Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1922) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2316097 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1919) (1920) (1921) (1922) (1923) (1924) (1925) ... (3490) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:16pm On Aug 24, 2020
Spy360:

And you totally ruled out Manuel Neuer's saves

But you claimed to watch the match. Abi na BBC radio 5live you use?
Lol..
Neuer saves, not taking anything away from him, na mostly routine save. Aside the neymar's own. If any had entered, it'll be more of neuer dropping a clanger than otherwise

The fact is PSG attackers messed up big time ystdy by missing glaring chances after slicing open Bayern defence time and again. And they paid dearly for it
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 11:20pm On Aug 24, 2020
Jodera:
Lol..
My brother.
Spy na my guy na, K go too harsh for am.

But it's somehow sha, someone who didn't watch the match ystdy will think PSG didn't slice 2ru that defence but was undone by wayward finishing.

I just wan bury that matter jarey, weda defence or attack, na just make the our team be formidable, that's all what we're hoping and praying for.

Too much back and forth on a particular subject too dey draining

I knew you intentionally agreed with him to just die the subject...

I wish you see how Barcelona fans dey vex for Neymar & Mbappe on top chances they failed to bury and someone here on NL is saying defence Nuer saved them well, he is ryt though but had been those duos utilized those chances my brother spy360 would have called for the defense head forgetting both team doesnt have defense but mad attackers...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:22pm On Aug 24, 2020
Spy360:

But you said probable

If we sign him, it will no longer be probable. undecided
come on bro.
Probable lineups depends on what you have and the permutations around what you have.
We never get head way for any partey negotiation, yet you don dey add am for our team. At least, Willian and Gabriel is guaranteed, we can use probable line up(s) involving those two. Make we no dey give our sef hope only to dash it na..
Just leave partey first till we sign am(or almost guaranteed of his signing)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:37pm On Aug 24, 2020
Akinbahm:

I knew you intentionally agreed with him to just die the subject...

I wish you see how Barcelona fans dey vex for Neymar & Mbappe on top chances they failed to bury and someone here on NL is saying defence Nuer saved them well, he is ryt though but had been those duos utilized those chances my brother spy360 would have called for the defense head forgetting both team doesnt have defense but mad attackers...
My brother, that's why I die the matter oo.
If I start, e go be another back and forth again, which won't get us anywhere (cos both of us won't agree.. Lol)

Someone like spy go say na defence make sevilla beat man u for s/f Europa league but me (and some others) knows otherwise.(say na man u attack kill dem)

One thing I've come to terms with spy is..
For example, If you like let your team create 10 clean goal scoring chances, like one on one chances with keeper. If your attackers hit bar with 9 of the attempts and goal keeper saved one. And unluckily, your team concede a goal and lose that game. Just be ready for spy to blame your defence for conceding that goal, instead of the attackers for missing glaring chances that would have wrapped up the game earlier than expected.

So just free spy.. Good thing is, we all have our opinions.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 7:02am On Aug 25, 2020
Jodera:

If I start, e go be another back and forth again, which won't get us anywhere (cos both of us won't agree.. Lol)

Someone like spy go say na defence make sevilla beat man u for s/f Europa league but me (and some others) knows otherwise.(say na man u attack kill dem)

For example, If you like let your team create 10 clean goal scoring chances, like one on one chances with keeper. If your attackers hit bar with 9 of the attempts and goal keeper saved one. And unluckily, your team concede a goal and lose that game. Just be ready for spy to blame your defence for conceding that goal, instead of the attackers for missing glaring chances that would have wrapped up the game earlier than expected.

At the bolded have done that a long time ago, I think he even called for Man city defense for bottling with Lyon forgetting Sterling & Jesus should be held down for the nonsensical they performed upfront...

I only read as a guest nd comment on sth I concur with or against...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:41am On Aug 25, 2020
Jodera:
Lol..
Neuer saves, not taking anything away from him, na mostly routine save. Aside the neymar's own. If any had entered, it'll be more of neuer dropping a clanger than otherwise

The fact is PSG attackers messed up big time ystdy by missing glaring chances after slicing open Bayern defence time and again. And they paid dearly for it
PSG missed chances, so did Bayern. At the final analysis, it boiled down to the more superior defense. Defense, because common sense demands that when you lament about missed chances it means the attack wasn't as effective as expect. So it boiled down to the more superior defense. You will agree with me that the difference between Bayern and PSG was their goal keepers -Neuer and Navas and not the attackers - Lewandosky and Neymar
Since both didn't score and the player who actually scored for Bayern was only drafted in.

