Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,369 members, 7,861,015 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:00 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2359438 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3220) (3221) (3222) (3223) (3224) (3225) (3226) ... (3548) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:29pm On Oct 03, 2023
Lens don score
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:30pm On Oct 03, 2023
Can’t say it wasn’t coming.. Look at everyone strolling back. Zinny is horrible defensively and why did Rice not chase after Wahi? We had 5 players back but Wahi found a way with so much space to score.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:31pm On Oct 03, 2023
We need Nketiah in this game
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:34pm On Oct 03, 2023
We don’t look coordinated defensively. Everyone seems to be chasing the ball with as spacing.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:37pm On Oct 03, 2023
I will take a draw because this Lens side are good..

Come on guys!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:40pm On Oct 03, 2023
We are not using our width well. Odegaard out for Nketiah
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 9:51pm On Oct 03, 2023
Im so happy for one reason. This Arteta can see how his team looks lifeless in attack without a Saka. It also looks terrible without a Partey defensively. I hope it makes him sit up in decision making. Especially as the Saka signs were there

The Nelson win is not working. We need split thru passes. Thus left to right possession is not working abeg. I take the L
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:52pm On Oct 03, 2023
You can all see why I won't rate this nelson
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:55pm On Oct 03, 2023
Rubbish!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:57pm On Oct 03, 2023
In one night Arteta has managed to lose to Lens and cost Arsenal any chance of winning the game against City at the weekend. Generational talent.

Copied

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 10:00pm On Oct 03, 2023
Waste of space fc .... una don start to dey disgrace Eegkand cheesy cheesy grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:00pm On Oct 03, 2023
iamoyindamola:
You can all see why I won't rate this nelson
Lens defense were resolute abeg. Nelson didn't have space to enact any speedy or fast and furious. It would have been worse with Nelli cos while he may have more sense guy will waste balls or overkicking. This was a game that we needed an Ozil. This was a game that our opponent put up a wall at our best attacking style. This was a game we needed to do something out of the blues, something unusual from the style. Unfortunately we couldn't cos we don't have such player. That one experienced player that will not be so mobile but will be a terror to such a defense. Lens defended welll.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:02pm On Oct 03, 2023
Roland17:

You are right, no vex, my apologies.. na vex wen dey hold me..

No lele. I bin reason say na mistake ni 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:04pm On Oct 03, 2023
mine3112:

Arteta is a very stubborn goat. I hope he will not be the architect of his own downfall.

My conclusion from tonight's loss- Arteta needs a January buy with proper UCL nights experience for that middle. I don't care whatever anybody says to counter this. What a gamble. The flight to france antics looked deliberate sha. But as for onfield approach, it is very obvious that Partey was needed.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Unlimited22: 10:07pm On Oct 03, 2023
Una don start
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 10:26pm On Oct 03, 2023
daveP:

My conclusion from tonight's loss- Arteta needs a January buy with proper UCL nights experience for that middle. I don't care whatever anybody says to counter this. What a gamble. The flight to france antics looked deliberate sha. But as for onfield approach, it is very obvious that Partey was needed.

For me, we desperately need an out and out efficient CF.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 10:44pm On Oct 03, 2023
Roland17:

No be only out and out. Na in and back
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Onkoolos: 11:16pm On Oct 03, 2023
Lana1:

You run away from our thread!! Shame no go let u blame onana

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:20pm On Oct 03, 2023
Who else remembers my complaints about our pattern of play when we eventually resume UCL football and why we should adjust many aspects to respect the kind of opponents we'll meet on this Grade Reunion Stage??

I complained about a lot of stuff last year and early this year too. I hate to be the i told you so guy, but 3/4 of what i complained about happened tonight.

Zinch weakness in defense. Lens exploted that that baba had to las las swap Yasu to cover that up. Smh

Absence of Partey(UCL experienced midfielder)

A diff pattern of player wrt to opponents and not after our usual usual. It is not every team in the world that we play that we have to play the arsenal style. That's wack. It showed tonight. So bad that there was nothing new or different immediately Saka left the pitch.

What's more painful is the actual quality of opponent that gave us this shocker. Naaaaahhh

Are we ready for the Sevilla double header?

Two games to show if Arteta is someone willing to learn and improve.

Note- our team is not perfect. It is the sole reason we should be trying to crack down opponents weakness instead of relying on just our style of play.

I can imagine what an Ozil, Auba, Ramsey, etc would do of they were in this lineup tonight.

