Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,597 members, 7,820,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2320700 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3302) (3303) (3304) (3305) (3306) (3307) (3308) ... (3491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Amigoss: 1:50pm On Dec 24, 2023
Silentgroper:
what brain fart occasion did gomez have yday ... He was on point through out the minutes he played ... People thought saka would have easily dribbled past him yday but only those that knew him better knows that saka was in for it the minute he came in...

There was a time he was through on goal,my guy brain just freezed not knowing what to do and he was dispossessed easily,then the back pass he did as well but anyways he had a solid game better than tsimikas especially dealing with saka
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:52pm On Dec 24, 2023
Silentgroper:
maybe that's the problem ... Gomez would shine in a 3man back playing the LCB role ... Put him there and you'd see the best of gomez ...

Tsimikas wouldn't have taken a bended shot like gomez did yday .. it's either the ball goes far awide or he crosses it ... I think gomez is solid defensively at that position than tsimikas ...

Nah, no one cheated.. your players manipulated their boots thinking most of the falling down would happen around the box 18 so they would be cheaply awarded penalties instead we were the one that got robbed of a pk yday ... Damn the fvcking ref.. I've never seen a penalty as glaring as that..
Odegaard slipped according to the rule it's not a penalty
Kai was pulled to the ground yet the ref said he was already on his way down
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Amigoss: 1:58pm On Dec 24, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Yes I agree Diaz haven’t returned to his best

About the pitch how come your players avoided the center part
As usual klopp this and that, una no fit beat us for the second time in anfield

Make I even go check videos and replay on this Una centre part agenda,Una dey forbid to win grin.....klopp this and that because he wants to force gakpo to play the firmino role so bad which my guy is not built for and evidently makes him quiet and not a threat,Salah was the only threat in that game
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:52pm On Dec 24, 2023
Silentgroper:
everybody dey form busy ... No one really wants to help make the thread work.. I've tried on several occasion to ressurrect the thread but it just keeps going back its regular state .. Me sef kukuma leave .. when the other folks are up to it . It would come back alive...
Hmm..
I hope it better comes back oo smiley
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:12pm On Dec 24, 2023
Silentgroper:
everybody dey form busy ... No one really wants to help make the thread work.. I've tried on several occasion to ressurrect the thread but it just keeps going back its regular state .. Me sef kukuma leave .. when the other folks are up to it . It would come back alive...

I understand what you are talking about because I deal with same on Milan thread. It is hard to keep a thread alive when it is only one or two of you making the effort. My suggestion is to keep the thread active during derby days or important match days like yesterday.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 6:24pm On Dec 24, 2023
Shegzdave:

Does that Mean we don’t have Subs??
Do we indeed have subs?

Of course not. What we have is only standard first 11
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:11pm On Dec 24, 2023
Kbs468:

Do we indeed have subs?

Of course not. What we have is only standard first 11
Our improvement in squad depth has made it difficult to notice how injury has dealt with us this season. Below is our 2nd eleven which automatically refers to our 'subs'

Ramsdale, Kiwior, Timber, Tomiyasu, Partey, Jorginho, ESR, Vieira, Nelson, Nketiah, Trossard

How many teams in EPL can boast of team B as strong as this?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 7:18pm On Dec 24, 2023
mostob:
Our improvement in squad depth has made it difficult to notice how injury has dealt with us this season. Below is our 2nd eleven which automatically refers to our 'subs'

Ramsdale, Kiwior, Timber, Tomiyasu, Partey, Jorginho, ESR, Vieira, Nelson, Nketiah, Trossard

How many teams in EPL can boast of team B as strong as this?

Of which most are injured or play below expectation.
Partey,Timber, ESR, Tomiyasu, Veira all injured.
Kwikor, Jorginho below par.
Nelson and Ramsdale not given enough play time.

Only Nketiah, Trosaard, and Tomiyasu are regular sub.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:13pm On Dec 24, 2023
Lush100:

Of which most are injured or play below expectation. Partey,Timber, ESR, Tomiyasu, Veira all injured. Kwikor, Jorginho below par. Nelson and Ramsdale not given enough play time.
Exactly... Injury has really affected our bench this season.
BTW, you forgot the pensioners too.. Elneny and Cedric.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:32pm On Dec 24, 2023
Lush100:

Of which most are injured or play below expectation.
Partey,Timber, ESR, Tomiyasu, Veira all injured.
Kwikor, Jorginho below par.
Nelson and Ramsdale not given enough play time.

U can’t eat ur cake and have it . Not many top players will agree to be permanent sub in a big team like Arsenal .

Most of the Top teams have grade B players as subs ( maybe except man city sha ) . Arsenal is not an exception .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Silentgroper(m): 8:39pm On Dec 24, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Odegaard slipped according to the rule it's not a penalty
Kai was pulled to the ground yet the ref said he was already on his way down
.. yes, he slipped... But he also took advantage of the moment...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Silentgroper(m): 8:45pm On Dec 24, 2023
Amigoss:

Make I even go check videos and replay on this Una centre part agenda,Una dey forbid to win grin.....klopp this and that because he wants to force gakpo to play the firmino role so bad which my guy is not built for and evidently makes him quiet and not a threat,Salah was the only threat in that game
still salah was still piss poor yday being the obky threat .

