Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,165 members, 7,849,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:07 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1582) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2351280 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1579) (1580) (1581) (1582) (1583) (1584) (1585) ... (3544) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:22pm On Sep 16, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
why the fuk u wailing.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 2:13pm On Sep 16, 2019
Spy360:

Using a meme where Arsenal is losing to troll another Arsenal fan. grin grin

Fuji house of comedy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 16, 2019
Lana1:

Fuji house of comedy
Spy is fcking dumb

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 2:20pm On Sep 16, 2019
Spy360:

Attack is even asking too much. The way guys dribble past him is wow! Like he is a mirage on the screen.
his only saving grace is that he is British so the fans over there will not come for his head, believe you me, if that guy was playing for one African countries by now, the fans would have ran riot on his head

...same way they are shileding Nelson and willock from yesterday disaster, I even read some of their player ratings and they gave nelson and willock a 6 ...... can you imagine shocked

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 2:56pm On Sep 16, 2019
Spy360:

Knowing how weak the midfield had become, all he needed to do was to stuff it with one more player. That's taking off Ozil for Torriera. Then once things stabilise, take of Guendouzi for Nelson to add bite and direction to counter attack. Taking off Ceballos for Willock was suicidal. There was no purpose tactically to that change.

On Thursday, I hope to see Martinelli, SmithRowe, Chambers and full games for Nelson and Willock hoping that more games for the latter duo could make them catch some sense.

..... Baba, Nelson is all hype jare. He is not ready for anything, even Saka would have fared better. I prefer Gabriel on that wing until we find a better option. Chelsea's academy products are far better than ours and need no hyping. We just hype our own to match theirs.

.... We are playing Frankfurt away so I don't think we will see much changes except in defense. One of Luiz or Papa should sit this out and Emery should use the opportunity to put out a Midfield that will work well in order to build familiarity. Constant Changing won't help him. Use a midfield on Thursday that he will use on Sunday. Emery was uncharacteristically not himself yesterday so I will just put yesterday as an off day at the office.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:59pm On Sep 16, 2019
Lana1:

Fuji house of comedy
That summarizes it. Hope that encourages that gay.

How far?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:04pm On Sep 16, 2019
solomonbrown64:

..... Baba, Nelson is all hype jare. He is not ready for anything, even Saka would have fared better. I prefer Gabriel on that wing until we find a better option. Chelsea's academy products are far better than ours and need no hyping. We just hype our own to match theirs.

.... We are playing Frankfurt away so I don't think we will see much changes except in defense. One of Luiz or Papa should sit this out and Emery should use the opportunity to put out a Midfield that will work well in order to build familiarity. Constant Changing won't help him. Use a midfield on Thursday that he will use on Sunday. Emery was uncharacteristically not himself yesterday so Il will just put yesterday as an off day at the office.
But Nelson is the only other winger we've got apart from Gabriel. I do not rate him, but I have hopes for him. Prayerfully sha.

Emery needs to try Chambers in that Xhaka role. Miracles can happen and we may forget Xhaka.

As for Emery himself, I would give him till end of season, as a benefit of doubt.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 3:22pm On Sep 16, 2019
Spy360:

But Nelson is the only other winger we've got apart from Gabriel. I do not rate him, but I have hopes for him. Prayerfully sha.

Emery needs to try Chambers in that Xhaka role. Miracles can happen and we may forget Xhaka.

As for Emery himself, I would give him till end of season, as a benefit of doubt.

.... grin grin

... I agree with your last statement. Till the end of the season as it should be.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:41pm On Sep 16, 2019
Fkhalifa:

That boy go sweet to whyne baje, he's like Diego Costa, small pinch,he'll flare up and explode,boom and that's a red card.

Emery don make Everybody now blood dey hot now o. So flaring up from any angle is expected.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:26pm On Sep 16, 2019
Does Emery realize he is not only fighting to keep his job at Arsenal but his future and marketability as a head coach in any of Europe's top teams? The projections for his future if his contract at Arsenal is not renewed is bleak, especially if we argue from narratives created after his success at Sevilla. At this point, it is fair to argue that his teams' post Sevilla choke, can not defend and he lacks the managerial skills to manage players with big personalities. These issues were his undoing at PSG and they are rearing their ugly heads with us.

I would like to give the #EmeryOut gang, spearheaded by iPopAlomo, Kokaneprodigy and now Sod09 a lot of credit because they were vehemently against Emery's signing because of some of the issues I highlighted above but I did the opposite by arguing for his signature as against the appointment of M. Arteta. I made it clear that I will give him a benefit of a doubt until this season but the man is not helping with some of his stupid decisions. We have not played anything exciting since the end of last season and this season has been worse and difficult to watch from a fan standpoint. This lack of identity is a product constant tinkering of formation, player selection, bad tactics, bad substitutions which ironically used to be his biggest strength and weapon. Don't get it twisted, we may not have the perfect squad but we sure have the squad to win the last 2 games. This is not a Europa League squad anymore and it all boils down to the coach.