CC Akinbahm
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:45am On Aug 25, 2020
Jodera:
come on bro.
Probable lineups depends on what you have and the permutations around what you have.
We never get head way for any partey negotiation, yet you don dey add am for our team. At least, Willian and Gabriel is guaranteed, we can use probable line up(s) involving those two. Make we no dey give our sef hope only to dash it na..
Just leave partey first till we sign am(or almost guaranteed of his signing)
OK.

Carry this one.
grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:58am On Aug 25, 2020
Jodera:

You cannot interpret my opinion better than me. The thing you wrote up there is off my point.

For example, it was better attack that won between Bayern and Barcelona. Not that Bayern's defense was as bad as Barça's but they had a superior attack.

When you consider the argument about attack and defense it has to be subjective not objective. We are not comparing defense to defense or attack to attack of different teams but defense to attack and attack to defense of same team (I sincerely hope you grab this because I have observed it is where we have our differences)

In Bayern Vs Barca
From Bayern point of view, it was the attack that made the difference.

From Barça POV, it was the defense that failed.

In Bayern Vs PSG
From Bayern POV, it was the defense courtesy of the GK.

From PSG POV, it was the attack that failed not defense,

Hence, I said a good attack (Neymar) can win you games but it's the defense (Neuer) that ensures a title. For when it matters most (the thin line between winning and losing a final as we saw in the match) the defense becomes more critical. Because if you don't concede a goal you CANNOT lose.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:11am On Aug 25, 2020
Jodera:

No dey put partey for any probable line up until we sign am.

Possible line up next season

Willian..... Aubameyang....... Pepe

....................... Ozil ........... .............

.......... Xhaka.......... Ceballos .........

Tierney... Gabriel.. Saliba... Bellerin

........................ Leno........................

Still juicy cheesy

Ceballos, there is still the slim chance he could leave, but for now we have no real option unless Willock or Torriera.

I resisted the urge to feature Saka and Martinelli because of their age and experience.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:37am On Aug 25, 2020
Spy360:

PSG missed chances, so did Bayern. At the final analysis, it boiled down to the more superior defense. Defense, because common sense demands that when you lament about missed chances it means the attack wasn't as effective as expect. So it boiled down to the more superior defense. You will agree with me that the difference between Bayern and PSG was their goal keepers -Neuer and Navas and not the attackers - Lewandosky and Neymar
Since both didn't score and the player who actually scored for Bayern was only drafted in.

CC Akinbahm
Well, I know that lewy and neymar aren't the only attackers in their respective teams. So when I mean attackers, I'm not talking about the 9s, but the attack minded players(mostly) in the teams and also the goal scoring chances that will lead to goals that people expect.

Also, PSG carved more scoring chances than Bayern(facts). Why Bayern might do the playing, we can agree that PSG was really deadly on the counter. Either poor decision making or wayward finishing from mbappe and neymar.

When you say defence, you should talk of PSG to be honest. PSG defence to me in that match was really better than Bayern (except neuer to navas). The difference was coman not capitulating wen he had his chance unlike neymar and mbappe...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:39am On Aug 25, 2020
Spy360:

OK.

Carry this one.
grin
cheesy grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:55am On Aug 25, 2020
Spy360:

You cannot interpret my opinion better than me. The thing you wrote up there is off my point.

For example, it was better attack that won between Bayern and Barcelona. Not that Bayern's defense was as bad as Barça's but they had a superior attack.

When you consider the argument about attack and defense it has to be subjective not objective. We are not comparing defense to defense or attack to attack of different teams but defense to attack and attack to defense of same team (I sincerely hope you grab this because I have observed it is where we have our differences)

In Bayern Vs Barca

In Bayern Vs PSG

Hence, I said a good attack (Neymar) can win you games but it's the defense (Neuer) that ensures a title. For when it matters most (the thin line between winning and losing a final as we saw in the match) the defense becomes more critical. Because if you don't concede a goal you CANNOT lose.

See bro, if we look am the way you're saying it, then everybody will settle for a 0-0 draw then. Cos no matter how, even a tightly contested game will still have you saying the defence is at fault (with respect to the attack ) as you said.