Seriously, these gunners boys had luck on their side yday ...

But i still think klopp shoulda started nunez yday ... Salah and nunez has some unspoken chemistry.... Those two know how to find each other better than salah and gakpo...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Silentgroper(m): 8:48pm On Dec 24, 2023
Roland17:

I understand what you are talking about because I deal with same on Milan thread. It is hard to keep a thread alive when it is only one or two of you making the effort. My suggestion is to keep the thread active during derby days or important match days like yesterday.
when they all feel like it, they'll come around jare ..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:35pm On Dec 24, 2023
Silentgroper:
.. yes, he slipped... But he also took advantage of the moment...
lol
What does this mean
You already admitted he slipped how do you want him to land
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:56pm On Dec 24, 2023
Liverpool will be without M. Salah for about a month when he goes to the AFCON. That is going to be a big loss for Liverpool and has to be consequential.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:15pm On Dec 24, 2023
Roland17:
Liverpool will be without M. Salah for about a month when he goes to the AFCON. That is going to be a big loss for Liverpool and has to be consequential.

https://twitter.com/MT_Analysis/status/1738866899021340823?t=qx4bzeb5l0jw-yAKaZS2dg&s=19

So we only focus on Zinny when Odegaard cause 4 💔 yesternight sha. 😆

They forced us to become direct and that was exactly what they wanted. Plus Zinny restricted to the touchline. Zinny underrated Salah mehnnnnnn. That's total disrespect. Compared to how Gomez and Konate handled our wingers.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 10:34pm On Dec 24, 2023
daveP:

https://twitter.com/MT_Analysis/status/1738866899021340823?t=qx4bzeb5l0jw-yAKaZS2dg&s=19

So we only focus on Zinny when Odegaard cause 4 💔 yesternight sha. 😆

They forced us to become direct and that was exactly what they wanted. Plus Zinny restricted to the touchline. Zinny underrated Salah mehnnnnnn. That's total disrespect. Compared to how Gomez and Konate handled our wingers.

Zinny defended the way he knows how to. His positioning/ when defending is poor, he struggles with keeping the line and lacks recovery/ pace when beaten. Inverting him against intense teams that keep possession only exacerbates his deficiencies.

For instance, Martinelli loses the ball high up in Liverpool’s half which triggers a counter attack. When the counter starts, Zinny is already at a disadvantage because he has already inverted into the attacking (midfield) half of Liverpool, Havertz is also around that area.

He lacks the pace and when he finally catches up, his positioning is horrible, so he is easily beat. I have always suggested playing a flat back 4 in instances like yesterday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:59pm On Dec 24, 2023
Roland17:

Zinny defended the way he knows how to. His positioning/ when defending is poor, he struggles with keeping the line and lacks recovery/ pace when beaten. Inverting him against intense teams that keep possession only exacerbates his deficiencies.

For instance, Martinelli loses the ball high up in Liverpool’s half which triggers a counter attack. When the counter starts, Zinny is already at a disadvantage because he has already inverted into the attacking (midfield) half of Liverpool, Havertz is also around that area.

He lacks the pace and when he finally catches up, his positioning is horrible, so he is easily beat. I have always suggested playing a flat back 4 in instances like yesterday.
Not only that sha. But his lack of Salah strength and weaknesses. That is the disrespect. Gomez and Konate did their own defending with regard for the strengths of our teo wingers. They came out tops. Zinny kept blocking Salah right instead of his left.

The wet pitch talks no be today sha

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 11:36pm On Dec 24, 2023
daveP:
Not only that sha. But his lack of Salah strength and weaknesses. That is the disrespect. Gomez and Konate did their own defending with regard for the strengths of our teo wingers. They came out tops. Zinny kept blocking Salah right instead of his left.

The wet pitch talks no be today sha

The waterlogged pitch was an obvious tactic employed by Kloop. It is one thing to wet the grass, it is another thing to make it feel almost waterlogged.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:06am On Dec 25, 2023
ARSENAL will be Celebrating JESUS birthday on the top of the PREMIER LEAGUE table.

There is ARTETA the CHEF

JESUS is there

There is RICE

There is TIMBER

HAVERTZ is there

HOLDING is on Loan

KIWIOR is there

TROSSARD is also there

PARTEY is on 25th.

Make sure you are there. Polish your shoe with KIWIOR POLISH, wear your best TROUSER(Trossard). There will be HAVERTZ and BAZAAR before they start celebrating JESUS birthday. There will be enough RICE & DECLAN WINE. The PARTEY will be HOLDING in EMIRATES STADIUM.
Time: CHELSEA O'CLOCK.

