Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,484 members, 7,861,393 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:30 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2360003 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2207) (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) ... (3549) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:20pm On May 27, 2021
Make una small small dey drag my Nwanne @Spy360 angry angry grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:20pm On May 27, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... Nothing pain me reach 2015/2016 season. The season where we had peak ozil, peak Sanchez, peak cazorla, peak coquelin. Defence not bad. What was just sorely needed was a good striker to feed off ozil Sanchez and cazorla creativity, but what did he do? He brought in injured Kim kardashian kallstrom. Average below par sub standard Giroud our stiker went on goal drought for a month plus if not more and our title ambition disappeared. Yet they will say we're still building stadium and paying Emirates debt. Laughable grin
You will accuse me of being emotional. But, when you said Wenger brought, you sound like he had options of either Kim Kardashian or Christiano Milan
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:23pm On May 27, 2021
Jodera:
Any body talking about how it's wrong to sack Emery have forgotten how bad we really are. Like I said earlier, sacking him isn't wrong, but maybe replacing him with Arteta. It's just like man u fans asking why they sacked mourinho cos of Ole failings.

Seems we've forgotten how Emery was for us, lemme do a little refresher

1... Emery lost the dressing room. Any coach, no matter how good, who loses his dressing room deserves the sack. No two ways about it

2... Who has forgotten Emery countless formations? Today we'll do 3133, tomorrow 3313. Next week 4231, then the next 4312. The players are always confused and he also seem confused too.

3... Who can forget the shots we receive per match? Almost 15+ averagely, if not for the heroics of Leno then, na basket we for dey carry goals weekly.

4.. Against Southampton, lacazette scored the equalizer and made facial expression as if he regretted scoring. Worst part is nobody even met to celebrate with him. That tells you the unhappiness in the camp.
Our grinding machine nko?

Abeg, I detested the last days of Emery era and nobody can convince me otherwise that the board made a wrong decision to sack him. His found his level, kudos to him
The problem as mentioned was replacing him with Arteta. If you have to choose between Emery and Arteta who would you choose?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 6:31pm On May 27, 2021
Fkhalifa:

You don't get me, Arsenal was like relegation threatened teams who often call up on Allardyce to safe them, I only used that simile to buttress why Emery wasn't hired majorly to win the league or UCL but rather take midtable teams back to UCL which I feel he was good enough and could have achieved in a sane environment he proved again yesterday anyways.

You said Emery failed in his first season but if you look deep inward you'll know with the bad Atmosphere he had, he alone shouldn't take the entire blame...

If you consider facts like him having no say on players signings and no backing from the board( Which serious club concentrates on bringing Retirees like Luiz and Litchtener while your rivals were signing the Maguire,V.dijk and Laporte) who allowed players to disrespect mock the coach...

Also, club where every players are mostly insipid and lackadaisical with zero fight of every drop of their sweat and blood...

Bro, The problem is the mentality and atmosphere around the club from the owner to the board to the coaching crew and players even to some of the fans.

I want to see how Pep and Klopp will survive competiting with Luiz,Mustafi,Kolasinac,Litchtener against Laporte,Diaz, V.dijk and Maguire.

I totally agree that the board wanted reaping where they never even viewed as farming land.

I hated the signing that came in under him. Fact was even if it was two top signings that they got him, it would have shifted blame enough to Emery.

However he lost it with all those crappy tactics he was employing. Who recall the match Guendozi was expecting Xhaka or so to tackle an opponent that just dispossessed Guen??!!

The board extended their greed to Emery. Its been there all Wenger days.

60-40 is the ratio of blame for Board and Emery.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 6:34pm On May 27, 2021
BlueRayDick:

If u hear them talk about "Good Ebening" glowingly u will think he's some pep Guardiola reincarnate or something. The Spaniard Kadiri Ikana actually finished 7th in the La Liga in a season which Barca, Madrid and Sevilla with their aging squad were not in great form.....Yet na 7th Good Ebening carry.

The fact is even if u buy that guy the whole Dortmund team and their budding talents, the highest "Good Ebening" will get you is to win one cup competition and then maybe qualify for Europa the next season. He is a cup competition coach and won't get you far in the league. Like u rightly said, this man will win Europa with Sevilla, qualify for Champions league and still drop back to Europa ...... grin Isn't that some crazy shit? Funny enough he has qualified for Champions league tru Europa cup now, my eyes are certainly on him to see if his Leopard will change his spots next year.

Arteta as rookie manager won F.A cup in his first full season and was almost going to make another cup final before he outdid himself. I'm all for replacing Arteta if we get a top coach willing to take the job, but I will never agree a little patience from the fans would've turn around our fortune under "Good Ebening " ; that guy exhausted our patience and he got what was coming to him.

