Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,534 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2317554 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3372) (3373) (3374) (3375) (3376) (3377) (3378) ... (3490) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by RikudoSennin: 1:15am On Feb 22
mine3112:

He is still a rookie. I just hope he learn fast.

Y’all keep saying this. Rookie after 4 years?

He keeps losing KO competitions every season.

I wouldn’t be surprise if results start to spiral from here on.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:54am On Feb 22
Yesterday's match was a forgettable one . I watched the match till around 89th minute and went to sleep . How can we not have a shot on target for almost 1 hour 30 minutes of football ? 🤷🏼‍♂️

That match just shows we are a team without a manager that knows how to tweak things to get a difficult result . After the end of first 45 mins I was expecting the manager to tweak things and have a team with different tactics and mentality come on for the second half . Unfortunately ma same same we play for second half .

My fear now is even if we find a way to beat Porto and qualify for the next round , other more disciplined opponents will use the Porto tactics and give us more problem .

I'm a fan of Arteta but he needs to learn to do things differently ; if not we will keep losing knockout matches under his watch . Porto just played like a more disciplined and focused Newcastle yesterday .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:47am On Feb 22
I believe this is a make or break season for us, all these years of rebuilding and nothing to show for it
Either arteta is not good enough or the boys are not, this is not even a wake up call again because I can't count the number of wake up calls we had already this season and refused to learn from it
I have never seen a disasterous performance like martinelli own yesterday
Zero everything no single success this asshole doesn't deserve a salary this week
Immediately saliba of all people start nonsense and rice got carded very early my mind no follow the match again
Then I can I explain our rookie coach with 4 years experience removing a CF for a DM
What are we defending exactly
If this season don't work out I think arteta or half of the boys should go
It's becoming a total waste of time and resources
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:37am On Feb 22
iamoyindamola:

I am having a bad feeling about it
Porto came prepared we need alternative to trossard/Kai as false 9
We need a true 9 any of the 2 can come out
This was during half time
If saturday go sweet na from friday you go know
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Silentgroper(m): 10:39am On Feb 22
mostob:
Even if there is a water named Microsoft, and Liverpool pour am on their pitch to make it slippery, they still won't Excel.
end of season will determine that...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:39am On Feb 22
Raya's positioning....

They fit use am measure great khali's height. undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:41am On Feb 22
Man saw no shot on goal till half time and 5 mins into 2nd half not even an attempt? I miss Xhaka and Partey. They notice these things and take matters into their hands. Rice needs to be in such positions abeg.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:43am On Feb 22
daveP:
Raya's positioning....

They fit use am measure great khali's height. undecided
The distance he played that ball from naim deh surprise me reason why I dey look Raya positioning one kind eye
... Still not taking anything away from that kick tho, It was executed with perfection. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:48am On Feb 22
daveP:
Man saw no shot on goal till half time and 5 mins into 2nd half not even an attempt? I miss Xhaka and Partey. They notice these things and take matters into their hands. Rice needs to be in such positions abeg.
Tbf, our players no carry "shot on goal boots" come.

Even the few shots we were taking were either blazed high or nodded wide. Trossard was just off in terms of his shooting ystdy. His two shots ought to be on target esp the 2nd one (that came from the corner kick). For someone with such good shot technique and accuracy, him fall my hand.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 10:49am On Feb 22
Jodera:
The distance he played that ball from naim deh surprise me reason why I dey look Raya positioning one kind eye
... Still not taking anything away from that kick tho, It was executed with perfection. cheesy

Similar to the goal Ramsdale conceded last season at the Europa league grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:55am On Feb 22
Shegzdave:

Similar to the goal Ramsdale conceded last season at the Europa league grin
Exactly,... It's just painful to see

Anyways, we just need to win the second leg. I would have really been happy with the nil draw since there's no away goal but mehnn... It's what it's.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:02am On Feb 22
Martinelli and Saka not beating their man time and time again when set up one on one with them was one of the big reasons we couldn't win ystdy.
For long we've always been complaining how our wingers are double-marked which makes it difficult for them to be effective (understandably since they're not Messi or Ronaldo) but it's really frustrating if a winger can't beat just one defender he's up with.

