Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2754) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2322775 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2751) (2752) (2753) (2754) (2755) (2756) (2757) ... (3492) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:53pm On Sep 06, 2022
daveP:

Semantics aren't going to make any difference. Nobody attacked his person. But you're making it look that way and it can't work. He was terrible vs Man u. You're even going on a vs with pundits like asif all of them no sabi wetin dia eyes see?? That's hilarious.

Fans came for xhaka, laca, pepe, etc. I don't have a slight impression or hint of ever seeing you to defend them the way you're doing Sambi. Infact Sambi hasn't gotten 1/10 of the criticism that Elneny has gotten.

Besides, if you think that's demoralizing, then you should be protecting Ramsdale and not Sambi. At least project consistency on such a stance if that's your aim.

Cr7 as goat still gets attack for his performance. Infact Bruno was criticized for his performance in most games this new season. They even attacked his person.

This style no go work. We complained at some players and they got benched. Ozil sef no far. Positional discipline is one of the crux he has with manager, then attitude.

If all what we are doing is wrong, then no be sports o.

I leave your own stance vs the Arsenal Legends that have dropped their own opinion.

If we want to activate the faith in Patrick Vieira's statement about our aim for glory, them either Sambi doubles up or gets bench. I don't want to imagine getting roasted if he doesn't get disciplined enough to know where he ought to be.
Thank you for this Abeg. 100% spot on!!

No be say we dey even attack him all round game oo. Just his defensive frailties is mostly being criticized and him dey defend am like say that defensive aspect no matter for a deepest Midfielder.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:54pm On Sep 06, 2022
iamoyindamola:
Omo you guys are the best grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:26pm On Sep 06, 2022
Jodera:
grin grin grin grin
You grab abi
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:32pm On Sep 06, 2022
iamoyindamola:

You grab abi
Lol, I grab wella na grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 7:36pm On Sep 06, 2022
iamoyindamola:
Omo you guys are the best grin grin grin
This Man grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:08pm On Sep 06, 2022
Shegzdave:

This Man grin
cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:45am On Sep 07, 2022
Jodera:
The way you dey shield this guy, someone will think he's the first to be played out of position. But that's not even the one that is funny. What is funny is how you used throughout last season to hype Lokonga that he can play Partey's role and can play it effectively. Now this season, the same Lokonga that can play Partey's role and he's the closest person to play that lone base 6 is now being "played out of position" by you grin.
Aren't you funny spy grin

Talking about playing out of position. Saka was never a Lb right from academy , but he played that place effectively for us that most people mistook him for Lb. Nobody was saying "he wasn't a Lb, he isn't this" because he put in the work to make himself capable. Even Smith Rowe that was played out of position last season playing wing didn't need this kind of shielding. But all of us should keep quiet and clap for Sambi just because he's playing out position shebi?

And like I said, nobody hates Sambi. We just don't want him playing that base 6 cos he normally cost us games playing there. We can't be shielding him and his performances while our 3points go dey go AWOL.

And I can see you just use plenty English yet you couldn't prove that I blamed Sambi for the 3rd goal. That one dey by the way sha.

I just hope Partey recovers fully and stay fit while we get a good DM in January. So that All these our talks about Sambi go cease hopefully
You guys were acting like I was defending his errors which I didn't. Neither was I claiming that he played well. I even accused him of trying to impress and so messed up. I accused him of foraying too forward and exposing the midfield when there weren't any covers. What I didn't do was to put the blame on anyone unlike you and a few others. Players make mistakes every game.

What I was looking at was the team set up after 1-1. Even Arteta himself acknowledged that the game wasn't handled well as we were dominating. What I said was we should have sat back a bit and patiently cut United apart into pieces. We lost a game we dominated not because of the players errors but the way the game was managed. Even the substitutions were hasty. When the players were pushing high, the manager should have called everyone to order and position. Asking them to balance and spread out. That's why he is on the touch line.

In summary, errors were made, but that's the small picture. The big picture was bad game management. That's on Arteta.

Let this one slide.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KingAlabi: 10:21am On Sep 07, 2022
Jodera:
Lol, you own na to always get time when arsenal Fvck up shebi? grin

Lemme ooo grin
Lolz grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:07am On Sep 07, 2022
3 at the back tomorrow?

Turner

Tomi
Holding
White

Cedric
Sambi
Xhaka
Tierney

Nketiah
ESR
Fabio
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:02pm On Sep 07, 2022
mostob:
3 at the back tomorrow?

Turner

Tomi
Holding
White

Cedric
Sambi
Xhaka
Tierney

Nketiah
ESR
Fabio

Line up makes sense. I heard Arteta has been working on a back 3 with the squad, but that's mainly to boost attack when down. They should try its effectiveness against a European side.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:41pm On Sep 07, 2022
Leno: “When I realized that it wasn't about performance or quality, I knew that I had to go. In preparation, I saw that it is not about performance, but only about politics. It was clear to me: I had to get out of here

First it was about Tavarez misyarning about arsenal not putting an "option to buy" clause in his loan and now Leno? Wetin dey do all these players and what Politics is Leno talking about here?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:43pm On Sep 07, 2022
Jodera:
Speaking with
@SPORTBILD
Bernd Leno touched on leaving #afc: “When I realized that it wasn't about performance or quality, I knew that I had to go. In preparation, I saw that it is not about performance, but only about politics. It was clear to me: I had to get out of here

First it was about Tavarez misyarning about arsenal not putting an "option to buy" clause in his loan and now Leno? Wetin dey do all these players and what Politics is Leno talking about here?
Obviously there's biased selection in the team but not on Leno he's yarning dust
As for tavarez he's young and stupid nothing more
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:56pm On Sep 07, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Obviously there's biased selection in the team but not on Leno he's yarning dust
As for tavarez he's young and stupid nothing more
Yeah, Leno is the least person to be yarning that kind dust, I never expected such a thing from him.

