Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1909) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2324573 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1906) (1907) (1908) (1909) (1910) (1911) (1912) ... (3496) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 12:01am On Aug 11, 2020
mostob:
Na true o. .willian fit turn us to maga o.
cheesy

why you feel say baba been dey request for 3 year deal ? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:17am On Aug 11, 2020
kodded:
cheesy

why you feel say baba been dey request for 3 year deal ? cheesy
chai. .isoright
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:09am On Aug 11, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

This is the height of pettiness cool
Smh
Very petty... SMH sad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:19am On Aug 11, 2020
kodded:
unfortunately no club is coming for those players you listed,

AMN, torriera, guenduozi and lacazette are our only valuable asset that we can offload this summer, the rest will rather sit out their remaining contract because no club will bid for them thanks to their high wages
The way you used 'offload' like they are factory goods, yet you call them 'valuable assets'. Why would anyone offload their valuable assets? Were we relegated?

Before you begin offload please onload new players with better skill set.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 7:33am On Aug 11, 2020
Spy360:

The way you used 'offload' like they are factory goods, yet you call them 'valuable assets'. Why would anyone offload their valuable assets? Were we relegated?

Before you begin offload please onload new players with better skill set.
all those players I listed have no place in the team

especially if we bring in partey and ceballos.

lacazette can go since it looks likely that abuameyang will sign a new contract.

AMN can also leave since arteta prefer bellerin to him.

the club is broke and we need funds to bring in arteta preferred players, I see no reason why we can't sell those valuable players that can not fit into arteta team.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:34am On Aug 11, 2020
kodded:

lacazette can go since it looks likely that abuameyang will sign a new contract.

the club is broke and we need funds to bring in arteta preferred players, I see no reason why we can't sell those valuable players that can not fit into arteta team.
Thank you
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by afrodoc2: 8:05am On Aug 11, 2020
Spy360:

Lacazette has 2 seasons left, we can still fetch a price if Martinelli steps up. As it is now, with our limited resources we must leave every option open.

I was not actually advocating that you sell him. What i meant was IF you sell him NOTHING SPOIL. I have great belief in those 2 boys Martinelli and Saka.
No fear and plenty of skill. They will deliver the goods if given the opportunity.

Also IMO playing Auba in this inside forward position hinders your game more than any tachere linkup play that Lacazette offers.

You guys should start Auba at CF while Lacazette can be his sub. Play real wide men like Saka, Pepe, Nelson in their positions. Martinelli can fight for shirt on the wings and as CF as well.

This 1 winger, 1 inside forward, 1 impotent CF formation is not working well.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 11, 2020
afrodoc2:

I was not actually advocating that you sell him. What i meant was IF you sell him NOTHING SPOIL. I have great belief in those 2 boys Martinelli and Saka.
No fear and plenty of skill. They will deliver the goods if given the opportunity.

Also IMO playing Auba in this inside forward position hinders your game more than any tachere linkup play that Lacazette offers.

You guys should start Auba at CF while Lacazette can be his sub. Play real wide men like Saka, Pepe, Nelson in their positions. Martinelli can fight for shirt on the wings and as CF as well.

Reason I mentioned they don’t have to start together particularly with Willian on board. Nothing wrong with having a bench with Laca, squad depth is what makes elite teams.

One of the challenges Emery had was depth, he didn’t manage the usual starters properly and had no bench to fall back on. Reason the likes of Guen, Willock, Nelson and AMN enjoyed massive amount of play time when the usual starters couldn’t effect whatever game plan he had. We know where that got us.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:14am On Aug 11, 2020
kodded:

Exactly!

The club must sell for Arteta to get his kind of players, but most of the players referred to as difficult to sell .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:15am On Aug 11, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

Reason I mentioned they don’t have to start together particularly with Willian on board. Nothing wrong with having a bench with Laca, squad depth is what makes elite teams.

One of the challenges Emery had was depth, he didn’t manage the usual starters properly and had no bench to fall back on. Reason the likes of Guen, Willock, Nelson and AMN enjoyed massive amount of play time when the usual starters couldn’t effect whatever game plan he had. We know where that got us.

Emery na mumu coach.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:55pm On Aug 11, 2020
Who have seen where eze of qpr in action, that guy is the truth mehn
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by tayoccu(m): 5:43pm On Aug 11, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

You want to compare Giroud with Laca now?

There’s a reason why they prefer him in the national team
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:10pm On Aug 11, 2020
kodded:

As long as there is a guarantee not just to buy but to get players with better quality and prospect. The Cedric Soares deal for example is not convincing as AMN seems to be a better deputy to Bellerin in that department.

I do not want us to make rash and stupid decisions just because we are eager to sell.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 6:13pm On Aug 11, 2020
Spy360:

As long as there is a guarantee not just to buy but to get players with better quality and prospect. The Cedric Soares deal for example is not convincing as AMN seems to be a better deputy to Bellerin in that department.

I do not want us to make rash and stupid decisions just because we are eager to sell.
but AMN don't want to be a RB backup
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:13pm On Aug 11, 2020
afrodoc2:

But we beat United with it. We beat City and Chelsea and won the FA cup with it. We can improve on it but if the question is if it works then it's a straight answer.

Auba needs space and he won't get it playing centre. He has to shunt wide to find space. Yet we need someone at the centre to press and hold up play. In this formation, our CF is not the main goal outlet it's the wider men. The same applies to Liverpool. It's that simple. Auba playing wide does not make him the winger, it's just the formation, simple. That's why Arteta can use AMN at LB, this is so he can act as the winger when we push forward. Unless Arteta has other plans, I don't see Auba playing CF,

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:21pm On Aug 11, 2020
kodded:
but AMN don't want to be a RB backup
He has to be backup, if not he can leave. I am not opposed to his leaving, but I think he can be a useful squad player if he is willing.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 6:33pm On Aug 11, 2020
Date published: Tuesday 11th August 2020 5:34

Manchester United and Arsenal target Gabriel Magalhaes will make a decision on his future this week, according to reports.

