Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,346 members, 7,860,891 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:12 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2359315 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3315) (3316) (3317) (3318) (3319) (3320) (3321) ... (3548) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:31pm On Jan 01
Guys... please is there anybody that is into tech here?
Make una help my life.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:40pm On Jan 01
Thomas Partey excused by Ghana for Afcon.

I want to believe this is a tactic by arsenal sha but that doesn't matter right now. He should get back on the field and do the job they are paying him to do.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:59pm On Jan 01
mostob:
Thomas Partey excused by Ghana for Afcon.

I want to believe this is a tactic by arsenal sha but that doesn't matter right now. He should get back on the field and do the job they are paying him to do.
This is good news.

Hopefully, he stays fit in Jan

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 2:03pm On Jan 01
Chasicolis:
You said it all.
Odegard is too rigid and has phobia operating from the centre nor the other flank. Always crowding or be hiding in the right with Saka.
I'm shocked that ARTETA didn't learn anything from his errors last season.
One, he shouldn't have signed Havertz
Either he signed a proper 9 that could have rivaled Jesus and sit him down or a proper attacking midfielder to compete with odegard.
Secondly, a top winger on the right to do so to Saka(he's nonchalant these days because of no threat).
3rdly, Had he signed a top striker, Jesus and Martinelli will drag the left flank bringing a serious competition which Trossard didn't put up much.
4th, give Trossard a quite number of start-ups on the left wing to test waters between Nelli and him.

5. Knowing Partey and injury crisis, should have kept xhaka for at least one more year even if it means doing away with Jorginho. That could have freed RICE a bit as the partnership of rice, xhaka and odegard would have been deadlier than what trossard and havertz have offered while playing similar role.

6. Odegard flatter to deceive, ignore his stats, they are just their for padding. Any game the wingers failed to operate, he looks like a worn out player. He can't dictate the flow of the game from the middle or left flank nor give killer and defence splitting passes regularly.

7. With Jesus, Arsenal isn't winning anything anytime anywhere. He's not a deadly striker. He's more Julain Alvarez.. Alvarez succeeds with Argentina because of the threat Messi and Di maria possess and bring. At City, Haaland and De bruyne like Messi takes the pressure off him and that creates room for him to shine mostly in big matches as seen last season. If you clearly watch most of the games without De bruyne nor Haaland, he also struggle to impact the games but running round the whole pitch to make touches to show his influence even as being the only striker up. Folden or Benardo also take pressure of the attack off him too.
Put Alvarez in Arsenal and see him exposed or in Argentina without Messi and watch.
There's a reason city struggled in champions league with Jesus as point man because he leaves the main work like Alvarez to roam the field.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 2:11pm On Jan 01
Wait one, you guys on here with this constant "mention somebody better" thing, why do i find it very odd, especially when viewed from the lens of inference?? It is hilarious o. There's always going to be someone better. And then again, there's always going to be averages that click in teams that makes one forget they were ever average. These things are not too direct now.

For now, all our Forwards need competition. If this is how we play, UCL football go do us wiunnnnn for ear.

The 2nd problem is Arteta refusing to just give minutes to players. In a way, Tierney, though, injury prone, was a good one.

Make we sha see 5buys this January.

We also need Arteta to find ways to end this direct approach thing. It is very annoying.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:20pm On Jan 01
daveP:
Wait one, you guys on here with this constant "mention somebody better" thing, why do i find it very odd, especially when viewed from the lens of inference?? It is hilarious o. There's always going to be someone better. And then again, there's always going to be averages that click in teams that makes one forget they were ever average. These things are not too direct now.

For now, all our Forwards need competition. If this is how we play, UCL football go do us wiunnnnn for ear.

The 2nd problem is Arteta refusing to just give minutes to players. In a way, Tierney, though, injury prone, was a good one.

We also need Arteta to find ways to end this direct approach thing. It is very annoying.
It is an open discussion. Suggesting players that would add quality to the team should be seen as an agenda

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:21pm On Jan 01
Jodera:

This is good news.

Hopefully, he stays fit in Jan
He should stay fit from January till June abeg.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ray07(m): 5:46pm On Jan 01
Jodera:
So who come be the "Us" wey you dey refer for Man u thread? grin
that was before before. I done fully port this year to Girona.

