Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,305 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3054) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2319165 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3051) (3052) (3053) (3054) (3055) (3056) (3057) ... (3491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:17pm On May 14, 2023
iamoyindamola:

If we still they Europa up till now the league no go pain me
City are fvcking fighting for 3 titles ATM
If Arsenal still dey Europa, maybe they'll be dragging 3rd and 4th... Injuries and fatigue would have derailed since.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:20pm On May 14, 2023
Shegzdave:

The situation is pathetic but I hope the boys keeps improving and Arteta should use his brain and be tweak his tactics especially in his in-game management and squad depth..

Don’t worry Man, The boys will make you smile next season

Lmao.. This should be an anthem for arsenal fans grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 9:34pm On May 14, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Lmao.. This should be an anthem for arsenal fans grin
Bro’s, what do you want Me to say since them say we overachieved this season😏
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Danhumprey: 9:41pm On May 14, 2023
Arsenal bottling the league title is stuff of nightmare they don't tell you about. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:53pm On May 14, 2023
This is serious cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:58pm On May 14, 2023
Spy360:

Their performance today showed they aren't as good as we thought. They were clearly beaten today in their home ground. I can't see a City side, no matter how poor they play crumble this low.
They are good, they beat Brighton2-4 earlier this season...
The thing is Arterta and the club didn't plan well for the tail end of the season...
Most of thses players are Jaded...Saka has played almost all games...Martineli's Injury is imminent..No proper replacement or strong personality on the bench..
It's all about the first 11 and InshaAllah...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:17pm On May 14, 2023
Spy360:

I remember a couple of seasons ago when he dropped to bottom three and we all wanted him sacked. Now he has finished second we still want him sacked. They call it mediocrity to say we improved this season as if we didn't.

I am quite emotional myself but I also try to take things into perspective. No commentator can say that Arsenal and Arteta didn't try this season.

This have been my point all these while. But if I talk dem go say na mediocrity.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:28pm On May 14, 2023
Spy360:

So if you were asked to analyse this season, will you start from the 2-2 draw against Liverpool or the or the loss to Man City?

We will finish with at least 81points. That's already among the top 5 in the top European leagues this season. Napoli won the serie A with 82points and games to spare. PSG in French league with Messi, Mbappe and Neymar don't have that much points.

We are just unfortunate to go head to head and toe to toe with a side like Man City. I cannot kill the boys for not winning the league. All I can ask for is improvements going into next season
I've always said it. The only reason why we didn't win this league is because of Manchester city and not because we weren't really good this season. The bar have been set high. Even the Leicester everyone is using as example finished with 81 points. Worst still is that they were officially champions without even reaching the 81points sef(with up to 3 games to spare or more). The 71 points we finished as 2nd would barely scrape us into top 4 on a normals.

People can claim Arteta is a bottler and this and that but I know this team's depth and how far it can go and I know we can't have an immaculate form this season.

Anybody wey no see am that way, na him sabi.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:33pm On May 14, 2023
Spy360:

Their performance today showed they aren't as good as we thought. They were clearly beaten today in their home ground. I can't see a City side, no matter how poor they play crumble this low.
A city side can be dismantled even in their bad day. No team wey no dey crumble once in a while, na make e no extend or repeat itself be the Koko. Leicester once walloped City 5-2 at Etihad, that doesn't make City a bad team.

You'd use this match to conclude about arsenal's team this season while ignoring the other beautiful matches we played even at Emirates? Wahalaeux!! grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:42pm On May 14, 2023
Roland17:

Take this mediocre bull crap far from me. Me and you have been fans of this club for decades on this thread. If e dey pain you then stop hiding behind the contentment of coming 2nd and being mediocre!

Tasting the UCL is the reason we were beaten blue and black in the Europa, bounced from FA and the League after being one of the highest spenders going into the season.

Na so!!!
Losing on penalties can now be termed beaten blue black? I see

That's how the other day you agreed we prioritized the uel same way we prioritized the league. Match way na five 2nd 11 we use start.

One of the highest spenders with just addition of GJ, Zinny and Viera this season. All less than or just above 100m euros combined.

