Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,067 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2979) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2314360 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2976) (2977) (2978) (2979) (2980) (2981) (2982) ... (3485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:40pm On Mar 05, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Bad idea
Match them strength for strength
If we die make we die, I hate cowardly death
Not all parking the bus tactic are cowardly. There are some teams you just need to surrender possession to them and give them their own dose. Liverpool's strength is in pressing.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 8:02pm On Mar 05, 2023
Jodera:
I really trust the mentality of this team Tbh. You could see the way they carried on with the first goal. Prodding for the equaliser even with all the bus parking. Even when the 2nd goal was scored against us, you could still see that the players still didn't give up. I'm not a biggest fan of Nelson too(in fact, it's this season he's impressed me most) but what he did ystdy deserve commendations and more minutes too, even if it's from the bench.

As for the bolded, I always knew the coaching staff and Arteta would turn it around and find a way against bus parking teams and I'm really glad they did. The way we dominate teams and intense pressing, I just knew it's just some tweaks here and there and we'll get back on track again.

The players and staff are really thinking of the titles. January transfer window proves so!!

COYG!!

I concur 100 percent!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 9:06pm On Mar 05, 2023
mostob:
He doesn't change his outfit until we lost a match. Like, if we are on a winning run, he will always wear the same cloth on matchday until we lose šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Really? shocked grin Cause I didnā€™t notice...
Una dey look person oo grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 9:07pm On Mar 05, 2023
author=Izurejoice post=121493031]
That alone will discourage him on the squad rotation heā€™s afraid of beforehand
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:27pm On Mar 05, 2023
iamoyindamola:
We are in trouble when is our match against LFC again
If our squad is complete, we can force a draw. The only reason they might win us is because of Anfield but I'm not sure it'll be a humiliating scoreline.

We dominate teams and are good with pressing. Something lacking in Man u game even with their winning runs

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:30pm On Mar 05, 2023
mostob:
Make we just park bus and hit them on counter...
Lol... Fear fear grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Izurejoice: 11:20pm On Mar 05, 2023
mostob:
He doesn't change his outfit until we lost a match. Like, if we are on a winning run, he will always wear the same cloth on matchday until we lose šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
really , that's quite superstitious

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Izurejoice: 11:23pm On Mar 05, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Assistant coach jourghino on the beat

https://twitter.com/PoojaMedia/status/1632340778096680960?t=knPmu4W3LXnOvZJIP-ft_g&s=19
Another player who may like to try out his hands on coaching when his playing days are over
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Mars16(m): 11:59pm On Mar 05, 2023
Awadi:
https://www.instagram.com/threamchaser/

Drew my favorite arsenal player
never Odegaard was your favorite.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:23am On Mar 06, 2023
Laziness
Fatigue
Indiscipline

These made Liverpool triumph with the scoreline. I doubt it will be that easy when they play us. But Salah vs Zinny/Tomi? I can't say I'm comfy. This is the Salah i know. But we would have possession. We just need to utilize the ball faster.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:58am On Mar 06, 2023
It has always been 1 game at a time for me. Not looking at Liverpool at this time because a lot will happen for both teams before we play them in 4 weeks. Right now, I am focused on Thursdayā€™s game against Sporting Lisbon.
#COYG

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:31am On Mar 06, 2023
Roland17:
It has always been 1 game at a time for me. Not looking at Liverpool at this time because a lot will happen for both teams before we play them in 4 weeks. Right now, I am focused on Thursdayā€™s game against Sporting Lisbon.
#COYG
Oh Europa is back shocked
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:46am On Mar 06, 2023
Unless Monza relegate mari is out of our problem
5.9m clause compulsory transfer was included in his loan deal
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:53am On Mar 06, 2023
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:54am On Mar 06, 2023
Jodera:
Yes but I don't think they will
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:55am On Mar 06, 2023
daveP:
Laziness
Fatigue
Indiscipline

These made Liverpool triumph with the scoreline. I doubt it will be that easy when they play us. But Salah vs Zinny/Tomi? I can't say I'm comfy. This is the Salah i know. But we would have possession. We just need to utilize the ball faster.
When that time comes, we'll surely see how far.

