Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2317763 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2197) (2198) (2199) (2200) (2201) (2202) (2203) ... (3490) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:16am On May 11, 2021
ndidibabe:
Beer Parlour analysis as usual. Sugar Daddy's magnanimity, money doling sugar daddy...No critical reasoning..

Something is definitely wrong with you. It seems u lack attention in the real world out there..... This ur irrational behaviour really calls for concern, I hope ur loved ones can do something about it
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chic2pimp(m): 10:19am On May 11, 2021
fredoooooo:
Chic2pimp abeg you help me see Roland17, I heard he hide with you in NL ... grin cheesy grin I warn him from the beginning he no go hear now he's hiding ... grin cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:44pm On May 11, 2021
ndidibabe:
A change of coach isn't what Arsenal need. I think there is a problem at the scouting level and that is where the rebuild needs to start. You need good scouts to rebuild accordingly. Look at all the nonsense players that Arsenal has bought. Pepe, Party, Ozil ,Auba,Williams and co. Unfortunately, most of the local nairaland Arsenal fans think Auba is golden.

As it stands now, Arsenal is no longer a big club and has been relegated to a mid- table English club. No champions League and no Europa. This means you can't attract any big player. The few smart Arsenal fans will agree with me that Arsenal has no chance qualifying for the champions League for at least the next five years.

Rather than investing so much money on "big-fake" players like Partey, Pepe, Auba and Williams, Arsenal will be better scouting for upcoming and young players that won't cost more than 40m. This should at least bring them back to Europa.

If you get your signings right then Arteta will turn out well.
When an average lady analyze ball, this is what you get.
You claim arsenal is a mid table club, yet you want us to buy young unknown players less than 40m, just to get us back to "EUROPA" of all competitions. You must kuku be trolling

Of all place to change a club for better, it's scout you're clamouring for.
Calling ozil and Auba buys nonsense!

Wó, na people like spy wey dey engage you for football matters dey try.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ndidibabe(f): 12:47pm On May 11, 2021
Jodera:
When an average lady analyze ball, this is what you get.
You claim arsenal is a mid table club, yet you want us to buy young unknown players less than 40m, just to get us back to "EUROPA" of all competitions. You must kuku be trolling

Of all place to change a club for better, it's scout you're clamouring for.
Calling ozil and Auba buys nonsense!

Wó, na people like spy wey dey engage you for football matters dey try.
You are not on spy level at all. I am sure he pretty much understands.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:49pm On May 11, 2021
daveP:
Media doing a bias job when it comes to Arteta.

OleOut and LampardOut trended all season. We no even see one bad article about Arteta. Is this how high English Media respect Pep they don't want to lash his boy? Lol

Asides, the TikiTaka of Wenger Times aka Wengerball, is there going to be a return to that style, especially as a new coach looms?
Arteta is the Darling of the media. He has the amazing personality and charm that makes him likeable very well, esp from the way he talks, his hair (maybe cheesy).
Even an England manager and legend like lampard received more lashings from media for less fvcks than Arteta
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:51pm On May 11, 2021
ndidibabe:
You are not on spy level at all. I am sure he pretty much understands.
Lol....
Nobody dey drag levels here, except if it's in your mind.
But any club that follows your advice esp in this present day EPL or EPL of last five years will live to tell the story in the doldrums of relegation
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:00pm On May 11, 2021
SodO9:
I'm glad I didn't watch that Villarreal match, the way you guys are lamenting about it even highlights I won't wish for cheesy cheesy
Lol... Watching it after the live game as I did won't hurt you much. What will hurt is seeing the formation and personnel he used against west brom(except ceballos and Willian for pepe and ESR) and knowing that that same squad can actually play against poor Villarreal side and get a good result but he decides to be unfortunate by using stupid false 9 striker and playing xhaka(instead of saka) at lb.

That match hurts me more and the decision to bring out his best lineup/formation in a dead rubber match makes it worse
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:11pm On May 11, 2021
ndidibabe:
What would he had done differently with the attack? People said he removed Auba when he needed a goal. Before Auba's removal, he contributed nothing than his ball that hit the post. Some said Martinelli should have started but was he fit to start?

The problem was the two light weight in your midfield + Partey the flop. Auba is average but he would have taken his chances if well fed.

In reality, Arteta is a good coach but doesn't have a good team.

We had a better team than that Villarreal side. Losing to them in a semi final in our most important game of the season is inexcusable. The attacking tactics failed without a plan B. That's the coach. He couldn't find a way to deal with their deep defending. He simply pressed the panic button and threw all his strikers in, making the team lose shape in those final crucial minutes. That lack of experience. The team isnt good enough, so also the coach.

