Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3011) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2315671 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3008) (3009) (3010) (3011) (3012) (3013) (3014) ... (3489) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2023
sod09:

Diaz will be out for blood,remember he got this injury against us even though he recovered and had a set back
He no fit do shingboin. Injury is part of the game. If he do pass himself, e fit collect another one.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2023
Jodera2:
Diaz will be available, maybe from Bench. As for Thiago, I'm not sure he'll make it
Ok.
Jodera2:
He can be worked on, especially in that defensive attributes cos if you look at his game, he's a willing worker. Plus his attacking attribute plus creativity is a plus to any team.

I believe He'll be a very good Xhaka replacement if worked on well
Yea....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 11:36am On Apr 07, 2023
Liverpool, Arsenal.. Klopp, Arteta.. Anfield, controlling chaos..

There's a LOT to consider in this game of gigantic proportions.

Most interestingly, Liverpool haven't played Arsenal with Zinchenko yet, making it the first time Liverpool have played the 'real' Arsenal.
The optimal version of Arteta's Arsenal is undeniably one that includes Zinchenko.

He may not be a physical specimen, but his contribution to Arsenal's control is largely why they are where they are in the table.
Tomiyasu played left back last time against Liverpool, though.This resulted in Arsenal often playing a standard 4-3-3 shape with regularity as opposed to their typical 3-2-5 shape when Zinchenko inverts into midfield.

Arsenal still had an overload in the build-up, but the passing distances were undeniably larger than when Zinchenko inverts. That made it slightly harder for Arsenal to build play, particularly when considering that Tomiyasu himself isn't as press resistant or as pass-heavy as Zinchenko, but also when considering that Liverpool played sensationally on the day.

In fact, the 1st half was a 50-50 game...Liverpool set up in a 4-4-2 shape in and out of possession. The structure itself was nothing special, but the individual quality was through the roof.

Thiago has played few better games for Liverpool & he was a master in the build-up alongside the ever reliable Jordan Henderson. Then, ahead of them, they had a supremely balanced and high quality front four of Luis Díaz, Diogo Jota, Darwin Núñez, and Mo Salah. Liverpool played so well that they averaged 62% of the ball in the first half.

However, they found themselves 2-1 down at half-time. Arsenal's pressing and positional play was utterly elite. Saka inverted to press van Dijk, Ben White pushed high behind him to press Tsimikas, and the block man-marked elsewhere.

Then, in possession, they had a clear 5v4 in attack vs Liverpool's defence. Arsenal may not have controlled the game with the ball due to the fact that Zinchenko was unavailable and Liverpool's individual quality was through the roof, but they had tactical advantages in the game and they sure as hell used them, even with limited access to the ball. Liverpool pressed in a 4-4-2 shape which largely nullified Arsenal's build-up because of Tomiyasu's inclusion over Zinchenko, but that didn't change the reality of the tactical landscape.

As I said earlier, Arsenal had a 3v2 in central build-up but also a 5v4 in the last line.When they had possession, they often used it extremely efficiently, and even if they struggled to retain the ball for large periods, it was largely because they had major advantages in each phase so were almost forced to play quick to play through Liverpool's exploitable shape.Not only did Arsenal have a 3v2 in the build-up + a 5v4 in the last line of attack, but when Jesus dropped deep to link play he offered an extra option in midfield to overload Liverpool's midfield. Then, the high positioning of Xhaka/Ødegaard forced Liverpool's fullbacks 'inside'This resulted in clear space out wide for both Martinelli and Saka, with huge potential for Arsenal's danger men to have time and space on the ball in between the lines!

Where Arsenal really took over, though, was in the second half because Klopp made a major tactical error.Klopp took Salah off for Fabinho and shifted Henderson out to the right wing.

This resulted in Liverpool's offensive threat and balance diminishing massively before Arsenal began to shift the theme of the game to attack vs defence, and then Tomiyasu started to invert...Here is when Arsenal took over and killed Liverpool with their structure.

The 3-2-5 shape gave Arsenal an overload in the build-up, the box midfield (Tomiyasu-Partey; Xhaka-Ødegaard) overloaded Liverpool's midfield, and they had a 5v4 in the last line..This is how Arsenal play virtually every week except to an even better standard because Zinchenko will play over Tomiyasu. It's key to note that City destroyed Liverpool last weekend playing in the same shape.

This is majorly beneficial for Arsenal & concerning for Liverpool. Liverpool tried to press City's 3-2 build-up in a 4-4-2 with the wide players inverting onto the outside centre backs, the #10 dropping off onto the #6 and the midfield optimally timing when to jump and press the pivot or be patient and mark those between the lines. However, they were killed against City, and that was partially because they're out of form due to injuries to key players (like Thiago) but also because Klopp failed to adapt to effectively nullify Manchester City's shape.

