Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:39 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1917) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2351146 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1914) (1915) (1916) (1917) (1918) (1919) (1920) ... (3544) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 10:09am On Aug 17, 2020
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang 'agrees new Arsenal deal' worth £250,000-a-week

The Gunners captain's future has been the subject of huge speculation as he enters the final year of his current deal - but he is set to sign a lucrative extension at the Emirates

By

Freddie Keighley

08:50, 17 AUG 2020

UPDATED
09:04, 17 AUG 2020

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has reportedly agreed to a new three-year deal with Arsenalwhich will see him pocket £250,000-a-week.

The Gunners captain's future has been the subject of huge speculation as he enters the final year of his current deal - but he is set to sign a lucrative extension at the Emirates

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has reportedly agreed to a new three-year deal with Arsenal which will see him pocket £250,000-a-week.

The Gunners captain had been linked with a move away from the Emirates as he entered the final year of his existing deal, with Barcelona said to be ready to swoop.

But Aubameyang, 31, now looks set to stay in North London as he commits his future to Mikel Arteta's project on a deal worth £70,000-a-week more than the contract he signed with the club in 2018.

Arteta has been outspoken on how he would like the Gabon star to put pen to paper on an extension with his side and Aubameyang sent fans into frenzy by tweeting the hourglass emoji on Sunday.

Many believed the tweet meant Aubameyang was on the cusp of signing a new deal and the Daily Telegraph reports he is now "extremely close" to doing so.

Aubameyang was Arsenal's top scorer across all competitions last season, netting 29 times and also providing three assists.

Meanwhile, the Gunners are close to securing the services of Lille centre-back Gabriel Magalhaes.

The 22-year-old Brazilian has also been linked with moves to Everton or Napoli, with the latter still hopeful of landing the €30million-rated (£27.15million) man.

Arsenal's negotiations had been led by head of football Raul Sanllehi, but he departed the club last week to leave greater control over transfers in the hands of Arteta and technical director Edu.

It is hoped the talks will not be impacted by Sanllehi's departure as the Gunners aim to land Gabriel, who made 24 appearances to help guide Lille to a fourth-place finish in Ligue 1 last season.

Lille owner Gerard Lopez confirmed the former Brazil U20 international would leave Stade Pierre Mauroy earlier this month, telling BBC Sport : "Gabriel is young, extremely powerful, currently right now probably one of the two most dominant central defenders in the French league.

"The way we work is very simple. We explain to him and his environment, his agent, what we are looking for, and once we get those offers the choice is his, like we did with Nico [Pepe] and Victor [Oshimen].

"We are there now, so we told him: 'Eventually you have to make a decision but we're not pressing you.' I think he will make it this week, or next week at the latest. He is leaving, we've given the OK for that.

"There's a lot of competition. He's a young player so he's got to make sure he makes the right decision. We help him out a little bit so we tell him: 'We think this might be the right manager or club for you.'

"He's got so much talent, he will succeed wherever he goes."Eventually you have to make a decision but we
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:10am On Aug 17, 2020
BlueRayDick:

That arungun called Emery would've lost scandalously to Man city in the semi final
For this, I'm going to his IG page to do my normal routine angry
Kokaneprodigy abeg let's go Ebening and Jerry curl page
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:38am On Aug 17, 2020
Kbs468:
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang 'agrees new Arsenal deal' worth £250,000-a-week

By

Freddie Keighley

08:50, 17 AUG 2020

UPDATED
09:04, 17 AUG 2020

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has reportedly agreed to a new three-year deal with Arsenalwhich will see him pocket £250,000-a-week.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has reportedly agreed to a new three-year deal with Arsenal which will see him pocket £250,000-a-week.

The Gunners captain had been linked with a move away from the Emirates as he entered the final year of his existing deal, with Barcelona said to be ready to swoop.

But Aubameyang, 31, now looks set to stay in North London as he commits his future to Mikel Arteta's project on a deal worth £70,000-a-week more than the contract he signed with the club in 2018.

Arteta has been outspoken on how he would like the Gabon star to put pen to paper on an extension with his side and Aubameyang sent fans into frenzy by tweeting the hourglass emoji on Sunday.