He may probably stay till his contract ends around October. Now that there will be no European commitments as distraction, he should be able to manage the club to at least 3rd position by that time with a genuine push for top 4. If not, he should just leave. But I think he will not stay beyond that, unless he makes me eat my words.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ndidibabe(f): 1:14pm On May 11, 2021
Jodera:
Lol....
Nobody dey drag levels here, except if it's in your mind.
But any club that follows your advice esp in this present day EPL or EPL of last five years will live to tell the story in the doldrums of relegation
When I say levels, I mean understanding of football and he is very mature too.

So you still do not agree that Ozil and Auba are "nonsense" buy? Na wha o...

There are so many young talents in Europe. Very hungry and will gladly play for a team like Arsenal. These kind of players will pick Arsenal over teams like Westham, Leicester and Everton. I am saying scout for them to get you back to Europa so that you can attract big players again.

In your own analysis, u feel the media are for Arteta simply because of his hair and personality. Are you drunk abi which kinda viewing centre talk be this? They understand the fact that Arsenal is a sinking boat with or without Arteta. The players are not just there. Which of these Arsenal players will be in the starting eleven of the present top four. Non!!! There is simply nothing he can do and they understand this.

Get decent players and get back to Europa. It's a gradual process. Arsenal, if well managed can come back to the champions League in the next five years. If they continue wasting money on flops as usual, arsenal will be fighting for relegation in the next five years.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:20pm On May 11, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... Watching it after the live game as I did won't hurt you much. What will hurt is seeing the formation and personnel he used against Newcastle (except ceballos and Willian for pepe and ESR) and knowing that that same squad can actually play against poor Villarreal side and get a good result but he decides to be unfortunate by using stupid false 9 striker and playing xhaka(instead of saka) at lb.

That match hurts me more and the decision to bring out his best lineup/formation in a dead rubber match makes it worse
Keeping it simple, is the way good coaches go whenever they face such situations. We lost the first leg due to not doing the simple things we know. It took Saka's brilliance to get a penalty and reduce the opposition to equal numbers with us. Yet we couldn't take advantage in the second leg, same mistake, Arteta could keep it simple, - make the boys play their normal game. Imagine Pepe's goal coming against Villarreal?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ndidibabe(f): 1:24pm On May 11, 2021
Spy360:

We had a better team than that Villarreal side. Losing to them in a semi final in our most important game of the season is inexcusable. The attacking tactics failed without a plan B. That's the coach. He couldn't find a way to deal with their deep defending. He simply pressed the panic button and threw all his strikers in, making the team lose shape in those final crucial minutes. That lack of experience. The team isnt good enough, so also the coach.

He may probably stay till his contract ends around October. Now that there will be no European commitments as distraction, he should be able to manage the club to at least 3rd position by that time with a genuine push for top 4. If not, he should just leave. But I think he will not stay beyond that, unless he makes me eat my words.

Do not underestimate that he achieved the FA cup in his first season itself.You can call it a fluke or whatever, but he beat city and chelsea to do it and not to mention he also beat Klopp in the PL.

My point is that no one can say he is tactically inept.If he was then there’s no way you would’ve won the FA cup.

The problem with most Arsenal fans is that they overate the team itself. That team is no better than Villarreal's. You are looking at the cost, I am looking at the talents.

They outplayed Arsenal in the first leg. If not for the fear of not loosing the second leg which led them to play with caution, Villarreal would have beaten Arsenal. That Nigeria boy kept disturbing Arsenal until he got injured..

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:34pm On May 11, 2021
ndidibabe:

There are so many young talents in Europe. Very hungry and will gladly play for a team like Arsenal. These kind of players will pick Arsenal over teams like Westham, Leicester and Everton. I am saying scout for them to get you back to Europa so that you can attract big players again.

In your own analysis, u feel the media are for Arteta simply because of his hair and personality. Are you drunk abi which kinda viewing centre talk be this? They understand the fact that Arsenal is a sinking boat with or without Arteta. The players are not just there. Which of these Arsenal players will be in the starting eleven of the present top four. Non!!! There is simply nothing he can do and they understand this.

Get decent players and get back to Europa. It's a gradual process. Arsenal, if well managed can come back to the champions League in the next five years. If they continue wasting money on flops as usual, arsenal will be fighting for relegation in the next five years.
Five years is too much for a club of our status (I know you think we are now mid table, but we are still among the most valuable clubs in Europe) and that is adding to the previous years since Wenger.

We have just the next season, and personally for me staying out of Europe should enable a good coach get us back to top four having less distractions.

If we can get Periera (AM), Bissouma (DM) and trim down the squad for focus we will do fine.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ndidibabe(f): 1:37pm On May 11, 2021
Spy360:

Five years is too much for a club of our status (I know you think we are now mid table, but we are still among the most valuable clubs in Europe) and that is adding to the previous years since Wenger.