Immediately i saw Odegaard switching to antics, i knew he was done for the night. Sad this is coming up against a team that we can't win against come weekend. Will this team ego be fluid?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 11:31pm On Oct 03, 2023
Lana1:

Have some shame, even if na small.. angry

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 11:43pm On Oct 03, 2023
Roland17:

Have some shame, even if na small.. angry
Shame? What's that?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 12:58am On Oct 04, 2023
Lana1:
Shame? What's that?

Dis undecided

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:43am On Oct 04, 2023
We will bounce back!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:36am On Oct 04, 2023
daveP:
Lens defense were resolute abeg. Nelson didn't have space to enact any speedy or fast and furious. It would have been worse with Nelli cos while he may have more sense guy will waste balls or overkicking. This was a game that we needed an Ozil. This was a game that our opponent put up a wall at our best attacking style. This was a game we needed to do something out of the blues, something unusual from the style. Unfortunately we couldn't cos we don't have such player. That one experienced player that will not be so mobile but will be a terror to such a defense. Lens defended welll.
Person they carry ball go throw in you say lens defense
In case you don't know he has most touches in our sub and ESR have most shots on target from our players
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:38am On Oct 04, 2023
BlueRayDick:
We will bounce back!
Sure but defeat Luke this always make it look like 1 step forward 3steps backward especially losing saka due to the coach stupidity
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:54am On Oct 04, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Sure but defeat Luke this always make it look like 1 step forward 3steps backward especially losing saka due to the coach stupidity

I want to believe he is a 21st century manager who should've simulate situations like this (when Saka his best player is not available for selection) and come up with a plan.If he does not have a plan on how to win in times like this , then shame on him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:59am On Oct 04, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I want to believe he is a 21st century manager who should've simulate situations like this (when Saka his best player is not available for selection) and come up with a plan.If he does not have a plan on how to win in times like this , then shame on him.
That boy have been playing with injuries, why play him everytime
Imagine the fool justifying his reasons by saying he didn't play him against Brentford
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:56am On Oct 04, 2023
I am actually not worried about this loss. Arteta was so foolish to start Saka. very very very foolish. Man limped off against Spurs, he started him against Bournemouth. We're 3 goals up but he didn't sub him out until the kid finally broke down. You still get the mind to play him 4 days later.

However, that still won't take away the fact that all of the players were shit yesterday.

And Raya? we dey look
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:52pm On Oct 04, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Person they carry ball go throw in you say lens defense
In case you don't know he has most touches in our sub and ESR have most shots on target from our players
Guy you say the space given to him when he was free. That was a tight angle. He either tried to run or simple pass back to Tomiyasu. My crux was Yasu ran out of idea on how to free him up and his own error was refusing to run behind those two yellow shirts. This left to right pattern was what made me know that we are out of ideas and would not get shingbain from the game.

Once again, we are back to the Rubbish we realized in Europa. Arteta doesn't have sense for Uefa nights lately. Sorry to say. His decision making is the proof. Things fall apart and he suddenly starts to rely on players that he never give minutes or top chances on a normal day. He needs to stop it. ESR>>>> Harvest

ESR knows the pattern but is also one player that reads opponents movement and tries something new. That's why he and Saka gel so well when they play together. But Baba is too daft to realize that cos of 65m.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:54pm On Oct 04, 2023
Roland17:

Naaah. We need super creativity. A player that knows how to dump Artetaball when it's not working and try something else entirely.

This is where Rodri becomes super key for Pep side cos while he is pivotal to pep ball, he knows when to do stuff outside the box. Simple!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 12:56pm On Oct 04, 2023
daveP:
Naaah. We need super creativity. A player that knows how to dump Artetaball when it's not working and try something else entirely.

This is where Rodri becomes super key for Pep side cos while he is pivotal to pep ball, he knows when to do stuff outside the box. Simple!!

That player will not smell the pitch then because Arteta likes his players playing to his instructions and that is why you see him on the touch line for 90 minutes dishing out instructions.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:58pm On Oct 04, 2023
BlueRayDick:

He's pissed me off. Acts like he doesn't care about his most important player. It's super annoying. This guy has played over 4000minutes. Haba!! Compared to Man City that still played less minutes despite having more games?? Naaahh.

I knew he was toying with Fire when he refused to get a Saka Backup. Maybe his major decision-maker is "do i like this player?"

Cos this Zaha no suppose dey Turkey to start with. I can mention half a dozen guys that will come in cheap and even make Saka sit out full 90minutes back to back so boy can catch a breather. But.....

Mtchew

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3220) (3221) (3222) (3223) (3224) (3225) (3226) ... (3548) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: mostob(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.