Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,313 members, 7,867,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 03:32 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3080) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2366793 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3077) (3078) (3079) (3080) (3081) (3082) (3083) ... (3554) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:57pm On Jun 22, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Barnes, Bowen, Chiesa, etc
These guys will keep Saka on his toes and will also perform when given the opportunities, Nelson was okay coming on but clueless when starting games the coach will be reluctant to start such person
Those you mentioned got nothing on Nelson. They won't even come cheap. Nelson may not be in Saka's class but he is a decent player.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:00pm On Jun 22, 2023
Spy360:

Chelsea paid Leverkusen 71m for Havertz three years ago at 21years of age. Can you pay 50m for ESR? ESR is not even in the English national team.
That's due to injury and not quality. The ESR that benched Martinelli two seasons ago will command a transfer fee of 50m.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:02pm On Jun 22, 2023
mostob:
Statistically, Havertz was their best player.
Being better statistically (g/a) doesn't mean you're the better player overall, I believe you know this.

Moreover, his g/a combined is even single digit in the league fgs . Someone who have one of the highest minutes in that team as a CF is dropping that stats and you're branding it as being statistically their best player?

That's some jokes!!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueAngel444: 7:02pm On Jun 22, 2023
I feel for Arsenal fans 🤣🤣

Manchester City could be about to offer ÂŁ75m plus Kalvin Phillips for Declan Rice.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:04pm On Jun 22, 2023
mostob:
Those you mentioned got nothing on Nelson. They won't even come cheap. Nelson may not be in Saka's class but he is a decent player.
Barnes and Bowen... I might gree but Chiesa?

Chiesa would definitely put Saka on his feet and would be a good deputy. The thing is that I'm not sure he's a RW tho
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:05pm On Jun 22, 2023
mostob:
That's due to injury and not quality. The ESR that benched Martinelli two seasons ago will command a transfer fee of 50m.
Leave Spy.

My guy is just looking for anything to make Havertz look good.

Esr beat him In almost all departments except maybe scoring headers

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:17pm On Jun 22, 2023
Jodera:
Being better statistically (g/a) doesn't mean you're the better player overall, I believe you know this.

Moreover, his g/a combined is even single digit in the league fgs . Someone who have one of the highest minutes in that team as a CF is dropping that stats and you're branding it as being statistically their best player?

That's some jokes!!
Well... It depends. Normally, na all of them flop and Havertz had the best stat. That doesn't mean he is good.

As for his move to Arsenal, I dey here dey look.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:18pm On Jun 22, 2023
Jodera:
Barnes and Bowen... I might gree but Chiesa?

Chiesa would definitely put Saka on his feet and would be a good deputy. The thing is that I'm not sure he's a RW tho
That Chiesa is just there.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 7:19pm On Jun 22, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I doubt its a case of Arteta being skeptical about Nelso, rather I think it's a case of Arteta not being a fan of rotating players. If u are good in ur position and continue to give him results, he will keep fielding u and ur deputy will suffer in silence on the bench.

Saka is such player that keeps doing all the right thing on the pitch, hence Nelson or whoever he buys to deputize Saka will continue to enjoy massive game time. If u notice, it was until Martinelli started dropping form before Arteta started giving Trossard more playing time.
Towards the end of the season when Saka was performing below par, it was later discovered that he had some ankle strains that affected his performance but Arteta still continued using the boy and didn’t Consider Nelson who could’ve used some minutes on the field.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:22pm On Jun 22, 2023
Shegzdave:

Towards the end of the season when Saka was performing below par, it was later discovered that he had some ankle strains that affected his performance but Arteta still continued using the boy and didn’t Consider Nelson who could’ve used some minutes on the field.

How do U mean Saka was below par? Please mention the perticukar matches and let’s go and check the match ratings of every player on that pitch that match day .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 7:30pm On Jun 22, 2023
BlueRayDick:

How do U mean Saka was below par? Please mention the perticukar matches and let’s go and check the match ratings of every player on that pitch that match day .
I don’t really use stats to rate players, I rate them with what I see them play on the field and If you check some pages back, you’ll see some things said about the difference in his performance towards the end of season..

All I’m saying is Arteta should get the player he deem fit to deputise Saka rather than just using the boy without resting him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:36pm On Jun 22, 2023
mostob:
Well... It depends. Normally, na all of them flop and Havertz had the best stat. That doesn't mean he is good.

As for his move to Arsenal, I dey here dey look.
That's because Stats favours attackers and it can be seen by first glance. Kepa and Silva have been outstanding even though Chelsea as a whole was abysmal.

This Havertz deal dey vex me ehn embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:38pm On Jun 22, 2023
mostob:
That Chiesa is just there.
Lol... Really? grin

I love that guy wella, to me he's very good

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:41pm On Jun 22, 2023
Shegzdave:

I don’t really use stats to rate players, I rate them with what I see them play on the field and If you check some pages back, you’ll see some things said about the difference in his performance towards the end of season..

All I’m saying is Arteta should get the player he deem fit to deputise Saka rather than just using the boy without resting him.

What people say about players is subjective . I fit watch a match and claim a player played well while u fit watch same match and claim he didn’t play well.

Arteta using Saka without resting him sis due to the fact that Saka was our best player ; nobody offers what he offers while on the pitch . It’s the same reason Chelsea use Old man Thiago Silva almost every match .

Arteta himself was a former player , he’s an athlete who knows about player management . No be me and u wey no play professional football go teach am how to use his best player .

