Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2947) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2314264 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2944) (2945) (2946) (2947) (2948) (2949) (2950) ... (3485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 10:25pm On Feb 15, 2023
Lana1:
Dear Roland17,

Abeg I no wan see tears o.

Yours sincerely,
Lana1

Baba, you no see my wailing after Everton loss? I don gba kamu, after all, top 4 was the target.

Na with relaxed mind I go take read all upcoming epistles, many of which will just dance around our problems and assure you that all is well.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:25pm On Feb 15, 2023
Vieira na minus jare.... grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:26pm On Feb 15, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Shey na me put the players there
When everyone knows partey is injury away from disaster Baba go carry Chelsea wash up player

Funny enough Jorginho was impressive in the match sef grin

The only problem he had in the match was not turning and making forward passes to the set dem Saka and Martinelli up as often as Partey does

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 10:29pm On Feb 15, 2023
Ibime, can we return the jogger and pay you guys to keep him? Man dey forbid to play attacking pass.

I no like wetin I no like

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:30pm On Feb 15, 2023
Them say top4 is the target
Top4 here we come
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ibime(m): 10:31pm On Feb 15, 2023
Roland17:
Ibime, can we return the jogger and pay you guys to keep him? Man dey forbid to play attacking pass.

You must like am by force

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:31pm On Feb 15, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Funny enough Jorginho was impressive in the match sef grin

The only problem he had in the match was not turning and making forward passes to the set dem Saka and Martinelli up as often as Partey does
How na
They were running over the midfield with ease, xhaka returned to default settings with misplaced passes

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 10:32pm On Feb 15, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Top4 here we come

Baba, use whisper talk am abeg.

Na with "Relaxed Mind" I go take read all the words of encouragement and denial.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 10:33pm On Feb 15, 2023
Ibime:

You must like am by force

No be this type dem dey like by force.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 10:35pm On Feb 15, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Top4 here we come
With this one we’ve not recorded a single win in three games? I just hope it won’t be like Chelsea last season ooo

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:37pm On Feb 15, 2023
It was fun while it lasts.
That loss against Everton was where we started getting it all wrong.
Abeg, I no wan hear any nonsense game in hand excuse o grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:40pm On Feb 15, 2023
Dear Kokane, At this rate, it's like both defense and attack can't win a league o sad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:40pm On Feb 15, 2023
iamoyindamola:

How na
They were running over the midfield with ease, xhaka returned to default settings with misplaced passes

I'm only reporting what I saw in the match. We had more possession than man city sef. The major problem were his constant unnecessary recycling of the ball. He wasn't making forward passes like Partey would do
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:40pm On Feb 15, 2023
Roland17:

Baba, use whisper talk am abeg.

Na with "Relaxed Mind" I go take read all the words of encouragement and denial.

All those motivational speakers
They have forgotten opportunity is taken when presented, maybe in a decade we can have such again
Chelsea are rebuild
Man utd will get a new rich owner
City are city
Newcastle will start rolling with the big boys
Spuds may get affiliate with psg owners
Liverpool might not work alone

But we are stuck with kroneke, I am sure he may be discouraged if nothing good comes out this season and not invest again

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:42pm On Feb 15, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I'm only reporting what I saw in the match. We had more possession than man city sef. The major problem were his constant unnecessary recycling of the ball. He wasn't making forward passes like Partey would do
Because they surrendered possession to us, they know little pressure will force us to commit mistakes which happened
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ballzproblem2: 10:45pm On Feb 15, 2023
EmmanuelScott1:

😂😂

Ever since jorginho enter, arsenal life has never remain the same
how you go buy jorginho say na squad depth 🤧

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 10:47pm On Feb 15, 2023
mostob:
It was fun while it lasts.
That loss against Everton was where we started getting it all wrong.
Abeg, I no wan hear any nonsense game in hand excuse o grin

For me the Newcastle game triggered me. The response on this thread after the Everton loss was it for me. I couldn’t believe the things I was reading here after that loss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ballzproblem2: 10:48pm On Feb 15, 2023
I said it here Arsenal don't have the financial capacity to maintain elite quad went from caicedo to jorginho ,who does that? If arsenal lose out on the title point hand towards edu and kroenke cause their tight hand is costing your league chase ,till next time
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 10:49pm On Feb 15, 2023
iamoyindamola:

All those motivational speakers
They have forgotten opportunity is taken when presented, maybe in a decade we can have such again
Chelsea are rebuild
Man utd will get a new rich owner
City are city
Newcastle will start rolling with the big boys
Spuds may get affiliate with psg owners
Liverpool might not work alone

But we are stuck with kroneke, I am sure he may be discouraged if nothing good comes out this season and not invest again

I can’t wait for the epistles, my people call it “Okwu nkasi obi” I swear I can’t wait . Make I also read where pesin blame Korenke again for this thread. There is 0 sense of awareness.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by milann: 10:56pm On Feb 15, 2023
Who won?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by milann: 11:01pm On Feb 15, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
how you go buy jorginho say na squad depth
if dem no buy, na u go complain with your leaky leaky mouth. Jorginho dis jorginho dat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by FBS: 11:51pm On Feb 15, 2023
Roland17:

grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by TradingGod: 12:08am On Feb 16, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
I said it here Arsenal don't have the financial capacity to maintain elite quad went from caicedo to jorginho ,who does that? If arsenal lose out on the title point hand towards edu and kroenke cause their tight hand is costing your league chase ,till next time
senior man no be Korenke fault o.

