Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,792 members, 7,862,622 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:04 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2008) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2361344 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010) (2011) ... (3549) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 2:58pm On Oct 18, 2020
BlueRayDick:

I agree with your points except the last paragraph where u talked about bringing Auba on from the bench. It's just like saying any Tottenham coach to bench Harry Kane and bring him on from the bench when opposing defenders are tired; It ain't gonna happen.

Auba is arguably our biggest goal threat any day any time. With Auba on the pitch opposition fullbacks always think twice before joining attack because they know how fast Auba can be and how deadly his finishing is.

True!
But i am getting frustrated with Auba goal drought.
Walker literally sat on him all day and he let it be.
He wasn't making enough runs.
It was frustrating to watch.

We really need to win Leicester by hook or crook now in our next game.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 18, 2020
pazienza:

Those other players have shown they can play in Arteta system. Even so, Xhaka is still maligned, and we all agree he is not the answer to our midfield problems. Bellerin was guilty for the goal for allowing Foden too much space and I am not a fan of his as I believe he is a poor/average defender.
Lacazette was rightly condemned for his missed chances against Liverpool and have since then been banished to bench roles by Arteta.
So don't speak like we don't think those above named players should be dropped too.
Problem is that we don't have money to change them all at a go. And when played they show efforts even though their lack of abilities let them and us down in the end.
It also helps that they are not on basic 350k salaries and bogus match benefits, they are also not into politics and religion controversies like Ozil is.

The matches we won with Ozil you mentioned above were years ago and I recall they were home matches.

Do we need an AM? Yes! Do we need Ozil? No!
We definitely need a top AM not named Ozil. My opinion though.
Ozil featured in Arteta’s games prior to the lockdown and pay cut saga and he played well the results of those games speak for themselves this already negates ur first paragraph. Like I said Ozil is not in the squad for reasons other than football performance don’t twist the narrative.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 3:06pm On Oct 18, 2020
Jodera:
The arsenal that was getting hammered cricket scores is different from this arsenal. That arsenal never lay emphasis on defence. That arsenal was easily bullied. But this arsenal isn't easily bullied, this arsenal is strong defensively compared to the previous arsenal. Yes we did carve out some chances and limited man city to few chances too. But ystdy game clearly was crying out for not necessarily ozil but a good Am. The game too against Liverpool was crying for an Am too. I guess nobody would have looked at ozil twice if we have a good AM, but since we don't have presently and we have one is his mansion, why don't we integrate him. That's what everyone is saying.

Also, auba missed chance and saka missed. But you clamouring for auba to go to the bench isn't the best way to go about it. Auba is a 9, and he's not playing as the 9(due to Arteta tactical switch), why don't you deploy him as a 9 instead of benching him cos he missed a goal. Every one knows he isn't so efficient on the wing aside his scoring, now that he's been found out, why not play him in his normal position, instead of benching him? Or you think benching him won't send a wrong signal to his teammates?
It seems you want Arteta to lose the dressing room shey?

But like you said, we move.
Let's see how we'll play against Leicester

Ozil is done at Arsenal. We all should move on .

I agree we need an AM though. Getting Aouar would have been immense, but it didn't happen because his brother who was his agent is a greedy mofo, and I don't think he would reduce his agent fee next summer either. So I guess the Aouar deal is off the table.
Maybe we should look towards Szobolozlai Dominik from RB Salzburg instead, he is younger and could come cheaper, though he just renewed his contract with the club this summer.

Yeah, we move. I believe we will get something out of the Leceister game.

A midfield trident of Saka-Partey-Ceballos should be the template going forward, if we still insist on playing Auba LW.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 3:12pm On Oct 18, 2020
kokaneprodigy:
Ozil featured in Arteta’s games prior to the lockdown and pay cut saga and he played well the results of those games speak for themselves this already negates ur first paragraph. Like I said Ozil is not in the squad for reasons other than football performance don’t twist the narrative.

How did he play well? He had just 1 assist in ten games or so. That's hardly a 350k plus match bonuses allowance performance, and we never won away to big sides in those games.
So far this season, we have won our winnable games against smaller opponents without Ozil playing.
We might have won ugly, but it was still Wins.
Ozil has never been one to take a game by the scruff of the neck in away big matches and save the day.
I don't understand why many developed selective amnesia.
Ozil wouldn't have made any difference to yesterday result outcome. How did I know that?
Antecedents! He never made a difference in big away matches at Arsenal even at his peak.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:31pm On Oct 18, 2020
Jodera:
Lol.. Aside saka, I don't see any winger that truly impresses me in our squad. It's really sad. I was thinking willian might improve our wing problem a bit, but mehn!
Well, he didn't even play wing ystdy, but then, he's been underwhelming for us since (aside Fulham game)
We were chasing the ball most of the time yesterday ,our MF can't hold the ball at all. Also, let's be frank, Auba too performed badly yesterday. Is it due to his contract or what?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:34pm On Oct 18, 2020
Even though,I might get roasted for this but I won't mind having Nelson in the squad. Pepe and Willian were not meeting our expectations.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 18, 2020
Draw plenty this weekend ooo.

How did Mou go from 3-0 to 3-3
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 7:48pm On Oct 18, 2020
Its bad for Giroud to have such creators around him and Auba is not given half that chance. Not fair. Those numbers says it all. Ozil is needed.