With the atmosphere around Emirates, even a Pa Ancelotti would struggle. No bite, drive or edge. We are in the Robotic football days though. I twale for managers that gives players freedom to act outside the box cos its unbearable.

Justified that Emery got his sack for not being able to do something in the league. He did take us to the final, didn't he? That wasn't bad for any post-wenger season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 6:35pm On May 27, 2021
johnjunior39:
Dear Arsenal a 22yr old Donnuranma will be a free agent....
We are the only few that can offer him first team, Leno is 29 oh.

I don't even understand this who noise about singing another defender, are we selling holding and Mari

I hear Wojiech is also going to be available.

I don forget how to type Sczchezny!!

And Now Mourinho want Xhaka at Roma!!

My my.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 6:41pm On May 27, 2021
fredoooooo:
Roland17, padimi ..
Zidane , Conte are available o, should we start start doing daily contributions abi make we go collect gbomu le lantern money from bank, to pay them .. grin

Zidane
Conte
Gattuso
Allegri
Martinez
Poch
Julian
Joachim
Nuno

Coach yapa o....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:43pm On May 27, 2021
Roland17:
Make una small small dey drag my Nwanne @Spy360 angry angry grin
grin

Nwanne, ike gwuru!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:46pm On May 27, 2021
daveP:

Zidane
Conte
Gattuso
Allegri
Martinez
Poch
Julian
Joachim
Nuno

Coach yapa o....

Nagelsmann has gone to Bayern.

Zidane, Conte, Alegri, and Low will not join Arsenal without significant investment. These are no Wengers.

Gatusso, Martinez, Poch and Nuno are no better than Arteta.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:52pm On May 27, 2021
daveP:

Zidane
Conte
Gattuso
Allegri
Martinez
Poch
Julian
Joachim
Nuno

Coach yapa o....

Gattusso? Biko kwa! Besides he is now with Fiorentina.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:05pm On May 27, 2021
daveP:

I totally agree that the board wanted reaping where they never even viewed as farming land.

I hated the signing that came in under him. Fact was even if it was two top signings that they got him, it would have shifted blame enough to Emery.

However he lost it with all those crappy tactics he was employing. Who recall the match Guendozi was expecting Xhaka or so to tackle an opponent that just dispossessed Guen??!!

The board extended their greed to Emery. Its been there all Wenger days.

60-40 is the ratio of blame for Board and Emery.
I'm glad you understood me smiley
I mean Emery can never be so daft to prefer Litchtener, Luiz and Sokratis to the Maguire, V.dijk and Laporte of this world... In fact he said he wanted Maguire..

Also no matter how Guendozi impressed me, I knew deep down he was supposed to be understudying the likes of Parteys in midfield from the bench, I'm sure Emery can't have Partey and play Guen...in fact he wanted Partey that year...

There was a Pepe and Zaha saga too.
Unai Emery:

� “We signed Pepe. I favoured someone who knew the league. Zaha won games on his own: Tottenham, Man City, us. Incredible performances. I told them: ‘This is the player I want.’ I met Zaha and he wanted to come, but the club decided Pepe was one for the future."

See how Utd fans are all on Ole, he had the backing of the board yet failed to win against an average side in Spain. To me, the blame is justified.

Like you said, They took the greed to Emery, for me they are doing that with Arterta...Arterta got his issue too, but he isn't backed the way he should of the target is top4 and UCL..

The board knows fans will be excited with a 6/7 games fa cup win.

Watch out how they will cash in on Willock,Guen and Torreira just to balance Party's fees. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:11pm On May 27, 2021
daveP:

With the atmosphere around Emirates, even a Pa Ancelotti would struggle. No bite, drive or edge. We are in the Robotic football days though. I twale for managers that gives players freedom to act outside the box cos its unbearable.

Justified that Emery got his sack for not being able to do something in the league. He did take us to the final, didn't he? That wasn't bad for any post-wenger season.

I want to see how Pep and Klopp will dominate England with Litchtener, Luiz, Sokratis,Mustafi,Kolasinac, Mhicky etc.

I'm still on my stance, the so called big mangers are not finding the Arsenal job attractive ...only youth corpers like Arterta can.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:12pm On May 27, 2021
Spy360:

Zidane, Conte, Alegri, and Low will not join Arsenal without significant investment. These are no Wengers.

100% my point. smiley

I disagree on Nuno not better tham Arterta sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 7:15pm On May 27, 2021
Spy360:

No Better you say? Abeg na!! Ahhh. Call the color what it really is abeg!! embarassed

The rest are sha available.