The Club had the opportunity to put the league to bed since the very first week of the transfer window because the owner had given the club the go ahead to sign any player at any cost to help us win the league this season but Edu and the fans with their small club menatilty thought that it was better to compete for the league title next season since our goal this season originally was to qualify for top4

some deluded fans even supported crazy Edu decision to forgoe signing Mudryk because of extra £5million

I was literally crying when we lost mudryk to you guys for only £5million and danilo to Nottingham forest for £20million just because we wanted to go big in the summer.

Like who does that?
Who plans for the future when You are currently leading man city of all teams with 8 big good massive points

Mudryk would have fitted our style of play like a glove because of his quick pace, quick feet for dribbling in tight space and acceleration for a quick counter attack. And he would have added another dimension to our attack because martinelli is now very predictable and trossard is slow for a quick counter setup thereby making us easy to defend when counter attacking

Now we have Jorginho that you guys have used up and trossard that will never give us that additional dimension mudryk speed would have given us.

Anyways I still trust the Arteta process because he is the reason we are here in the first place smiley

COYG

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ballzproblem2: 12:24am On Feb 16, 2023
TradingGod:
senior man no be Korenke fault o.

The Club had the opportunity to put the league to bed since the very first week of the transfer window because the owner had given the club the go ahead to sign any player at any cost to help us win the league this season but Edu and the fans with their small club menatilty thought that it was better to compete for the league title next season since our goal this season originally was to qualify for top4

some deluded fans even supported crazy Edu decision to forgoe signing Mudryk because of extra £5million

I was literally crying when we lost mudryk to you guys for only £5million and danilo to Nottingham forest for £20million just because we wanted to go big in the summer.

Like who does that?
Who plans for the future when You are currently leading man city of all teams with 8 big good massive points

Mudryk would have fitted our style of play like a glove because of his quick pace, quick feet for dribbling in tight space and acceleration for a quick counter attack. And he would have added another dimension to our attack because martinelli is now very predictable and trossard is slow for a quick counter setup thereby making us easy to defend when counter attacking

Now we have Jorginho that you guys have used up and trossard that will never give us that additional dimension mudryk speed would have given us.

Anyways I still trust the Arteta process because he is the reason we are here in the first place smiley

COYG
well said, arteta is good coach but without proper financial backing I'm afraid it will be the same story year in year out .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by TradingGod: 1:21am On Feb 16, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
well said, arteta is good coach but without proper financial backing I'm afraid it will be the same story year in year out .
Arteta might get the backing he needs next transfer window hopefully Edu and the board give him what he want this time
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:38am On Feb 16, 2023
My Thoughts on the Game

1... We played a nice game in the first half but really had a breakdown in attack considering our final balls . It just reminded me of our first leg against Man u earlier this season where our attackers and midfielders weren't just in sync with one another when it comes to final passes or just that killer pass to open things up.
2nd half everything changed and the moment got to our players.

2... For all the criticism Ben White might have for not being convincing in attack, yesterday was one of the reasons why Arteta probably prefers him to Tomi. It's a basic knowledge for technical defenders to always scan their surrounding before passing back in case if any opposition is lurking around. White, Zinny and Saliba are mostly the people I'm sure in our backline who does this consistently. Unfortunately, under pressure, Tomi buckled!!

3... Nketiah really really tried filling in for Gabriel Jesus in his absence and I really appreciate that. But then, ystdy and recent weeks just shows few of many things Jesus brings that makes this team better. Aside his pressing from the front and in Midfield, the ability to dribble and drive the ball forward is something we miss In that front line to open up spaces and create tons of chances. His holdup up play, inter play, fluid movement and aerial ball winning is something that we're lacking in that front line as presently Saka seems to be the only one amongst our front 3 who seems to win aerial balls. Jesus not scoring (abi having a goal drought) seems to make most not realize how much he brings to this team even when he's not scoring.

4... We were working on 3412/3142 formation during preseason and we were using it this season whenever we were searching for goals and it worked mostly for us (the game against Fulham a good example). I wonder why Arteta is abandoning it now when we really needed it most. This like-for-like substitution anytime where looking for goal is not just working out. Abi is that 3142 formation specifically for Jesus and Nketiah upfront? undecided

5... Yesterday our some of the players were nervy and it affected their play and those around them. Xhaka in particular was guilty. Jorginho tried especially in regulating and few forward passes but it just shows that Partey is boss. We really miss him ystdy and I just hope he isn't out for long. Hopefully he'll make the squad against Leicester (same with Jesus).

Not a good result or performance but we move. Aston Villa next. Hopefully, we'll get the 3 points to restore optimism and positivity

COYG!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:20am On Feb 16, 2023
Jodera:
My Thoughts on the Game

1... We played a nice game in the first half but really had a breakdown in attack considering our final balls . It just reminded me of our first leg against Man u earlier this season where our attackers and midfielders weren't just in sync with one another when it comes to final passes or just that killer pass to open things up.
2nd half everything changed and the moment got to our players.

