre.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:32pm On Aug 08, 2019
BlueRayDick:
How can be angry at the sale of Ìwobi at a good price of 40m? A player that has had as much as 4 seasons to prove himself and hasn't been exceptional. He's had this consistent on and off form.

Shey na until he turn 27 and is still a potential na that time our eyes go clear? This is thw same place we had people lamenting how Ramsey walked for free when we could've cashed in on him a long while ago.

Abeg! I'm in support of Iwobi being sold Jàre.
I don't understand oo
See jenkinson we sold the guy for scrap value same with wilshere,Walcott haba

(1) (2) (3) ... (1510) (1511) (1512) (1513) (1514) (1515) (1516) ... (3496) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.