We're winning the league grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 6:04pm On Jan 01
mostob:
It is an open discussion. Suggesting players that would add quality to the team should be seen as an agenda

If someone can't mention 1 doesn't mean we are with the best legs to win a league. This was a situation Klopp's Liverpool was in years ago too. But see the squad before it fell down in quality and almost right up like nothing serious happened.

Anyway, Saka and Nelli need bench rest for 2nd half of season. I hope January solves that. This Lens Winger sef will be a good loan or buy sef.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:11pm On Jan 01
Jodera:

Lmaooo....
Statistics been no tell you say e no been dey work during West Ham loss when you pin am ontop Havertz absence? grin
I expected that given a low block Arteta would send Havertz into the forward position as aerial threat.

Let me use this post to state that statistics are recommended evidence and should be respected. But as Davep said, they are indicative but not conclusive which I agreed.

You see, me saying Giroud is on par with RvP is based on stats which is true. However, everyone of us who watched Arsenal knows that RvP is a far superior player/goal scorer.

That said, my grouse with you is when you make unguarded statements probably due to arrogance like saying Giroud is very very average. Which we have seen that it isn't true because it is not backed with facts.

You can say you prefer RVP or you can say RVP is better than Giroud. But don't say Giroud is very average just to push an agenda.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:17pm On Jan 01
mostob:
He should stay fit from January till June abeg.
That's the hope and prayer ooo

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:18pm On Jan 01
Ray07:
that was before before. I done fully port this year to Girona.

We're winning the league grin
Na lie joorr, that was just ystdy.

Bad friend tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:30pm On Jan 01
daveP:

Nobody is saying we shouldn't get a better player. In fact, we've always been advocating for players for Saka and Martinelli positions and deputy here.

What we're against is someone saying this guys can't lead us and you gave criteria that they're lacking on why they can't lead us. Oya suggest players that fits into your criteria, then you can't suggest. Even when he finally suggests, it's someone who is like a breakout star. Like who does that??

We need a lot of improvements. We need a lot of players to give our forward competition, sadly Arteta isn't doing so
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:35pm On Jan 01
Spy360:

I expected that given a low block Arteta would send Havertz into the forward position as aerial threat.

Let me use this post to state that statistics are recommended evidence and should be respected. But as Davep said, they are indicative but not conclusive which I agreed.

You see, me saying Giroud is on par with RvP is based on stats which is true. However, everyone of us who watched Arsenal knows that RvP is a far superior player/goal scorer.

That said, my grouse with you is when you make unguarded statements probably due to arrogance like saying Giroud is very very average. Which we have seen that it isn't true because it is not backed with facts.

You can say you prefer RVP or you can say RVP is better than Giroud. But don't say Giroud is very average just to push an agenda.
Which Kain contradictory statement are you making with the bolded?

Is Giroud on par with Van Persie or is Van Persie a better player than him? Which side are you,?
Are you in favour of that watched or in favour of stats?
Stay one place make we know your stand. That's why e dey taya me with you sometimes. You go bring contradictory points and along the line you'll start bringing same points and just stylishly fix it there, so that later, you'll start using that as evidence as what you meant. This is new year... Change biko

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:47pm On Jan 01
Spy360:

As for this Havertz matter.

How many times have he pushed Havertz upfront against low block teams and he's been dangerous through headers?

I can count the numbers of low block teams we've played and hardly have we ever crossed ball. In fact, Dave.P is always saying we're not a crossing team reason why we need strikers that are good aerially. You think if Havertz is always doing that, we'll be complaining?
So I don't understand which tactics you claimed he changed.

The only low block team he scored from a header is Brentford and he even came on as a sub sef.

The way you were going about and talking about unlocking and creativity, someone would think his passes and dribbles was what we missed not knowing you're talking "cross and nod" which we even hardly do.

You just formed one scenario out of your head and just dropped it here like say we no dey watch ball.

Like I said, na only you for this thread fit claim say we miss Havertz against West Ham.
And na only you dey claim say Havertz deh give us something different.

Only you ooo. But then I'm not surprised again. Na stats you dey watch grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hausa(m): 6:49pm On Jan 01
rooftops:

After all said and done Florian wirtz is the big name player you called. Someone who is just having his breakout season if I am correct.

The wirtz is even more of a ball carrier to me who is also still developing. So your solution to odegaard is wrong. Let us hear your solution to saka and martinelli.
Breakout? No. He got injured.
It's funny how u picked Florian like u didnt understand the point of "WE HAVE NO INFLUENCE IN MIDFIELD."

