Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1555) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2312757 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1552) (1553) (1554) (1555) (1556) (1557) (1558) ... (3485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:48pm On Aug 30, 2019
Jodera:
I think I understood where you and Fkhalifa is coming from. Winning minor trophies like Carling cup and fa cup(tho not a minor cup) and consistently been out of champions league, truth be told, we'll be termed as a small club. Heck even investors might shy away from us, and players might dread coming to us, coupled with the fact that we won't be able to hold our best players(lure of champions league and salary). We would even be trolled self...lol. And truth be told, we fans will be tired sef. (I remember our area, viewing center refused showing Liverpool matches, cos their fan refused to turn up, even after winning Carling cup in 2012, but now reverse is the case),
Also, been in top4 for years without having a trophy is good for biz aspect, we can even keep hold on players and even attract players.
If it's another league we're (in terms of money accrued for making top4 in epl and champions league booty), I would have gone for trophy any day anytime. But since it's EPL, hmm...lol. Truth be told I would want us to be going to champions league every year o.(my personal opinion o, since it'll always mk us relevant)
Tho if I'm given the option of at least Carling cup or an fa cup(without league or champions league trophy), once in ten yrs but a consistent top4, OR a consistent fa or Carling cup every year but a top4 once in ten yrs, I think I would go for the former.

Loserpool has never been a popular club in Nigeria when compared to other top 4 clubs in England. Loserpool has never boasted of the number of supporters Arsenal, man utd and Chelsea have. They only got few supporters following their 2005 champions league triumph. Viewing centres not showing their matches is because they have very few fans and it is not economical judging by their numbers when compared to other fans. Even in my area they are not more than 4 or 5. Even now that they've won the champions league, their numbers is still paltry.

See my point is this: Arsenal has been known to qualify for champions league for years now with nothing to show for it. That is no trophy. We won FA cup in quick succession and you see fans coming out and identifying themselves as Arsenal fan. I've been on nairaland since 2009(with another account) during those periods I just glance tru the european sports thread and don't even bother to comment.

However, following the FA cup win I started discussing Arsenal knowing fully well nobody would call us trophyless anymore like Nasri did in the screenshot I posted earlier.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:50pm On Aug 30, 2019
Jodera:
I think I understood where you and Fkhalifa is coming from. Winning minor trophies like Carling cup and fa cup(tho not a minor cup) and consistently been out of champions league, truth be told, we'll be termed as a small club. Heck even investors might shy away from us, and players might dread coming to us, coupled with the fact that we won't be able to hold our best players(lure of champions league and salary). We would even be trolled self...lol. And truth be told, we fans will be tired sef. (I remember our area, viewing center refused showing Liverpool matches, cos their fan refused to turn up, even after winning Carling cup in 2012, but now reverse is the case),
Also, been in top4 for years without having a trophy is good for biz aspect, we can even keep hold on players and even attract players.
If it's another league we're (in terms of money accrued for making top4 in epl and champions league booty), I would have gone for trophy any day anytime. But since it's EPL, hmm...lol. Truth be told I would want us to be going to champions league every year o.(my personal opinion o, since it'll always mk us relevant)
Tho if I'm given the option of at least Carling cup or an fa cup(without league or champions league trophy), once in ten yrs but a consistent top4, OR a consistent fa or Carling cup every year but a top4 once in ten yrs, I think I would go for the former.

Loserpool has never been a popular club in Nigeria when compared to other top 4 clubs in England. Loserpool has never boasted of the number of supporters Arsenal, man utd and Chelsea have. They only got few supporters following their 2005 champions league triumph. Viewing centres not showing their matches is because they have very few fans and it is not economical judging by their numbers when compared to other fans. Even in my area they are not more than 4 or 5. Even now that they've won the champions league, their numbers is still paltry.

See my point is this: Arsenal has been known to qualify for champions league for years now with nothing to show for it. That is no trophy. We won FA cup in quick succession and you see fans coming out and identifying themselves as Arsenal fan. I've been on nairaland since 2009(with another account) during those periods I just glance tru the european sports thread and don't even bother to comment.