Since his appointment, Emery has been stubborn about playing from the back even though it is evident that we not only lack the players to execute that strategy but more importantly, the current players lack the confidence to carry it out. You would think a smart coach will rethink that strategy after consecutive mistakes before the goal was scored, no, he continued to force the play and we were punished. The 2 senior clowns at the back need some benching and serious competition, I am an advocate of Chambers getting a start next week against Aston Villa because the kid played very well against Newcastle and he can not be worse than those aged clowns.

Emery does not have time, he was not hired by Edu and I know Edu is definitely keeping close tabs and already has options should Emery be fired.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:28pm On Sep 16, 2019
fredoooooo:

This remind me of troy ...

So Assnal don make you join boko boys grin

You still be my pady we no fit fight , no be this useless team go make us fight ... grin

No be today me and u don dey paddy come! grin

But no worry, shebi na because una don get enough POSITIVES na him dey make u get mouth.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:49pm On Sep 16, 2019
Roland17:
Does Emery realize he is not only fighting to keep his job at Arsenal but his future and marketability as a head coach in any of Europe's top teams? The projections for his future if his contract at Arsenal is not renewed is bleak, especially if we argue from narratives created after his success at Sevilla. At this point, it is fair to argue that his teams' post Sevilla choke, can not defend and he lacks the managerial skills to manage players with big personalities. These issues were his undoing at PSG and they are rearing their ugly heads with us.

I would like to give the #EmeryOut gang, spearheaded by iPopAlomo, Kokaneprodigy and now Sod09 a lot of credit because they were vehemently against Emery's signing because of some of the issues I highlighted above but I did the opposite by arguing for his signature as against the appointment of M. Arteta. I made it clear that I will give him a benefit of a doubt until this season but the man is not helping with some of his stupid decisions. We have not played anything exciting since the end of last season and this season has been worse and difficult to watch from a fan standpoint. This lack of identity is a product constant tinkering of formation, player selection, bad tactics, bad substitutions which ironically used to be his biggest strength and weapon. Don't get it twisted, we may not have the perfect squad but we sure have the squad to win the last 2 games. This is not a Europa League squad anymore and it all boils down to the coach.

Since his appointment, Emery has been stubborn about playing from the back even though it is evident that we not only lack the players to execute that strategy but more importantly, the current players lack the confidence to carry it out. You would think a smart coach will rethink that strategy after consecutive mistakes before the goal was scored, no, he continued to force the play and we were punished. The 2 senior clowns at the back need some benching and serious competition, I am an advocate of Chambers getting a start next week against Aston Villa because the kid played very well against Newcastle and he can not be worse than those aged clowns.

Emery does not have time, he was not hired by Edu and I know Edu is definitely keeping close tabs and already has options should Emery be fired.

This is where my problem with him start, he is stupid and stubborn just like wengay
The midfield is the most useless in the league, opponents now have free movement from their own half to ours without hindrance. Everyone knows the defense is bad but these useless MF aint helping

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:08pm On Sep 16, 2019
I feel so bad for Auba! I mean the man works so hard to salvage our nonsense and watches others destroy it in a matter of minutes.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 6:41pm On Sep 16, 2019
Roland17:
I feel so bad for Auba! I mean the man works so hard to salvage our nonsense and watches others destroy it in a matter of minutes.

If I was Auba, I won't sign a new contract. There are other teams who are looking for world class strikers.

If this nonsense continues, I'd imagine laca won't sign too.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:01pm On Sep 16, 2019
MrDojo:

If I was Auba, I won't sign a new contract. There are other teams who are looking for world class strikers.

If this nonsense continues, I'd imagine laca won't sign too.

My broda, if Auba/ Laca especially the former don't extend and leave, abeg wetin remain for us? His goals are the reason why we are not on the 2nd page of the EPL standing. Biko no dey pray those kain risky prayers.

I was watching Auba's morale after Watford scored the 1st goal and you could not tell he was deflated because he was working just as hard. He was tracking back to defend and start attacks from deep, only for the idiots to ruin all his effort by conceding a silly penalty. I really pity the guy and the guy is so durable with excellent conditioning.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 7:38pm On Sep 16, 2019
Roland17:

My broda, if Auba/ Laca especially the former don't extend and leave, abeg wetin remain for us? His goals are the reason why we are not on the 2nd page of the EPL standing. Biko no dey pray those kain risky prayers.

I was watching Auba's morale after Watford scored the 1st goal and you could not tell he was deflated because he was working just as hard. He was tracking back to defend and start attacks from deep, only for the idiots to ruin all his effort by conceding a silly penalty. I really pity the guy and the guy is so durable with excellent conditioning.