They simply couldn't manage City's pivot and #8's. Much like Jesus does, Alvarez dropped deep between the lines to create a further overload in midfield, and then there was also a clear 5v4 in the last line of attack.

Oftentimes the fullbacks had to jump to press the #8's, but that just left the wingers free too..A full strength Arsenal would be clear favourites in this game due to the fact that not only do they operate in this shape, but they do it fluidly.

They start in a 4-1 before transitioning into a 3-2 or a 2-3 in settled play (depending on how advanced White positions himself).Also, even if Liverpool opt for a 4-3-3 system as opposed to the 4-4-2, the midfield will still be overloaded when pressing the 3-2-5 shape because if the #8 step out to press the double pivot the opposition #8's overload Liverpool's #6 between the lines. If Liverpool's #8's are not aggressive, though, then the opposition have a clear overload in the build-up! Either way, Liverpool are taking a clear risk.

The biggest question against Arsenal is can an Arsenal defence with Rob Holding in it evade Liverpool's aggressive pressure. That's the X factor here - it is clear that Rob Holding is not on the level of City's defenders or Arsenal's starting quality defenders technically...

Another aspect for Arsenal to consider relative to their build-up is how Liverpool press against a 4-3-3 build-up.In settled play, it depends on what shape Arsenal utilise, but from goal kicks, Liverpool press aggressively.

They press just like Arsenal in the sense that the wingers invert to press the CB, the ball-side fullback presses the opposition fullback & the block matches up. It's 🔝It would be smart for Arsenal and Arteta to start Zinchenko centrally from build-up situations because that would result in them instantly having the overload as opposed to having to work to create it.

Then they could try to use that overload to mask Rob Holding's limitations. However, as we know, football is not a straightforward game, and both Liverpool and Arsenal don't exclusively play out from the back.

There will be duels, there will be transitions, and there will be a real battle amongst two top teams (albeit depleted due to injuries).Liverpool often thrive in such chaos, but it's up to Arsenal to prevent Liverpool's transition monsters and Anfield from taking over by being technically secure, aggressive in the duel, brave in the press, & all things regarding optimal performance.

It's a tough test for both.City may have had such advantages away at Anfield earlier on in the season, but they still lost the game 1-0. Such is the power of Liverpool's transitional monsters, particularly at Anfield.

For Liverpool, it's about causing chaos. For Arsenal, it's about controlling it. However, Liverpool are weaker this season, and that's for a clear reason. They are not as strong in duels due to the decreased physicality in midfield.

So, if Arsenal are up for the battle physically whilst also being technically secure, they can absolutely control the game.But, for Liverpool, all it takes is one counter, one transition, one successfully timed press, or a blitz of chaos which unnerves the Arsenal team..

They are outmatched on paper, though, so Arsenal can prevent that chaos. It's a tough task, but Arsenal are 🔝 for a reason...

#arsenalfanaticsnews

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by limcar: 12:34pm On Apr 07, 2023
11 incredible football stats you won’t believe are real

1. Neymar won La Liga Player of the Month before Lionel Messi

2. Dundee United have a 100% win ratio against Barcelona

3. Philipp Lahm didn’t commit a foul for an entire year

4. Mark Hughes played two matches in one day

5. Chris Nicholl scored all four goals in a 2-2 draw

6. Rogerio Ceni scored 131 goals as a goalkeeper

7. Timo Werner has more Champions League goals than R9

8. Jose Mourinho went nine years without losing a home game

9. Cristiano Ronaldo has scored more goals since turning 30 than Wayne Rooney has in his entire career

10. AC Milan won Serie A by scoring just 36 goals

11. Manchester United have never lost a PL game at Old Trafford when they are leading at half time
Source: planetfootball
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 3:49pm On Apr 07, 2023
Diaz is not available,but tiago is available
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Drone17: 3:14pm On Apr 08, 2023
Patrick Vieira wants to join Tottenham Hotspur as their new manager.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:08pm On Apr 08, 2023
Drone17:
Impossible
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by eph12(m): 6:17pm On Apr 08, 2023
Goal ball Haaland
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by eph12(m): 6:17pm On Apr 08, 2023
Sorry wrong thread
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:31pm On Apr 08, 2023
Drone17:

Carry your fake new dey go angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlaqFaze: 6:55pm On Apr 08, 2023
eph12:
Goal ball Haaland
you should be ashamed of yourself grin

Man u has fallen to the extent that their fans now proudly deliver livescores to title contenders
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jokerman(m): 7:06pm On Apr 08, 2023
Thank God for Arsenal... na so Man Shitty for win this league again... na wa o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by eph12(m): 7:32pm On Apr 08, 2023
BlaqFaze:
you should be ashamed of yourself grin