We have just the next season, and personally for me staying out of Europe should enable a good coach get us back to top four having less distractions.

If we can get Periera (AM), Bissouma (DM) and trim down the squad for focus we will do fine.
Please this is not a troll. I can't just remember. When was the last time Arsenal played in the champions' league?It should be close to five years now...

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:37pm On May 11, 2021
ndidibabe:

Lemme skip that maturity part in your first paragraph as it'll make us derail which I don't want.

Now you're talking auba and ozil are nonsense buys cos of how they fared at the twilight of their career I guess. I don't know what you mean by "nonsense" but one thing I do know is that at the time they came, they would have walked into any top4 team bar maybe man city. I'm not forgetful of the contribution they gave to us. I'll never forget ozil and his chance creation, I'll never forget Auba(esp last season). No arsenal fan, I repeat, no arsenal fan would call both nonsense buys.

Now, you talk about young talents coming to arsenal over the type of west Ham and Everton. Why I'll agree with you on that cos of arsenal been the bigger club than them, but only a foolish board will strictly buy youngsters to lead a club forward. Not only will they not bring revenue to the club but they are a very very huge gamble. Filling your squad with Smith Rowes and Sakas without any established or successful player to look up to is just plainly naive, and even if they grow up to become stars, they'll quickly port to better teams. Not forgetting that this is EPL where no one waits for you. You have Arteta learning on the job, you still want unknown "potential" talents to learn on the job too. Recipe for relegation.

And on the Arteta hair jab, it's not my fault you can't catch a joke when it's boldly written in your face. Even the emoji ought to tell you it's a joke, but ofcourse, I don't blame you if you don't understand how guys joke.
And hey, media doesn't care about sinking ship. They didn't care about it during Emery, but it's Arteta they're supposed to care. You must be kidding.

Lemme just believe you're just here to troll as you normally do

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:38pm On May 11, 2021
ndidibabe:
Do not underestimate that he achieved the FA cup in his first season itself.You can call it a fluke or whatever, but he beat city and chelsea to do it and not to mention he also beat Klopp in the PL.

My point is that no one can say he is tactically inept.If he was then there’s no way you would’ve won the FA cup.

The problem with most Arsenal fans is that they overate the team itself. That team is no better than Villarreal's. You are looking at the cost, I am looking at the talents.

They outplayed Arsenal in the first leg. If not for the fear of not loosing the second leg which led them to play with caution, Villarreal would have beaten Arsenal. That Nigeria boy kept disturbing Arsenal until he got injured..
What you saw was the effect of superior coaching rather than superior talents. If Emery had our team, he'd still beat Arteta.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ndidibabe(f): 1:39pm On May 11, 2021
Jodera:

Lemme skip that maturity part in your first paragraph as it'll make us derail which I don't want.

Now you're talking auba and ozil are nonsense buys cos of how they fared at the twilight of their career I guess. I don't know what you mean by "nonsense" but one thing I do know is that at the time they came, they would have walked into any top4 team bar maybe man city. I'm not forgetful of the contribution they gave to us. I'll never forget ozil and his chance creation, I'll never forget Auba(esp last season). No arsenal fan, I repeat, no arsenal fan would call both nonsense buys.

Now, you talk about young talents coming to arsenal over the type of west Ham and Everton. Why I'll agree with you on that cos of arsenal been the bigger club than them, but only a foolish board will strictly buy youngsters to lead a club forward. Not only will they not bring revenue to the club but they are a very very huge gamble. Filling your squad with Smith Rowes and Sakas without any established or successful player to look up to is just plainly naive, and even if they grow up to become stars, they'll quickly port to better teams. Not forgetting that this is EPL where no one waits for you. You have Arteta learning on the job, you still want unknown "potential" talents to learn on the job too. Recipe for relegation.

And on the Arteta hair jab, it's not my fault you can't catch a joke when it's boldly written in your face. Even the emoji ought to tell you it's a joke, but ofcourse, I don't blame you if you don't understand how guys joke.
And hey, media doesn't care about sinking ship. They didn't care about it during Emery, but it's Arteta they're supposed to care. You must be kidding.

Lemme just believe you're just here to troll as you normally do
You type too much and make less sense. Honestly, I couldn't finish reading this. Less interesting.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ndidibabe(f): 1:40pm On May 11, 2021
Spy360:

What you saw was the effect of superior coaching rather than superior talents. If Emery had our team, he'd still beat Arteta.
Whose superior coaching? Arteta won the FA...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:41pm On May 11, 2021
ndidibabe:
Please this is not a troll. I can't just remember. When was the last time Arsenal played in the champions' league?It should be close to five years now...
You don see am now. The only good thing I have gained from Arsenal is the ability to withstand constant shock and pressure which I have added to my current CV... grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:43pm On May 11, 2021
ndidibabe:
Whose superior coaching? Arteta won the FA...
Emery is better than Arteta for me. He has his flaws but he is superior to Arteta