Or course I want him to stay. Like I said, if I were to be in his shoes, never ooo cheesy

Except Lucas's goal, Auba and Laca have scored all our goals for this season. If village people want to finish us, let Auba have injury. That's when everybody will see the nonsense we are playing.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:09pm On Sep 16, 2019
MrDojo:

Or course I want him to stay. Like I said, if I were to be in his shoes, never ooo cheesy

Except Lucas's goal, Auba and Laca have scored all our goals for this season. If village people want to finish us, let Auba have injury. That's when everybody will see the nonsense we are playing.

So the nonsense wen we dey play since get another gear?

We are just wasting Auba, that man should be competing for the UCL and titles.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:05pm On Sep 16, 2019
Roland17:

Imagine Auba has 14 goals from his last 14 matches. Kai! And I will still read here say he scores tap-ins grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 16, 2019
MrDojo:

this was one of the things I pointed out too, but folks here were carried away by drab wins against Newcastle and Burnley. He doesn’t set us up to create lot of scoring chances and even bring other players into scoring positions. If Laca and Auba should have an off day lasan no goal be that.

I cried from the rooftop that his methods were not sustainable in long run they said 3 points Na the koko. 8 points out of 15 and the future looks really bleak.

With Wenger the issue was that we were not consistent, with Emery we are consistent at playing drab.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by obainojazz(m): 11:55pm On Sep 16, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
this was one of the things I pointed out too, but folks here were carried away by drab wins against Newcastle and Burnley. He doesn’t set us up to create lot of scoring chances and even bring other players into scoring positions. If Laca and Auba should have an off day lasan no goal be that.

I cried from the rooftop that his methods were not sustainable in long run they said 3 points Na the koko. 8 points out of 15 and the future looks really bleak.

With Wenger the issue was that we were not consistent, with Emery we are consistent at playing drab.
Hafa. You later jump from the rooftop?

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 7:27am On Sep 17, 2019
Roland17:

Bro, if that thing should happen ehn... Nobody will be able to watch Arsenal again. Because it will be sideways passing on steroids. Unless your a fan of the opposition, it will be very painful to watch.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 7:33am On Sep 17, 2019
kokaneprodigy:

Well, if they sack the man eventually. He can't blame anybody. He is the architect of his own downfall. Very, very stubborn nigga. Imagine playing five different formations 5 games.

Even if he goes on to win the next three games, nothing changes for me. Especially if we continue with our boring buildup.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Swissh: 7:52am On Sep 17, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Imagine Auba has 14 goals from his last 14 matches. Kai! And I will still read here say he scores tap-ins grin
The major criticism of Auba is that if he doesnt score he ain't doing anything else for the team.
People criticised his ability on the ball in our build up play and on counter attack.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Swissh: 8:01am On Sep 17, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.... We are playing Frankfurt away so I don't think we will see much changes except in defense. One of Luiz or Papa should sit this out and Emery should use the opportunity to put out a Midfield that will work well in order to build familiarity. Constant Changing won't help him. Use a midfield on Thursday that he will use on Sunday. Emery was uncharacteristically not himself yesterday so I will just put yesterday as an off day at the office.
Nelson is not hyped. The boy is talented. He is more than capable on talent alone. But talent alone doesn't get the job done. He needs to improve his work rate. He is just careless and lazy in some ways.

Expect a strong line up against Frankfurt it's the strongest game in the group stage.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:02am On Sep 17, 2019
Roland17:

I recall stating that Chambers should continue in the starting line up after he impressed against Newcastle, I think it was solomonbrown who insisted Luiz should start.

When players get the feeling that the positions are not under threat, they misbehave and make rash decisions. Look at Luiz, so suspect of causing penalties which everyone now knows. Same goes to Xhaka.

Emery should drop these lots to the bench and see if they won't become more careful with their decisions.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 9:22am On Sep 17, 2019
Spy360:

I recall stating that Chambers should continue in the starting line up after he impressed against Newcastle, I think it was solomonbrown who insisted Luiz should start.

When players get the feeling that the positions are not under threat, they misbehave and make rash decisions. Look at Luiz, so suspect of causing penalties which everyone now knows. Same goes to Xhaka.

Emery should drop these lots to the bench and see if they won't become more careful with their decisions.

..... Chambers impressed but I felt it was against a lower opposition who didn't really come out to play compared to Burnley and Liverpool. Luiz on his day is a better defender and let's be honest Liverpool's penalty is a very debatable. I am not defending Luiz but he did really well against a rampaging Watford and blocked a few inbound shots on goal, that penalty just messed up his game. If there's a defender we should drop now, it has to be Sokratis. He hasn't been his best lately. Between Luis and Sokratis, I will drop the latter.