My point has always been that even if Arteta signs a player better than Nelson , there are chances the player will sit on the bench just like Nelson did provided Saka is still doing what he knows how to do best .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:31pm On Jun 22, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Does he worth it?
Absolutely no why can’t we go for another date player left to me I don’t want him
Na Arteta Sabi. TBH, good DMs are now scarce. Caicedo is going to Chelsea, Zubi no wan comot... Kimmich wan leave Bayern but not sure.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:32pm On Jun 22, 2023
Jodera:
That's because Stats favours attackers and it can be seen by first glance. Kepa and Silva have been outstanding even though Chelsea as a whole was abysmal.

This Havertz deal dey vex me ehn embarassed
Lol...no be you dey calm us down about Jorginho. Anything Chelsea no dey work for arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:34pm On Jun 22, 2023
So Newcastle signed Tonali, one of the best DLPs out there. To outsmart the FFP rule, their owner, through one club in Saudi Arabia signed Neves and will in turn loan him to Newcastle for 2 years. That's smart.

Newcastle dey cook o... Neves, Tonali, Bruno, Willock, Joe..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:40pm On Jun 22, 2023
mostob:
Lol...no be you dey calm us down about Jorginho. Anything Chelsea no dey work for arsenal
Lol, With Jorginho I even have something to hold onto regarding his style of play and skillset and if you place it alongside arsenal players(especially with the way we're dominating teams) you'll see that he might excel.

What skillset can we use to hold onto for Havertz? Forget about his Chelsea stint, just look at his style of play and skillset see whether it can help us
Can't mark, can't dribble, very poor goalscorer, can mark/press, he's not press resistant.
Can't play wing, hardly creative.

I mean, wetin you want make I look forward to concerning his skillset?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:47pm On Jun 22, 2023
mostob:
Na Arteta Sabi. TBH, good DMs are now scarce. Caicedo is going to Chelsea, Zubi no wan comot... Kimmich wan leave Bayern but not sure.
We better Hold partey and jourginho then

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 9:18pm On Jun 22, 2023
BlueRayDick:

What people say about players is subjective . I fit watch a match and claim a player played well while u fit watch same match and claim he didn’t play well.

Arteta using Saka without resting him sis due to the fact that Saka was our best player ; nobody offers what he offers while on the pitch . It’s the same reason Chelsea use Old man Thiago Silva almost every match .

Arteta himself was a former player , he’s an athlete who knows about player management . No be me and u wey no play professional football go teach am how to use his best player .

My point has always been that even if Arteta signs a player better than Nelson , there are chances the player will sit on the bench just like Nelson did provided Saka is still doing what he knows how to do best .
I guess I raised the bar too high for the young lad..

There is no sign of bringing in a deputy for Saka, the least they could do is renew Nelson Contract and give him some playing time especially in the Cup games.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:45pm On Jun 22, 2023
mostob:
So Newcastle signed Tonali, one of the best DLPs out there. To outsmart the FFP rule, their owner, through one club in Saudi Arabia signed Neves and will in turn loan him to Newcastle for 2 years. That's smart.

Is Tolani that good? Who does he play like?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:38pm On Jun 22, 2023
mostob:

Are you sure about neves loan

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 11:18pm On Jun 22, 2023
Shegzdave:

you can't keep ur best player on the bench when you know he can and wants to help the team. Saka was still struggling with the injury even as the represented england, even Southgate said it too. That shows that the injury wasn't too serious. Even tho I support that he should have played nelson more and give him more minutes
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:50am On Jun 23, 2023
Jodera:
Oga, that they bought him for 71m as an overpriced and overhyped player means nothing.

They also bought Kepa for 70m plus, I guess he worth it.
Man u bought Maguire for 70m plus, I guess he worth it too.

I can go on and on...

...And don't even bring that National team matter come here. The time that ESR starts for us, he was called up for national team. Easy peasy. Don't make it seem as if it's not because he's not seeing game time that's what affected his NT chances!

Na news signing dey shack you, Like I said, we wouldn't know what we have until we lose it.
Havertz is better than ESR in terms of talents. In terms of performance he is still better.

That does not mean that ESR cannot improve to best him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:52am On Jun 23, 2023
mostob:
But not now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Skimpledawg(m): 6:13am On Jun 23, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Does he worth it?
Absolutely no why can’t we go for another date player left to me I don’t want him
Who are you not to want him?

Who You?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:55am On Jun 23, 2023
Skimpledawg:

Who are you not to want him?

Who You?
I they look you with my binoculars now
Na make rain pursue you from mountain remain
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:12am On Jun 23, 2023
Jodera:
Lol, With Jorginho I even have something to hold onto regarding his style of play and skillset and if you place it alongside arsenal players(especially with the way we're dominating teams) you'll see that he might excel.

What skillset can we use to hold onto for Havertz? Forget about his Chelsea stint, just look at his style of play and skillset see whether it can help us
Can't mark, can't dribble, very poor goalscorer, can mark/press, he's not press resistant.
Can't play wing, hardly creative.

I mean, wetin you want make I look forward to concerning his skillset?
Well, Havertz is likely the tallest in our squad now so we now have a target man. He can also be an outlet if Rammy decides to go long. And he is not lazy as people claimed. Chelsea's poor form last season just rubbed off on him. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:14am On Jun 23, 2023
Fkhalifa:

Is Tolani that good? Who does he play like?
Tonali is good. I'd say Jorginho. He is not as physical and defensive as Partey.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:20am On Jun 23, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Are you sure about neves loan
Yea... unless the deal later falls through.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:20am On Jun 23, 2023
Spy360:
But not now.
Yea...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:03am On Jun 23, 2023
mostob:
Well, Havertz is likely the tallest in our squad now so we now have a target man. He can also be an outlet if Rammy decides to go long. And he is not lazy as people claimed. Chelsea's poor form last season just rubbed off on him. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.
Lol... If you think I'm using only last season to judge him, then you must be very very mistaken.

Sha, make we keep our fingers crossed!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3077) (3078) (3079) (3080) (3081) (3082) (3083) ... (3554) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.