However, following the FA cup win I started discussing Arsenal knowing fully well nobody would call us trophyless anymore like Nasri did in the screenshot I posted earlier. Even our supporters in the UK had to host a website to taunt tottenham . Thats how sweet the feel of winning a trophy is bro.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:59pm On Aug 30, 2019
sod09:
bros trophy is trophy whether we like it or not
Spurs will kill to win atleast caraboa cup, why do you think guardiola use his full squad in the last 2 caraboa final
That's final bro, and that's guardiola. We all know guardiola, him no dey joke with spoon, not to talk of trophy. Not discrediting trophy tho, and never will. But like I said, top4 is for relevant, maybe one or two trophies down the line, but with the money in EPL and champions league, sincerely, no coach will trade those two for carabao cup and fa. Even most clubs use 2nd eleven and academy during preliminary stage. That tells you something.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:00pm On Aug 30, 2019
BlueRayDick:

However, following the FA cup win I started discussing Arsenal knowing fully well nobody would call us trophyless anymore like Nasri did in the screenshot I posted earlier. Even our supporters in the UK had to host a website to taunt tottenham . Thats how sweet the feel of winning a trophy is bro.
True tho, I understand you. That trophy feeling sha. No feeling attached to top4
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 3:42pm On Aug 30, 2019
BlueRayDick:

You are referring to 16 years of consecutive UCL football as a success, but u didn't bother to talk about the the taunts arsenal fans endured during this period. See u gaffed even saying mostly sef cos no true fan who is interested in his team being regarded as one of the best in England would throw away a chance to win a trophy just to mark attendance in the champions league.

In case u still think bragging about trophies is mostly a Nigerian team, take a look at the screenshot below and see if any Nigerian was involved in these tauntings directed at arsenal. Even uncle Cech sef troll us before he played for us grin

For u to even know how important trophies are see Arsenal trolling Tottenham when we just win FA cup despite years of UCL football o
I understand your point that going too long without a trophy is a mess on its own, but UCL football can be a good consolation and get us up if utilized very well.

I understand most Arsenal fans will not want any trophy slip away from us since those trophyless taunting days.. It is why losing finals hurts me deep.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 4:02pm On Aug 30, 2019
Jodera:

That's final bro, and that's guardiola. We all know guardiola, him no dey joke with spoon, not to talk of trophy. Not discrediting trophy tho, and never will. But like I said, top4 is for relevant, maybe one or two trophies down the line, but with the money in EPL and champions league, sincerely, no coach will trade those two for carabao cup and fa. Even most clubs use 2nd eleven and academy during preliminary stage. That tells you something.
you'll be surprised fans opinion will be divided on this matter, Even Auba and Laca said at the start of the season, their ambition is to get back to UCL that they so want to listen to that Anthem from the dressing room again..

I also like trophies, going by what we faced from rival fans, but in recent times, UCL football has looked so lucrative that fans and players of teams like Lyon,Genk and Zenith take group stage games like a big colourful memorable festivals..

Also, personally, I prefer memorable nights like Liverpool's 4-0 at Anfield, Spurs at Etihad and Ajax etc to carabao and fa cup..

Till date, I don't remember the day I felt better as an Arsenal fan than these days:
Madrid 0-1Arsenal at Bernabue
Arsenal 2-0 Juve at Highbury
Ac milan 0-2 Arsenal San siro
Arsenal 2-1 barca Emirates
Those were my best nights, the joy I felt supersedes winning our recent trophies except when we ended the drought.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:16pm On Aug 30, 2019
Fkhalifa:
you'll be surprised fans opinion will be divided on this matter, Even Auba and Laca said at the start of the season, their ambition is to get back to UCL that they so want to listen to that Anthem from the dressing room again..

I also like trophies, going by what we faced from rival fans, but in recent times, UCL football has looked so lucrative that fans and players of teams like Lyon,Genk and Zenith take group stage games like a big colourful memorable festivals..

Also, personally, I prefer memorable nights like Liverpool's 4-0 at Anfield, Spurs at Etihad and Ajax etc to carabao and fa cup..

Till date, I don't remember the day I felt better as an Arsenal fan than these days:
Those were my best nights, the joy I felt supersedes winning our recent trophies except when we ended the drought.
Yeah, exactly. Also, I remember how people were angry at Emery for bottling the top4 cos he prioritized Europa over top4. So you can imagine how those same people will call for sack if he continually finishes 6th but win fa cup and carabao cup consistently. There's a reason both van gaal and conte was sacked even after winning the fa cup but lost the top4 position,: board no go send you sef... Winning trophy is good, no doubt, in fact it's great, but mehn, for players and coaches alike, been in champions league and playing with your mates is all where top players wanna be...and that can only be achievable with top 4(except of course you sneak through Europa league).
If they want to give more relevance to carabao and fa cup now, let them just say the winner will qualify for champions league... Hmm, you go see as klopp go dey put firminho, salah, mane van dijk and all against Coventry.
Lol