So Wenger na the SI unit of SapaSoccer now ba? grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 7:17pm On May 27, 2021
Roland17:

Gattusso? Biko kwa! Besides he is now with Fiorentina.
shocked

Osimhen no go dey hear 1000 Victor calls from the touchline no more every match!!

Victor
Victor
Vic
Viiiixxxxcc
grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 7:25pm On May 27, 2021
Fkhalifa:

I'm glad you understood me smiley
I mean Emery can never be so daft to prefer Litchtener, Luiz and Sokratis to the Maguire, V.dijk and Laporte of this world... In fact he said he wanted Maguire..

Also no matter how Guendozi impressed me, I knew deep down he was supposed to be understudying the likes of Parteys in midfield from the bench, I'm sure Emery can't have Partey and play Guen...in fact he wanted Partey that year...

There was a Pepe and Zaha saga too.
Unai Emery:

� “We signed Pepe. I favoured someone who knew the league. Zaha won games on his own: Tottenham, Man City, us. Incredible performances. I told them: ‘This is the player I want.’ I met Zaha and he wanted to come, but the club decided Pepe was one for the future."

See how Utd fans are all on Ole, he had the backing of the board yet failed to win against an average side in Spain. To me, the blame is justified.

Like you said, They took the greed to Emery, for me they are doing that with Arterta...Arterta got his issue too, but he isn't backed the way he should of the target is top4 and UCL..

The board knows fans will be excited with a 6/7 games fa cup win.

Watch out how they will cash in on Willock,Guen and Torreira just to balance Party's fees. cheesy

Yeah the Zaha thing. Wasn't it 50m they said was his tag and they were doing minimini manimo with 35-40m that year?

Being backed by the board is something any coach considers as a big blessing. Imagine the Lampard situation happening at Emirates??

Arteta for win A double!!

But like Emery, his knack for silly tactics(both of them), and XI Permutations and Combinations (only Arteta, with 37 different pairing of XI this season alone, the highest in the EPL) ruined things.

Either of them will do considerably well with 200m for any Transfer window. Infact with the meticulous way they spend, they might get 6 spectacular players with such amount.

But wishes are snails for Arsenal right now!!

They should keep Willock to me. Never liked his style. But boy's been outstanding vs big 6 teams consecutively.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 7:29pm On May 27, 2021
Fkhalifa:

I want to see how Pep and Klopp will dominate England with Litchtener, Luiz, Sokratis,Mustafi,Kolasinac, Mhicky etc.

I'm still on my stance, the so called big mangers are not finding the Arsenal job attractive ...only youth corpers like Arterta can.

Time will tell.

I have no hope for any Arsenal Transfers for like a decade now. But i dunno, the takeover bid seems so strong. EkOver about to happen.

No top outlet have really spoken about it though. Just Vierra for now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:40pm On May 27, 2021
Fkhalifa:

You still do not get or agree with some of my points and I don't know how to explain further than I've done.

Summarily, My point is Unai Emery has proven he is not a bad manager( with his trophies in Europe and France), good enough to take Arsenal to Europe only if the board were financially ambitious enough, and have players who can fight with blood on the pitch as we've seen with his previous teams... Dazzal
Lol... I get your point.
True tho
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:41pm On May 27, 2021
Fkhalifa:

100% my point. smiley

I disagree on Nuno not better tham Arterta sha
That one is debatable.

As for your points on Emery, o ga diri gi mma.

That's what I have been preaching, and it affected every coach.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:42pm On May 27, 2021
Spy360:

It makes more sense than what you stated of him.
false...
I'm criticizing his action about what he did to our club. You want me to attack his person which I can never subscribe to.

I wholeheartedly disagree with you there
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:44pm On May 27, 2021
daveP:

No Better you say? Abeg na!! Ahhh. Call the color what it really is abeg!! embarassed

The rest are sha available.

So Wenger na the SI unit of SapaSoccer now ba? grin
Lol.

Only Nuno can be argued. A bit of Pochentino but the guy can't win a trophy. The rest are shitt
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:48pm On May 27, 2021
Jodera:
false...
I'm criticizing his action about what he did to our club. You want me to attack his person which I can never subscribe to.

I wholeheartedly disagree with you there
You said he raised the mentality in the club and also brought it down, -true or false?

Then I said, it doesn't make sense to me.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:25pm On May 27, 2021
It looks like clear-out is serious this time and has commenced.

Luiz is leaving
According to DiMarzio, and Fabrizo, Willian does not want to return and is 100% set to leave Arsenal.
Xhaka has commenced negotiations with AS Roma, A Bundesliga is also interested but he looks set to join Mourinho at Roma.