Wetin concern me with Odegaard?
He's not good enough for us. ANd that's the point!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hausa(m): 6:50pm On Jan 01
rooftops:

All his criteria no even enter for wirtz. I even had to check their stats. Wirtz has 5goals and 5 assist while odegaard has 4goals and 3 assist with less games o and a more competitive league.

I no be arsenal fan but there is no way I won't put odegaard in top 5 creative midfielders in the league and saka also top 5 wingers in the league.
If he said the coach should request more from them that is understandable but saying they can't take you guys anywhere (which I will be happy about anyway grin) is where I no go gree for am
You always check stats every time. Stats is not everything.

Did u stop playing football in JS2 or something?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 6:57pm On Jan 01
Happy new iya ( beatings) , we go see again at the end of the season ... cheesy cheesy grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dumininu01(m): 7:04pm On Jan 01
Spy360:
For all the talks about Liverpool defenders, they have the best defense so far this season. Better than Arsenal and Man City.
Alisson Becker.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hausa(m): 7:10pm On Jan 01
Jodera:

Lol, the guy just dey cap, reason why no one takes him serious again.

Those are the type of people that will tell you Pepe is a better player than Saka but arsenal decided not to use him well.

If you see the way I vex when I saw Wirtz as that example ehh. Omorr, I vex.

Anyways sha, na him opinion. Make him just deh carry am dey go
I don't need anyone to take me seriously, lol.
Na una dey find who una go take hold body. I don't need it.
For many years, I've said we can't go all the way with the quality we have. E go be like sey na bad belle, but I've been proven right every single time. You're carried away with stats, se-len-se football and flair. I'm not.
All I'm saying is, what we have cannot take you and I to where we want to be.
But I guess the definition of where we both want to be is subject to our varying interpretation.

I know where I desire my club to be. But I know that these guys won't take us there.

Come'on!
We didn't win the League in 2005, 06, 07 and 08 with far superior players and u think we will now?
How? Why? Better Coach? Better squad? What a joke!
We almost won last season, like we didn't almost win it for many other seasons.

One ucl final in over 20 years and you think we can now reach even the ucl semi finals with these players?
Are u not seeing what our competitors are doing and how they're doing it? Nawa ooo!!!
History plays Football, bro. Know this and know peace.

You will keep dreaming and get nothing. Unfortunately, whatever you get is what I also get.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hausa(m): 7:17pm On Jan 01
Jodera:
Nobody is saying we shouldn't get a better player. In fact, we've always been advocating for players for Saka and Martinelli positions and deputy here.

What we're against is someone saying this guys can't lead us and you gave criteria that they're lacking on why they can't lead us. Oya suggest players that fits into your criteria, then you can't suggest. Even when he finally suggests, it's someone who is like a breakout star. Like who does that??

We need a lot of improvements. We need a lot of players to give our forward competition, sadly Arteta isn't doing so
You don't even get it.
You can lead me. I can even lead you.

But there's no guarantee that I have what it takes to Lead u to where you want to be............. and vice versa.
And that's a FACT!!!
And that's my point!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ray07(m): 7:25pm On Jan 01
Jodera:
Na lie joorr, that was just ystdy.

Bad friend tongue
wetin come be today . . . New year, new club. grin

Happy new year boss. smiley
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:01pm On Jan 01
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:33pm On Jan 01
Jodera:

How many times have he pushed Havertz upfront against low block teams and he's been dangerous through headers?

I can count the numbers of low block teams we've played and hardly have we ever crossed ball. In fact, Dave.P is always saying we're not a crossing team reason why we need strikers that are good aerially. You think if Havertz is always doing that, we'll be complaining?

The only low block team he scored from a header is Brentford and he even came on as a sub sef.

The way you were going about and talking about unlocking and creativity, someone would think his passes and dribbles was what we missed not knowing you're talking "cross and nod" which we even hardly do.

You just formed one scenario out of your head and just dropped it here like say we no dey watch ball.

Like I said, na only you for this thread fit claim say we miss Havertz against West Ham.

Havertz role is the control of spaces on the left which brings a level on dominance and creates spaces for Martinelli or attack from that area. That is the role of the LAM in that Arteta formation, which was also the role Trossard played but to little effect. So far, Havertz have shown that he is the best we have in that position for now. It was based on this that I said that we would have done better if he played as I saw that we weren't succeeding with our tactics despite our high possession 76% and shots on goal 30 (stats again).

