Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2613) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2321647 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2610) (2611) (2612) (2613) (2614) (2615) (2616) ... (3491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 2:24pm On Jun 09, 2022
ObaIgwe1:

Lol

For the record though, Arteta didn't refuse to sign a central forward during the last January transfer window... he kept saying he was expecting additions, but unfortunately the qualities he wanted refused to join us and we know why. We cannot just sign players that will not improve the team just for the fun of signing. The good thing that came from that was that we gave Nketiah more playing time and suddenly discovered his worth and why C.Palace and other clubs were desperate to sign him last summer. Thank God we didn't let him go free only to discover we lost a gem later on.

Blowing our chances for ECL is really painful... I am sure even Arteta feels the pain too... maybe more than many of us. But that is Football.

Actually I doubted the process initially, but since a Rookie was employed to take on a big club like Arsenal, I believe the best we could do was give him maximum support and right the environment to learn and succeed for the sake of the club we love... But now I am actually beginning to trust the process... The future will be tougher and more challenging but I am positive we will get there.

The sooner you realize that arsenal is too big for arteta, the better for you because arteta does not know what he is dong, don't fall for all those media tricks, he does not have a clue about what he is doing.

He is not tactical savy like the media want to paint him to be, he is cluesless and the only magic up his sleeves is his trail by error tactis.

He has nothing upstairs, the sooner you realise the better.

By the way nkeitah is just as cluesless as his boss, there is nothing special about nkeitah infact a serious team that is fighting for the league will not sign nkeitah to be their 3rd striker talk more of paying him £100k a week to stay.

His stat is there to see, he is nothing but an average goal poacher that strives on scramble goals (defensive error goals), that is not a sustainable way to score goals for a premier league striker.

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 09, 2022
Fernandinho on a one year deal...

Thoughts?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 5:58pm On Jun 09, 2022
Dreamswayne:
Fernandinho on a one year deal...

Thoughts?
another willian undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:08pm On Jun 09, 2022
Be like thunder wan strike those incharge
Fernandinho KO Fernandez ni
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 7:10pm On Jun 09, 2022
kodded:

The sooner you realize that arsenal is too big for arteta, the better for you because arteta does not know what he is dong, don't fall for all those media tricks, he does not have a clue about what he is doing.

He is not tactical savy like the media want to paint him to be, he is cluesless and the only magic up his sleeves is his trail by error tactis.

By the way nkeitah is just as cluesless as his boss, there is nothing special about nkeitah infact a serious team that is fighting for the league will not sign nkeitah to be their 3rd striker talk more of paying him £100k a week to stay.

His stat is there to see, he is nothing but an average goal poacher that strives on scramble goals (defensive error goals), that is not a sustainable way to score goals for a premier league striker.

That Arsenal is too big for Arteta is no longer news, I even alluded to that in the post you quoted. But the sooner you realize that Arteta is here and there is nothing you and I can do in the main time to remove him, the better. We cannot wish him failure cos doing that means wishing the club to fail.

And whichever way you take it, Arteta took us from the bottom of the league from Gameweek-4 to 5th position is something, we almost got 4th position sef. And considering he has the youngest squad with most of them just start playing together. So if we base our assessment on the results alone, we can say he is the 5th best manager in the league for now, while I agree Arsenal is bigger than Arteta, he is not someone I will call clueless.

I do not wish to debate Nketiah with you, but very very few people will call someone that scored 5 goals in 8 matches he started "clueless". If only Laca has been giving us that conversion rate of late, we would have probably extended his contract. If we dont sign him for 100k/wk other clubs will.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:53pm On Jun 09, 2022
ObaIgwe1:

That Arsenal is too big for Arteta is no longer news, I even alluded to that in the post you quoted. But the sooner you realize that Arteta is here and there is nothing you and I can do in the main time to remove him, the better. We cannot wish him failure cos doing that means wishing the club to fail.

And whichever way you take it, Arteta took us from the bottom of the league from Gameweek-4 to 5th position is something, we almost got 4th position sef. And considering he has the youngest squad with most of them just start playing together. So if we base our assessment on the results alone, we can say he is the 5th best manager in the league for now, while I agree Arsenal is bigger than Arteta, he is not someone I will call clueless.