Willian need come on as sub for our next 4games abeg. Saka is getting bolder. Thats just a big hope in the attack.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:52pm On Oct 18, 2020
Jodera:
Lol.. Aside saka, I don't see any winger that truly impresses me in our squad. It's really sad. I was thinking willian might improve our wing problem a bit, but mehn!
Well, he didn't even play wing ystdy, but then, he's been underwhelming for us since (aside Fulham game)
Wingers are useless without an AM.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:26pm On Oct 18, 2020
mostob:
We were chasing the ball most of the time yesterday ,our MF can't hold the ball at all. Also, let's be frank, Auba too performed badly yesterday. Is it due to his contract or what?
He deserved his new contract. But something made me feel he will freeze over. I was right.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:30pm On Oct 18, 2020
pazienza:

How did he play well? He had just 1 assist in ten games or so. That's hardly a 350k plus match bonuses allowance performance, and we never won away to big sides in those games.
So far this season, we have won our winnable games against smaller opponents without Ozil playing.
We might have won ugly, but it was still Wins.
Ozil has never been one to take a game by the scruff of the neck in away big matches and save the day.
I don't understand why many developed selective amnesia.
Ozil wouldn't have made any difference to yesterday result outcome. How did I know that?
Antecedents! He never made a difference in big away matches at Arsenal even at his peak.
It's not about Ozil. It's about getting an AM. Just that Ozil is the only AM we've got for now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:31pm On Oct 18, 2020
Nna mehn see Aston Villa o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 18, 2020
Spy360:
Nna mehn see Aston Villa o
You need an AM, you couldn’t get one during the transfers. You have one but clash of egos won’t let them feature him, but he still gets paid either way. Whenever you raise it they make it seem an Ozil fan thing.

Same way they came here during Emery yelling play only “yooooot” cos the senior players ain’t performing to expectation.

I just hope none of you manages any big business with lot of employees depending on your decisions cos you’ll just collapse it and render people jobless.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 18, 2020
Even the Sheffield game wasn’t impressive, no creativity in that squad just one direction kick and follow. It’s another season with other top teams struggling and we won’t utilize the opportunity.
the likes of Everton will do a Leicester under our nose again.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:47pm On Oct 18, 2020
Spy360:

He deserved his new contract. But something made me feel he will freeze over. I was right.
One reason I'm cutting him some slack is because of our inability to create chances. I kinda think he was starved yesterday.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:26am On Oct 19, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

You need an AM, you couldn’t get one during the transfers. You have one but clash of egos won’t let them feature him, but he still gets paid either way. Whenever you raise it they make it seem an Ozil fan thing.

Same way they came here during Emery yelling play only “yooooot” cos the senior players ain’t performing to expectation.

I just hope none of you manages any big business with lot of employees depending on your decisions cos you’ll just collapse it and render people jobless.
One thing I loved Wenger for is his man management. We hardly had such issues. Wenger will play him or sell him even if to his enemy. He sold RVP to United. They won the league but we earned the money.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:10am On Oct 19, 2020
Martinez just they give me joy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:54am On Oct 20, 2020
This bot just wicked and no get joy!
I don't even know what I did yet it banned Me on all sports section lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. Now all what I wanted to reply then is now to late.. Mtcheww
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:20am On Oct 20, 2020
Jodera:
I don't even know what I did yet it banned Me on all sports section lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. Now all what I wanted to reply then is now to late.. Mtcheww
grin grin
That feeling
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:33am On Oct 20, 2020
iamoyindamola:
grin grin
That feeling
I swear, it's really annoying
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2020
Jodera:
Not only you bro. I don't know my offence.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:13pm On Oct 20, 2020
mostob:
Not only you bro. I don't know my offence.
E tire me ooo...
I no just understand this bot. Seems e no even know him work sef

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:16pm On Oct 20, 2020
Jodera:
E tire me ooo...
I no just understand this bot. Seems e no even know him work sef
Pele
Bot is acting on what was programmed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:24pm On Oct 20, 2020
Mesut Ozil has been left out of Arsenal’s 25-man Premier League squad and may have played his last game for the club, per @JamesOlley
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by drlucky17: 4:52pm On Oct 20, 2020
Hello everyone you can join this highly competitive uefa champions league fantasy league

Great Nigerians
https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uclfantasy/leagues/14HII6NWRC01/4772656174204E6967657269616E73/lanmykhael

This is the invite code
14HII6NWRC01
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iskoki(m): 3:02pm On Oct 21, 2020
It's really horrible what they're doing to our boy, see how pained he is. I really hoped Arteta would affect the situation positively. This will start to put doubt in the minds of our other stars, "could this be me next year ?"

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 4:08pm On Oct 21, 2020
iskoki:
It's really horrible what they're doing to our boy, see how pained he is. I really hoped Arteta would affect the situation positively. This will start to put doubt in the minds of our other stars, "could this be me next year ?"

but they told him to leave the team since last year
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:10pm On Oct 21, 2020
iskoki:
Na by force, he should go na
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:19pm On Oct 21, 2020
Lol... I like ozil sha.
But only ozil and arsenal knew how desperate they wanted him(ozil) out of the team. If he knew they desperately wanted him out, he should have just jejely left the team. All these shalaye no necessary sha. Many teams would have needed his services and be happy with him in their team with reduction of wage(with arsenal partly paying some). Make him just go vacation sha. Na one year flexin for am grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 4:31pm On Oct 21, 2020
kodded:

but they told him to leave the team since last year

If he actually leave truly then, wont you come for his neck?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010) (2011) ... (3549) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.