Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2322855 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3158) (3159) (3160) (3161) (3162) (3163) (3164) ... (3492) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Carot: 9:20am On Aug 13, 2023
kokaneprodigy:
No be one Ojuelegba Patrick Viera that will be forming activity and eye service that some tag the most important player at Arsenal.
why has no club bidded for saka? Jodera come here
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:21am On Aug 13, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Na small lie sha because in 2003 he went to swindon on loan unless swindon they epl

I said English football , not EPL .

Check my post again
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Carot: 9:22am On Aug 13, 2023
Roland17:

Ehnnn…Una don see where dem bench “Skimmer” before? When I hold ball, men dey shout “skimmer biko kwa”!!!

I can play anywhere from the middle to the top. Today, I played as CM. Na just pick up game for fun and to stay fit.

My side lost 2-1.. The werey ref cancel my clean assist, e pain me.. and no VAR angry angry grin

otu oshi
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:34am On Aug 13, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I said English football , not EPL .

Check my post again
Where you took it from they said epl
I saw it yesterday too
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:17am On Aug 13, 2023
Spy360:

I saw some positives in that formation. The only draw back was Havertz not getting on the ball and releasing Martinelli more on the left. If Trossard was there, the game would have ended 3 or 4-0.

The NF goal was a defensive distraction as Partey and White were out of position and both lacked pace.

I prefer Gabriel on the LCB to Timber, I also prefer Timber on RCB to White.

A back 3 allows you to be dominant and when you are dominant you win.
While there are a lot of positives but I feel the negatives outweighs the positive except if we're playing against low level teams like NF, Luton and the likes where our over quality will shine through against them.

Our defence was some times left exposed only that NF quality (or lack of) couldn't capitalize on it.

Did you know that it was Saliba that gave Saka that assist when no be say na corner kick we play and during that phase the player covering for Saliba was deep into our own half.?

Did you know that on certain situations in the game, it was only Saliba that's the only defender, while others pushed forward? And this happened even while we were winning

Omorr, it is too aggressive and we'll be susceptible to high attacks against top teams if we carry on with that pattern. There's a reason why the game changed hands with just Elanga and Awoniyi introduction. Anybody wey follow Man u then go know say that boy Elanga good with counter and Awoniyi holdup play/counter

Imagine us using that as default formation and setting up like that against Oga pata pata Man u with Bruno and Rashford or against Liverpool frontline and middle wey dey press resistant and good at counter

Na collect we go collect

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:18am On Aug 13, 2023
iamoyindamola:

I saw it yesterday too
They still might not be wrong. Maybe he played a match(few minutes) with Leeds in EPL before going on loan to Swindon.

If he does then that counts too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by VicThory(m): 10:52am On Aug 13, 2023
daveP:
Im afraid that i see he is a fave of MA and may start getting minutes than he ought to. Looks like Teta is willing to risk it and reduce the minutes of Trossard for this. Most unlucky fella on pitch today was Rice.

Kai playing full 90mins is hilarious. What is Arteta thinking??

Awoniyi becoming the new Drogba to Arsenal. He must score whenever he plays us. And he's an Arsenal fan again. 😆

Tomiyasu helped that defence today.

800passes and na 2-1 be the final count? Abeg make dey return to 500passes and 4 unreplied goals abeg.
Should have see that of PSG

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:05am On Aug 13, 2023
Psg struggled yesterday all of a sudden they reach compromise with mbappe
Small club🤣
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:25am On Aug 13, 2023
My Thoughts on Yesterday's Game

1. Why do I have this feeling that this formation is to cover up for Havertz off-the-/ball weakness (ie the team would do community and compact pressing since he isn't good defensively) While he focuses on his strength which is the off the ball/late runs into the box where he can sneak in unnoticed. Unfortunately, he didn't do that as he was playing safe football and was really passive all round.