⛳Make sure you come early but if you don't, JORGIHNO will take your PENALTY😂😍.

Copied##

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:07am On Dec 25, 2023
Merry Christmas everyone grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:18am On Dec 25, 2023
Ho ho ho
Merry Christmas 🎁🎄 to you
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:38am On Dec 25, 2023
Roland17:

U are very right, u can’t give what u don’t have . Zinchencko will always play like that against Salah 10 out of 9 times . It has nothing to do with disrespect or comparing him with Konate/Gomez .

Even if they take out Salah and replace him with any other winger who has pace and knows his onions , the outcome will always be the same because Zinchenko can’t give what he doesn’t have . Martinelli losing possession while running into a human maze in the Loserpool half did not also help Zinchencko’s game at all.

If Arteta is wise, he will do something about the inequality that exists between Salah v Zinchecko before the next 2 matches between Arsenal and Loserpool . If not, we might jolly well lose those 2 matches cos I trust Klopp to instruct his players to exploit that side of the pitch to their maximum advantage .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:00am On Dec 25, 2023
Jodera:
ARSENAL will be Celebrating JESUS birthday on the top of the PREMIER LEAGUE table.

There is ARTETA the CHEF

JESUS is there

There is RICE

There is TIMBER

HAVERTZ is there

HOLDING is on Loan

KIWIOR is there

TROSSARD is also there

PARTEY is on 25th.

Make sure you are there. Polish your shoe with KIWIOR POLISH, wear your best TROUSER(Trossard). There will be HAVERTZ and BAZAAR before they start celebrating JESUS birthday. There will be enough RICE & DECLAN WINE. The PARTEY will be HOLDING in EMIRATES STADIUM.

Copied##
Bro holding is gone forever
Merry Christmas
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by papiilo(m): 6:35am On Dec 25, 2023
Roland17:

for the spirit of Christmas help with anything sir to cook sth good 0211206511 gtb
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:47am On Dec 25, 2023
Merry Christmas
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:44am On Dec 25, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Bro holding is gone forever
Merry Christmas
grin grin

Thank you bro
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 11:16am On Dec 25, 2023
Merry Christmas Gooners
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 11:53am On Dec 25, 2023
Merry Christmas to the real gunners. More blessings to us all and may the joy of the season be upon us all and may we have cause to celebrate now and always.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hausa(m): 2:20pm On Dec 25, 2023
BlueRayDick:

E be like say the 20 years the guy talk say he don dey watch arsenal , na mistake . Most likely he meant 20 days .

Saka that has not had one bad season ever since he made first team . Saka wey we dey complain make Arteta dey try rest small.

I just weak for that guy . If a winger scores, crest chances for others and still tracks back and u are not impressed ; what then will impress u?

He’s the first person I will see that despises saka whether as an arsenal fan or an opposition fan
When I mentioned Saka, Martinelli and Odegaard, my point was that at the end of the day, where can they genuinely take us?
By take us, I'm sure you understand where I'm going.
The only reason we got close to anything last season was because Gabriel Jesus played a major role. Once he was injured and the Saliba got injured, they struggled to rise to the occasion.
The only reason we have one Fa Cup is because Aubameyang stole the show. Aubameyang came with loads of experience, so it's easy.

Saka, Martinelli, and Odegaard, they might pull stats here and there and might be exciting to watch from time to time, but genuinely, I don't see them taking us to where we desire to go.
Their lack of experience is showing. I don't blame them.
Again, I talked about the lack of sufficient models in the squad.

Hopefully, you catch my drift.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:27pm On Dec 25, 2023
Hausa:
When I mentioned Saka, Martinelli and Odegaard, my point was that at the end of the day, where can they genuinely take us?
By take us, I'm sure you understand where I'm going.
The only reason we got close to anything last season was because Gabriel Jesus played a major role. Once he was injured and the Saliba got injured, they struggled to rise to the occasion.
The only reason we have one Fa Cup is because Aubameyang stole the show. Aubameyang came with loads of experience, so it's easy.

Saka, Martinelli, and Odegaard, they might pull stats here and there and might be exciting to watch from time to time, but genuinely, I don't see them taking us to where we desire to go.
Their lack of experience is showing. I don't blame them.
Again, I talked about the lack of sufficient models in the squad.

Hopefully, you catch my drift.

U don’t know ball .

So Arsenal didn’t win matches after Gabriel
Jesus was injured ? How come Nketiah became the darling of the club in Jesus’ absence ?

U just keep dropping more and more head scratching points to defend the initial ridiculous post u made .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by patrickmuf(m): 2:28pm On Dec 25, 2023
Jodera:

There is ARTETA the CHEF

JESUS is there

There is RICE

There is TIMBER

HAVERTZ is there

HOLDING is on Loan

KIWIOR is there

TROSSARD is also there

PARTEY is on 25th.

Copied##
Chelsea don suffer...😂😂😂

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3302) (3303) (3304) (3305) (3306) (3307) (3308) ... (3491) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.