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:46pm On May 11, 2021
Spy360:

Keeping it simple, is the way good coaches go whenever they face such situations. We lost the first leg due to not doing the simple things we know. It took Saka's brilliance to get a penalty and reduce the opposition to equal numbers with us. Yet we couldn't take advantage in the second leg, same mistake, Arteta could keep it simple, - make the boys play their normal game. Imagine Pepe's goal coming against Villarreal?
Exactly. You play a 4141 formation you've never played before, when your players understand the 4231 perfectly and most are fit and available.
Just unnecessary panic, and that's not an attribute of a good coach.
Just trying to be smart unnecessarily. You've saka that can play Lb both good attacking wise and defensively but you chose a limited slow xhaka to Mann that place. Not that saka doesn't have a good replacement sef. Just over thinking things

In fact, I feel he learnt all the negative attributes of Pep sef
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:50pm On May 11, 2021
ndidibabe:
You type too much and make less sense. Honestly, I couldn't finish reading this. Less interesting.
if your brain couldn't comprehend it, you should get an interpreter for understanding.
You're just shallow in your analysis and it shows
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ndidibabe(f): 1:51pm On May 11, 2021
Spy360:

Emery is better than Arteta for me. He has his flaws but he is superior to Arteta
Hmm. I won't disagree. It was Arsenal delusion that they have a good team and a bad manager that made them sack Emery.

Emery is a courageous coach. He tried to play his pattern- play from the back. Unfortunately, he had the wrong team that couldnt play modern football.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ndidibabe(f): 1:51pm On May 11, 2021
Jodera:
if your brain couldn't comprehend it, you should get an interpreter for understanding.
You're just shallow in your analysis and it shows

Baby, cry, cry....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:52pm On May 11, 2021
ndidibabe:
Baby, cry, cry....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ndidibabe(f): 2:01pm On May 11, 2021
Spy360:

You don see am now. The only good thing I have gained from Arsenal is the ability to withstand constant shock and pressure which I have added to my current CV... grin
Lol. Don't raise Ur BP unnecessarily, bro. It's close to five years without CL football. Be ready for another five years at least. Just take things as they come. The damage has already been done. My hubby was a die-hard arsenal fan. He cares less now and that's because he understands the system.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by SodO9: 2:15pm On May 11, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... Watching it after the live game as I did won't hurt you much. What will hurt is seeing the formation and personnel he used against west brom(except ceballos and Willian for pepe and ESR) and knowing that that same squad can actually play against poor Villarreal side and get a good result but he decides to be unfortunate by using stupid false 9 striker and playing xhaka(instead of saka) at lb.

You just explained why I'm glad I didn't cheesy
I saw the line up and xhaka was in left back I already gave up but he got injured I still didn't care cos his approach to the match was obvious
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:51pm On May 11, 2021
ndidibabe:
Hmm. I won't disagree. It was Arsenal delusion that they have a good team and a bad manager that made them sack Emery.

Emery is a courageous coach. He tried to play his pattern- play from the back. Unfortunately, he had the wrong team that couldnt play modern football.
Emery worked with a worse team than Arteta, probably a little patience was what we needed. But patience is very expensive now.

That squad needs trimming and lots of replacements. A new coach too perhaps.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by SodO9: 4:06pm On May 11, 2021
Twenty-two hundred

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:54pm On May 11, 2021
The only thing I can say about this season is that there have been a lot of trials and errors. The experiments performed by Arteta this season have not paid off on the long run.

He sometimes complicate the simplest decision.

TBH, I'm not excited about the coming season. That might change though after a couple of matches.[b]The only thing I can say about this season is that there have been a lot of trials and errors. The experiments performed by Arteta this season have not paid off on the long run.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Neobulletzz(m): 5:20pm On May 11, 2021
Dead Club cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:13pm On May 11, 2021
SodO9:

You just explained why I'm glad I didn't cheesy
I saw the line up and xhaka was in left back I already gave up but he got injured I still didn't care cos his approach to the match was obvious
Lol... I didn't know he was injured sef. Just surprised I didn't see him in the match.

Anyways, Artetaout
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:14pm On May 11, 2021
mostob:
The only thing I can say about this season is that there have been a lot of trials and errors. The experiments performed by Arteta this season have not paid off on the long run.

He sometimes complicate the simplest decision.

TBH, I'm not excited about the coming season. That might change though after a couple of matches.[b]The only thing I can say about this season is that there have been a lot of trials and errors. The experiments performed by Arteta this season have not paid off on the long run.
Arteta is the luckiest coach in England. No more no less.

At least, Wenger earned his.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2197) (2198) (2199) (2200) (2201) (2202) (2203) ... (3490) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.