I do not wish to debate Nketiah with you, but very very few people will call someone that scored 5 goals in 8 matches he started "clueless". If only Laca has been giving us that conversion rate of late, we would have probably extended his contract. If we dont sign him for 100k/wk other clubs will.
I must commend your maturity and civility in answering those questions because they are quite annoying.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:55pm On Jun 09, 2022
kodded:

If Lacazette was scoring those 'defensive error' goals, we would be handing him new contract and not letting him go for free.

Before they say I like 'vawulence' let me add that all goals are directly or indirectly due to defensive errors.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:00pm On Jun 09, 2022
Spy360:

I must commend your maturity and civility in answering those questions because they are quite annoying.

Because if na you, e for don become fight and name calling grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:24pm On Jun 09, 2022
Roland17:

Because if na you, e for don become fight and name calling grin grin grin
Nwanne ike gwuru

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 8:46pm On Jun 09, 2022
ObaIgwe1:

Because I support a coach does not mean that I will support his ridiculous decisions.

This season is his make or break season, if he does not qualify for top 4 or win the europa title after spending over £300million in 4 years, I believe that he should be sack immediately.

By the way I'm not hating on Nketiah, I just dont see the hype around that boy, how can you tell me that nkeitah deserve a £100k salary because of his late season form.
I mean look at the stat of a striker that you want to give £100k sad

10 goals in 6 season with the club, haba. sad

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:37pm On Jun 09, 2022
kodded:

Because I support a coach does not mean that I will support his ridiculous decisions.

This season is his make or break season, if he does not qualify for top 4 or win the europa title after spending over £300million in 4 years, I believe that he should be sack immediately.

By the way I'm not hating on Nketiah, I just dont see the hype around that boy, how can you tell me that nkeitah deserve a £100k salary because of his late season form.

100k for a second striker no be big money in this present market na. I don't know how much you're expecting him to be collecting but I think it's fair.

Moreover, that bolded is too much unfair on Nketiah. How many matches did he start and how many run of games did he have.
You saying 10 goals in 6 seasons is half-truth.

Why not 10goals in 19 starts??
12g/a in 19 starts nko?? grin

If only Lacazette can give us 10 goals in 19 starts this season, we for dey top4
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:54pm On Jun 09, 2022
Whenever I dey see people underrate "defensive error goals" or "tap in goals", I laugh.

I know during a Liverpool match this season (Carabao cup) when a Liverpool defender(I've forgotten who it was) gave a short pass to his keeper. Because none of our attacker pressed him, no one was able to capitalise on that loose ball which made the defender run back to correct his error. We ended up not scoring in that match and worst part is that the score was even goalless then.

His Defensive error goals made us won against Chelsea when the hope was slim and Leeds when we still needed a win and if not for Arteta's arrogance against Tottenham, that defensive error goals would have secured us top 4.
If only Lacazette was forcing and was pouncing on those defensive errors from one of those games we lost, I'm sure we would have seen top4 by now.

Nobody is saying Nketiah is the next thing after slice bread, but at least he gave his all. He shouldn't be called clueless if we dey look for person from the squad to point finger at
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 9:55pm On Jun 09, 2022
kodded:

Try and read in between the lines.

Yes 10 goals in 6 seasons, but what you didn't consider even from the screenshot you attached is that he only featured in 59 matches in 6 seasons (In all competitions o). Also more than 70 % of the 59 matches were played from the bench...at the dying minutes of the game most times.

But this season, thanks to the fact that we couldn't sign a striker in January, with Laca declining, Nketia was allowed to start 8 matches and he scored 5 goals. Even though we will not call it phenomenal performance, but that is an above average performance.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nilon: 10:18pm On Jun 09, 2022
kodded:

gosh, how can I like this over and over again. You spoke the truth and nothing but the truth. You are not like those useless arsenal fans that come here and speak from both sides of their mouth

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 12:08am On Jun 10, 2022
ObaIgwe1:

Try and read in between the lines.