So many times ystdy Martinelli and Saka was being isolated with just their man to beat and if that happens chances will be created from there yet they couldn't even beat their man once. It's just so so sad!!

The game needed a Gabriel Jesus ystdy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:15pm On Feb 22
We have never beaten Porto at home and they have never won in our home. Another reason to be optimistic but seeing that European KO matches are Arteta's banana peel, the second leg is a 50-50 for me.

I read the Porto's coach interview and he proved me right. Using the same lineup in 3 consecutive matches has its consequences. A little shake up yesterday and Porto wouldn't have any 'answers'.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:40pm On Feb 22
BlueRayDick:
Yesterday's match was a forgettable one . I watched the match till around 89th minute and went to sleep . How can we not have a shot on target for almost 1 hour 30 minutes of football ? 🤷🏼‍♂️

That match just shows we are a team without a manager that knows how to tweak things to get a difficult result . After the end of first 45 mins I was expecting the manager to tweak things and have a team with different tactics and mentality come on for the second half . Unfortunately ma same same we play for second half .

My fear now is even if we find a way to beat Porto and qualify for the next round , other more disciplined opponents will use the Porto tactics and give us more problem .

I'm a fan of Arteta but he needs to learn to do things differently ; if not we will keep losing knockout matches under his watch . Porto just played like a more disciplined and focused Newcastle yesterday .
At 0-0 we were at advantage. How do you expect him to tweak things then? This is a two legged match o.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:38pm On Feb 22
Spy360:

At 0-0 we were at advantage. How do you expect him to tweak things then? This is a two legged match o.

So because it's a 2 legged match we should lose first leg Abi ? Is there any assurance we will win the second leg with the kind of performance we saw yesterday ?

Arteta not bring on an attacker in a game we didn't have shot on goal for that long makes no sense at all.

We should be aiming to win both legs and not hope to draw one and win one. Bringing on Nketiah towards the 70th minute would'be brought another vibe to our attack. The Porto guys were kicking everything in sight like Newcastle ; Nketiah could've committed them in the box
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:09pm On Feb 22
mostob:
We have never beaten Porto at home and they have never won in our home. Another reason to be optimistic but seeing that European KO matches are Arteta's banana peel, the second leg is a 50-50 for me.

I read the Porto's coach interview and he proved me right. Using the same lineup in 3 consecutive matches has its consequences. A little shake up yesterday and Porto wouldn't have any 'answers'.
I believe the boys will learn their lessons second leg. Thank goodness no more away goals, we need to be ruthless come second leg.

Also, Rice said it was the yellow card he was on that prevented him closing down on Galeno because the way he(Galeno) shaped his body, any contact with him would result to another yellow card and he doesn't wants to risk it. Fair play to him there.

Anyways, we still have the 2nd leg to play for
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:26pm On Feb 22
mostob:

I agree with you. However I think that at home it will be more like 70-30. Considering how we demolished Lens and PSV
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:29pm On Feb 22
BlueRayDick:

So because it's a 2 legged match we should lose first leg Abi ? Is there any assurance we will win the second leg with the kind of performance we saw yesterday ?

Arteta not bring on an attacker in a game we didn't have shot on goal for that long makes no sense at all.

We should be aiming to win both legs and not hope to draw one and win one. Bringing on Nketiah towards the 70th minute would'be brought another vibe to our attack. The Porto guys were kicking everything in sight like Newcastle ; Nketiah could've committed them in the box
I am not against you but all you have said are mere speculations. What if we had changed and it led to conceding two or three goals?

Assuming that goal didn't come late, your point would have made more sense. But at 0-0 it does not make sense to me really. And I am even trying to be a bit emotional here
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:42pm On Feb 22
Jodera:
I believe the boys will learn their lessons second leg. Thank goodness no more away goals, we need to be ruthless come second leg.