Many believed the tweet meant Aubameyang was on the cusp of signing a new deal and the Daily Telegraph reports he is now "extremely close" to doing so.

Aubameyang was Arsenal's top scorer across all competitions last season, netting 29 times and also providing three assists.

Meanwhile, the Gunners are close to securing the services of Lille centre-back Gabriel Magalhaes.

The 22-year-old Brazilian has also been linked with moves to Everton or Napoli, with the latter still hopeful of landing the €30million-rated (£27.15million) man.

Arsenal's negotiations had been led by head of football Raul Sanllehi, but he departed the club last week to leave greater control over transfers in the hands of Arteta and technical director Edu.

It is hoped the talks will not be impacted by Sanllehi's departure as the Gunners aim to land Gabriel, who made 24 appearances to help guide Lille to a fourth-place finish in Ligue 1 last season.

Lille owner Gerard Lopez confirmed the former Brazil U20 international would leave Stade Pierre Mauroy earlier this month, telling BBC Sport : "Gabriel is young, extremely powerful, currently right now probably one of the two most dominant central defenders in the French league.

"The way we work is very simple. We explain to him and his environment, his agent, what we are looking for, and once we get those offers the choice is his, like we did with Nico [Pepe] and Victor [Oshimen].

"We are there now, so we told him: 'Eventually you have to make a decision but we're not pressing you.' I think he will make it this week, or next week at the latest. He is leaving, we've given the OK for that.

"There's a lot of competition. He's a young player so he's got to make sure he makes the right decision. We help him out a little bit so we tell him: 'We think this might be the right manager or club for you.'

"He's got so much talent, he will succeed wherever he goes."Eventually you have to make a decision but we

I've not watched this new Gabriel guy before now, I checked him out on YouTube after reading this....well I don't know if he's a step in the right direction for us sha.

Maybe it's because I don't fancy the idea of left footers playing CB sha....but if he's added to the squad we will have 3 senior players who are left footers playing CB; Pablo Mari, Gabriel and Rob Holding. Then we have enough clowns holding down the right side of CB position.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:38am On Aug 17, 2020
iamoyindamola:

U get time sha grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:56am On Aug 17, 2020
BlueRayDick:

U get time sha grin
Lol
Still working from home na cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:00am On Aug 17, 2020
BlueRayDick:

I've not watched this new Gabriel guy before now, I checked him out on YouTube after reading this....well I don't know if he's a step in the right direction for us sha.

Maybe it's because I don't fancy the idea of left footers playing CB sha....but if he's added to the squad we will have 3 senior players who are left footers playing CB; Pablo Mari, Gabriel and Rob Holding. Then we have enough clowns holding down the right side of CB position.
I think Holding is right footed. Saliba (if he comes good) too is right footed.
I stand to be corrected.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:09am On Aug 17, 2020
mostob:
I think Holding is right footed. Saliba (if he comes good) too is right footed.
I stand to be corrected.
What he's saying is he doesn't like the idea of playing a left footer in CB abi blueraydick
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:16am On Aug 17, 2020
iamoyindamola:

What he's saying is he doesn't like the idea of playing a left footer in CB abi blueraydick
Haha.. there is nothing wrong there na. Infact it makes the defence more balanced.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 17, 2020
iamoyindamola:

When I dey go my own that time I call you?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:35am On Aug 17, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

When I dey go my own that time I call you?

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Junior2412: 11:55am On Aug 17, 2020
Would have lost to Sheffield

BlueRayDick:

That arungun called Emery would've lost scandalously to Man city in the semi final
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:37pm On Aug 17, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Lol
Still working from home na cheesy

Na u dey Enjoy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:44pm On Aug 17, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Yes that's what I mean
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:28pm On Aug 17, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Yes that's what I mean
But it's very okay and comfortable for players just don't play them out of position.
This is one of the reason Tierney is doing well in CB position because he played LCB

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:07pm On Aug 17, 2020
Ozil's revelations about his relationship with the club and Pepe's deal are partly what led to the sacking of Raul as the Kroenkes questioned his competence.

Hence, with the Coutinho deal seemly far away, the club will likely keep Ozil till his final year and may even consider an extension on lower terms. He will fight for a position with Willian.