Yes 10 goals in 6 seasons, but what you didn't consider even from the screenshot you attached is that he only featured in 59 matches in 6 seasons (In all competitions o). Also more than 70 % of the 59 matches were played from the bench...at the dying minutes of the game most times.

But this season, thanks to the fact that we couldn't sign a striker in January, with Laca declining, Nketia was allowed to start 8 matches and he scored 5 goals. Even though we will not call it phenomenal performance, but that is an above average performance.
Okay, let's agree that it was laca and abua that was blocking nkeitah star from shining

Lets hope that next season is his season, because if he loseguard as a blackman wey him be na big time fvck up after getting an increased pay check that his mate over here in africa will only dream of.

but to be honest that young man is giving me joe willock vibes
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:20am On Jun 10, 2022
Nilon:
gosh, how can I like this over and over again. You spoke the truth and nothing but the truth. You are not like those useless arsenal fans that come here and speak from both sides of their mouth
Kodded should be more concerned about a non fans supporting his post as against his fellow Arsenal fans. He could be trolling himself. undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:22am On Jun 10, 2022
kodded:

Okay, let's agree that it was laca and abua that was blocking nkeitah star from shining

Lets hope that next season is his season, because if he loseguard as a blackman wey him be na big time fvck up after getting an increased pay check that his mate over here in africa will only dream of.

but to be honest that young man is giving me joe willock vibes
Nketiah is receiving big pay because he signed a long term contract plus he is free. Other clubs like Crystal Palace would even give him more. If he blows next season we would sell him (if we so wish) for far more whatever he will get. Think like a business man.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:25am On Jun 10, 2022
marquinos finally signed
Arteta is working grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 10:54am On Jun 10, 2022
Spy360:

Nketiah is receiving big pay because he signed a long term contract plus he is free. Other clubs like Crystal Palace would even give him more. If he blows next season we would sell him (if we so wish) for far more whatever he will get. Think like a business man.
a sound business man will not invest on a player that showed great form only towards the end of the season because that form could be a purple patch.

What if nkeitah returns back to the 2 goals a season striker we know him in the past to be, what will happened to his value

Have you forgotten that joe willock scored many goals two seasons ago?

Where is that form today?

If na so you dey do business, that means so many people go scam you well well o with black market performance just to sign a new contract and after signing the contract they will return back to default settings.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 10:55am On Jun 10, 2022
iamoyindamola:
marquinos finally signed
Arteta is working grin grin grin
the premier league ain't ready yet
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:24am On Jun 10, 2022
kodded:
the premier league ain't ready yet
grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:49pm On Jun 10, 2022
kodded:
a sound business man will not invest on a player that showed great form only towards the end of the season because that form could be a purple patch.

What if nkeitah returns back to the 2 goals a season striker we know him in the past to be, what will happened to his value

Have you forgotten that joe willock scored many goals two seasons ago?

Where is that form today?

If na so you dey do business, that means so many people go scam you well well o with black market performance just to sign a new contract and after signing the contract they will return back to default settings.
You probably don't know that every investment comes with an element of risk. Even your so called top strikers can fade in an instant. Lukaku for example was bought for 80m last season but is going on loan this season. Now compare that risk with paying Nketiah 100k.

We sold Willock for 30m. We made good money off him because he had a contract with us .

You lack business acumen. I am sorry to say so. Those professionals who run the club and who know better than you have already done what they should. So stop whining and whinging.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:58am On Jun 11, 2022
Arteta should call back Jerry curl we fvcking need him now, his partnership with partey will be bloody
He's improve so well
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:53am On Jun 11, 2022
iamoyindamola:
Arteta should call back Jerry curl we fvcking need him now, his partnership with partey will be bloody
He's improve so well
Too late
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:19am On Jun 11, 2022
mostob:
Too late
Nothing is late
Marseille never pay na, even if we wan sell he shouldn't go for cheap again

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:25pm On Jun 11, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Nothing is late
I'm not sure Guen will be willing to come. Person wey dey persuade Willie to stay at Marseille
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:36pm On Jun 11, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Nothing is late