However with that tactics still not working against Fulham as we were struggling I felt that Arteta could have in that moment assigned Havertz a striking role inside the box to challenge for headers. All these na permutations.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:58pm On Jan 01
Spy360:

Spy, na you type this thing? grin grin
You will be honored bro...both home and away, you will command respect.

That a player is average doesn't mean he is not good.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:02pm On Jan 01
Hausa:
I don't need anyone to take me seriously, lol.
Na una dey find who una go take hold body. I don't need it.
For many years, I've said we can't go all the way with the quality we have. E go be like sey na bad belle, but I've been proven right every single time. You're carried away with stats, se-len-se football and flair. I'm not.
All I'm saying is, what we have cannot take you and I to where we want to be.
But I guess the definition of where we both want to be is subject to our varying interpretation.

I know where I desire my club to be. But I know that these guys won't take us there.

Come'on!
We didn't win the League in 2005, 06, 07 and 08 with far superior players and u think we will now?
How? Why? Better Coach? Better squad? What a joke!
We almost won last season, like we didn't almost win it for many other seasons.

One ucl final in over 20 years and you think we can now reach even the ucl semi finals with these players?
Are u not seeing what our competitors are doing and how they're doing it? Nawa ooo!!!
History plays Football, bro. Know this and know peace.

You will keep dreaming and get nothing. Unfortunately, whatever you get is what I also get.
The same player you said couldn't push us to win titles almost won it last season but for injuries and thin squad, we could have won it. Who are these far superior players abeg?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:03pm On Jan 01
iamoyindamola:
Martinelli is an asshole and a stupid boy at that

https://twitter.com/Rice6ii/status/1741491145840918888?t=zL7Rgh45sG1npGt5q76OHw&s=19
You dey play rubbish, Dem comot you, you dey vex sotey you ignored handshake. Na we dey give am liver sha.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:10pm On Jan 01
mostob:
You dey play rubbish, Dem comot you, you dey vex sotey you ignored handshake. Na we dey give am liver sha.
The boy is stupid
Normally he no suppose start till next month
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 9:43pm On Jan 01
Jodera:

Then asking whoever that they should drop names is an unnecessary thing to do. Not all of us may want to admit it but deep down we know this team is way below the form of last season and that is scary. The departure of Xhaka is really a big stepdown for overall output, sadly. Imagine a team wanting to win title doing siwes for a player to regain confidence when we should be having atmosphere of title challengers in conduct, deed and zeal on pitch. Chai! Arsenal o!!

We'll leave the new players over to the scouts but they better sha get players that will make those teo wingers to stop feeling way too special cos of Starting shirt. I can't imagine a crucial ucl ko match and one of two is injured or with a knock.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 9:49pm On Jan 01
Spy360:

Let me use this post to state that statistics are recommended evidence and should be respected. But as Dave p said, they are indicative but not conclusive which I agreed.

Giroud is not "very very average" he scored some sweet equalizer and goals for us. But in comparism, he doesn't fit into RVP class, and can't as far as Arsenal is concerned. RVP changes games himself. He takes things into his hands and does a lot of stuff the Giroud at Arsenal CAN'T ever do.

The boldened, you do know it's a sweet contradiction of your stance. You're contradicting yourself so sweetly and excellently. Pls just no tokam outside pls. Giroud and rvp?? Heiiiiii!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 9:54pm On Jan 01
Jodera:

I think one funny thing about Kai situation is that the sensationalism of him trying to pick up has beclouded the fanbase of a team that were ruthless throughout last season. Sensationalism won't get us goals. As far as Kai plays on the Left majorly, irrespective of role or whatever, his impact is way way way far from the overall impact Xhaka has on that same region.

The more shocking thing is that Arteta changed the style to accommodate THIS ONE PLAYER

LET THAT SINK DEEP. A manager doing that to the setup of a team that finished 2nd?? Repercussions dey, asides other troubling issues with the attack. We just pray he utilizes this January.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 9:57pm On Jan 01
See as Newcastle and Liverpool just dry net and var dey intervene. I wish i wish😤😤

Salah Pk sef!! Lol. Salah is super world class mehn. And he knows this and is still himself. But this season, his misplaced passes alone dey make am look like something dey sup. Overall, see intensity.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3315) (3316) (3317) (3318) (3319) (3320) (3321) ... (3548) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.