The Gabriel deal is having a good head way as Arsenal has secured a bid with Lille. The only obstacle is with the player himself.

Auba is set to sign a new 3year deal worth 250k/week next week.

Arsenal will look for every possible means to offload Socrates, Mustafi, Elneny, etc even if it mean hawking them around the streets of Europe, China and America.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 4:09pm On Aug 17, 2020
signings blamed for Raul Sanllehi’s Arsenal exit

Date published: Monday 17th August 2020 2:50

Three transfers made by Raul Sanllehi during his time at Arsenal have been questioned over their value for money and reportedly led to his removal as their transfer guru.

The Gunners confirmed the Spaniard’s exit on Saturday from his role as Arsenal’s head of football.

His departure means technical director Edu and manager Mikel Arteta will assume equal say on all Arsenal transfers. The pair have already set to work by confirming the capture of Willian on a free transfer from Chelsea.

Sanllehi’s exit is part of Arsenal’s plans to trim their wage bill after a thorough review of their payroll. A difficult financial year, forced by the global pandemic, appears to have forced their hand.

However, it is understood that Sanllehi’s role at Arsenal had been under review for some time.

According to The Athletic the real reasons for Sanllehi’s departure have been ‘brewing for some time’.

The report ‘has been told the club see this [Sanllehi’s exit] as a way of streamlining their executive model in the light of COVID-19’ after already announcing 55 redundancies.

There was also thought to be ‘unease at Sanllehi’s political positioning’ with his ‘style of management’. That, apparently, did not always going down well with the Arsenal hierarchy.

In terms of recruitment, there was a feeling within the club that the former Barcelona man used his ‘trusted network of intermediaries’ too much. As a result, Arsenal’s scouting and analytics department felt they had been left ‘sidelined’.

And a number of transfers that were overseen by Sanllehi have come under scrutiny.

As per The Athletic, ‘Arsenal exceeded the asking price for Bernd Leno and paid €5million above the buyout clause for Lucas Torreira’.

There’s also been questions raised over the transfer of Nicolas Pepe and whether Arsenal got value for money. The Gunners paid a club-record £72m for the Ivorian last summer. However, he largely struggled to make an impact during his debut season.

The fee has been further highlighted by the fact Pepe was reportedly available for half the amount Arsenal paid 12 months earlier.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:30pm On Aug 17, 2020
Spy360:
Ozil's revelations about his relationship with the club and Pepe's deal are partly what led to the sacking of Raul as the Kroenkes questioned his competence.

Hence, with the Coutinho deal seemly far away, the club will likely keep Ozil till his final year and may even consider an extension on lower terms. He will fight for a position with Willian.

The Gabriel deal is having a good head way as Arsenal has secured a bid with Lille. The only obstacle is with the player himself.

Auba is set to sign a new 3year deal worth 250k/week next week.

Arsenal will look for every possible means to offload Socrates, Mustafi, Elneny, etc even if it mean hawking them around the streets of Europe, China and America.

What of kola and mkhi abi arsenal want to be unfortunate ni angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:33pm On Aug 17, 2020
Kbs468:
signings blamed for Raul Sanllehi’s Arsenal exit

Date published: Monday 17th August 2020 2:50

Three transfers made by Raul Sanllehi during his time at Arsenal have been questioned over their value for money and reportedly led to his removal as their transfer guru.

The Gunners confirmed the Spaniard’s exit on Saturday from his role as Arsenal’s head of football.

His departure means technical director Edu and manager Mikel Arteta will assume equal say on all Arsenal transfers. The pair have already set to work by confirming the capture of Willian on a free transfer from Chelsea.

Sanllehi’s exit is part of Arsenal’s plans to trim their wage bill after a thorough review of their payroll. A difficult financial year, forced by the global pandemic, appears to have forced their hand.

However, it is understood that Sanllehi’s role at Arsenal had been under review for some time.

According to The Athletic the real reasons for Sanllehi’s departure have been ‘brewing for some time’.

The report ‘has been told the club see this [Sanllehi’s exit] as a way of streamlining their executive model in the light of COVID-19’ after already announcing 55 redundancies.