Man u has fallen to the extent that their fans now proudly deliver livescores to title contenders
Wrong thread na
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:43pm On Apr 08, 2023
Roland17:

Only God knows where these people they pull such nonsense news from
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Drone17: 8:16pm On Apr 08, 2023
Roland17:

As this place dry na, I say make I post fake news.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:53pm On Apr 08, 2023
Omo.. anything wey wan happen tomorrow make e happen.. Football won't matter in heaven.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:38pm On Apr 08, 2023
mostob:
Omo.. anything wey wan happen tomorrow make e happen..
Football won't matter in heaven.
😁🤣🤣🤣
You dan see say no be our mate we they follow drag power
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 6:45am On Apr 09, 2023
Beacause they won southampton,
It's expected na.

A draw with liverpool is not bad at all.

I can assure u,

Man city will still get an unexpected results to dip their point along the way
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 11:47am On Apr 09, 2023
I don talk am since say if na win, make we deh win our matches dey go. If na goal difference we wan use drag with Man city, na OYO for us.

Anyways, I'm expecting a favourable result from us today. Easter please do us nice!!!

Happy Easter everyone!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by haabidah666: 12:46pm On Apr 09, 2023
why am i having feeling that,saliba would start today
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 12:55pm On Apr 09, 2023
haabidah666:
why am i having feeling that,saliba would start today
Lol... I no know where Una deh get this feelings from sha..

Someone that his injury is very serious.
Abi where Una deh see hope say Saliba go play?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkforyou(m): 1:11pm On Apr 09, 2023
Omo!!! If we win this league, I will so proud of this team ( of course I’m proud of them already) but if we win, Omo!!! The victory will be sweet, men!!!!

E no easy make Man City Dey trail you for back, because any slip up like this, them don over take you.

We are under more pressure than them.

I’m tensed and excited about todays game, I want it to go our way, I have confidence in this team.

COYG!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 1:17pm On Apr 09, 2023
Fkforyou:
Omo!!! If we win this league, I will so proud of this team ( of course I’m proud of them already) but if we win, Omo!!! The victory will be sweet, men!!!!

E no easy make Man City Dey trail you for back, because any slip up like this, them don over take you.

We are under more pressure than them.

I’m tensed and excited about todays game, I want it to go our way, I have confidence in this team.

COYG!!!!
Those madafaka don’t know when to give up at all😂😂
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by haabidah666: 1:23pm On Apr 09, 2023
Jodera2:
Lol... I no know where Una deh get this feelings from sha..

Someone that his injury is very serious.
Abi where Una deh see hope say Saliba go play?
i can't trust arteta jare...it might all be a mind game.i remember there was a time saliba was injured this season,he didn't even train with the team,but,on match day arteta started him,he scored a goal and was named man of the match...i can't remember the match sha.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkforyou(m): 1:25pm On Apr 09, 2023
sod09:

Those madafaka don’t know when to give up at all😂😂

As in…,!!!!!! They are so persistent and relentless.

I saw Kyle Walker’s comment on Sky Sport instagram page. It was as if make I stone am phone for head.

Haaland na another problem man, he just come one season begin to Dey outshine Kane.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 1:55pm On Apr 09, 2023
haabidah666:
i can't trust arteta jare...it might all be a mind game. I remember there was a time saliba was injured this season,he didn't even train with the team,but,on match day arteta started him,he scored a goal and was named man of the match...i can't remember the match sha.
Against Bournemouth you mean...

But that's different. That's just a minor injury or setback so Arteta can play mind games. But any serious injury where it's potentially a season ending one or at least a month, how can he play mind games? grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Swissh: 2:04pm On Apr 09, 2023
Lush100:
Beacause they won southampton,
It's expected na.

A draw with liverpool is not bad at all.

I can assure u,

Man city will still get an unexpected results to dip their point along the way
Man city have been here before. They have the experience, players and coach to go all the way without dropping a single point. The good thing is we depend on ourselves. If we drop point today city will smell blood.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Swissh: 2:05pm On Apr 09, 2023
Jodera2:
Against Bournemouth you mean...

But that's different. That's just a minor injury or setback so Arteta can play mind games. But any serious injury where it's potentially a season ending one or at least a month, how can he play mind games? grin
Saliba was with the Squad today.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 2:33pm On Apr 09, 2023
Swissh:

Saliba was with the Squad today.

He is not in the squad that walked into anfield,
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:42pm On Apr 09, 2023
sod09:

Those madafaka don’t know when to give up at all
Na why dem.never wun UCL despite the oil money. It won't cost them anything to leave the league for arsenal and concentrate on UCL..

(1) (2) (3) ... (3008) (3009) (3010) (3011) (3012) (3013) (3014) ... (3489) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Kenny242(m), airmark(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.