2.. The formation on paper is 433 with Partey at Lb but in the game it seemed more like 3232/2341 with sometimes Martinelli drifting into CF early on before being stationed on the left and we could also see White making Overlapping runs most times leaving only Saliba and Timber as the only CBs
One thing I noticed is that it exposes us especially on the flanks. NF was finding it difficult to beat out first line of press which is highly aggressive but most top teams will beat that, and when they do, I shudder the thought of what will happen with runners in behind.
I just hope Arteta makes adjustment and stick to our default formation that made us dominant last season. This can be like a plan B when we need a goal and we need more bodies forward

3... I don't know if it's me but I noticed that our attacking 3rd play is not fluid especially the Martinelli-Havertz-Rice(and sometimes Timber) combo. They lack this pass-and-go movement and most times they seem to be getting into each other's way. It's no wonder most of our attack are from the right hand side. I just hope they work on it and that Havertz is more daring enough. He's heralded for his late runs, aerial dominance and forward passes but he seemed to be lacking those attributes ystdy. Early days but I hope he improves fast.

4. Trossard needs to start and ESR needs minutes. I just hope Viera is not above the pecking order of ESR sha. It'll be interesting to see if Havertz still starts when Jesus is back and Gabu is fully fit.

Gritting win ystdy, we hope for the better!!
3pts secured
Palace away next

COYG!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 1:51pm On Aug 13, 2023
iamoyindamola:

I saw it yesterday too
He went on loan to Swindon and came back to Leeds same season. So I guess he actually played epl too with Leeds that same season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 5:39pm On Aug 13, 2023
Jodera:
That 65m na wetin go hunt us and limit people like Trossard time. I just wish Trossard was 55m while Havertz was 20m, we for no dey wail about am almost every week laidis.

Omorr, this thing dey pain me. The Kain nonsense wey him dey play and "make ball no spoil for my hand" play dey vex me ehn

Thank God i don zero my mind. If the guy get goals, my mind about him no fit change. He doesn't fit our approach, individually too.

Plus, what is the covenant Arteta has with Chelsea abeg
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 5:42pm On Aug 13, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Forrest played defensive game and were hoping on counter attacks . They got lucky and took their chance when it came knocking .

I’m sure Arteta and the boys learnt their lessons . We move !
There's this part of our game where we feel that once we are in control, nothing dey sup. It's dangerous. Funny enough, we should have won 5-0. We can't continue to be wasting sweat and effort in such manner. All it takes in EPL to ruin whatever sweet tactics any manager imagines vividly is just 2mins. Kpere!! Cooper was defensive and just tweaked one forward spot and they got a goal in 10mins. Naaaahhhh!! Unacceptable. We put 2 new forwards and not a goal came out.

The excuse? Na first game. Rightly so. Hopefully, its the last such occurs.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 5:43pm On Aug 13, 2023
VicThory:

Should have see that of PSG
Which one in particular?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:14pm On Aug 13, 2023
Klopp just introduced 17 yo Ben doak against Chelsea
Arteta can’t even put dubbery in preseason grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by VicThory(m): 6:31pm On Aug 13, 2023
daveP:
Which one in particular?
Yesterday match. 1000 passes 0 goal

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:33pm On Aug 13, 2023
If we had gotten mudryk that’s how we will waste 150m on Pepe and this fraud

Omo shocked
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:41pm On Aug 13, 2023
iamoyindamola:
If we had gotten mudryk that’s how we will waste 150m on Pepe and this fraud

Omo shocked

Thank God for Boehly who saved us from Arteta’s wild goose chase. Otherwise we would have been stuck with another expensive scam.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:43pm On Aug 13, 2023
Roland17:

Thank God for Boehly who saved us from Arteta’s wild goose chase. Otherwise we would have been stuck with another expensive scam.
The guy should go and start career in athlete since he can run
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 8:24pm On Aug 13, 2023
VicThory:

Yesterday match. 1000 passes 0 goal
Oh. So they still dey do that thing. 😂
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 8:28pm On Aug 13, 2023
MA just dey focus on making Kai fit in so bad instead of seeing how it is unbalancing the telepathy the forwards have from last season. Smh. You don't just force a new guy so harsh like that. Haba.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by OgwuEgo: 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2023
You are a legend
ObaIgwe1:

I don't think I want us to sell Jorg for now o. Partey has fragile legs no forget.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:05am On Aug 14, 2023
No matter the amount levy bring we shouldn't do business with spuds for balogun
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:10am On Aug 14, 2023
Jodera:
While there are a lot of positives but I feel the negatives outweighs the positive except if we're playing against low level teams like NF, Luton and the likes where our over quality will shine through against them.

Our defence was some times left exposed only that NF quality (or lack of) couldn't capitalize on it.

Did you know that it was Saliba that gave Saka that assist when no be say na corner kick we play and during that phase the player covering for Saliba was deep into our own half.?

Did you know that on certain situations in the game, it was only Saliba that's the only defender, while others pushed forward? And this happened even while we were winning

Omorr, it is too aggressive and we'll be susceptible to high attacks against top teams if we carry on with that pattern. There's a reason why the game changed hands with just Elanga and Awoniyi introduction. Anybody wey follow Man u then go know say that boy Elanga good with counter and Awoniyi holdup play/counter

Imagine us using that as default formation and setting up like that against Oga pata pata Man u with Bruno and Rashford or against Liverpool frontline and middle wey dey press resistant and good at counter

Na collect we go collect
I get your point.

The formation was not the problem but the distraction and the lack of speed to make up for lost possession. The moment NF brought in Elanga, that was the time for Arteta to have made adjustments. There was no need to continue to pin NF with 2-0 up.

Again, if Tomiyasu/Timber was where White was Elanga would not have ran all that distance without being caught up. At least to drag him wide instead of allowing him cut inside.

No matter the team, if you place men in the defensive third and outnumber them, they will always succumb. Then after getting the first goal, you allow them to come out and concede more. The only thing that is required is to not lose the possession. That would be almost suicidal. But even if you lose possession make sure you have sprinters as defenders. This will make whoever is countering to have a lot of distance to cover to get to goal.

I believe
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:13am On Aug 14, 2023
Roland17:

Ehnnn…Una don see where dem bench “Skimmer” before? When I hold ball, men dey shout “skimmer biko kwa”!!!

I can play anywhere from the middle to the top. Today, I played as CM. Na just pick up game for fun and to stay fit.

My side lost 2-1.. The werey ref cancel my clean assist, e pain me.. and no VAR angry angry grin

Erm, Skimmer, I am not having any of the bolded grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:17am On Aug 14, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Why buy timber then
Timber should be where White was and Gabriel where Timber was.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:22am On Aug 14, 2023
Roland17:
My boy Camavinga is looking tidy in his more preferred midfield role. If I had a choice, he would be my choice replacement for Partey as Partey ages.
Keep like 150m. Caicedo is 115m o shocked
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:47pm On Aug 14, 2023
Timber out on lengthy injury. cry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:48pm On Aug 14, 2023
Spy360:
Read it too
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:55pm On Aug 14, 2023
Spy360:

I am gutted for him and the team.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:58pm On Aug 14, 2023
Roland17:

I am gutted for him and the team.
What's wrong with Arsenal and injuries?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:58pm On Aug 14, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Read it too
I just weak as I dey here
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:29pm On Aug 14, 2023
daveP:

Thank God i don zero my mind. If the guy get goals, my mind about him no fit change. He doesn't fit our approach, individually too.

Plus, what is the covenant Arteta has with Chelsea abeg
If you ask me, na who I go ask?? grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3158) (3159) (3160) (3161) (3162) (3163) (3164) ... (3492) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: daveP(m), MSGAMBLE9, germaphobe(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.