Sometimes I wonder whether some of these players just want to talk for talking sake
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:00pm On Sep 07, 2022
Jodera:
Yeah, Leno is the least person to be yarning that kind dust, I never expected such a thing from him.

Sometimes I wonder whether some of these players just want to talk for talking sake
This guy wasn't even better than Martinez that led us to trophies
German shepherd grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by patrickmuf(m): 6:07pm On Sep 07, 2022
afrodoc:
Ooops. Wrong thread.

Sorry. cry
A very honest mistake...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 6:07pm On Sep 07, 2022
Jodera:
Leno: “When I realized that it wasn't about performance or quality, I knew that I had to go. In preparation, I saw that it is not about performance, but only about politics. It was clear to me: I had to get out of here

If this was coming from Martinez, I’ll still think about it but from Leno that after sustaining injury that season, Martinez replaced him and won us trophies and even kept clean sheets shocked
Some players just open mouth and say stuffs and you’ll be shocked.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:11pm On Sep 07, 2022
iamoyindamola:

This guy wasn't even better than Martinez that led us to trophies
German shepherd grin grin
na wetin dey pain me with that talk. He wasn't even better than Martinez that we ditched Martinez for and him dey yarn dust like this.

Leno sef fall person hand
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:15pm On Sep 07, 2022
Shegzdave:

If this was coming from Martinez, I’ll still think about it but from Leno that after sustaining injury that season, Martinez replaced him and won us trophies and even kept clean sheets shocked
Some players just open mouth and say stuffs and you’ll be shocked.
I swear. It's just ludicrous coming from him. Person wey we ditch Martinez for Is talking about Politics, performance and quality. Something he gained during his time here oo

Leno fall hand wella with that talk
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:44pm On Sep 07, 2022
Jodera:
na wetin dey pain me with that talk. He wasn't even better than Martinez that we ditched Martinez for and him dey yarn dust like this.

Leno sef fall person hand
Blueraydick come and carry your guy
Naso you tackle me when Martinez too talk
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:45pm On Sep 07, 2022
What performance is he talking about, let's start from there
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:01pm On Sep 07, 2022
I know Arsenal is a patient club but how the hell did Arteta survive this? shocked
How did we, the fans even survive those weeks sef.

Omo!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:03pm On Sep 07, 2022
iamoyindamola:
What performance is he talking about, let's start from there
Maybe him dey talk about him time under Emery cos I don't even understand grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:20pm On Sep 07, 2022
Jodera:
Maybe him dey talk about him time under Emery cos I don't even understand grin
The werey is part of the reason we conceded comic goals I still remember the one we conceded against Burnley where people blame xhaka
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:33pm On Sep 07, 2022
iamoyindamola:

The werey is part of the reason we conceded comic goals I still remember the one we conceded against Burnley where people blame xhaka
Lol, I remember that pass to Xhaka that caused the goal grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:39pm On Sep 07, 2022
mostob:
3 at the back tomorrow?

Turner

Tomi
Holding
White

Cedric
Sambi
Xhaka
Tierney

Nketiah
ESR
Fabio

just seeing this now sef.

Cedric and Nketiah are injured.
We need to rest Xhaka and Sambi also.

It'll be surprising to see who starts tomorrow las las
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:01pm On Sep 07, 2022
Jodera:
Lol, I remember that pass to Xhaka that caused the goal grin
If it's performance he should be be German GK now
Martinez is full international with trophies to back it up and we got good money from Martinez
Not him that Fulham are paying us scrap value amount

Thunder fire him blokos
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:55pm On Sep 07, 2022
iamoyindamola:

If it's performance he should be be German GK now
Martinez is full international with trophies to back it up and we got good money from Martinez
Not him that Fulham are paying us scrap value amount

Thunder fire him blokos
grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:16pm On Sep 07, 2022
This one wey Liverpool dey lule like this ..shey I no go reason Arsenal back like this cheesy
Meanwhile, congratulations to Matteo Guendozi and Tavares for making their UCL debut at that early age. kiss

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 9:52pm On Sep 07, 2022
Mikel Arteta on Vieira:

“We were looking for players that could play in three positions in the frontline. We were looking for very specific qualities & when I saw him, I really liked what I saw. Straight away, I was convinced he was a player who can help us go to the next level.”
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:59pm On Sep 07, 2022
Jodera:
I know Arsenal is a patient club but how the hell did Arteta survive this? shocked
How did we, the fans even survive those weeks sef.

Omo!!!!

Go back to those dates on this thread and see me wailing and crying in the wilderness all by myself about Arteta angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:15pm On Sep 07, 2022
Roland17:

Go back to those dates on this thread and see me wailing and crying in the wilderness all by myself about Arteta angry angry
I remember that time wella cos nothing wey you no talk then grin

Lol, even me wey been dey defend Arteta ran out of excuses
Not only were we playing drab and nonsense football, we were losing back to back.

Thank God those days are over hopefully .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 11:23pm On Sep 07, 2022
Jurgen Klopp when asked if he's worried about getting the sack like Tuchel at Chelsea: "Not really, this is not the case". � #LFC

"Our owners are rather calm and expect me to sort the situation and not think someone else will", Klopp says.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2751) (2752) (2753) (2754) (2755) (2756) (2757) ... (3492) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.