.... Very importantly, Chambers was Fulham's player of the season as a midfielder and not a centre back. But Luiz and Papa have been very poor especially the latter so it won't hurt to try Chambers on Thursday. If he does well, I trust Emery to do his job but Chambers won't solve all our defensive issues, our full backs and porous midfield need some serious work. Nothing we can do presently about the first problem but plenty about the second.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 9:28am On Sep 17, 2019
Swissh:

Nelson is not hyped. The boy is talented. He is more than capable on talent alone. But talent alone doesn't get the job done. He needs to improve his work rate. He is just careless and lazy in some ways.

Expect a strong line up against Frankfurt it's the strongest game in the group stage.

.... I strongly disagree. Nelson hasn't shown anything at all to warrant such hype. He couldn't break into an average Hoffenheim team and has shown little in the games I have watched. Iwobi as the time he broke into the first team had talent and everyone could see it. He beat defenders for fun and could link up play well, the same cannot be said of Nelson. I see Odoi, James and Sterling and I wonder how we let a talent like Gnabry slip through our hands. There was talent in Gnabry not Nelson abeg. Just imagine Gnabry, Auba and Pepe as a our front line.... Kai... Osanobua, people go hear am.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:08am On Sep 17, 2019
Swissh:

The major criticism of Auba is that if he doesnt score he ain't doing anything else for the team.
People criticised his ability on the ball in our build up play and on counter attack.

If he doesn't score? How many times has that even happened? If he's not scoring he's assisting Laca to score. They can shove the criticism down their asss. Would they want a Giroud that would pass, pass and pass even inside the opponents' 18 yard box instead of Auba that score goals which is what matters most for a striker.

When was the last time an arsenal player topped the goalscorer chart prior to Auba's coming to arsenal sef?.

Abeg let them face the frail midfield and our calamities defence and hold them responsible for their failings.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by absky5(m): 1:30pm On Sep 17, 2019
Is this a joke?

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 2:46pm On Sep 17, 2019
Spy360:

Baba,
Chambers did not put a foot wrong against Newcastle and after watching 4 games of those 2 senior clowns, Emery has to be pragmatic and ring up some changes at the back. Listen, teams are in the EPL for a reason and that is why when folks undermine other teams by calling them smaller teams I laugh because it exposes their lack of knowledge of what it means to be in a competition. This is why I take the season game by game, instead of looking forward to playing the "bigger teams'" as if you get 6 points for winning the bigger teams.

Every team in the EPL has earned its right to be there and have a lot to prove to themselves, their fans and owners consequently, no one is going to lay down for you to walk over. These guys are professionals, they train just as hard, if not harder, so if Chambers plays well against Newcastle, it should never be about the opponent being a smaller team but about Chambers's performance on that day. A good coach will build from that foundation especially if you consider the kid had a terrific season last year.

I am not saying Chambers is the 2nd coming of F. Baresi but he can not be worse than those 2 senior clowns, can he? There is so much anticipation for the return of R. Holding and this is not because Holding's return will solve all our defensive problems but it gives us another option to look at, something different with hopes it works out. I have maintained my stance about Niles, the kid's biggest problem is his lack of concentration. It almost feels like he is reminiscing an event that occurred in his life while he is playing. But make I ask, what do we expect Niles to learn from our defenders? He has not had any worthy senior player to learn from since he made the first 11. He played alongside Mustafi, Kos, Sok and now Luiz. Abeg wetin those guys wan teach Niles if not to become a worse clown in the making?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:55pm On Sep 17, 2019
solomonbrown64:

..... Chambers impressed but I felt it was against a lower opposition who didn't really come out to play compared to Burnley and Liverpool. Luiz on his day is a better defender and let's be honest Liverpool's penalty is a very debatable. I am not defending Luiz but he did really well against a rampaging Watford and blocked a few inbound shots on goal, that penalty just messed up his game. If there's a defender we should drop now, it has to be Sokratis. He hasn't been his best lately. Between Luis and Sokratis, I will drop the latter.

.... Very importantly, Chambers was Fulham's player of the season as a midfielder and not a centre back. But Luiz and Papa have been very poor especially the latter so it won't hurt to try Chambers on Thursday. If he does well, I trust Emery to do his job but Chambers won't solve all our defensive issues, our full backs and porous midfield need some serious work. Nothing we can do presently about the first problem but plenty about the second.
Definitely Socratis is the worse, but we all knew this. We thought Luiz was going to bring some leadership and stability. But he is also erratic.

Let's try Chambers. I think Rob Holding should be ready too. Possibly eased in gradually until he stakes his rightful place in that dead defence.

I see a back four of Tierney, Holding, Chambers and Bellerin before season winds up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1579) (1580) (1581) (1582) (1583) (1584) (1585) ... (3544) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.