But one thing is certain, Zinny will start that match except being injured or suspended
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:55am On Mar 06, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Yes but I don't think they will
Okay.. better
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:03am On Mar 06, 2023
Jodera:
When that time comes, we'll surely see how far.

But one thing is certain, Zinny will start that match except being injured or suspended
Zinny should not start abeg
Tomi held Salah, I am sure klopp will change tactics
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:07am On Mar 06, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Zinny should not start abeg
Tomi held Salah, I am sure klopp will change tactics
Even if you're the coach, you'll start Zinny.

One of your best performing players shouldn't play a big match?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:07am On Mar 06, 2023
Mathematically we can't relegate this season šŸ™ƒšŸ™ƒšŸ™ƒ
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:08am On Mar 06, 2023
Jodera:
Even if you're the coach, you'll start Zinny.

One of your best performing players shouldn't play a big match?
Salah will have a free day
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:15am On Mar 06, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Salah will have a free day
So we thought in the first leg especially when we saw Tomi starting.

Well, let that time comes. But one thing is certain in my own opinion, I'll never bench Zinny in this form for anybody even if he's meeting prime Messi and Robben together
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:09pm On Mar 06, 2023
So reims manager is not certified to manage because he's yet to have uefa pro license
Reims pays 22k euro every time he manages the club
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:18pm On Mar 06, 2023
Jodera:
Lol... Fear fear grin grin
Not really bro. Let them have the ball. We will do the pressing and quick transition. That's like the inverse of their tactic.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:19pm On Mar 06, 2023
Shegzdave:

Really? shocked grin Cause I didnā€™t notice...
Una dey look person oo grin grin
He said it in an interview bro... I'll look for the link and post here if I can find it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:22pm On Mar 06, 2023
Jodera:
So we thought in the first leg especially when we saw Tomi starting.

Well, let that time comes. But one thing is certain in my own opinion, I'll never bench Zinny in this form for anybody even if he's meeting prime Messi and Robben together
Because Tomi, and not Zinny played that match. Zinny will no doubt give us that dominance and control but Salah will practically have a field day. What a selection headache!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:22pm On Mar 06, 2023
daveP:
Laziness
Fatigue
Indiscipline

Tomi should play abeg... Zinny can come in later.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:24pm On Mar 06, 2023
WHAT THEY SAID: Arteta has told The Telegraph: ā€œI am a very methodical, routine person. When we are winning, I don't like to change my clothes, I like to maintain exactly the same jumper, trousers and shoes as before. If we lose, I change to something different.ā€ -Goal.com
cc shegsdave izurejoice
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkforyou(m): 3:43pm On Mar 06, 2023
mostob:
Not all parking the bus tactic are cowardly. There are some teams you just need to surrender possession to them and give them their own dose. Liverpool's strength is in pressing.

No Iā€™m a confident of this team.

Letā€™s not get intimidated by this result.

Letā€™s match them head on.

Liverpool donā€™t deserve the credit we want to give them.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:49pm On Mar 06, 2023
Fkforyou:

No Iā€™m a confident of this team.
Letā€™s not get intimidated by this result.
Letā€™s match them head on.
Liverpool donā€™t deserve the credit we want to give them.
Alright then...

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkforyou(m): 3:51pm On Mar 06, 2023
mostob:
Tomi should play abeg... Zinny can come in later.

Or we play him(Zichenko) in Xhakaā€™s role during the first half and remove Tomi for Xhaka when we are in total control of the game.

That could be a tactical master class if you ask me.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 3:59pm On Mar 06, 2023
mostob:
He said it in an interview bro... I'll look for the link and post here if I can find it.
Please do

(1) (2) (3) ... (2976) (2977) (2978) (2979) (2980) (2981) (2982) ... (3485) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "mƩs Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.