Also, Rice said it was the yellow card he was on that prevented him closing down on Galeno because the way he(Galeno) shaped his body, any contact with him would result to another yellow card and he doesn't wants to risk it. Fair play to him there.

Anyways, we still have the 2nd leg to play for
Yea... That was smart from Rice. I wondered where Jorginho dey at that time. grin

I jus want us to score first. Thank God Jesus and Partey will be back by then.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:43pm On Feb 22
Spy360:

I agree with you. However I think that at home it will be more like 70-30. Considering how we demolished Lens and PSV
Porto is not Lens or PSV. And this is a knockout not group stage bro. Anyway, I hope we do the needful at home.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:32pm On Feb 22
mostob:
Yea... That was smart from Rice. I wondered where Jorginho dey at that time. grin

I jus want us to score first. Thank God Jesus and Partey will be back by then.
Jorginho still dey coordinate players na.
You don forget who coordinator Jorginho be? grin grin

We really need Jesus second leg and games like ystdy Is the reason why Partey is truly missed. They played a mid block (wall) in the midfield ystdy yet we were only able to penetrate through that Midfield once. If there's something Partey is head and shoulder in above Rice, it's in giving that forward pass in half space no matter how much wall opposition mount. All the sideway and back passes in midfield wouldn't have happened with Partey present.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:37pm On Feb 22
Spy360:

I am not against you but all you have said are mere speculations. What if we had changed and it led to conceding two or three goals?

Assuming that goal didn't come late, your point would have made more sense. But at 0-0 it does not make sense to me really. And I am even trying to be a bit emotional here
I know most arsenal's fans blood dey hot but I really understand his substitution of Jorginho and pushing Havertz forward as Cf (for winning aerial duels) especially towards the end of the game. It's just to emphasize on control then try to see the game out through a nil draw. Since there's no away goal rule, it would have been a good result to see it out but Galeno had other ideas grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:48am On Feb 23
Jodera:
I know most arsenal's fans blood dey hot but I really understand his substitution of Jorginho and pushing Havertz forward as Cf (for winning aerial duels) especially towards the end of the game. It's just to emphasize on control then try to see the game out through a nil draw. Since there's no away goal rule, it would have been a good result to see it out but Galeno had other ideas grin
💯
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:49am On Feb 23
mostob:
Porto is not Lens or PSV. And this is a knockout not group stage bro. Anyway, I hope we do the needful at home.
If it was Lens or PSV I would have said 100/0 undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:06am On Feb 23
Spy360:

If it was Lens or PSV I would have said 100/0 undecided
Ok Sha... I don't know why the second leg just be like a year away. The way I'm anxious here eh
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:07am On Feb 23
Jodera:
Jorginho still dey coordinate players na.
You don forget who coordinator Jorginho be? grin grin

We really need Jesus second leg and games like ystdy Is the reason why Partey is truly missed. They played a mid block (wall) in the midfield ystdy yet we were only able to penetrate through that Midfield once. If there's something Partey is head and shoulder in above Rice, it's in giving that forward pass in half space no matter how much wall opposition mount. All the sideway and back passes in midfield wouldn't have happened with Partey present.
grin grin grin Jorginho should just retire and start coaching.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:06pm On Feb 24
If we don't beat Newcastle today, our players lack character and mentality. By beat, I mean 3 goals upward.

E get why I hate that team. Very dirty set of players.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:51pm On Feb 24
Jesus is with the squad. Partey nowhere to be found.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Leyqute(m): 3:54pm On Feb 24
mostob:
If we don't beat Newcastle today, our players lack character and mentality. By beat, I mean 3 goals upward.

You get confidence gan o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 6:03pm On Feb 24
mostob:

Beating Newcastle is the main thing not the number of goals
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:20pm On Feb 24
Lush100:

Beating Newcastle is the main thing not the number of goals
I want the beating to be sound. E get beating wey you go give teams that will scream 'na we get this street'.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3372) (3373) (3374) (3375) (3376) (3377) (3378) ... (3490) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.