Also, one thing I noticed that have made Wenger stayed that long was because of his consistent top4 finish even tho he didn't win much trophies latter yrs unlike his beginning tenure.
The day it was clear he dropped out of top4 was the day d board have to part ways with him, even tho he had a s/f match against athletico in Europa. A potential trophy still didn't save his job.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:17pm On Aug 30, 2019
While I am not sure where I stand on this issue because both have strong points, it is important for us not to forget that the excitement of winning the FA Cup trophies was not in isolation of qualifying and playing the UCL. The consecutive qualifications for the UCL increased the value of winning the FA Cup. If we win the FA Cup this season and fail to qualify for the UCL, I can assure you there would be a lot disgruntled and disappointed fans because this is not a Europa League squad anymore especially if everyone stays healthy but if by chance we win the FA Cup and qualify for the UCL, it would be a greater achievement and Emery knows this.

Again, I am divided about it and just making a point for both sides to consider.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 4:46pm On Aug 30, 2019
Jodera:
Yeah, exactly. Also, I remember how people were angry at Emery for bottling the top4 cos he prioritized Europa over top4. So you can imagine how those same people will call for sack if he continually finishes 6th but win fa cup and carabao cup consistently. There's a reason both van gaal and conte was sacked even after winning the fa cup but lost the top4 position,: board no go send you sef... Winning trophy is good, no doubt, in fact it's great, but mehn, for players and coaches alike, been in champions league and playing with your mates is all where top players wanna be...and that can only be achievable with top 4(except of course you sneak through Europa league).
If they want to give more relevance to carabao and fa cup now, let them just say the winner will qualify for champions league... Hmm, you go see as klopp go dey put firminho, salah, mane van dijk and all against Coventry.
Lol

Also, one thing I noticed that have made Wenger stayed that long was because of his consistent top4 finish even tho he didn't win much trophies latter yrs unlike his beginning tenure.
The day it was clear he dropped out of top4 was the day d board have to part ways with him, even tho he had a s/f match against athletico in Europa. A potential trophy still didn't save his job.
Succinctly put. When Luis Suarez wanted to force Arsenal move for UCL football, only then I realised what UCL can attract.
You've said it all.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:46pm On Aug 30, 2019
Fkhalifa:

I understand what champions league football means to the players we parade and to the Financials of the team. I will never ever assume FA cup is better than getting to the semi's of UCL, but the issue is when last did we get to that stage of the competition. Even with our current team, if we are to feature in the UCL this year it is only by miracle we will go past the quarter finals. This is my grouse and that is why I would prefer us winning the FA cup in the interim rather than competing in all the 4 competition and end up winning none.

As regards ur point about not knowing when last u felt really elated about arsenal like when the wọn against Madrid, Milan, barca etc in the UCL; bàbà the last time me I felt like that was that FA cup final. I'm a complete gentleman(the kind they call officeman on the street). If I tell u that day immediately Ramsey scored I don't even know how, but I off my cloth throway am, I ran metres and shook almost all arsenal supporters in sight that day. The last few minutes of the match na better beer I dey sip dey shout upandan. Till date I still wonder what came over me.

Baba cup victory dey sweet no be lie grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:49pm On Aug 30, 2019
Roland17:
While I am not sure where I stand on this issue because both have strong points, it is important for us not to forget that the excitement of winning the FA Cup trophies was not in isolation of qualifying and playing the UCL. The consecutive qualifications for the UCL increased the value of winning the FA Cup. If we win the FA Cup this season and fail to qualify for the UCL, I can assure you there would be a lot disgruntled and disappointed fans because this is not a Europa League squad anymore especially if everyone stays healthy but if by chance we win the FA Cup and qualify for the UCL, it would be a greater achievement and Emery knows this.

Again, I am divided about it and just making a point for both sides to consider.