2... For all the criticism Ben White might have for not being convincing in attack, yesterday was one of the reasons why Arteta probably prefers him to Tomi. It's a basic knowledge for technical defenders to always scan their surrounding before passing back in case if any opposition is lurking around. White, Zinny and Saliba are mostly the people I'm sure in our backline who does this consistently. Unfortunately, under pressure, Tomi buckled!!

3... Nketiah really really tried filling in for Gabriel Jesus in his absence and I really appreciate that. But then, ystdy and recent weeks just shows few of many things Jesus brings that makes this team better. Aside his pressing from the front and in Midfield, the ability to dribble and drive the ball forward is something we miss In that front line to open up spaces and create tons of chances. His holdup up play, inter play, fluid movement and aerial ball winning is something that we're lacking in that front line as presently Saka seems to be the only one amongst our front 3 who seems to win aerial balls. Jesus not scoring (abi having a goal drought) seems to make most not realize how much he brings to this team even when he's not scoring.

4... We were working on 3412/3142 formation during preseason and we were using it this season whenever we were searching for goals and it worked mostly for us (the game against Fulham a good example). I wonder why Arteta is abandoning it now when we really needed it most. This like-for-like substitution anytime where looking for goal is not just working out. Abi is that 3142 formation specifically for Jesus and Nketiah upfront? undecided

5... Yesterday our some of the players were nervy and it affected their play and those around them. Xhaka in particular was guilty. Jorginho tried especially in regulating and few forward passes but it just shows that Partey is boss. We really miss him ystdy and I just hope he isn't out for long. Hopefully he'll make the squad against Leicester (same with Jesus).

Not a good result or performance but we move. Aston Villa next. Hopefully, we'll get the 3 points to restore optimism and positivity

COYG!!
Your thoughts are great.

The 3-4-1-2 formation you talked about will mean dropping one of Martinelli or Saka. I'll rather we go 3-3-2-2 dropping Xhaka for Jesus.

Since the absence of Jesus, Xhaka has not been effective playing that no 8. Nketiah does not drop deep to create the spaces for him to run into. This has made him redundant in that set up. Apart from struggling with his dominant left foot in that "inverted role" , his inability to hold the ball makes playing that attacking midfield role difficult. Even Lokonga or Vieira would do that better. I wish ESR would recover quickly enough. He is just perfect for that position.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:47am On Feb 16, 2023
Spy360:

Your thoughts are great.

The 3-4-1-2 formation you talked about will mean dropping one of Martinelli or Saka. I'll rather we go 3-3-2-2 dropping Xhaka for Jesus.

When looking for goals, I don't think it's necessary to drop either Saka or Martinelli. We just need to remove either Xhaka or Zinchenko Ystdy. But if Partey is present, remove Xhaka and play Zinny as one of the AMs

Ramsdale
White Saliba Gabriel

Partey (yesterday— Xhaka or Zinchenko)

Saka Odegaard Viera(or Zinny) Trossard (or Martinelli)

Nketiah Martinelli (or Trossard).

If we'd done this, we'll have more attackers (and bodies) in their box. Partey(or Zinchenko Ystdy) have the skillset to screen the defence and stop any potential counter attack while the back 3 aren't slouches in terms of brains and brawns too.

Like for like subs and formation will limit us
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:56am On Feb 16, 2023
Spy360:

Your thoughts are great.

Since the absence of Jesus, Xhaka has not been effective playing that no 8. Nketiah does not drop deep to create the spaces for him to run into. This has made him redundant in that set up. Apart from struggling with his dominant left foot in that "inverted role" , his inability to hold the ball makes playing that attacking midfield role difficult. Even Lokonga or Vieira would do that better. I wish ESR would recover quickly enough. He is just perfect for that position.

I agree with this. ESR would have surely gelled in that role as we need even a right footer to play that 8 for a balance.
Nketiah hardly also brings other people into play and his holdup is poor. Arteta needs to help him out even if it means pushing Zinny higher and make Martinelli nearer to the box close to Nketiah

Dem say ESR would always be back in next matchday — I don dey hear this thing for the past one month now embarassed

Also, Jorginho really tried yesterday, no lies. Xhaka really underwhelmed!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by afrodoc2: 2:22pm On Feb 16, 2023
Roland17:
Saliba is so strong in the air..

How did he go 0/10 in aerial duels in the Brentford game though? That is an alarming stat.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:24pm On Feb 16, 2023
afrodoc2:

How did he go 0/10 in aerial duels in the Brentford game though? That is an alarming stat.

That is a disappointing stat. A bad day in the office.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 3:39pm On Feb 16, 2023
kokaneprodigy:

Elfenomeno, Pataki, ipopalomo, mukina2 etc

Never stopped supporting Arsenal... Just got bored of Nairaland .. the nepotism on here stinks... Until we see a NairalandFiles... Here can never be clean.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2944) (2945) (2946) (2947) (2948) (2949) (2950) ... (3485) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.