While I solely get your point , I don't think I'll buy that idea.

Why?

Example is Man u vs Sevilla.
Why man u have various goal scoring chances to put that game to bed(at 1-1), they floundered. Not only will their floundering put their defence under pressure (mentally), but it'll also give Sevilla hope that if they can just nick one in again, they're good.
In this case, that act of missing chances not only might weaken your teammates who sees begging chances go to waste but will subconsciously strengthen your opponent too.
Now, if man u hadn't created numerous goal scoring chances, or their defence (Sevilla) was able to wave off the attack been thrown at them, then I'll buy your idea that yes, Sevilla defence won you that game.

I can give you so many games defence won
and
so many games attack won.

There's a reason I isolated those two, and that's the reason I want you to see. That it can be distinct and not something like words and opposite (the way you're painting it to be), that if team A wins, then it means team A attack is good and team B defence was bad (if not team A wouldn't have won).

I'm just telling you it doesn't work that way
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:58am On Aug 25, 2020
Spy360:

In Bayern Vs Barca

In Bayern Vs PSG

Your bolded sef, was what me and others were saying since, but you no gree last 2 weeks.
undecided undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:03am On Aug 25, 2020
Spy360:

Still juicy cheesy

Ceballos, there is still the slim chance he could leave, but for now we have no real option unless Willock or Torriera.

I resisted the urge to feature Saka and Martinelli because of their age and experience.
This one is better. At least compared to partey own.

Yeah, I also feel saka and martinelli can come in as subs, so that pressure won't be on them much as they're still very young.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:00pm On Aug 25, 2020
Jodera:

See bro, if we look am the way you're saying it, then everybody will settle for a 0-0 draw then. Cos no matter how, even a tightly contested game will still have you saying the defence is at fault (with respect to the attack ) as you said.

While I solely get your point , I don't think I'll buy that idea.

Why?

Example is Man u vs Sevilla.
Why man u have various goal scoring chances to put that game to bed(at 1-1), they floundered. Not only will their floundering put their defence under pressure (mentally), but it'll also give Sevilla hope that if they can just nick one in again, they're good.
In this case, that act of missing chances not only might weaken your teammates who sees begging chances go to waste but will subconsciously strengthen your opponent too.
Now, if man u hadn't created numerous goal scoring chances, or their defence (Sevilla) was able to wave off the attack been thrown at them, then I'll buy your idea that yes, Sevilla defence won you that game.

I can give you so many games defence won
and
so many games attack won.

There's a reason I isolated those two, and that's the reason I want you to see. That it can be distinct and not something like words and opposite (the way you're painting it to be), that if team A wins, then it means team A attack is good and team B defence was bad (if not team A wouldn't have won).

I'm just telling you it doesn't work that way

You cannot look at defense/attack arguments like this na. You cannot blame attack for defensive woes and vice versa. That's petty.

You pick a team that won and ask why? Which department helped them to win?

Like you said, Man Utd attack missed their chances. Was that why they lost? Do you know a goal is enough to win a match? That's primary soccer.

But let's take the Man Utd case, since attack couldn't score multiple goals, it's left for the defence to ensure they don't lose. If they had a better defense than what they brought, they would have managed the lead till game over.

Let's take Bayern as they are champions.

Like I said, their attack helped them win against Barça. They conceded twice which is enough to have knocked them out if the attack didn't outscore Barça. That's accepted. I have always posited that attack win you games.

But against PSG, for me the attack didn't measure up as expected. Probably they were cautious and missed lots of chances. It was their GK who ensured they left the pitch without conceding a goal which made them win on the night. That is the reason they are champions today. Defense ultimately win you titles.

When we consider PSG, they had in terms of individuals better quality in attack than Bayern, but that became meaningless just because they conceded a goal.

Man Utd had a better attack than Sevilla, but lost.

PSG had a (as per individuals) better attack and still lost.

So while having a good attack is very important, a good coach knows that it's defense that ultimately protects the team from losing.

I honestly don't know how to explain this view in simplier terms. I believe you assent to it but just can't get around it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:04pm On Aug 25, 2020
Jodera:
Well, I know that lewy and neymar aren't the only attackers in their respective teams. So when I mean attackers, I'm not talking about the 9s, but the attack minded players(mostly) in the teams and also the goal scoring chances that will lead to goals that people expect.