There was also thought to be ‘unease at Sanllehi’s political positioning’ with his ‘style of management’. That, apparently, did not always going down well with the Arsenal hierarchy.

In terms of recruitment, there was a feeling within the club that the former Barcelona man used his ‘trusted network of intermediaries’ too much. As a result, Arsenal’s scouting and analytics department felt they had been left ‘sidelined’.

And a number of transfers that were overseen by Sanllehi have come under scrutiny.

As per The Athletic, ‘Arsenal exceeded the asking price for Bernd Leno and paid €5million above the buyout clause for Lucas Torreira’.

There’s also been questions raised over the transfer of Nicolas Pepe and whether Arsenal got value for money. The Gunners paid a club-record £72m for the Ivorian last summer. However, he largely struggled to make an impact during his debut season.

The fee has been further highlighted by the fact Pepe was reportedly available for half the amount Arsenal paid 12 months earlier.

Raul and Lille scam arsenal for pepe grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Junior2412: 5:16pm On Aug 17, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Mkhi has moved already with jersey number 7 given to Saka.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iskoki(m): 10:42pm On Aug 17, 2020
Playing for a coach that understands exactly what he needs from your available skills cannot be overstated. Lukaku broke a UEFA record tonight and is on the verge of breaking an Inter record this weekend.
I hope Arteta lives up to our expectations.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:57pm On Aug 17, 2020
iamoyindamola:
Their names dey inside the 'etc'
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iskoki(m): 3:57pm On Aug 18, 2020
Headlines are saying the deal on Magalhaes has been agreed. I wonder what our back line will be like next season.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:09pm On Aug 18, 2020
iskoki:
Headlines are saying the deal on Magalhaes has been agreed. I wonder what our back line will be like next season.
There is no surprise that Arteta and Edu are looking to shore up our defense. This will be key to our success next season. My hope is that the players are up to the task. I also hope we get a decent DM and keep Ceballos. Then our squad will be complete.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:09pm On Aug 18, 2020
If Ozil won't be playing, then we should consider Thiago or Coutinho.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 7:29pm On Aug 18, 2020
iskoki:
YES but Napoli is not giving up yet ooo

They even want to add our own sokratis papastathopoulos too ooo
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:10pm On Aug 18, 2020
Spy360:
If Ozil won't be playing, then we should consider Thiago or Coutinho.
Thiago is going to Liverpool.
Coutinho may likely stay at barca.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iskoki(m): 8:53pm On Aug 18, 2020
Kbs468:

YES but Napoli is not giving up yet ooo

They even want to add our own sokratis papastathopoulos too ooo

That would be subtracting from the value of money being offered grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iskoki(m): 8:55pm On Aug 18, 2020
Spy360:

There is no surprise that Arteta and Edu are looking to shore up our defense. This will be key to our success next season. My hope is that the players are up to the task. I also hope we get a decent DM and keep Ceballos. Then our squad will be complete.

That defence has been lacking for as long as I can remember. In fact I started doubting Emery the moment he didn't try fixing getting the right man power immediately he took over.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:58pm On Aug 18, 2020
iskoki:

That defence has been lacking for as long as I can remember. In fact I started doubting Emery the moment he didn't try fixing getting the right man power immediately he took over.

Any coach that refuses to fix this arsenal defence is bound to fail; including Arteta....Even Klopp or Guardiola comes to Arsenal, if they don't fix our shittty defence they won't make any headway

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:05pm On Aug 18, 2020
mostob:
Thiago is going to Liverpool.
Coutinho may likely stay at barca.
I hope we keep Ozil because Willian is too old to maintain that position. I also hope Emile Smith-Rowe unravels
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:38pm On Aug 18, 2020
Spy360:

I hope we keep Ozil because Willian is too old to maintain that position. I also hope Emile Smith-Rowe unravels
Arteta must keep that boy next season, the boy should work on his stamina and physique
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:38pm On Aug 18, 2020
Spy360:

Ozil sef is getting old too. My thought is if we upgrade our defence during this window,the next transfer window might be used to reinforce our midfield. Anyway, what do I know.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1914) (1915) (1916) (1917) (1918) (1919) (1920) ... (3544) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.