Man u, Chelsea, Man city, Newcastle and even Liverpool been buy their players with peanuts shebi?

I noticed you're really disappointed and it's all good. But sometimes overblowing things just to make your talk weighty no dey gel at all.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 14, 2023
Leyqute:
Na Kokaneprodigy this bottling job go pain pass. How e wan boast now? grin
Our second is sealed while you are still hustling to survive not dropping to Europa position.

That’s something to boast about.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 14, 2023
AdisaOwala:
Arsenal otu ooooo

Kokaneprodigy y'all epitomize failure!!
Says a fan of a club jostling to escape going to Europa after all the spendings
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by afrodoc2: 1:11am On May 15, 2023
kokaneprodigy:

Our second is sealed while you are still hustling to survive not dropping to Europa position.

I can boast about licking your juicy tears. Come o, why your tears dey taste like pepper soup?

9 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by afrodoc2: 1:12am On May 15, 2023
kokaneprodigy:

Says a fan of a club jostling to escape going to Europa after all the spendings

I remember where i was the last time Assanal won the Champions League.

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Leyqute(m): 5:35am On May 15, 2023
kokaneprodigy:

Still boasting about top 4. Arsenal fans and mediocrity are like Liverpool and Brighton.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Skimpledawg(m): 6:23am On May 15, 2023
Let the tears flow people...

Keep the tears flowing.

Roland17 my egbon, I see you Chief sarcastic mourner grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 6:39am On May 15, 2023
Yooseeless gun grin cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:19am On May 15, 2023
All hail king arteta the bringer of 2nd position finishing behind almighty city and Saint totterinham day
This is something wengay couldn't achieve in his last 3 years and ebening also failed trying

Give this man life contract we will almost win UCL

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:12am On May 15, 2023
afrodoc2:

I can boast about licking your juicy tears. Come o, why your tears dey taste like pepper soup?
May be cos I just had pepper soup
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by odizeey(m): 9:28am On May 15, 2023
Leyqute:

Still boasting about top 4. Arsenal fans and mediocrity are like Liverpool and Brighton.
Just the other day one of their fans compared them with Westham.

cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:35am On May 15, 2023
Jodera:
A city side can be dismantled even in their bad day. No team wey no dey crumble once in a while, na make e no extend or repeat itself be the Koko. Leicester once walloped City 5-2 at Etihad, that doesn't make City a bad team.

You'd use this match to conclude about arsenal's team this season while ignoring the other beautiful matches we played even at Emirates? Wahalaeux!! grin
When I say they are not good, I mean as good as we thought. We had believed they would even beat City. But the game against Brighton showed that apart from the first team which were strong simply because of their tactical approach, the team as in the entire team including the bench aren't that good as envisaged.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:38am On May 15, 2023
Fkhalifa:

They are good, they beat Brighton2-4 earlier this season...
The thing is Arterta and the club didn't plan well for the tail end of the season...
Most of thses players are Jaded...Saka has played almost all games...Martineli's Injury is imminent..No proper replacement or strong personality on the bench..
It's all about the first 11 and InshaAllah...
But not as good as we thought. The rest of your post further explains my point.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkforyou(m): 10:43am On May 15, 2023
Arteta should look himself hard in the mirror and admit that he failed.

As far as I am concerned, this season was a setback. We didn’t hit the target. In fact, we didn’t achieve anything.

No, champions league qualification isn’t an achievement worth celebrating, it’s supposed to be the norm for an elite club. Will a club like Bayern or Madrid celebrate playing in the champions league? Or is it that we are not an elite club or what? Are we just pretending to be an elite club?

The players have to admit to themselves that they lack the spine and character to be champions and they need to work and demand more from themselves.

Saka has been horrible for over a month now.
Gabriel J. Haven’t made any impact on the team.
Odegaard has been on and off, very inconsistent from someone we look up to as our leader.
Xhaka has reverted to being Xhaka. Sluggish, indecisive and one legged.

In all of these, the manager has more of the blame. He needs to get his shit together and know that the fan’s demand more from him and he should demand more from his players. Bench anyone that isn’t adding quality to our game no matter who that person is.