Also, PSG carved more scoring chances than Bayern(facts). Why Bayern might do the playing, we can agree that PSG was really deadly on the counter. Either poor decision making or wayward finishing from mbappe and neymar.

When you say defence, you should talk of PSG to be honest. PSG defence to me in that match was really better than Bayern (except neuer to navas). The difference was coman not capitulating wen he had his chance unlike neymar and mbappe...

I accept PSG had better chances.

I also accept PSG defense was more compact.

I cannot accept Coman was the difference. Common man.

The difference was the GKs. There were saves Neuer made that kept Bayern in the game. That ensures they didn't concede. That ultimately ensured they won on the night.

Please go through again. We have already agreed.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eawwal(m): 12:23pm On Aug 25, 2020
Confirmed: Arsenal will face league one side MK Dons in a behind closed-minded doors Pre season friendly tonight.

The match will be live on MK Don's YouTube channel (6pm)

We're back
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:42pm On Aug 25, 2020
Eawwal:
Confirmed: Arsenal will face league one side MK Dons in a behind closed-minded doors Pre season friendly tonight.

The match will be live on MK Don's YouTube channel (6pm)

We're back
We hope to see Saliba and Willian. Gabriel self should enter field immediately he signs the papers.

No time. angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eawwal(m): 1:01pm On Aug 25, 2020
Spy360:

We hope to see Saliba and Willian. Gabriel self should enter field immediately he signs the papers.

No time. angry

Gabriel will still have to quarantine for 14 days, he won't be available for the game against Liverpool.
I also hope to see saliba play
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ColtPython(m): 1:35pm On Aug 25, 2020
Remove Ozil.

Thank you.

Spy360:

Still juicy cheesy

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:38pm On Aug 25, 2020
ColtPython:
Remove Ozil.

Thank you.

OK. But he is still our player and it doesn't look like he's leaving yet.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 4:51pm On Aug 25, 2020
Jodera:
Your bolded sef, was what me and others were saying since, but you no gree last 2 weeks.
undecided undecided

I repeat again spy dey use us catch cruise grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 4:51pm On Aug 25, 2020
Mikel Arteta called Thiago on phone today over a possible move

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:53pm On Aug 25, 2020
Kbs468:
Mikel Arteta called Thiago on phone today over a possible move
Were you there

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:53pm On Aug 25, 2020
But if Tiago come arsenal Dan get carzola V2.0
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:17pm On Aug 25, 2020
iamoyindamola:
But if Tiago come arsenal Dan get carzola V2.0
I tell you. Though he is 29
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eawwal(m): 5:25pm On Aug 25, 2020
Starting XI: Leno; Cedric, Saliba, Holding, Tierney, Elneny, Xhaka, Maitland-Niles, Saka, Nketiah, Aubameyang

Bench: Macey, Ballard, McGuinness, Bola, Azeez, Cottrell, Olayinka, Oyegoke, Willock, Lewis, Nelson, Smith Rowe, John Jules.

Match starts by 6pm
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:44pm On Aug 25, 2020
Spy360:

I tell you. Though he is 29
He's not old if you see what carzola is still doing
Midfielders don't need much stress if they can read games
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:02pm On Aug 25, 2020
Eawwal:
Starting XI: Leno; Cedric, Saliba, Holding, Tierney, Elneny, Xhaka, Maitland-Niles, Saka, Nketiah, Aubameyang

Bench: Macey, Ballard, McGuinness, Bola, Azeez, Cottrell, Olayinka, Oyegoke, Willock, Lewis, Nelson, Smith Rowe, John Jules.

Match starts by 6pm
Helleny still they arsenal shocked
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dcrested(m): 6:24pm On Aug 25, 2020
Elneny don score grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eawwal(m): 6:49pm On Aug 25, 2020
Half-time score MK Dons 1-2 Arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eawwal(m): 6:51pm On Aug 25, 2020
Eawwal:
Half-time score MK Dons 1-2 Arsenal
MK Dons 0-1 Arsenal | Mohamed Elneny 5min
MK Dons 0-2 Arsenal | Eddie Nketiah 10min
MK Dons 1-2 Arsenal | Rob Holding OG 31min

(1) (2) (3) ... (1919) (1920) (1921) (1922) (1923) (1924) (1925) ... (3490) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.