You are right. It won't hurt winning a cup this season and end up qualifying for UCL. That would be a successful campaign
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:53pm On Aug 30, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Succinctly put. When Luis Suarez wanted to force Arsenal move for UCL football, only then I realised what UCL can attract.
You've said it all.
Exactly bro. That's was really my fear going into this season, thank Goodness for the wisdom and business acumen of sanehelli and his crew for a good transfer business.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 4:54pm On Aug 30, 2019
Roland17:

Exactly, both will bring excitement and are almost as equal or a bit bigger than the other.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:02pm On Aug 30, 2019
BlueRayDick:

I understand what champions league football means to the players we parade and to the Financials of the team. I will never ever assume FA cup is better than getting to the semi's of UCL, but the issue is when last did we get to that stage of the competition. Even with our current team, if we are to feature in the UCL this year it is only by miracle we will go past the quarter finals. This is my grouse and that is why I would prefer us winning the FA cup in the interim rather than competing in all the 4 competition and end up winning none.

As regards ur point about not knowing when last u felt really elated about arsenal like when the wọn against Madrid, Milan, barca etc in the UCL; bàbà the last time me I felt like that was that FA cup final. I'm a complete gentleman(the kind they call officeman on the street). If I tell u that day immediately Ramsey scored I don't even know how, but I off my cloth throway am, I ran metres and shook almost all arsenal supporters in sight that day. The last few minutes of the match na better beer I dey sip dey shout upandan. Till date I still wonder what came over me.

Baba cup victory dey sweet no be lie grin

cheesy cheesy grin

Cup victory sweet true true. cheesy
Especially when you beat a rival in a dramatic way like that Ramsey's goal, That day should be on par with those UCL nights...

The most hurtful thing is being tagged trophyless, I had mini Malaria when Obafemi's Birmingham denied us Carling cup. Shame no gree me enter campus that year..
I lowkey like trophies than exiting UCL in round of 16.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:01pm On Aug 30, 2019
Order of preference
1. Europa league
2. Top 4
3. FA cup
4. Carabao
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:28pm On Aug 30, 2019
Spy360:
Order of preference
1. Europa league
2. Top 4
3. FA cup
4. Carabao
Hmmm Truly Europa is double glory, but I feel its easier through the league route.
Some tough teams can drop from UCL and come be a bone in our throat.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:16pm On Aug 30, 2019
Man yoo managed to loan out Deadwood players we will still stuck with mustafi and co angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 8:20pm On Aug 30, 2019
whats there to say

we are now in what was feared...mediocrity

Unai needs time (one more season) to make his own team

sod09:
kokane this was when our honourable spy said Walcott was a better finisher than aguero
That was the biggest blasphemy in football world
Good old times
come back
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:25pm On Aug 30, 2019
Spy360:
Order of preference
1. Europa league
2. Top 4
3. FA cup
4. Carabao
Exactly, me too o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:55pm On Aug 30, 2019
pickabeau1:
whats there to say

long time bro, how have you been
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:56pm On Aug 30, 2019
pickabeau1:
whats there to say

Hello bro, your moniker looks like you used to frequent here, it'll be nice to read your opinions again, so I can see what you looked like wink cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:58am On Aug 31, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Hello bro, your moniker looks like you used to frequent here, it'll be nice to read your opinions again, so I can see what you looked like wink cheesy
He looks like sod09
Lol
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:37am On Aug 31, 2019
Spy360:

He looks like sod09
Lol
Lol
I think Sod is a nice guy, he's just frustrated of the failures, and then transfers his anger to any player of fan who provokes him cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:22am On Aug 31, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Lol
I think Sod is a nice guy, he's just frustrated of the failures, and then transfers his anger to any player of fan who provokes him cheesy
spy old nemesis is back that's why he's saying that
Spy360:

He looks like sod09
Lol
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:04am On Aug 31, 2019
Hey God!

What are they smoking at emirates na? Why should Monreal leave now ?

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 31, 2019
Hmmn
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by seankafor(m): 11:15am On Aug 31, 2019
I no know between scummies and Gayners, who mumu pass undecided

All these offloading on deadline without proper replacements embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 11:45am On Aug 31, 2019
cry cry
BlueRayDick:
Hey God!

What are they smoking at emirates na? Why should Monreal leave now ?

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:48am On Aug 31, 2019
Thank you Nacho!

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:50am On Aug 31, 2019
sod09:
cry cry

I just weak mehn. Allowing Ur first choice leftback leave on the eve of a Derby
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 12:10pm On Aug 31, 2019
still hustling ooo... we pray for breakthrough for us
arsenal will be alright grin
sod09:
long time bro, how have you been
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 1:02pm On Aug 31, 2019
pickabeau1:
whats there to say

Biola , awon better Assnal fan grin grin una still dey on this e go better grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1552) (1553) (1554) (1555) (1556) (1557) (1558) ... (3485) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: kcjazz(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.