May the spirit of this clear-out not be a smokescreen angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 8:28pm On May 27, 2021
Jodera:
Yeah...
Hopefully, he'll get a full preseason to himself plus no Europe distraction. Seeing that stupid won't sack him, let me be a little optimistic and see what he can do cool

He got potential though if you ask me but Arsenal job seems to be bigger than his head well, I hope he prove me wrong later sha...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:35pm On May 27, 2021
Spy360:

What other mistakes did Wenger make? Those talking about Wenger's mentality probably never watched a team he coached.
1.. only a team that has a coach that's mentally weak will receive 6-0 on the coach's 1000th game in charge from the hands of his fiercest rival. Worst part is that the rival insulted the coach days before the wayar-ing

2... Only a mentally weak team will collect 5-1s back to back to back by from a particular club

3.. Only a mentally weak team will falter once the pressure is much. Arsenal during Wenger always top the table but falter around dec or Feb. It's a norm

I don't want to talk about the Cricket scores we collect from fellow top4 hopefuls.

Bro, If you're still stuck with Wenger of pre 2008 era then that's your luck. I'm not
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:37pm On May 27, 2021
Spy360:

You said he raised the mentality in the club and also brought it down, -true or false?

Then I said, it doesn't make sense to me.
Why doesn't it make sense?
That you don't want to answer.

Bring facts up let's hear, not just saying "it doesn't make sense"
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:41pm On May 27, 2021
Spy360:

You will accuse me of being emotional. But, when you said Wenger brought, you sound like he had options of either Kim Kardashian or Christiano Milan
Do you even believe what you wrote?
So no better player in the market except injured 31yr old Kim kallstrom?
You're funny
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:49pm On May 27, 2021
Spy360:

The problem as mentioned was replacing him with Arteta. If you have to choose between Emery and Arteta who would you choose?
We've seen the worst of Emery then. The Arteta appointment looks like a gamble the board was/is willing to give time

Same way zidane or guardiola is given gambled appointment by both Madrid and barca is the same way Arteta is given such appointment. It's only a matter of time before we know whether the board made wrong decision or not.

Like blueray said, we know Arteta was inexperienced before giving him the job but we still backed him and hope for the best unless he fvxjks up. So to me, I don't see the reason why we should be comparing Arteta with Emery
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:52pm On May 27, 2021
Akinbahm:

He got potential though if you ask me but Arsenal job seems to be bigger than his head well, I hope he prove me wrong later sha...
True.... He got potential

I just hope he prove us all wrong this coming season sha. Read on a popular tabloid that arsenal is 3rd on the table when the starts ranking from the 24th of December to 23rd of may
Also, that's the time our play considerably improved. So I'm just a bit hopeful

On a side note, I still have a pending discussion with you. But I'll bring it up after I've done my season's rating this weekend
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:03pm On May 27, 2021
Fkhalifa:
This is one of the worst Arsenal sides I have ever witnessed. Not in quality but in attitude, will to win, turn up at important games, motivation etc. etc. There are a few quality players especially in some of the youngsters who are in danger of being overplayed. When results don’t matter we suddenly win 5 meaningless games in a row at the end of the season I will sit and take notice if we win the FIRST 5 games of next season. The sad fact is, we have become a mid table side with a mountain to climb to even get back to our previous default position of top 4 in the EPL. #copied

Attitude and Motivation, another pressing issue I feel can only be solved by flushing half the squad and bringing in energetic and spirited players like the Sanchez and Kantes.
To me I feel it's the reverse. This squad is poor in quality but have a better attitude compared to their Walcott set.
What killed this squad is quality.

No great Am and weak midfield
No great winger(don't call me Pepe yet please and saka is still too young for the year round hutsle)
No great cf. Declining auba and limited Laca

I'll just say our back is okayy or slightly on par with previous arsenal team.

To me, the lack of quality is glaring but at least the attitude is a bit better

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 9:18pm On May 27, 2021
If only

Iniesta et Xavi Reloaded

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by SodO9: 9:20pm On May 27, 2021
Roland17:
It looks like clear-out is serious this time and has commenced.

Luiz is leaving
According to DiMarzio, and Fabrizo, Willian does not want to return and is 100% set to leave Arsenal.
Xhaka has commenced negotiations with AS Roma, A Bundesliga is also interested but he looks set to join Mourinho at Roma.

May the spirit of this clear-out not be a smokescreen angry

Hallelujah

(1) (2) (3) ... (2207) (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) ... (3549) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.