Who go coach Guen? Arteta?
You neva hear say Arteta no like players wen dey opinionated and independent minded? Except you want make fight dey happen everyday for training.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:45pm On Jun 11, 2022
Roland17:

Who go coach Guen? Arteta?
You neva hear say Arteta no like players wen dey opinionated and independent minded? Except you want make fight dey happen everyday for training.
Then the board are not working
Guen was better than all our midfielders except partey last season.
I use to be one of his critics but he has really improved
He's now a regular in the French team, this arteta will ruin us eventually.
We now release players after investing heavily on them even bellerin is telling us to release him so that he will go to betis permanent
Same thing florentina wan try with torreira, that guy sef we can still use him

I feel if we get all óur loaned midfielders back and we invest heavily on strikers and wingers we will move weight
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:48pm On Jun 11, 2022
mostob:
I'm not sure Guen will be willing to come. Person wey dey persuade Willie to stay at Marseille
Omo I no gree we must collect our guy back, na by force
I watched his highlights of this ending season the guy was the heart of Marseille midfield, keys passes and assists with some goals too

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:05pm On Jun 11, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Then the board are not working
Guen was better than all our midfielders except partey last season.
I use to be one of his critics but he has really improved
He's now a regular in the French team, this arteta will ruin us eventually.
We now release players after investing heavily on them even bellerin is telling us to release him so that he will go to betis permanent
Same thing florentina wan try with torreira, that guy sef we can still use him

I feel if we get all óur loaned midfielders back and we invest heavily on strikers and wingers we will move weight

My position is not new about our coaching but right now, Arteta should be allowed to get the players he wants.

I don’t think Arteta can manage Guen, we know his disposition about certain type of players. There is no need trying to bring Guen back only to end up on the bench or banished from the first team because he is opinionated.

You have to understand that Guen has a lot of things going for him right now. He is making the Les Bleus national team and if he continues will be at the World Cup. He is going to play in the UCL next season, which means more exposure. He is playing in his homeland and is very comfortable with his manager, J. Sampaoli who has helped Guen mature and get better in expressing himself on and off the pitch.

So, why should he leave all of these positives and stability to join Arsenal in the EL, fight with coach when he chooses to air his opinion, get benched and then lose out on making the World Cup? You have to remember he is no longer that 19 year old we signed from Lorient. He now has a lot of experience and that comes with even more voice.

Baba that ship has sailed. I hope we can find 2 quality midfielders and a good striker, we can’t field the same quality in both positions like we did last season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:09pm On Jun 11, 2022
Roland17:

My position is not new about our coaching but right now, Arteta should be allowed to get the players he wants.

I don’t think Arteta can manage Guen, we know his disposition about certain type of players. There is no need trying to bring Guen back only to end up on the bench or banished from the first team because he is opinionated.

You have to understand that Guen has a lot of things going for him right now. He is making the Les Bleus national team and if he continues will be at the World Cup. He is going to play in the UCL next season, which means more exposure. He is playing in his homeland and is very comfortable with his manager, J. Sampaoli who has helped Guen mature and get better in expressing himself on and off the pitch.

So, why should he leave all of these positives and stability to join Arsenal in the EL, fight with coach when he chooses to air his opinion, get benched and then lose out on making the World Cup? You have to remember he is no longer that 19 year old we signed from Lorient. He now has a lot of experience and that comes with even more voice.

Baba that ship has sailed. I hope we can find 2 quality midfielders and a good striker, we can’t field the same quality in both positions like we did last season.
Well said
But we are selling for a small fee someone of his quality
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:21pm On Jun 11, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Well said
But we are selling for a small fee someone of his quality
I agree with you about the fees but I think it buttresses the failures of the club in managing player contracts.
Guen has 1 year left in his current contract and there is absolutely no way he is signing an extension considering his relationship with the club.
That means we have to take whatever we can get, else he goes for free next year especially when you consider he has no plans to return this season.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2610) (2611) (2612) (2613) (2614) (2615) (2616) ... (3491) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.