Gabriel enjoyed a fine 2019-20 campaign with Lille, as they finished fourth in the French top flight. The Brazilian played in 24 of their 28 league games.

Due to his impressive form, there has been a great deal of speculation about his future. Several Premier League clubs have been linked with a bid for the 22-year-old.

The front-runners appear to be either Arsenal or Manchester United. The Gunners need to strengthen their defence, despite the impending return of William Saliba from his loan to Saint-Ettiene.

Meanwhile, United are looking for the ideal partner for Harry Maguire. They are negotiating over Kalidou Koulibaly, but Gabriel would be both cheaper and younger.

Everton is another option for Gabriel. Carlo Ancelotti is confident that the board will back him in his first summer transfer window in charge of the Toffees.

And according to L’Equipe, Gabriel’s future will become clearer by the end of the week. The defender is close to making a decision on his next destination.

The French outlet reports that Gabriel has a four-way choice to make. As well as the three Premier League clubs mentioned above, Napoli also want him.

And if any club meets the €30m asking price for the centre-back, Lille will allow him to choose where he wants to go.

Recent reports indicated that Gabriel’s preference is to join Arsenal. The Gunners’ need for a defender is arguably greater, and club officials opened talks with Magalhaes last week.

As a result, the defender now wants to move to the Emirates Stadium “as quickly as possible”. It would be a positive first step for Mikel Arteta in the transfer market, with the Gunners boss keen to reshape his squad.

Arteta: I have full backing from Arsenal owners

Arsenal quartet to make way for Gabriel?

With Arsenal planning to use up large funds for the wages of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Willian, they will have to make some sales to afford any signings.

That will not stop their ambition in the transfer market, though. Recent reports revealed that after Willian arrives, Arsenal will target three more big transfers.

Gabriel is one of them, while the Gunners also want to keep Dani Ceballos on a permanent basis. Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Partey remains a top target as well.

To raise funds for those three deals, Arsenal are willing to cut their ties with four players, according to recent reports.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 6:39pm On Aug 11, 2020
iamoyindamola:
Who have seen where eze of qpr in action, that guy is the truth mehn
He said his goal is to get back to the Arsenal fold as he did previously with the academies.

Arsenal is his boyhood club
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:52pm On Aug 11, 2020
Kbs468:

He said his goal is to get back to the Arsenal fold as he did previously with the academies.

Arsenal is his boyhood club
Yeah that's what got me interested in the guy and he's Nigerian, I hope NFF snap him and saka
We need to start building team that will win world cup abeg
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 7:09pm On Aug 11, 2020
Spy360:

He has to be backup, if not he can leave
. I am not opposed to his leaving, but I think he can be a useful squad player if he is willing.

now you can see the angle I'm coming from

AMN doesn't want to be a backup squad player and arteta clearly sees him as one, so the best thing to do is to sell him to the highest bidder and use the money to bring in important players to the squad

at least he will be getting more game time in his new club

I see this as a win-win situation
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by NinjaMetahuman: 9:02pm On Aug 11, 2020
Welcome to assnal

grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:08am On Aug 12, 2020
I watched a video detailing some great saves in the recently concluded EPL season and I'm afraid Arteta may be at a dilemma deciding who to start in goal come next season.

Honestly Leno is a damn good keeper with mad reflex shocked.....Martinez appears to be so good a keeper to be a backup ; he seems like a calmer version of Leno blessed with starting-play-from-the-back which Arteta values much ( This was actually responsible for one of our goals vs man city).

Now I understand the pains of Chelsea fans cheesy. If they had just one of those two their season would really take a nice turn as opposed to having Aribisala Manning the post

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Casemiro(m): 11:29am On Aug 12, 2020
How can I know the original arsenal jersey. The one they used in winning Chelsea in the FA cup.
and where I fit buy online
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:10pm On Aug 12, 2020
Congrats to Leno.

No clean sheet tonight grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by afrodoc2: 4:17pm On Aug 12, 2020
Spy360:

But we beat United with it. We beat City and Chelsea and won the FA cup with it. We can improve on it but if the question is if it works then it's a straight answer.

Auba needs space and he won't get it playing centre. He has to shunt wide to find space. Yet we need someone at the centre to press and hold up play. In this formation, our CF is not the main goal outlet it's the wider men. The same applies to Liverpool. It's that simple. Auba playing wide does not make him the winger, it's just the formation, simple. That's why Arteta can use AMN at LB, this is so he can act as the winger when we push forward. Unless Arteta has other plans, I don't see Auba playing CF,

I said it is not working WELL. You came EIGHT in the table with it. If that is working well long may it continue.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:06pm On Aug 12, 2020
afrodoc2:

I said it is not working WELL. You came EIGHT in the table with it. If that is working well long may it continue.
We won a trophy, tongue

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 10:37pm On Aug 12, 2020
Is it official already with jersey number 22?

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 12:41am On Aug 13, 2020
Kbs468:

Those images look like photoshop.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ndidibabe(f): 5:30am On Aug 13, 2020
Kbs468:
Willian is going to Inter...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:39am On Aug 13, 2020
ndidibabe:
Oops! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 12:24pm On Aug 13, 2020
ndidibabe:
amen o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:32pm On Aug 13, 2020
Roland17:

Those images look like photoshop.
Exactly
Why not new jersey

(1) (2) (3) ... (1906) (1907) (1908) (1909) (1910) (1911) (1912) ... (3496) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.