Next season, we deserve at least two trophies from this team. Anybody that can’t give us that should Fvck off and go find another team.

We can’t let Arteta give us another Wenger era of Awwn, we almost achieved this or that.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 11:06am On May 15, 2023
Up Gunners. COYG!!

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by AdisaOwala: 12:10pm On May 15, 2023
Fkforyou:
Arteta should look himself hard in the mirror and admit that he failed.

As far as I am concerned, this season was a setback. We didn’t hit the target. In fact, we didn’t achieve anything.

No, champions league qualification isn’t an achievement worth celebrating, it’s supposed to be the norm for an elite club. Will a club like Bayern or Madrid celebrate playing in the champions league? Or is it that we are not an elite club or what? Are we just pretending to be an elite club?

The players have to admit to themselves that they lack the spine and character to be champions and they need to work and demand more from themselves.

Saka has been horrible for over a month now.
Gabriel J. Haven’t made any impact on the team.
Odegaard has been on and off, very inconsistent from someone we look up to as our leader.
Xhaka has reverted to being Xhaka. Sluggish, indecisive and one legged.

In all of these, the manager has more of the blame. He needs to get his shit together and know that the fan’s demand more from him and he should demand more from his players. Bench anyone that isn’t adding quality to our game no matter who that person is.

Next season, we deserve at least two trophies from this team. Anybody that can’t give us that should Fvck off and go find another team.

We can’t let Arteta give us another Wenger era of Awwn, we almost achieved this or that.

Haha

So in your mind now, you are in the category of Bayern and Madrid?

Who told you yanshnal is an elite club?

Small yansh dey shake oo grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:53pm On May 15, 2023
I don talk am tire, any arsenal fan who believe we overachieve this season has a questionable mindset. I know some might start with the mentality excuse but you don't just build a winning mentality ordinarily. You build a winning mentality by doing the unthinkable (the other one).

Looking at the scenario that made us bottle the league, it is laughable man. Not that we were playing the big teams back to back or playing in another competitions that may lead to fatigue.

FFS, we drew against Southampton at the Emirates, lost a two-goal lead against Liverpool and Westham. We faced another contender and we were outplayed completely. And you want me to believe we overachieve this season. Nah

Arteta would be on his way out of the club by now if Abrahimovic is our CEO.

We are bottlers...an honorable one. grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:03pm On May 15, 2023
mostob:
I don talk am tire, any arsenal fan who believe we overachieve this season has a questionable mindset. I know some might start with the mentality excuse but you don't just build a winning mentality ordinarily. You build a winning mentality by doing the unthinkable (the other one).

Looking at the scenario that made us bottle the league, it is laughable man. Not that we were playing the big teams back to back or playing in another competitions that may lead to fatigue.

FFS, we drew against Southampton at the Emirates, lost a two-goal lead against Liverpool and Westham. We faced another contender and we were outplayed completely. And you want me to believe we overachieve this season. Nah

Roland17 this guy na hater please report him
🤣🤣
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:08pm On May 15, 2023
mostob:

Sir, after carefully reviewing the embolden, I have concluded this is "Hate Speech", consequently, I have reported your account.

Expect a 20 year ban on this account by the end of business day!

Accept my condolences!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:09pm On May 15, 2023
iamoyindamola:

🤣🤣

Na 20 year ban I suggest for the account. Make e accept my condolences.

We don't tolerate hate speech against the 2nd coming here.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:11pm On May 15, 2023
Roland17:

Na 20 year ban I suggest for the account. Make e accept my condolences.

We don't tolerate hate speech against the 2nd coming here.
I just they look that spy360 make he talk anything about arteta lasan he will lose his monika grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:14pm On May 15, 2023
Roland17:

Sir, after carefully reviewing the embolden, I have concluded this is "Hate Speech", consequently, I have reported your account.

Expect a 20 year ban on this account by the end of business day!

Accept my condolences!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:15pm On May 15, 2023
iamoyindamola:

grin grin

Abeg o

oya oya...we overachieve. Two trophies no be beans na. 'we made top 4' and 'UCL qualification' cups are better than any trophy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3051) (3052) (3053) (3054) (3055) (3056) (3057) ... (3491) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.